(2012/12) Dec 2012

Hi Ladies,
Wow so many of mummy here are going for their scanning soon.. mine has to wait till 20weeks of pregnancy and its end of the month 31st July!!!

I miss those times why I'm preggy my twins every month have to go to see gynea and so scanning..

Actually I can't wait for the detailed scanned... My tummy now looks like 6mth preggy whereas I'm only 17 week turning to 18 weeks this midweek...

juliana, then we are abt the same size. hahaha.. i'm big too!

H4H, I'm currently using peg perago pilko P3 for my daughter. And I bought a Phil and Teds with the addition kit for both kids.
I love the peg, very sturdy except its heavy.

i think it is pretty normal for 2nd pregnancy to look bigger.. as i got friends also complain tummy is bigger than 1st pregnancy
happy.gif

Peg Perago like not cheap... what is the price range? hope u dont mind sharing..

on the road i seen a lot mummies using Combi, is this brand good?

H4H, bought my Peg in 2008. cost ard $700 then. I like it coz i can hang everything on it and take my baby out without worrying the stroller will topple over. Combi strollers are light and easy to handle. Just that if you hang anything heavy, it may topple backwards.

fluffy

oh that is scary ! but can u handle alone with the stroller ?
as i need to consider i am handling myself just in case... was looking at quinny as friend recommend me... but i feel it too heavy and bulky for me to handle

Hi mummies,
have you all confirmed your CLs?

What are the things to take note of? Last minute getting a CL due to change of plans so didn't really do any research on CLs! Today called 2 CLs and managed to talk to them a bit.

One of the CL said she serve strictly mother and baby only. Hmm... then my hubby how ah? He cook and wash clothes himself ah. heh.
What is the norm? And market rate about $2.4k? Is it?

Hi mcfluffy
i have confirmed my CL, i paying 2300 with deposit of 100 bucks

my only serve me and baby too but for meal wise will depend on my hubby as he has to eat confinement food too

For housework, she will do, but i request her to help to wash my hubby one also but of course no hand wash...

H4H, I drive, so I can put my baby in the car then close the stroller. If you don't drive then it maybe difficult for you to handle the stroller and baby together.

what I prefer to do when I'm out alone with baby is to use a carrier. so much easier. Baby can sleep inside too.

hi Fluffy

most of the time i drive also.. so i really very confuse now...
anyway is it too early for me to buy now haaaa like super Kaisu LOL

H4H, my hubby likes the Quinny Zapp Xtra, so we bought it over the weekend. Our friend will be giving us the infant car seat, so we took the stroller w/o the car seat at S$500+.

mcfluffy, from what I understand her CL will help mother and baby with washing, as for dinner, her hubby/family can have a share of the confinement food.

H4H, the ones with infant car seat will be S$700+ (last saw at OG for S$799).

We did consider Combi too, but husband likes heavier ones coz he thinks they're more sturdy. For moms who may go out on public transport alone, I think they're better.

Catherine...
ok, needs to test out...

hi Fel_2112
Price is from 2.3K onward so far
i have called about 5 to 6 calls, the popular one is ard 2.6k to 3.2k but all fully booked (that is from my friends and relative recommendation)

so i took the one which is recommended by the popular CL who only got 2 years experience
sad.gif

H4H, go to the shops and try out the strollers. Find one that you are most comfortable with and consider the following factors:
- Weight
- Ability to close with one hand if you need to carry baby.
- if you shop a lot and need to hang stuff, then consider how sturdy it is.
- ability to fit it in the car.

Kidomum - then is not bb kicking
sad.gif

H4h - I like combi products. As everything can be removed n washing machine washed. Just took my combi stroller cushion for a gd wash.

Mcfluffy - I actually managed to find the CL which helped me last year. I got her from agency. This round she's working for PEM. So I booked her thru PEM n paid extra. Total cost $2350 ... Cheaper than most I heard.

