(2013/05) May 2013

blurdopey: cant PM u, here is her number..94249829

fabbie: Ida's sis told me she will advise how many days to take up after assessing my condition (natural/ c sec), or mayb it depends how saggy i am hahah..

Any idea if aircon is allowed during massage? we confirm cannot use fan during confinement..

Xuan - the IFC where I booked my bb for is $1k after the $600 subsidy. Cant find anywhere else so no choice just chop place first. Your MIL cannot look after bb for you after ML? Dont get upset...relax for your lil boy!

Re: Massage lady
okok, I also havent book my massage lady yet. Drag for v.long liaos..haha. I think I will sms Mdm Ida coz dont know who can do for Toa Payoh area. Hopefully the massage is useful.
Fabbie: I dont know how long we shld do the massage lehs...also not keen to have the oily sticky feeling. Can do wipe-down after the massage? Maybe will do 5 days first...if everything ok, can tahan, then extend 1 more week. Must do everyday one is it?

I git my massage lady fr my sil
a lady called lisa
45 per massage include jamu oil n wrap
asking her to come tml to my placel for prenatal massage
will b signing up 10 sessions

sleepyskies, u booked the one inside the Toa Payoh safra?

i tried to ask mdm ida to do the prenatal massage for me but she is always fully booked, then the 2 person she recom, one dun do sat n sun, ask mi to take leave, the other one only do sat only

bbkk - huh the massage lady will take picture of before and after? O_O Will look different ar? I thought the purpose is to slim down the tummy....

Yesterday was arguing with my hb on fan or aircon during confinment. He says aircon worst than fan cos aircon very "Han" . I told him is fan cannot. He says I can't convince him on why aircon can... Any good reason to say?

meiliew, I do have cramp until inner tight also pain and unable to walk.

2ks, I google le that why I suspected esp when ytd so much pain. I even see the photos but then today decided not to see doc yet because pain is gone after a night of rest. And I do read more and some informative sites said it will regenerate. So I own self monitor. But can't help be more caution because that what happened to my colleague. Her whole mucus plug drop out and cause her to go early labor. But I don't want so I talked to baby to be guai guai inside until full term.

Who asked me ytd go brighton and ikea walked for 4 hours. My husband asked me to rest but then wanna quickly finished the shopping. Think I shall not stress baby too much.

I agreed on the delivery charge. We paid for assembly charge too because too many furniture to assemble. Nearly hit $100 just for that.

bewildered, try go brighton for the size. the 2nd website has the exact furniture that I saw at the display center. All the same one. I was tempered to buy when new house come until I saw your website.

Kathy, only with real reason then gynae give bah. I saw him almost every week or every few days because of pain. Think is my work environment. At first, when I inquire on that he always check which company I am from. Seem like my company pregnant ladies mostly get issue with HL. It happened for my 2 colleagues. Because we worked operation. Shiong to the max in manual works.

fan is blowing directly at you even if you circulate it, while the aircon is making the whole room cooling bt not directly blowing air at you ah.

tt y they say woman in confinement cannot go out ma, cause there is natural air blowing.

kee kee

:0

Chiro, the massage is to push up ur womb. But the hot stone is to warm ur v. Let ur v hole smaller according to her lah... I felt very uncomfortable cos still having menses n sitting on a chair pushing ur v outward for burning, some more take my v. But she got deleted it after letting me see.

Rejoy, I said this point, he says no logic... I am getting pissed by his comment. I said everybody also say that.. Then he says I can't convince him.. Angry

Eva: think u ve to rest more... when i ve some on off cramp, the doctor advice me to rest more.

bt huh, the problem wif lying on bed is also i cant find a good position to rest well oso. Butt and side get very achy and painful also if sit down too long or lie down on one side too long....

griny, yea. the compartment very important sia. I spent 2 hours just to look for cupboard with deep and spacious compartment yet doesn't take a lot of space.

Post-natal massage,
I thought fan not allowed? I engaged mine through PEM. She told me fan not allowed. So she off my fan or let it blow away from me.

Oh ya, usually how many days is good? I only take the basic for 5 days. Don't know good or not.

Infant care: yah im working around tanjong pagar area. So now trying to ask which have slots. Maybe will chop first, My MIL last min wanna play stun with me. very angry about her bloody arrangement.

