(2013/05) May 2013

Hi 2Ks
I also intend to buy a cupboard. which type did u buy? sliding one or open door type? not much time left liao, i mostl likely going for c-sec on 4 May, so really need to get things rolling liao. wait last min sure to miss out some things one.
yr toddler can sleep on his own now? u no need to pat him to sleep? he wont wake up in the night?

Morning to all...

Wow 2ks, what cupboard your brought? I need to buy a cupboard too for baby stuffs and clothes, don't know what kind to get. Any recommendations?

Plus hospital bag also need to start packing. Not much energy left. Been so tired and with the false contractions, I can't sit an walk for long.

Alva diaper - Never heard before. Maybe can google for reviews? I did that before I brought.

morning everyone!
happy.gif

2Ks - So nice that each of your 3 kids can have their own room. My #1 can...but next one will have to take the study room or bunk in with #1. And if ever I am going for #3, I need to move house liaos. hahaah

Re: Cloth diapers
My mom bought me the traditional cloth diapers without me knowing. haha. Lucky I didnt buy the modern type ($138 for 6 pieces)..was still contemplating and telling hb like not v.worth it since also need to wash it just like the traditional type. Just that it has lots of cute design and bb will look damn cute in it. haha. For those using the traditional cloth diapers, do we still need to get the inserts/liners?

Cloth diaper - I was told that best to get liners for traditional type as baby will poo and let it poo on liner so that can clean easier. So I myself brought liners in case I use traditional. But end up, I am using modern ones but it come handy too.

Cloth diaper
I m using the traditional ones
Will buy nappy liners. Like wat Eva says, poo on liners will b easier to clean

Doing packing now when I still got energy.....

Eva, Vi - Thanks! Can I know where you guys bought the liners? Kiddy Palace got sell? Also, for traditional diapers, do we need to buy a 'wrap' with velcro or something to cover the cloth diaper? I remember my cousins using those when they were younger.

morning mummies

Did packing last evening and rack up a list of things to buy.

Managed to take separate some clothes for washing as well. MIL was "reviewing" the clothes with me. She says to get those button-y clothes for new born and so, i kept most of the rest...

Can i ask a silly question? New borns doesnt need to wear bottoms except for diapers? My mil says that they will be swaddled up so they dont need to wear anything at the bottom except for diapers...

So they will be swaddled up for the entire day?

fool4love
actually that time i let my nb wear bottoms also leh. but its still up to u. nb will be swaddled for whole day. but mine kicked his swaddle off by third week liao. but 2ks did mention before that its good to keep them swaddled. anyway, they wont feel warm hor, they scare of cold. thats why in hospital, if bb is in our ward, air con cannot be too cold also.

last time my mum also told me to get button or ribbon type. coz nb their neck still very soft, in case we dun know how to support their head properly, its safer to wear those button or ribbon type, easier to change for them

I bought Alva diapers. I haven't tried, so cannot review on it. But material seems good. Can buy from gmarket, or a local distributor. Will be putting liners inside the modern diapers too, for easier washing too.

wow, everyone so fast packing hospital bag. I havent even figured what clothes to pack for myself. Does anywhere sell cheap short sleeved front open silk nightgown? May should be really hot! I was thinking maybe silk might feel better during our confinement?

Sleepyskies - I think try buy from taka fair? Should have or this week upcoming mini baby expo as I got mine there. Kiddy palace can be exp. Since I am going Kiddy Palace today, I can check out for u. Bumwear sell biodegradable liners at $9.90 each. Usually, normal one u buy is not biodegradable so can't flush down the toilet bowl. Those non-biodegradable one, u need to clear the poo into toilet bowl before discarded.

fool4love - For new born, they will be swaddled up for whole day. So your MIL is not wrong to say the bottom don't need to wear.

Wow, your MIL still need to "reviewing" the clothes. Then how u gonna wash it?

Thanks worried 79.

How many sets of clothes do you reckon that it will be enough? I think i'm just anal about the fact that most of these clothes are hand-me downs. (cos i bought mostly rompers. simply love rompers - they are adorable.)

Hubbs refused to let me buy more clothes. He says i already have a lot... but those are for boys and i'm having a gal. He says "doesnt matter. baby wont know..."

Worried79: I customized my cupboard. Its sliding de. Cos girl will hv dresses all that ma so hang will b nicer.
Yes my toddler is sleeping with his korkor already. I bought 2 toddlers size bed for them. So easy to climb up and down also.
I never pat my boys to sleep one. Dont want it to be habit mah. He sometimes will wake up for milk then just make for him he will sleep back lor.

