(2012/12) Dec 2012

All here are hardworking mama. I try to apply twice a day. Morning always not enff time. So difficult to wake up early especially when u r pregnant.

I'm the laziest. Haha, my tummy is almost non-existent at this point, so I randomly apply regular moisturiser after shower (as and when I remember, hehe).

sun_tan, I recall you mentioned that you did not use any epidural during delivery. How did you cope with the pain and how long was your delivery process?

mama ling, my contractions started at 8am on sat morning at 8 mins apart. I waited till it became 5 mins apart then check into hospital. That was ard 1am on sunday morning, then gave birth ard 6am+ on sunday morning. I tried to sit up as much as i can during the day as they say by sitting up, it will help with the dilation process. I used the gas mask. stinky lol and didnt really help much. Only can distract me abit when i feel high. At first i didnt breathe in correctly until they nurse came to correct me.

Can i know how much is the Clarin Oil?

By the way, my previous pregnancy with the twins I don't really envy western food only like rice.. Now with current pregnancy, I like to eat fastfood like pizza, burger. And rice only sometimes.. But I love fish..

H4H,
I'm thinking applying it at nite. Must buy a stretchcream ASAP. My stomach start to feel itch. The worst is I drink very little water. Think my skin going to dry up soon.

Fel_2112
better hurry hurry
happy.gif
haaa me super KS.. around 12 week i already start applying

mama ling, i didnt follow any techiniques even though i am taught at the anental class. by that time alr forgot how to breathe in pattern! lol..

My bra size went up by one cup size and width length... Bigger than first time pregnancy.. !
So far I gained 3 kg so far @ 18th weeks.. I told my hubby I think 2kg went up there!

TLow,
yup - following exactly what the instruction says.
but always feel brrrr cos i take shower at night :p

snowing,
put around breast - lead all the way back to underarm. some pple get it on arm/thighs also...
so juz be safe - i apply allover :p

Catherine,
^5 - I'm coming 15W and still -ve weight gain.
gynae says should start to put on weight soon... he din say it's a prob though
so dun be too worried
happy.gif

mention of anental class
have any one sign up already?????

when should i start?

Hi TLow,
thanks for sharing ok will get hubby to buy from DFS when he travel
i love lemongrass

Hi Caroline05
i am 18 weeks and i only gain less than 1kg...

TLow,
breastpad - i used disposable, cos using washable ones means you need to buy many sets to change.
didn't really calc. in terms of how much more X is disposable, since i only use it when i go out.
during ML, half the time at home so u can just change your bra it's wet
happy.gif

h4h,
dun feel a need for antenatal classes...
i'd spend $$ on CL cos she'll teach me at the comfort of my home before she leaves after 28 days
happy.gif

^5 p1nk1e, TLow

Caroline05, you're not alone. I've yet to recover all the 9kg I lost. Now only managed to gain back about 3 - 4kg (which I think goes to the baby and the boobs), but my tummy is pretty much still flat for someone at 17weeks.

My husband asked if I want to take pictures of my tummy, and I'm like "It's not even showing, take for what?"

Thanks mummies for your replies! I haven been eating well and was sick for past one month.. Already on unpaid leave... This week appetitie started to get better... Hopely things will get better...
happy.gif
)

My itch only at breast area... I scratch until got marks.. Hehe still lazy to apply the oil..

Caroline, oh dear, what happened to you? You slowly build up your appetite and take more nutritious food to make up for the lost weight.

TLow, i used pigeon. had tried tollyjoy but din really like it coz feel that the quality and absorption not as good as pigeon. i used 24/7.

Please do update here if there is spree or cheap deals on breastpads. Thanks in advance
happy.gif

Mama_Ling,

Initially was heartburn through the night.. Couldnt sleep.. Then down with fever and flu.. Persistent headaches in both day and night..

See company doc until he say cannot be help.. Can only prescribe medication for the symptoms..

Now company facing change of management... My colleagues are complaining too.. Feel stressed to even return work..

I think there are quite a number of mummies facing difficult pregnancies here. Jia you! Hopefully the pregnancy stabilises and things get better for all of you soon!

hi mummies, need advise on my gynae. currently i stick with Dr John Tee from KK Hospital, my pregnancy is 16 weeks, however until now, my gynae only give me prenaforte. is it enough only taking that multivitamin cos i can't drink any milk, always vomitting...somemore yesterday is my second visit with him, and only 5 minutes consultation...he never tell me anything...anyone have any idea whether i'm too worried or the doctor is not a good doctor...

need advise...