Sleepyskies: she can. but she give me stun. said what every wednesday morning will bring baby to her work place. she does cleaning for a clinic for many years alrdy. and she said it's just one hr. ok that one I accept. but after that she said put bb with neighbor for few hours cos she doing PT for another side. Becos now she doing 3PT cos she don like stay at home, likes to mingle with her friends. Then she still wanna keep in contact w this friends. but I don like the auntie who she intend to pass my son to. Ytd ask my hubby talk to her, my hubby tell me my MIL is like asking why we wanna know and ask. I'm like.. duh! HELLO! it's my son eh!! I have the rights to know what arrangement u making right?! WTF! Then said what it's just every wed ma. Said why I don wanna ask her myself. ask his son ask...indirecting like...it's woman issue. don get man in. FML seriously. left 2more months alrdy den give me this stun. Du lan. I rather put baby in infant care since so troublesome for her...and cut her social life like tt.

Massage - I found mdm Ida too. but she referred me to another lady call Mdm Zaliah bcos mdm ida told me may she only available in jurong area. Heard mdm zaliah not bad also, Mdm Ida said she is from her team also. So, I already booked her, will see how it goes.

Rejoy,
Ya lor. But now my bed is full of pillows and bolsters to support me. And so hot also with all these stuffs. Doc also every time see me said, rest more, walk less. I still got some stuffs never buy yet.

Eva, yes fan not allowed but this Ida insisted to on it.. Says very humid lah how can dun on fan. Blah blah. Then she very good in talking... Then no choice I on it for her. Who knows next day I ballooned.

JC is best to do massage after u book out from hospital. unless u doing c-sect than no need. cuss ya tummy will be pain. but im not sure c sect need how long then can do massage le..

BBK: wah u book le then u forget haha maybe u ask ida? BBK that time u do also 10 days? she told me she didn't do the hot stone liao .. she say she using the salt water liao.. im like omg.. salt water sounds painful hahaha

Jill: no lar. i don't joke with her.. i felt if i joke with her. later she will either climb over my head or what which i don't like.. sometimes my hub joke with her. i laff out very loud only hahhaa

Sleepyskies from what i know the oil u put le. is those hot hot feeling. will burn your fats. so its good. but i think till no more feeling liao u can wipe away ba. hee ya i don't like oily feeling. makes me feel so STICKY thats why ask me go spa or massage i don't like one. LOL

BBK: aircon don't directly blow to u ah.. fan directly blow to u right? thats why zircon should be oak. fan don't think so ba. but wait i tout usually this kind of thing is mummy and daughter will be quarreling all these ya hub so cute.. and irritating just like my hub also.. starts to nag like i cannot go out this n that. HAIYO.. bTH!

sleepyskies..where is your IFC? Town area huh $1k abit exp wor.

xuan : if $$ okie, than put at IFC. Maybe is my personality lah, i rather pay $$ than to depend on people to look after. Unless really no choice but higher chances of bb fall sick n etc..

xuan, you nod the MND building at the maxwell there? There have CC there, maybe u can go n ask. There is also another one at the Tanjong Pagar market there, you can enquiry oso.

rejoy, JC - Yup, my IFC is inside Toa Payoh Safra. Anyone else putting bb there?
happy.gif
Quite shocked that its still 1k after subsidy but no choice lehs...everywhere else must be put on waiting list. Although the safra not near the mrt/centre but still quite near my hse (few bus stops away) and its new & spacious so just registered a place first. haha.

Xuan - Hugs, dont get angry. Maybe closer to delivery date then your MIL think and think, she still prefer some personal time. In that case, yah, better find IFC lahs. Better nw then later you gg back to work liaos then she tell you all these...by that time want to find IFC v.tough and stressful. Similar to JC, I rather spend $$$ to avoid potential conflicts/unhappiness. Coz this is my bb (1st one somemore) so maybe more paranoid abt her well-being etc. I know still best to let own family take care but if you know their lifestyle/pattern dont really suit you, then put in IFC..at least you can openly tell the teachers things you are not comfy with. You can check out some of the CCs rejoy mentioned..hopefully still have slots!
happy.gif

xuan
that is so bad..why she wan to play stun? is her grandson... then save urself the trouble, go ifc....

massage
I got lisa. intro fr my sil. she coming tml to do prenatal for me

Bbkk / fabbie: I took madam ida too.. Gt to book her when I was 4 months preggy.. I did engage her for prenatal massage and apparently I like her strength.. I like to go for those more firm pressure.. I didn't know she will take pic on our v. Bbkk, how do you find her post nantal massage? Tummy slim down a lot??

Xuan: relax.. Probably you can have a good talk to your mil.. I am sure she will understand..
happy.gif
chill.. You can go to mcys webby and key in your location and it will come up with list of infant care near you. Will your mil allow you to send him there?cos more my case, my mil is those kinda of person.. But I am getting my hubby to do the talking..

