(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Hi Hopeful, thanks. I've tried the yellow flu tablet but it causes me to be quite drowsy even after 4 hrs, made it very hard for me to take care if baby. I've just taken the normal Zyrtec seems to work for my running nose. Pharmacist also advised that normal panadols is ok for bf mummies too but more for blocked nose.

Joanne, glad to hear that your babies are feeling good. I've pm you.

I do know some aggressive pte pd prescribe zrytec for bb under 12 mths but cut the dosage drastically. But belke's pd said no. Only prition is safe - which is the yellow tablet.

U bf n take zrytec, that means ur bb also taking in Zyrtec which is not advisable at all.

Hi Joanne, abt 10 ml of ling yang

Hi Tromso, normal round Panadol is ok. But not the flu Panadol.. Ehh.. So far I only know the yellow tablet is safe cux I ask my gp a few times. She says only this is safe for bf

Hi help!! My bb haven't poo for like 2 days ( yest ONI poo abit bit)... What should I do to make her poo, should bring her see doc? She dnt feel uncomfy at the moment...

hi faithfully,

dun worry, my gal highest record is didn't poo 6 days. Brought her to pd and pd says normal only if more than 1 week then needs to c dr

faithfully, a PD has ever told me so long as the next time baby poos it's still normal stool (i.e. not hard), it's fine. I suppose can monitor for one week like Chris says.

Hi Chris
I remember u ever mention tt is gd to give breastmilk prior injection or after injection so tt can prevent bb get fever? Thk u..

Hi Tromso
U mention tt we can go collect the yaobao fr yu guo after finish the existing one huh? But medicine no change still can use huh as i thot prescription may hv to change after some time depend on bb condition? When u go collect, can no need bring bb along ? Thk u for ur advise..

Hi I am worry abt my bb coughing. It like she coughs in between with some catching up breathing kind. Today I found that she cough a few times which she dnt cough. Should I bring her to doc?

Hi faithfully, my son started coughing last week. For him, it's occasional coughing. We ask the gp during the jab, he said tht they dun usually prescribe cough med to bb unless it's really a flu.

faithfully,
if there's shortness of breath accompanied with the cough, better to go see doc cos it may be a sign of wheezing which can be caused by lung infection. phelgm has gotten into the lungs and she can't cough it out and usually this kind of cough don't sound phelgmy.

Wheezing is not a gd sign. Ie bb breathes v hard. Can see fr the stronger chest (without clothes) movements. Pls bring bb go see dr immediately. If bb is under 3 months old n is confirmed wheezing is better to ward her for observation. Coz there is usu no medication for such young bb other than ventolin

When belle was barely 2 months old, she has flu n cough. Pte pd gave her medication which KKH pd said not safe. I googled n noted that all the flu med including cough syrup r for older bbs like 6 months n above. I warded belle coz she had wheezing n she was given ventolin administered over an oxygen mask n the mucus in her nose was suck out manually. She recovered fully without any cough syrup or running nose med. ventolin expands the airways so tt bb can breathe properly n clear the blockness. Once that is cleared, cough stopped.

Hi hazel, she nt breathing hard but when she sleep I can hear sound and I kw it nt blk nose. When I use my hand to put on her chest I can hear the sound is fr the chest. It like got phlegm inside. Adult also hv such when they hv cough. My bb just start to hv cough yest. After her vaccination her poo turn sticky yellow & I rem pd told me they will hv soft poo after the jab. And for a 2 mth+ bb is it common to hv saliva on her mouth like drooling and her mouth hv like little saliva bubble. She dnt hv fever or running nose no blk nose too.

It the cough that concern me other then that she is normal. Cos I google to and it say it not common for bb to hv cough below 6 mth.

Doc give her salbutamol for her cough. Doc say she had slight cough hv to monitor her if she didn't get well in 3-5 days hv to bring her back...

Faithfully, hope little Vera gets better soon. Heather sleeps with a soft snoring sound, I've dismissed it for now, hope nothing serious. Then when I hear weird noise fr breathing, I'll spray salt water fr PD assuming its normal blocked nose, usually clears within 15 mins. Maybe I should ask PD to check next time I'm there.