Taurisia, it really depends on whether you like your gynae's style. Some gynaes are like that. My gynae is a man of few words, and consultations with him are always very brief, sometimes even less than 3 mins (I can understand why because he has many patients). His style is that if everything is ok, he will say baby ok, don't worry. But he will definitely raise concerns if something is wrong. And if I have any questions, I will ask him and he will answer them. For the first trimester, he prescribed folic acid and multivits. And second trimester onwards, it will be multivits and fish oil.

Does your gynae address your concerns when you bring it up to him? Did you ask him whether you need any other supplements? The multivits would contain calcium, that could be the reason why he didn't prescribe other supplements.

If at the end of the day you don't feel comfortable with his style, it might be better to switch to another gynae instead of worrying all the time. We mummies tend to worry a lot!

Hi Mama Ling, on your first screnning, you doing the blood test, right? did ur gynae explained to you about the result or just say everything is ok??? Firstly, I asked the nurse whether I need fish oil (DHA) when I collect my multivitamin? and the nurse asked me, how many weeks my pregnancy, after I said 16 weeks, she said the doctor should give you fish oil. After that she asked the doctor and doctor give me fish oil. For the calcium, I forgot to asked. The dosage of calcium inside my multivitamin is not enough based on my friend (cos she is a doctor in my home town country). And she asked me to take some calcium more since I didn't drink milk... I'm tired looking for good doctor, since I'm foreigner in Singapore... As first mom, I really don't know what to asked and what to do... I only can google about pregnancy since I'm not getting many information from my gynae...

Taurisia, not to forget iron tablets too. Those are impt as well. Which part of singapore are you staying at? Let us know then maybe mommies from those area can advise on their gynae? You can try visiting other gynae and have a feel if you are comfortable with him/her before deciding if u wanna change.

What i had been eating:

2nd month - Folic acid only
3rd Month - Obimin (multi vit)
4th month - Obimin (continue) + Fish Oil + Calcium

For me:

I am taking Pramilet (multi vit) + calcium + DHA from 16 weeks onwards.

H4H:

For Clarins, the essential oils include geranium, rosemary and mint. So no need to worry about lemongrass if that is what you are afraid of.

Mommies: Which stretchmark cream or oil do you think it is more effective for you? For my #1, I only used Clarins oil and I have a bit of stretchmark near my belly button. My friend told me Palmer Cocoa Butter is very good so I would like to make do a poll. This time round, I am still using Clarins but I may alternate with Palmers.

Good mornin all! so many posts yesterday.

TLow - I'm trying to make an appt with Dr Ho. But can't get it. I hope I can really make an appt with him. Would really like to hear his view on my condition.

Breastpads - I used pigeon disposable. I find re-usable a hassle to wash and dry.

Stretchmark cream - I'm using Clarins cream. Apply daily. morning and night since week 6.

Weight gain - I'm week 15 today. no sign of weight gain. I'm now not too concerned about my own weight as long as my bb is putting on the weight he/she needs.

Supplements - I take a range of supplements since beginning of pregnancy till now.

Vit C
Obimin
calcium
Fish oil
folic acid

On gynae - I'm getting anxious finding a good gynae that can handle high risk pregnancy well.

Taurisia, I can understand what you are going through. When I had my #1, I was also very inexperienced and felt that my gynae was not giving me enough info at times. So I learnt a lot by reading babycenter and talking to friends. For my #1's first trimester screening for Down's, I took the Nuchal Translucency test (only scan) and for #2, my gynae advised me to go for Oscar's (includes the scan and blood test perhaps due to my age. My gynae went through with me the costs and level of accuracy for the tests, so I just went along with what he thinks is necessary. He will go through the report and tell me everything is ok, don't worry, but I'm sure if something is not right, he would bring to our attention and do the necessary explanation.

For calcium intake, try to look for alternative sources such as Horlicks like what mi_baby suggested, or other sources (see http://www.babycenter.com/0_calcium-in-your-pregnancy-diet_665.bc#articlesection3).

