(2013/05) May 2013

Good morning! TGIF!

Bewildered: Oh, I engaged Mdm Ida this round, cos last round was done bu her disciple, but her disciple not free so Mdm Ida is doing for me. Her disciple is very very good..Mdm Ida sounds "rough".

fool4love: I don't think the changing desk is necessary but good to have, since no need to bend down hor, esp after we have given birth. Our poor backs. I used to just changed on the cot. The cot is raised up to the highest level for newborn, so not much strain.

Morning mummies~~

bewildered - I also have bb clothes and stuffs here and there hahaha. Really need to pack pack.

Post Natal Massage
The massage can be done on our beds or what huh? Then put some mattress protector on top?

Chiro: for post natal massage, I used an unwanted thick blanket and put on the floor for the massage, cos the massage lady used some oil which is quite oily. I threw the blanket away after the sessions.

morning mummies... i booked mdm zaliah also... but hor... the funny thing is i never ask her how much per session... lol... pregnancy brain... any mummies going baby fair?? i still contemplating... the weather is so hot... but if dun go, sat and sun no time to go le...

hmmm...IFC versus MIL

i do agree that there sure be conflicts if bb taken care by in laws. cos during their time and our time is different u know.

sending to ifc is not complete solution too. u mummies have to be aware of the virus and the teachers style. although there are SOP on how to take care. but it actually depends on teachers too. some teachers still stubborn to listen de.
and the virus...
bb very prone to get flu and cough and broncritis in ifc. nebulise is very common for ifc babies.

i always tell others, put ifc is ok cos babies will learn things there, social. but its good still to maintain good relationship with in laws.
there are sure days which u need their help. etc cannot take leave or take too much leave.
no matter what grandparents will never ill treat their kids.

for mummies who sending their babies to ifc, just remember hang on there, they will soon build their own immune system.
and then hor...all PD will say the same thing if bb sick, one word "withdraw from ifc"

just get prepared ya...

fool4love: changing table is not necessary if u have a cot. cos cot the height is ok. but if u using playpen, it might be too low to change bb.
this time round i bought one though from ikea. since its a new bedroom and got space so i bought one.
later dont want then sell away lor

actually hor...i find those massage ladies hor...
they do massage shouldnt they maintain their figure too? if they so fat themselves how do we really can believe will slim down leh...LOL

but then its still shiok la...

oh...i used those seahorse folding mattress for massage. then use 2 big towels.
i usually ask ML not to use oil to massage my head cos i find it oily.
my ML think use ginger cream so its not oily.
but i hate the binding leh...so freaking tight but bo bian la

2ks, can't help but laugh at your comment on the figure lol.

Besides the changing table, want to ask does any mummies use bath tub unit? Am thinking seems very tiring and not good for us to squat on the floor to bath baby... It looks like this:

8226016.jpg

morning ladies!!

so sorry i'm on and off the chat.. terrible time at work since Feb and i'm so counting down to start my leave.. working mummies, you taking leave just nice or 1-2 weeks before delivery? i gotta apply 4 weeks before which is very soon.. but i can't decide.. i don't really wanna leave baby so soon! haha..

massage lady: i booked with mummy's massage.. $888 for 10 sessions..

hospital: booked the room at TMC during my last gynae visit.. tmc increase price again.. sian.. then the husband is more firm that he don't wanna stay with us cause it cost $100 before FBI discount.. but i think the $100 includes 3 meals lor.. i don't know man.. it's like, how can you leave your wife and child alone in the first few days.. i think i would want his company but he doesn't seem to understand.. sian man..

anyway it's friday... finally..

Rach, it really depends on u n ur hubby, for mi, i dun need him to acc mi as in stay in the hop, but i would wan him to spend at least a few days at hm after m discharge.

To mi, there is nurses to take care of mi and the baby, u stay is only for emotion nt really need him for other things. my 2 cent touts.