Sleepyskies: I am also putting my girl there after my ml.. Alr book a slot alr.. Agree with you that the price is abit steep.. But better den no infant care willing take her in.. Cos I called up to all the infant care near my place. All super long waiting list except nurture star.. So just go ahead with it..

IFC: yes. That's what I told my hubby. I said so troublesome and so much conflict. might as well I put infant care. I rather pay $$.

Rejoy: yup thanks! Will check it out. I emailed MyFirstSkool. see what they say...

Vi: that's why lo. cant scarified a bit meh.. after all... all the PT is just nearby can!! she can always bring BB go find them what..Duh.

shirley: I asked my hubby talk to her about the arrangement and guessed what she said to my hubby...Like saying, why I don wanna ask her myself. why ask his precious son go ask her...and indirectly saying its a woman's thing. why get the man involved. seriously, I suddenly like kanna slap on my face. I wake up sia! Cos never tot my MIL like that. she want her social life then can go ahead lo. I can bring my son go IFC de.

xuan: i seriously think in such case, it is better to put ur son go IFC cause i would think u wld ve alot of issues with MIL how she takes care of ur son. n from her response, she is not going to take in ur comment on hw to take care of ur son, she wld just take care the way she thinks is ok.

to avoid conflict oso....to mi lah, if u wan to take care, then take care of it properly, dun like still wan this n then wan that.... (sorry to say that)

Sleepyskies / Shirley: i went there to take a look when m looking for CC for my no 1 for playgroup. It is very nice environment. bt i juz find it steep for mi and in terms of transportation, not tt convenient.

aiyo don't know is it preggy make me stupid. I can't believe i spent the whole day drafting an email.

haiz..how to balance? Want to tell my contract girl to take note of an error she did but i cannot sound so nasty. her bo chup attitude, i think she won't even bother loh...

rejoy: No worries cos I feel the same way too. Like if u wanna take care of him which in the first place she said okay... then now only when I asked again then she like that say. I also told my hubby I don wan later conflict. might as well put in IFC. haiya, tell u la. put in IFC she also got things to say for sure one.

Xuan: chill.. Or you and your hubby both sit down and talk? If can't come out with a good plan, best and last resort will be infant care.. Gt professional care givers to attend to your son.. So don't worry..
happy.gif
you don't "kek" so much.. Not good for baby also.. Anything just vent your anger here..we are here for you..
happy.gif

Rejoy: yup.. We went to see the layout of the place..not bad but just the price abit more ex as compared to other infant care..

xuan : you staying with yr in law? If not, you can tell your hubby - put at IFC, can see baby everyday and you are closer to the baby. Anything, you can access to him easier.

Put at in law place, will become weekend parents. Everyday go back to in law house also very tired. Sure stay for dinner and etc, by the time go home what time liao.

Also, parents old already, they want to have their own life. If take care of baby, they want to go out also difficult.

I also agree putting in IFC would be the best option to avoid conflicts. Parents/In-laws can help take care on a part-time basis when you need some couple-time, run errands or just need a break.

Shirley - ooh such a coincidence!! Our lil girls can be playmates. hehe. Guess I will also bump into you frequently then.
happy.gif

rejoy - I agree the TPY safra is not v.convenient. We dont have a car so if its raining...hahaha, hor seh liaos. I will carry bb in carrier and hold umbrella and my bag plus bb bag. omg.

Xuan - I agree with rejoy..better put at IFC. But when you have found one and really decided to put bb there, find a nice way to break it to your MIL. Coz suddenly you say want to put bb at IFC after this incident, your MIL might not feel good..and its best to maintain the r/s. I think most old folks will have some reaction when you say want to put bb at IFC..haha just smile and 'you as the grandparents can just relax and play with the bb, dont need to take care and worry too much'. Thats what I tell my FIL and afer awhile, he also nv say much...maybe he also tired from looking after the 1st 2 grandchildren.

jcyp, thks for the contact.

bbkk,
maybe can tell hubby, in hospital also aircon wat. how come hospital dun on fan instead they on aircon.

Shirley, her strength I think ok. I only use her for 2 sessions only and I stop Liao. Cos I water retention after she requested fan.

Sleepyskies: yes. When are you enrolling her? First Sep?

Bbkk: huh.. She will request for fan? What abt air con? Its better den fan right? If its not so good for birth. I don't think I will givin to her le.. How long your water retention takes to subside??

Shirley, she nv request for aircon. She Malay she dun believe in fan or aircon will get water retention. Then she very smart to out talk ppl, so if u dun give in u must die die insist dun give in. Cos she massage she used a lot of strength so she will sweat somoremore she very very very big size so she can't stand the heatness, so she will ask for fan, I think she dun dare to request for aircon.