Eva: I customized my cupboard.

Sleepyskies: I hv 4 bedrooms mah. So the 2 boys will zzz together. Then meimei in another room lor

fool4love
actually hard to tell leh. becoz CL will do the washing everyday, and in May, should be very hot, then clothes will get dry faster...that time i did not buy alot, maybe less than 10 sets, plus some that were given by my cousins. old ppl always say its good to let first bb wear some old clothes, then they will grow up faster. haha. but i very selective one, if the clothes really too old liao, i never let my nb wear.
u no need to buy all expensive one. sometimes pasar malam will see those nb clothes with ribbons one, actually those will do too. esp for day time wear, since nb is at home only

I got let my bb wear bottoms at night. I swaddled them daily till about 6 weeks then swaddled only at night after That. I find them sleep better when swaddled

2Ks
oh, ok. i intend to get a bigger cupboard. Now #1 using those drawers type, really not enough.
my boy very naughty, he in school no need patting one. but come back, depend on his mood, he will either want papa or mama to pat him. but becoz he already very tired in school, normally pat 5-10 mins he will sleeep liao, so we still pat him lor. but he sleeps on a mattress in our room. my husband keep asking when we can shift him to his own room. sometimes he will wake up in the middle of the nite and climb up the bed to sleep in betw us. so my concern is, if leave him alone in a room, what if he wake up and cry, and we never hear him?

I got the diaper cover...so that if it is wet, the wetness will not wet the bed....

I bought more tops than bottoms...coz I also dunno whether they will wear bottoms or not...sound very hot....diapers (nap pies), bottom....

swaddle is also partly to not let them get frighten right?

i bought rompers too. Not going to buy anymore clothes, will just make do with whatever i have. Once i 'jie fang' from my confinement, than i will bring baby go shopping again.

now weather super hot hoh..i cannot imagine May how leh. I still hoping that the weather go cranky and end up raining in May..haha

JC- i super agree the weather is SO HOT. Am in air con room but im feeling very warm too... think its a symptom of third trimester too right? At night i feel warm before falling asleep too....

Diaper liner - my friend passed me some O darlin brand too. :p

ya!

weather is very hot. woke up perspiring last night.

Haha! JC: i'm hoping that weather will be cool in May as well. But i think there's a very slim chance... Planning to buy another fan just for baby. So hot le. Am so afraid that baby will get heat rash

ok, so i m not the only one feeling extremely hot!
i always wake up in the night feeling very hot too! even wif the air con on. and my husband will be all wrapped up under the blanket. i really cant imagine during the confinement month...May is supposed to be the hottest. if now also cannot tahan, how to survive in May.....

alvababy diaper : i bought alvababy too. read online that it is of same material as coolababy, and it is cheaper than those branded ones like bumwear, so decided to give it a try. i bought frm a local online shop though, not directly through that website.

bottoms : i didn't buy any shorts for bb since May / Jun will be super hot. Only bought long pants for bb to wear at night. Swaddling is enough imo.

at home still okie coz my house don't have sun come in. More like outside...yesterday walk to MRT can feel the heat so bad!

if confinement cannot on fan, i think i will die ah..haha.

if really wan to buy some NB clothes, can go si ma lu, there is this shop selling wholesale one, super cheap, cotton some more.. can go there take a look.

the liners, NTUC got sell also, tollyjoy one also ve.

Anybody starting to fart alot in the 3 trim?

usually i wld be in the air con room at night but i still wake up sweating while hubby wrap in the blanket until dun nod wat.

think they are saying during confinement cannot on fan but can on air con, logic is that fan wld be blowing you but air con wld not.

Now the weather so hot that I on a fan and air cooler and let it blow at me directly. My Air Con is down. Think need to ask for someone to wash. So hot, don't know can survive in May.

Rejoy, you talking about the shop that is hidden behind toilets? I went there to get nb sleeping wear. Very worth it. Half a dozen of tops for 12 bucks while pants are 11 bucks for half a dozen.

confinement in may is scary..or rather, cofinement is scary haha...

contemplating to buy the ALVA minky cloth diaper...perhaps just get one to try out first.

Ello ladies

Speaking about hot... I will definitely pespire after baths... and I get really warm just before I go to bed at night. Totally strange.

I've started drinking coconut on and off. When I go to the supermarket and feel like drinking I grab one. And it usually happens to be a hot hot afternoon. ;P

Clothes have been sorted out into drawers according to age: 0-3m. 3-6m, 6 months and beyond. I duno when I'll start washing them. Hahaha Still sitting on things.

i heard about the place at Si Ma Lu. My friend tell me can get cheap towels there also..

is it the building beside the temple?