Rach, the additional $100 is per day for the companion? If really want his company talk talk to him. Maybe he wants to save costs for baby expenses. I initially thought it's expensive also but feel that some things/experiences can't be bought with $... It's a special moment for us afterall. =)

Babymaine - Is the changing table useful you think? How come not using the bath tub huh? Is it poorly designed? I'm considering leh, I feel it's not exactly cheap and don't know if it's useful.

Rach, I haven't seen the actual one leh, my hubby saw it at Baby Kingdom. Think it's $149. We still considering leh.

Charliebrown: really mah... all pd say the same thing. Only know how to ask pplto withdraw from cc when they cant cure them.

Chiro: I put a stool in the toilet when bathing bb... cannot squat la...
I think the bathing unit is lucky baby brand...

Re: Changing table
Initially wanted to get one coz thought more convenient to change bb's diapers without bending up and down. But after getting a cot, like not much space liaos. So maybe will just get a mat put on top of my mini cupboard and use that to change bb.

Re: Hospital Stay
I have requested my hb to stay with me coz first bb, I think I will feel panicky and emo so would prefer to have him ard for those few nights. He seems ok though I think maybe if given a choice, he will rather go home. haha. Rach, tell your hb that you wld really prefer him to accompany you for those few days/nights. I am sure he will understand.
happy.gif

Yes, finally its Friday....recently these few weeks seem to pass v.quickly. Good coz I have been missing my wkends lots!

Hi ladies

Anyone experienced pukish feeling at this stage? Not sure whether it's indigestion or what. Have been feeling this way since last evening.

Puked last night and there was this irritating burning feeling in my throat. Feel very stuffy also...

rejoy:hmm i agree with you.. its for the emotional needs cause its our #1 and after delivery, i will need some comfort and his companion..

chiro: yup extra $100 is for companion charge.. oooh, we went baby kingdom and baby hypermart last friday.. i must have missed this out..

will try to tell him again.. but he also very funny.. he say after my delivery, he very busy.. maybe first whole day won't be in hospital with me at all! cause he needs to bring baby's ba zi to fengshui master there for chinese name.. this i can understand.. then he say he needs to go office and declare baby's arrival to get the baby's gift given by office.. this i really cannot understand.. i thought need to submit birth cert first cause my co needs me to submit birth cert.. but its not priority right! get baby gift more important or accompany his new born sia.. but i just keep quiet lah.. if he thinks its important then let him do it..

also, his family will be here to visit then if he's not around then how i entertain them all + learn to breastfeed + rest sia.. i really sian when i think about it..

Hi charliebrown, may i know who is the disciple that you have used for the last confinement? is it mdm zaliah? is she good? i have booked her for my #2 but nv try her service before... so wondering is she good and how is her service like? thanks!

Rach - hahaha your hb v.cute lahs. want to redeem bb's gift given by the office..maybe he thought 1 shot settle everything then when you & bb get home, he can concentrate on taking care of you all.
happy.gif
Dont be sian! Am sure your hb will change his mind and want to stick ard when he see how cute the lil one is.
happy.gif

leyash - I got the My Breatfriend maternity bolster (the super long one)...helps to support my bb bump and leg when I sleep. I got a cheaper nursing pillow (cant rem the brand) at ard $23 or something coz I think if I support bb while breastfeeding for 20-30mins, the arms will ache so better to get a support. My Brestfren nursing pillow abit exp..maybe you can explore other brands.

leyash, u can try bon bon breast feeding pillow... but for mi, i think it is not really useful. i can juz put a normal pillow below the baby to support.

i ve the bon bon breastfeeding pillow, juz bring out to try it once when i ve my no 1 and it is in the package since there. never touch at all.

rach, can understand what u mean...esp first day, he sld be accompany u in the hop. i also prefer to see hubby in the hop but then i dun need him to stay lah.

what other brands of nursing pillow is well raved?