Hazel, Hopeful, the pharmacist advised normal Zyrtec is ok, not the stronger Zyrtec. Dr Loh lagi worse, says any cold medicine is ok...hmm...luckily I only took 1. I'll confirm with PD nxt time. Thanks for your heads up.

Joanne, for the tummy wrap herbs packs, I requested for more during consultation. I was given those standard rid wind, improves digestion herbs pack, so I can use when she has wind again. So far after last Sat's visit, her tummy is no longer hard and rounded, so I've stopped wrapping. Miraculously she can stretch her feed to every 3 hrs daytime now, such a relief, I can rest more too. Feeling quite energized past few days
happy.gif
How are your little darlings?

The PD give Zyrtec and I check it nt for new born.. It more suitable for bb above 6 mth and above. And she sneezing on off wa should I do?

Tromo, the yellow small prition tablet is fine. V safe. But u said too drowsy for u. I got nothing to say if so.

Faithfully, no need to do anything unless she has breathing problems, fever or look unwell. If so, bring KKH a&e, it usu ward young bb under 6 mths if need be to monitor. Young bbs r supposed to carry immunity fr mummy

Like war I shared, when belle was warded for monitoring at 2 month old, she was not given any cough or nose oral medication. Just ventolin to breathe in to widen her airways. When the nose was blocked, the nurse sucked mucus out using a device. if at home, use ur own mouth to suck! thats wat my friend with dr hubby teachea me. brw, She recovered herself during that 2 days stay.

Faithfully, ur bb is coming to 3 mths old right? Apply baby balsam on her chest n back. Can buy fr any pharmacy. If bb is still active n drinking her milk she will be fine. But do monitor her. If she breathes v hard and wheezing pls bring her to a&e. is v obvious to see when u unbutton her top. She can see the strong chest movements up n down when she breathes.

Nose blocked,, suck out the mucus for her. But be careful dun get the virus fr her. Young bbs still hv the immunity fr Mummy. So, they should recover on their own within a week.

Belle is 8 months old. I asked her KKH pd to give me some safe genetic medicine for flu to standby as I m bringing her for holidays in nov. she only gave me the liquid version of prition (aka yellow tablet) for running/blocked nose. I asked for cough syrup she said nothing suitable for bb under 1 yr old. She told me cure the running / block nose the cough will go away...

My bb got phlegm now... Wa should I do? I hv been feeling worry abt her cough. She still can eat and sleep. No breathing hard, when she sneeze she sneeze out the mucus frm her nose. But when she cough she can't cough out her phlegm... Help! PD give med for her cough but it doesn't seem to help her cough contain phlegm nw.

Heartbeats, I am also thinking about you too. *Blush* We are getting close to the finishing line.. Wondering how you are doing? Same as Bbjourney, I am also busy preparing for baby's arrival.

I just finished washing my last batch of baby's clothing. Next will be to sun baby mattress, clean the cot and another round of spring cleaning.

Wan to ask how to bring ebm out if going out with baby as Im still no good at latching. My idea is to pack one bottle of milk in a coolerbag with icepacks; n bring a flask of hot water n the cup for warming the milk. Correct? Is there a better way?

Tanny, that's what I've been doing
happy.gif
I would bring the freshly expressed bm out, as technically can last 6 hours at room temperature. I pack with ice pack to maintain better freshness like you mentioned. Instead of a cup, I bring a small thermal container (eg food jar) so can warm up milk faster and re-use if bm doesn't all get taken at 1 go. Yes, also another thermal flask of pipping hot water too.

Not sure if hv better methods....

Hi Luv
happy.gif
Indeed, I think many mummies hands are full with their little darlings but still do read the forum and fb keeping up with others' progress. Forum been quite quiet lately...

Not sure if anyone's going for the Baby expo fair starting tomorrow...

If any, possible to help me keep a lookout for Drypers promotion?

FYI, Drypers is quite small, for e.g. the S size is equivalent to NB Pampers but Dryers is quite thick, can absorb more outputs
happy.gif
I also find that the Drypers rubber band around the legs is tighter, can see slight redness on Heather's upper thigh, unlike Pampers.

Back