Joys of motherhood

Hello mummies, thought of starting this thread for us to spread some positivity and support to each other. :D

Today I hugged my second child, 12 month old son and then held his hands so that he can walk with support, I thought to myself, how lucky I am to have a second child... all the milestones he is going through now, I appreciate them all. I embraced his smiles and cries and the poor sleep... thinking to myself, it's all part of his growing up. He cannot talk and he cannot express himself, so crying is the fastest way he communicate. His mind is active as his brain cells are rapidly forming new connections, that's why he doesn't sleep well at night. All the mess from mealtimes, it's because he cannot sit still for long in a high chair and he does not understand why he needs to eat things that are not tasty but healthy. He is trying to make sense of this world which he is in. He understands that I'm his mummy and he can call me whenever he needs me. He doesn't understand why I need to leave him every morning when I go to work but he makes sure he gets enough cuddles and cling to me when I'm home all the time.

When I was a first time mother to my first son, I was stressed about everything. From his cries to poor sleep to poor eating habits... from his clingyness to me... But one day, things do get better. He is almost 4 years old, sleeps through the night and eats relatively well. If he wakes up at night, he can requests for cuddles to go back to sleep from either daddy or me. If he doesn't want to self feed the entire meal, I feed him the rest. He no longer wants long cuddles from me. Just a hug and it's enough. He wants me to do activities with him and there are so many ways we can interact at his age. We go exercising together, we read together, we bake and cook together.

Being a mother is tough in many ways. To be truly happy, we need to remember why we want to be mummies in the first place. Although I'm still facing daily struggles in many ways, I'm really grateful that my children come into my life and how I'm learning and changing for the better because of them. Jia you mummies!

Thanks for sharing...
I'm a mummy of 2 too, i can relate to ur post.
My boy also 1 years old already, and keep wan me to carry.. Sometimes I feel so tiring.. But inside my heart is filled with happiness and joy...

Hello mummies, thought of starting this thread for us to spread some positivity and support to each other. :D

Today I hugged my second child, 12 month old son and then held his hands so that he can walk with support, I thought to myself, how lucky I am to have a second child... all the milestones he is going through now, I appreciate them all. I embraced his smiles and cries and the poor sleep... thinking to myself, it's all part of his growing up. He cannot talk and he cannot express himself, so crying is the fastest way he communicate. His mind is active as his brain cells are rapidly forming new connections, that's why he doesn't sleep well at night. All the mess from mealtimes, it's because he cannot sit still for long in a high chair and he does not understand why he needs to eat things that are not tasty but healthy. He is trying to make sense of this world which he is in. He understands that I'm his mummy and he can call me whenever he needs me. He doesn't understand why I need to leave him every morning when I go to work but he makes sure he gets enough cuddles and cling to me when I'm home all the time.

When I was a first time mother to my first son, I was stressed about everything. From his cries to poor sleep to poor eating habits... from his clingyness to me... But one day, things do get better. He is almost 4 years old, sleeps through the night and eats relatively well. If he wakes up at night, he can requests for cuddles to go back to sleep from either daddy or me. If he doesn't want to self feed the entire meal, I feed him the rest. He no longer wants long cuddles from me. Just a hug and it's enough. He wants me to do activities with him and there are so many ways we can interact at his age. We go exercising together, we read together, we bake and cook together.

Being a mother is tough in many ways. To be truly happy, we need to remember why we want to be mummies in the first place. Although I'm still facing daily struggles in many ways, I'm really grateful that my children come into my life and how I'm learning and changing for the better because of them. Jia you mummies!

aww thank you for sharing the sweet joys of motherhood. Im a mother of a 17 month old and although I struggled initially with the infant stages, im beginning to embrace the changes and accept my new role. I love the bonding between us :)

Back