(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

mikela

Hello!
Thought of starting a new thread for those who 'graduated' from the ivf/icsi support group to exchange tips and share information so that we, especially new mtbs, can learn! And so that we don't keep 'spaming' the other thread :D

Congratulations to all! Here's to a smooth 9 months!

Agree that we shldnt 'spam' the other thread too much.

Thank you for setting up this thread n to all bfp sisters out there, we can contd to exchange our pointers n support here !

Hope to see more sisters here
happy.gif

I'm here! Great idea kimmy. I'm sure over the next few days we're gonna hv more mtbs join us! :D
Btw how do I access pm? Don't seem to hv rec your pm kimmy.

Slow but I just realized from bbliss post that next yr is dragon yr. I'm not into zodiac signs but there will b a bumper crop of bbs ya?

Thanks kimmy for creating this thread, hope to b able to officially join in after my BT nxt wed :)

Hello!! Welcome moms-to-be!

Ariel, I PM you already..you will automatically receive it in your inbox/email that you registered this account with :D Let me know if you got it?

No problem, I'm more than happy to create a separate thread so we don't give the other ivf sisters 'too much pressure' the other side. Hehehe. Yes, let's exchange pointers, symptoms, supports all here!!! hehehehehe

Tzac, am sure you can officially join in! For now, unofficially join us lah..since hpt already shows ++++
happy.gif

Hi!
Tzac, I'm sure u BFP le
happy.gif

I actually think I not very offical till I see HB. Keeping fingers cross cross!!!

Hi kimmy n peko, thx for ur faith. Received the cheap hpt so juz do a test. Saw a very very faint positive. Haha so now me worry will this line slowly fade away when i test tomolo. Going to use tis cheap hpt to test till BT, nearer BT, then yse watson n guadian brand, u all think i crazy?

These 2 days hv been v tired n bum sore w daily jab, any idea can ask for early BT? Then no need to hv daily jab heehee

Hi sisters, I tink we mayb having diff worries at diff mmt of time.

During ivf process, wori abt eggs n lining growth, quality of embryo, nerve wrecking bhcg bt. Aft BFP, we wori abt scan as to whether can see sac anot, can see fetal n hb not, bbs growing not. Apparently we are hinge onto these worries till e day the bbs are born. Agree ?

Tzac, u not crazy! I did the same!! I started since 8 DPT until I finish the cheap test kit. I see faint positive on 10DPT

Bbliss, agree somehow but the most Jialat period is still 2ww after ET and 2ww from BFP till u see HB...After that u will be more relax.

Ya peko, may feel relax abit but we will oni get e phew.....arr......feeling when we see e precious ones in our arms.
kao_happy.gif

Ariel, normally e peak birth rate is in e yr of dragon. All 2012 mummies will be fighting for school vacancies for the 'long bao bao' n not forgetting competition from those bunnies bbs born in 2012 but be4 cny. Haha...

Heehee.... Tink we will soon need to recce which r e schools we want to be parent volunteers to. Typical KS Singaporean parents :D

Peko- haha n do u hv the fear tat u will not c the line? Cheap internet hpt very faint line hor as yesterday use guadian brand, line darker so tats y worry line disappear one day. Ur dpt10 is counting ET as day1 or ER as day 0. Like wat bbliss said, there will b something to worry at differwnt stages.

Oh yeah like ariel, i din knw nxt yr is dragon yr so it is competitive especially when its enrolment time.

Anything we need to take note of once preggie?

Tzac, once there is line. I won't worry no line. I usually worry line did not get darker. It happened during my fresh cycle. I tested faint line on 8dp3dt. I tested everyday and it just stay there. True enough on BT day beta only 20 and repeated test dropped to 2 and was asked to stop all support. Dr said is early mc. That's why this time when the line stay the same I was worried.

ET day as day 0

Thanks peko for the explanation, will take note whether line gets darker or not then. If ET is day 0 today is day 10 for me then. Its a different worry for me now, when is ur BT?

Tzaz,

my beta
1 Aug 14DPT is 114
4 Aug 17DPT is 229

I feel is a abit low even tho is rising. I read the beta board and many got a smooth 9 mths. some even twins. so realy no. is not important. There are cases end up in mc too. so I'm keeping my finger crossed.

I've been experiencing a lot of pulling going on down there. maybe be good sign or bad sign. I also dont know. right now nothing can be done except to wait. so is a waiting game lor. I will buried myself with work so that day pass faster. you dont read too much into signs and symptoms after you tested. coz fail or pass sign are rather the same. usually after I tested, I will forget about it once at work. dont stress yourself too much.

Good Morning!! *waves*

tzac - actually some sisters told me once you test positive hpt, you can tell the nurse and request for early BT already and then ask how early support! Although the nurse may ask you come back on BT day just to test your levels again...its their protocol :D

Grace - definitely I'm sure we will see you soon okay!!!? Waiting for you! Feel free to pop in as & when so that we can cheer you on also!