Hihi,

Can chk with mummies who've been to the Taka Baby Fair on whether is there any good car seats on sale? The price range etc?

Anyone gg to Expo for the Baby Fair this weekend?

hi i have been to the taka fair. i didnt take note of car seats but i dont think the things there are very much cheaper. NTUC is having a baby fair now there. in fact the diapers in ntuc (Huggies) is cheaper than those i bought in taka.
sad.gif

bewildered
U looking for maxi cosi cabrio? Think the 2012 models are going for $230+ . around there. I can't really recall exactly. But good thing is got free delivery. I went yesterday & thought for a long time about getting the quinny zapp + maxi cabriofix bundle for $779. In the end I left with just some other miscellaneous things.

I saw Combi, Britax at about $300-$400. These are longer lasting seats that can last till child is 4 yrs old. But rather bulky lah.

beanie
Oh no....sometimes it happens right, stuff in taka is not as cheap as NTUC since taka is aircon, shopping centre in Orchard Road. Also NTUC can use NTUC linkcard right. Maybe this is the season for baby fair. Everywhere got baby items going on sale.

Think huggies newborn was cheapest at the Babycare Festival at expo. 3 for $10 but the queue scary also.

Any mummies bought/using those standing bathtub unit?
Or it's better to use a normal baby bathtub on the floor?

hi eva
yes most nTUc has the fair.

well if huggies newborn at expo is 3 for $10, then it is really the cheapest so fair cos one pack is ard $6.45 already for promo price.

Jc: it is a shop opp the si ma Lu temple . The shop is hidden in a corner . Blk 269 queen st 01-246 , 9 am to 6 pm , closed on Sunday

ica (tanerica): Haiz yesterday my doctor informed me of the risk for me to do a natural so i guess i will go for elective C-sect and then i guess my due date will no longer be in May and should be End April already.

dian_tang: u know what's the name of the shop?? Anyway, usually what sizing of the sleep wears, tops and bottom do u all buy? I everytime see the sizing I sian eh. lol!

Xuan: I think it is call sheng kwang . I bought the nb top and bottoms at 6 pieces for $12. I bought cos it is button front . I also bought nappy cloths ,12 pieces for $15 and wash cloths , 12 for $4.

Thx beaniee & pinktulip!
happy.gif

M looking at infant car seat but if wanna attach it to stroller, then need the base wh'd make the removal easiier but the isofix or familyfix base are so ex too.. Hmm.. Britax sounds nice but tis really ex tho tis for long term investment.. Saw fr a brochure tt they've got evenflo carseat on discount, but nt sure if tis still avail.. Anyone using evenflo carseat, any feedback?

Think gg to ntuc to stock up on abit of diapers for gg out usage coz thinking of trying out cloth diapers at home but if gg out, think will still put on disposable diapers for bb bah..
happy.gif

Btw, any mummoes know where to get e mattress cover for childcare mattress?

Oh yar, for mummies who r buying cupboard, roughly wat's the px of the cupboard? Thinking of getting those adult type of cupboard but checked out ikea ler, ard $500+ for decent ones.. Then the space inside's like v big, nt too suisble for kids clothes.. But figured tt if run outta space again in future with a kids cupboard, also gotta buy another bigger cupboard bah??

Mummies, side track a bit, wanna ask, anyone experience yellowish sticky discharge as of now?

My next visit to doc is next mon then today saw some sticky yellowish discharge. Don't know is it normal. As previously is clear discharge.

I bought those Algo cupboard only. Got it at the warehouse sales.

i plan to wait till bb bigger than renovate his room...so don't want to waste $$ buy big cupboard first

Eva: yes i have those yellow sticky discharge and like 1 day can duno change 3-4 up to 5 panty liner lor. even dou im at home..

hospital bag
u gals pack already huh? i havent even start.... T____T faints. i think still have alot of things i have not do like setting up baby cot buy mattress this n that. aiyo. im so busy n tired..

lately i realize im very very thristy.. do u gals feel so? and really eat things non stop one. faints.. and heartburn quite bad especially at night.. sianz..

Bewildered: cc mattress size is same with cot usually. So u can get cot bedsheets. Suggest u order from cc, its much cheaper and quality ok de.

Icustomized my cupboard leh. Cos I dont want drawers type cos more space for me to put stuff in lor.

Back