Bewildered, Eva, after the menses cramping pain, I went to see my gynae. Gynae said the pain cause the uterus sensitive and will have risk of preterm labor. Have to rest more and take Utrogestan. Sigh...
Now have to talk to baby ask him guai guai and stay until full term, let him know he is May baby, have to wait until May then only can come out.

Shirley - I put the enrollment mth as Sept...coz my edd is 23 May so I think mid Sept my ML will be over le. The IFC lady was telling me better put bb in early-mid of the mth...cant rem why. Will probably put bb in early Sept...give her some time to adjust to new environment and also myself some time to prepare to get back to work.

Just curious, we can on air con right? Is fan better or air con? I don't think I can survive if can't on both..

Bbkk:lets count down together..
happy.gif
just one month plus to go... Btw, how heavy isyyour girl? My seems smaller but doc say she is at a perfect weight..

Sleepyskies: ic.. I think the person also tell me the same.. Haha.. But my edd is May 8. One thing is my hubby wants me to be a sahm.. So we are thinking of trying out during my ml as trial period.. But I alr put deposit at nurture star.. So say if I draw out, the registration fee will be forfitted.. Don't want to trouble anyone with my baby.. Let the oldies enjoy life..

Shirley - Its good that your hb is supportive of you being a sahm. Believe thats something all mommies appreciate.
happy.gif
My hb wants me to stay home and look after kids too but I think with just 1 kid abit not worth it...haha so will wait till at least #2 is out (and after ML) then seriously consider being a sahm. By then hopefully hb's income also increase and finances are more stable. I see my payslip I feel sad that I have to give up the income (not that our own kids are not worth it but it really means sacrificing on alot of things).
Yup, gotta forfeit the $160 registration fee. So exp hor...But if I can find another IFC nearer to home/work place then I may consider withdrawing from Nurture Stars.

Xusn; cheer up, don't be upset, need to spread happy energy to baby
happy.gif
yah I think in this case better to put at ifc. Later sure more argument. I am worried too cos my in law will be helping to take care.i try not to think of it.

meiliew, oh dear... I got tell my gynae before lei. But he said because uterus getting bigger so will have pain. Never give me any medication. But today I rest a lot then not so much of cramp like feeling. Maybe 3-4 times since morning till now. Especially if I sit up then will have.

Shirley, I heard air con is better as the wind don't blow at us directly.

I also counting down. I need to remind baby that he is suppose to be a 4th may baby. heehee

xuan: if im u.. will just put in infant care or maybe find a nanny?.. i dont really like the ideas of my mum or mil to bring their grandchild out. cus they are old le mah. anything could happen. bring go ntuc n buy thing still ok. bring to work suan le ba..

Morn! =)

Think will be able to cfm my cupboard this wk!! =) Then once the cupboard is here, can start packing again.. haha, coz try as I might, there's still bb clothes all over the place coz cant squeeze inside the toyogo drawers ler.. -_-

meiliew: Ya hafta take Utrogestan till delivery or? Recently I've been experiencing tightening of tummy.. but tis like when am stressed then will come on.. so trying to keep cool.. no need to be too worked up.. =p

Shirley: I used aircon during #1 confinement.. then engaged Ida for the prenatal massage but I din engage her for the post natal coz am not too comfy with her.. agree with bbkk that she knows how to outtalk pple de.. during the massage, she said she saw bb move etc, but I dun feel anythg etc lohz.. coz when I engaged her then, I was quite big alr, so cfm can feel movements de.. then she insisted saw bb move.. -_- then I din really know which body parts will be massaged etc, suddenly, she just lifted up my bra and then started massaging the boobs, am v v uncomfy at the boobs area, so dun feel good aft tt, coz like am not pre-empted what she'll do next and she did not ask..

Morning ladies

Wow! It's a long thread of emails after not logging in yesterday...

IFC: am anticipating some potential conflict with my MIL should she be taking care of my baby. Am staying with them and really dont know what to do after the CL is gone. Now can only pray that my CL and MIL will get along. Heard a lot of stories of conflicts. A colleague told me to tell my MIL to 'follow' the CL style until she leaves... then she can do her style...

Changing desk: is a changing desk necessary? I have a hand-me-down but due to space constraints, hubbs is asking whether it's necessary. I told him that it's a convenient thing to have as in we dont have to bend over (versus on a bed) to change the baby... And since it's FREE, then okay lo. What do you ladies think?

no changing desk for me. either the CL do at the cot / sofa / mattress / dining table. I am fine lah. Even the top cover of the toyogo drawer i also okie if baby size can fit..haha

Back