Peko - I have same concerns as you! haha. Got pulling Im like thinking..hmm maybe good. No pulling I worry. Alamak. Also everyday wait and wait. hehehe. I think we don't read too much into symptoms since they say every pregnancy is diff at the rate embryo grows and all :D Btw, your #1 was conceive naturally? Who was yr gynae?
happy.gif

hi peko, thanks. me keep telling myself dun b too happy though hpt shows BFP. today nurse told me my daily progesterone jab will give false positives, u have any idea whether it is true? me heard n heart immediately sank. tried google but look like progesterone dun give a positive hpt leh....sigh.....a terrible long wait till BT day which is another 6 days.....

morning kimmy, so happy its friday as i went back to work after one wk of rest.

well, i did told the nurse i tested positive and that tis the reply i got on my post to Peko....really made my heart sank...sob sob....

u have any idea progesterone will cause false positive? i know those in the ivf support group forum told me no and i tried google and it seem to say no to but somehow what the nurse told me affected me lor.....

u r with kk? so u stick to dr loh?

hi tzac,
no lah only jabs with hcg inside will give you false positive. Progesterone, no. Really! keep your spirits up okay?! Don't let you bb inside feel your negativity.
Yes I'm with kkh. But also seeing private same time cuz kiasu! haha u know, its so precious you just wanna make sure.... :D but I'll see dr loh till after week 6 I think. I know he super long queue and no time to answer all questions so thats why i went private

Hi Tzac >> Good to see this link up, coz i did not feel that i belong to the normal forum for Year 2012 Jan MTB, coz cant really share.

Hi Kimmy >> any news from Bingo? Dont forget my stretch mark cream price too :D

Hello bbnn,

not yet. haah I'm still waiting for her update too, just whatsapp her. Mwahahahahah. All very excited for her!

Yup, will let you know on stretch mark cream price. Apparently my gynae said cocoa butter doesn't work cuz u need vit e inside the product which is what his product has :D

Hi Kimmy >> as long as 100% no stretch marks, hehehe, worth it lor. I wonder can remove old stretch marks too :p (Asking for too much)

Bbnn, wahahha no probs, I will ask him for you. heeheehee
If you want, bio oil also works, 100% no stretch marks but thing is when you wear nicer clothes, you dont want the oil to like stick to your body and clothes...

Oops.... Sori for e double post. Coz got error msg so tot din go thru.... Paisay ah.

Kimmy, so we will ONI noe on 16th ya?

Bbliss, no probs! Yep, 16th confirm know! So that's why 16th we must update hor!!! 1 or 2! hehehe

kimmy, i really hope its not false as I am getting all excited now :) 2 days + n will test again later today..hopefully the lines will get darker.

if i really strike, i m thinking of going back to my gynae in kkh too as like you, think dr loh q is super long but dunno whether is it a good idea or not. haha...u see me so kan cheong and already started planning when my BT is not even done.

till now then know preggy via ivf has so many things at different stages for us to worry.....

So excited n looking forward....haha.... So u b e 1st to update ya cox ur appt is morning rite
happy.gif

Will u be following Dr Lou throughout ur whole pregrancy?

Hi Bbliss >> Week 5 also can tell by the number of sacs but like what Kimmy said, best week 6 can see single or twins and also see heartbeat at the same time :D

hi bbnn

yeah, can understand wat you mean as things we share may be slightly from them :) u r due in Jan12? so u know u are having singleton or twins?

Hi tzac >> Mine is a singleton, i am into week 16 Day 1 now, EDD 19 Jan 2012. As for the Dr, i am still pondering if i should hang on with my IVF DR or should i switch back to Dr. John Tee my previous Dr from KKH. When is ur EDD?

I just ate lunch, wah so full and so sleepy now, maybe should get a meeting room and hide there for 2 hours
kao_happy.gif

haha bbnn.....me har....nothing confirmed yet as my BT is next wed....juz come in here to chat chat as used hpt n tested positve...heehee

bbnn >> haha yah preggy woman very easily sleepy one. hahaha hide there then what if someone open door hor? you are 4 hours from knocking off and enjoying the weekend! Still no news from bingo yet...

tzac >> yah you will see the line darken when u test 2 days later again. But rem to wait for at least 5 - 10 min to see if darken okay? nvm its good to make plans ahead! This makes you happy right? Happy mommy = happy baby!

Bbliss >> haha yah most likely I will whip out iphone and immediately update liao! wahhahaahahahhaha. Then again appt is 11.30 so likely need to wait till 1.30 since its clinic D and we all know how long the waiting time is. Havent consider whether to follow dr Loh thrughout. I mean...ideally yes since we started w him, but if I can't get to him see as and when I wanna (i.e.: need to go 24 hr for outside office hours whereas pte gynae they got personal hotline which leads to them directly) then I also dunno leh.... will see how after week 6. Please please please lemme see bb hb!!

HI Tzac >> but i saw u tested positive at home, if u can come here to chat, i think your luck belongs here with us BFP MTBs. Next Wed fast lor, waiting for your good news :D

Hi kimmy >> Less than 4 hours now, i can have a meeting by myself on the 6th floor and dont on the lights, than no one will look in. hehehe. I am still sleepy, walked ard a little, but not working.

Bingo should be getting the results soon, dont tell me she also go and watch movie. :p

bbnn, yeah but want BT to confirm....not fast leh....find it super slow hahaha...sure will announce the gd news :)

kimmy, yup definitely make me happy but scared if not true, then it will be kong huan xin yi chang. Now wondering whether shd ask whether can test earlier or not hahaha

ahhh bb_nn, go for the nap! I support you! wahhahaahha. No mood to work right? At least next tue is public holiday!

Bingo is at home with her DH waiting for the call. Woohooo!!! Yah should be anytime from 2pm... the suspense is killing me, im so excited, i'm bursting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Kimmy >> Yeah yeah i wanna sleep, i wait for the team to go in for their meetings than i will also "GO for my MEETING" but i wait for Bingo first, sleep can wait, she is more impt now.

Wah all have DH to wait with, i was alone at home waiting for my results lucky have you sisters, else, i dont know what would have happened to me, the BT 2ww is not as long as the time from the BT to the results out, wah that is like 50 hours although only about half day.

Can Bingo call them instead? :p

bbnn, hmmm let me count, if ET is day 0, then i test on D14. I count correct hor as my ET is on 25jul and i test on 3 and 4 aug

Back