Fluffy - I have manduca, used it on my boy when he was only 7 weeks old. Good neck, head support for young infant. Only disadvantage is he cannot sit front facing. Ergo n beco also not bad. U can compare between these 3 brands.

Pommes where do you feel the kicks then?
Mine feel very low down.. around the pelvis. It feels as if my uterus is lodged way down..

Karen, I usually feel BB's kicks about 2 inches towards the left of my naval button.

It seems to like kicking me in the evening, the time when I just settle into the couch after dinner. Maybe with all the food I eat, there's not enough space for it to stretch. Haha.

Does anyone know if the food we eat will go to the baby first or go to ourself first? I scared I absorb all then baby no food lol

karen,
i also sometimes feel the kicks are quite low..
actually i can't remember where i felt the kicks during my #1 time..heehee..

Morning ladies,

Hi Pommes
I like combi also but also heard a lot negative feedback

Hi QQbaby1
i think is share.. haaa not too sure.
Just ensure we eat healthy

Hi ladies,
can we eat seafood? like Crabs prawn and lobster?
as i have been eating then suddenly got people tell me cant eat
sad.gif

Karen - is more on my right... Ard the same line as my belly button.

QQBB - u dun need to be scared. Cos ur bb will absorb everything he/ she needs. The balance then return to u. Be more worried abt urself in terms of calcium deficiency.

H4h - the only bad thing is cannot put heavy things on the stroller as it will topple for combi. Think abt when u need a stroller, what kind of situation, alone? Etc...

Back then, my 1st choice was a quinny, 2nd choice was peg perago. But glad I went to test out each stroller... Otherwise I will regret big time. So u have to test test each stroller to know what suit u the best.

Oh ya.. As for seafood.. Just be careful of the mercury level. It goes the same for certain fish too. high mercury content will affect the bb brain development.

i still take salad occasionally. nowadays even for those prewashed salad that i buy from supermarket, i will wash them again before eating..

i think most importantly is to make sure it is clean..

Wow long long thread...
Looking for a stroller too.
I have a hand-me-down infant car seat from Peg Perego, but the stroller part (wheel faulty) so maybe need to just get that.
Any idea where i can get it and roughly how much?

Evelyn Tan,
^5 me also seeing bb tomorrow!
happy.gif

Hi to all the mummies here

I am new to this group. I am currently in my week 16 of pregnancy and will be going for my week 16 scan this Friday. I am expecting my 3rd baby this round and EDD is around Christmas, though I believe baby would come out earlier by about 2 weeks.

I have 2 girls aged 4 and 2 respectively. They adore the unborn and would give daily hugs and kisses when they wake or at bedtime. I also encourage them to talk to the baby.

Unlike my previous pregnancies, I decided to have a gender-reveal baby shower at the end of August. So, during my week 20 detailed scan, I will ask the doctor to tell the gender of the baby to my Sister-in-law, who is tasked to help me plan the shower. She will reveal the gender of the baby to the invited guests and to my husband and I.

This is one of the ways I am making this pregnancy more enjoyable, since it may well be the last baby I'm going to have. Other plans include maternity PS and maybe a babymoon, which I do not have during my previous 2 pregnancies.

I am also a strong advocate for breastfeeding. I nursed both my older girls until past 12 months. I weaned my 4-year old at about 13.5 months and my 2-year old at about 25 months. I have saved quite a bit on milk formula and medical fees for the kids.
happy.gif

I am not working now cos I happened to have quit my job 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant. The same happened to me when I was expecting my 2nd girl. As for my first pregnancy, I left my job mid-way through the pregnancy cos of things happening in the office that made it impossible for me to stay on. So I do not have maternity packages for all my 3 babies, which I do not mind. It just meant that I do not need to rush back to work after 4 months.

I have shared quite a bit. Looking forward to have from all of you!

If possible, trouble you to add me to the FB group, please? My email is [email protected].

Thanks much!

@mcfluffy: do I know you from SBO / Multiply?

Back