I have colleagues whose wrist swell cos of long term carrying the baby in the same position. And after the steroids injection (either that, or operation) to get rid of the swell + pain, their milk supply dropped by half and nv regained back. So I thought I better take prevention and buy a good pillow to begin with,

Rach
Your hubby is so cute. I wonder what precious gift his company would give. Hehe. For me, it's just a bouquet of flowers with some baby items included such as a bowl/fork & spoon. hehe. Don't give also nevermind, but it's nice to receive flowers lah
happy.gif

leyash, rejoy
I used a normal pillow. I find the breastfriend so bulky & space-consuming. I don't intend to buy it. I think importantly, we get hubby to be our "mirror" to check if the positioning is correct. During the breastfeeding classes, I think it's important for hubby to go also. Their support makes a lot of difference to me.

Anyone going to the mini baby fair at Expo? Thinking of going later after work to buy some maternity clothes. A bit late I know. But I really am running out of clothes to wear. Misplaced my bag of maternity clothes
sad.gif

I got buy My Brest Friend pillow. Yeah I agree it's quite expensive, even after discount. =/ I don't even like the prints lol.

But just want to make breastfeeding easier since it's really not easy in the initial stages.

2Ks, hahaha I think most massage ladies married with many children le, some even grandmother le so never maintain. Like mine, 50+, with 4 children and grandmother le. But I like her skill. Though from agency but she is nice, will explained to me the steps, even don't see me when I strip, those I don't mind as sooner or later, during post-natal, need to massage my breast also. So might as well don't be shy.

Re: Changing table
I think I will change in the cot too. Gonna receive a hand me down play pen so space constrain. Bathing baby also maybe using cot? I think bath room too small.

fool4love, I been having vomiting since I entered week 32. Almost nightly and also after meals but gynae gave me vomiting tablets to take before meals so under controlled. So you can get medicine or eat small meals. =)

pinktulip, I am going to the mini expo too but on sun. Thinking can start buying nursing bra and need to visit mumsfairy as I reserved some tea bags that is told will increase milk supply and very popular in Philippines. So gonna buy and start drinking since it is safe for us to drink at this stage.

Rach, dun b sad...I m taking 2 bedder. Told my hub to go back n rest so that he got energy to b my slave during day time..lol...think of it this way....
I think ur hub might change his mind after u give birth.... He will wan to accompany u n the nb too.....
happy.gif

I got one breast feeding pillow fr the brand called shears...bought during the bb fair at 39.90.half price fr the outside. Not sure useful or not.. But my arms super no strength although they r huge
sad.gif

hehe thank u mummies.. i also hope he will change his mind after seeing baby.. bb so cute, how he will resist not staying with us... wahahahahaha...

now about 32 weeks.. how much should bb weight be ah? last week my gynae checkup bb is about 1.5kg nia.. but my tummy already bursting.. i don't know how much more my tummy will stretch by week 39..

2Ks, fabbie
haha, regarding the fat massage ladies. frankly i feel malay women who don't exercise, will ultimately become fat in their 40s. I sometimes stare in fear at the huge bums some middle-aged malay women spot. I hope I won't be like that. As of now, my bum is also quite fat leh. I hope can reduce its size after I deliver. It's probably the malay dishes, full of coconut, fried etc. Thinking about it also makes me cringe. Hehe. In contrast chinese food is so much healthier, soups, boiled, steamed stuff.

Eva
Oh, I see. the moringa tablets/ tea or something is it? I hope the fair is worth visiting. I just need to get some miscellaneous items before it's too late.

Hi charliebrown, may i know who is the disciple that you have used for the last confinement? is it mdm zaliah? is she good? i have booked her for my #2 but nv try her service before... so wondering is she good and how is her service like? thanks!

pinktulip, yup, moringa tea. I heard tea's effect is better than capsules. and mumsfairy is the license seller in SG so getting and I got a special discount so cheaper too. Heehee

Rach, my baby weight is also about 1.5 KG but that is when I am week 30. When week 32 is 2.2kg. But I heard ultrasound not accurate de.

leyash & Chiro, i also invested in one, my friends told me its useful. So i shall make full use of it. I think i bought during the Baby fair in expo. 60 SGD++.... original price is 80 plus. Mothercare still selling 80 SGD plus. I saw at Taka baby fair its around 60 SGD plus.!

eva : really can drink moringa tea while pregnant? how much is it? i know we can't drink many milk-producing tea till we pop..

chinese also got fat fat 1..like me loh..