For iron intake, if you are getting enough from your diet, no need to take supplements as it causes constipation (see http://www.babycenter.com/0_iron-in-your-pregnancy-diet_1468.bc).

And like what sun_tan suggested, let us know which part of SG you are staying and perhaps some of us can give suggestions on good gynaes. I chose my gynae because of convenience - near where I stay and I can go for consultations on Saturdays.

If you need advice, I am sure fellow Dec mummies will be happy to share their experiences. Don't worry, ok?

Good morning Mommies,
TGIF!

Pommes, I do feel guilty sometimes about not being able to put on some weight because I'm afraid it may hinder BB's growth.
sad.gif

Taurisia, initially my gynae did not explain much to us. What was strange and new to us was probably "just-another-case" to him. But when we raised questions to him, he answered them thoroughly. You may want to try listing down some queries you have and bring them along for your next appointment.

Good Morning Mommies,
I'm having blocked nose, is there any remedies which I could get rid of it... the blocked nose is causing me headache!!!

morning ladies....

RE: Vitamin...
me now still on hormone pill and mulit vit / folic acid / b6 and calium but havent on iron pill or DHA
gynae said i cannot stand now as will cause bleeding for me
sad.gif

but i feel like lack of iron as always feel giddy.. not sure is it becos of hormone pill

man with a few word but experience i feel it ok..as long he know what he doing .. so just relax

Hi chu chu pp

RE: stretch mark
i only worry the smell not other haaaa

Catherine & Pommes, don't worry about not putting on enough weight as long as baby is of a good size. I have friends who put on so little weight and give birth to babies who are heavier than mine. Babies are smart, they know what nutrients to absorb through the placentra. I put on 13 kg and baby only weighed 2.6kg at birth. All the food I ate went to me!

Juliana, you can apply some vicks on your nose. It helps to clear my congested nose.

chu chu, I use Elancyl stretchmark cream. I don't really like the Palmers cocoa butter smell.

H4h,
hospital teach you BF leh...
i learned it there, i think it's easier to share tips amongst your frens then go for lessons.

chu chu pp,
i like clarins. can't take the smell of palmers i threw the entire tube away :p
i used clarins for #1 and was ok *touch wood*

Think Gynae will issue iron tablet when ur blood test hemoglobin is below the required level. I have been taking folic acids before conceive and continue to take until now. In addition during first trimester Im taking muti vitamin and calcium tablet. The addition vitamin from 12 weeks is DHA fish oil.

I'm a lazy bum have not apply any Cream for stretch mark. I got stretch mark at my thigh from dunno when until now and I can live with it! Hahas

Anyway after research and reading info online - I found an alternative Medela breast pump which is recommended by mummy - ameda breast pump. It's a cheaper option when compare to Medela. Any exp mummy is using this pump?

Hi all mommies: Thanks for your info, I stayed at Tiong Bahru, I've tried to go to Thomson Medical Clinic at Tiong Bahru Plaza, but I change to KKH because it's near my office somemore, the doctor at Tiong Bahru there discouraged me at my first visit as when I went there my pregnancy still so small (I'm only lated 1 week my period),however as a doctor he shouldn't discouraged by mention that my pregnancy is still small and anything can be happen such as misscarriage. He also never give me anything such as folic acid, however, I take folic acid as my friend is a doctor, however, she only general doctor not a gynae so she can't talk too much and always asked me to consult all my problems with my gynae. My friend suggest me to take obical for additional calcium, how about all experienced mommies? is it necessary to take additional calcium? thanks

TGIF!

Had a early meeting with my MD and i almost want to doze off.... everytime i wanna close my eyes, he will shoot me questions. ^@##&$^@#

Heng my Pregnancy Pea brain is not as bad as i thought as i can still answer and deflect the questions.. lol!

What a start to my morning! >.<

Hi Taurisia,

I'm currently taking Bonacal 500mg per tab. and because I can't take milk, my gynae asked me to take it 2 times a day.

In KKH, the gynaes see a lot of preggies, so they don't have the time to give much details unless you ask. My gynae used to be from KKH and I delivered my #1 there. My gynae left KKH last year and now she has the time to talk to me and provides more information.

When I used to see her at KKH, I prepared all my questions before the visit and ask her everything. you might want to try that.

Back