I must be a stingy mummy...haha..i not getting any special pillow for breastfeeding.

cheer up Xuan! i also spent some time finding. Initially my hubby and i had some disagreement over IFC coz he keep thinking is my mum don't allow his mum to take care.

When he told his mum we putting at IFC, she very shock. Than got once, they came over when i am not ard and ask my hubby again why put at IFC. Than my hubby tell them, i preggy now, don't say so much first. I know after give birth, they will bring this topic up again. Hopefully my hubby will keep to his stand loh.

So my strategy during ML is i am not going to let my hubby feel that it is a difficult task to take care of bb. In fact, i will let him enjoy and play with bb while i do all the tough work so that he will not bear to leave his son at his parent place and see only once a week.

Nursing pillow:
I did not used the nursing pillow previously(even though my colleague loan me hers) and will not be using it this time round. i prefer to nurse lying down. can rest and not so tiring... somemore if you are nursing at night, can nap also. :p

Changing table
feels that its not necessary to get one as bb outgrown it bery fast. if have bb cot can use bb cot as changing table also.

vicvic, mumsfairy sold for $14 for 20 tea bags and I inquired with them, the person said is safe to consume during pregnancy but some people said most safe is after week 36. If really concern, can ask gynae. =)

Hi long time since I come in. Saw queries regarding my best friend nursing pillow and changing table n wanted to give some feedback based on personal experience. Btw am surfing on my hp so pls pardon my typos.

My bf nursing pillow was a life savior for me when I had my #1. I exclusively breast fed my girl who was a big eater. She had to feed almost every hour plus during the day and this was despite her emptying my breasts. As such I really needed all the help could get w support. If we were napping I would simply roll over to feed. When I wasnt napping the nursing pillow came in super handy. There are many designs n brands out there but none like my bf pillow. Its expensive bulky and looks clumsy but man does it do its job. I became so adept at bf my baby with her propped up 9n the pillow that I could free both my hands to actually have a quick meal. Seriously, those who are not first time moms will know just how precious and rare it is to have 2 hands free for eating. Woah. Life changing I tell ya.

As for changing table ... all u really need is a flat surface with cushion at waist height. My play pen had a tray that I cld swing over n lay on top of the play pen corners so that was good. Else I used a changing mat on top of any flat surface like desk, dining table, cabinet etc.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Anyone buying stuff fr avent? There's the carnival sale till tmr at 620a toa payoh lorong 1..

Btl & teat brush: $8
Bottom balm: $14
Body & hair wash: $17
Nipple cream: $17
Magic cream: $13
Pacifier: $10 for a pack of 2
Milk powder dispenser: $8
125ml pes btl: $14
125ml pes btl (twin pack): $24
260ml pes btl: $16
260ml pes btl (twin pack): $28
330ml pes btl: $19
Toddler cup 260ml: $11
Toddler cup 330ml: $12
Divider plate: $9
Bowl: $9
Mealtime set: $30

They din sell the new btls n teats...
sad.gif

Rejoy/rach: when I have my no.1 my hub didn't stay he only see me give birth le then later stay awhile then ciao home Liao. Then come back with his parents. I wanted him to stay specially my bed beside is empty I told him say I'm scare lo. He also didn't care, but I survived! Of cus i scare can't handle but the nurses there can take care n look out for u. They will put a card 1st time mum. Hehe now no.2 u ask me need hub anot I would say no need ba. Cus he come also no use i felt abit of extra. Hahaha but if my hub say he wana stay this time round I'm will be happy of cus but will reject him le. Anyway I will brin my laptop too! Hehe so I won't be that bored.

Changing table.
I will just change on my bed or baby cot. No need to get a change table for me.

Bathing tub
Will just get a normal tub n put on top on my toilet bowl n bath baby can le that's what I always do. No need to bend down. Just sit on the chair n bath baby lo.
happy.gif

Back