(2012/10) Oct 2012

Good Morning Mummies

Recently I also thinking about how my #1 will react to seeing #2. So afraid that she cannot accept another child in the family. My #1 is going 18mth old now, she is like the gem of the family. My parents super adore her. And at this age, she still don't understand when I tell her about another baby in my tummy. And she's very protective of me, my hb, and my parents. If she senses something that she thinks is danger, she will pull us to go away instead of running away herself. I hasn't bring her to any gynae visit yet, cause I think she will freak out if she see me lying there (she probably think its danger and she know how to identify a doc room now which she will start crying if she's in it with closed door).

It kinda of worry me if she cant accept the baby later on. I wonder if its my preg hormones at work to make me think of such things.

Mummies with #2 and #3, can share your experience?

LilKmum...haha no wonder they said #1 is always the doted one..even if my #2 is of diff gender..i still dont feel the excitment eh..maybe coz #1 still 12mths...still havent play enough with her..my #1 already spent thousands on her clothes..

Raspy for me i always bring #1 to playground to see kids playing and also to let the kids play with her..so far she ok..does tat mean she can accept #2?? hehehe

Re: Siblings jealousy. Can't help u mummies with much cos all my kids had jealousy issues when their younger siblings were born. I did receive advice to buy a small toy for the elder siblings, bring it along to the hospital and present it to the elder siblings when they first meet the baby. Tell the elder siblings that the baby had bought it for them. My elder kids were indeed very happy when they received the gift. But the real challenges started when we went home and reality struck them that hey, this baby is here to stay permanently.

Even now, my boys are always still quarreling and fighting wif each other. My #3 is always very jealous whenever his kor kors talk to me, so I dunno what will happen when #4 arrives.

If u hv someone at home to help you during ur maternity leave, I will advise that u spend some personal time daily wif ur elder child while someone takes care of the baby so that ur elder child doesn't feel that now u've got baby, he/she doesn't hv any one-to-one time wif u anymore. It's tough but must manage this issue delicately else your elder child may resent your baby more.

It'll oso be good if u try to engage ur elder child's help during day to day chores, eg. Try to get them to help fetch a clean diaper for the baby to change, fetch a towel etc. Let them feel involved and always praise them when they help out with the baby
happy.gif

Ever since my #1 knows that I am going to have a baby, she will tell everybody she is going to have a mei mei and she will be super angry if we say baby is a di di. After gynae confirm that I am having a boy, I went home and tell her but she still insist that baby is a mei mei. I also dunno how to have her accept that she is going to have a di di instead of mei mei

One minute, she will tell us that she will be a good jie jie and love baby and another day, she will tell everyone in the house to love her only and don't love baby. It doesn't help that she is the only grandchild of both side. I can anticipate she will be super jealous when her di di arrives.

Seems like I am not the only mummy facing sibling rivary issue
proud.gif

Hi Mummies.

Did the detailed scan yesterday and we are having another girl
happy.gif
So we are now telling no. 1 that baby is a "mei mei" She seems fairly alright either way.

Ccharis: Can you help update for me when you have time? Thanks babe.

Only thing is I found out at the detailed scan yesterday that I have a low-lying placenta AGAIN. This time round it is even lower than no. 1's time. Looks like I am well headed for a c-section unless the placenta moves by alot. Keep fingers crossed for me.

Bringing no. 1 to gynae visits: We did that once and she cried terribly when my gynae was doing the scan for me behind the curtain. Raspy: Seems like you had a similar experience?

Prams: Tried out a friend's bugaboo bee over the weekend and it is built well and easy to manouver. Costs just over $1k I think from the First Few Years.

Cord blood: We stored the cord blood for no. 1 so will do the same for no. 2

BbKay, haha ya, no wonder they always say 1st born is the most doted one.
mine #1 is 3plus so u can imagine he's been getting ALL the attention thurout these years.

Siblings jealousy: actually not just only at the hosp when #2 is born, already now, sometimes when i buy things for #1, i would say its from didi. He would be very happy abt it. But after sometime when u ask him if he sayang didi, he would say NO!. *Faint*.
So true, the real challenge is when the bb is really here. Now is just trying to "talk" sense into #1 to sayang didi.

Cord blood: for #1 we stored with stemcord. for #2, i might store with cordblood to diversify??

Stroller: ok not sure if this topic for stroller has been touched on. What I mean is stroller to hold big toddler & small baby. any recommendations? Cos my #1 still would want to be carried at times. if in futuer go out with 2 strollers (1 for #1 & 1 for #2) would be quite troublesome.

LilKmum i also thinking to sell away my 1st stroller and upgrade to twin stroller eh...hehe but hub said waste of $$..for #1 let her sit those cheap cheap super light budgy will do...

Mummies, if u alrdy hv 2 strollers at home, u can buy a stroller connector (seen it at Kiddy Palace and some baby shops previously) to connect the 2 strollers together so that it's easier to push thm as though it's only 1 stroller. That's what I'm planning to get too. But must check whether ur 2 strollers are compatible with the stroller connector.

My boy at 16 mths is too young to understand didi or meimei. Thank goodness! He points at my swelling tummy and say "ball"!

Hi LilKmum, it is a combination of both. One part is a term for 3yrs that covers mum's life, the other is for whole life tat covers child's life and edu purposes. Have different package for the premium. I took the middle package, 200k coverage.

hi Mini22, can just take the term for 3 yrs? or must take the wholelife together too?

BbKay, ya lor, my hb says waste $$ leh. but if go out end up pushing 1 pram for newborn & 1 stroller really quite troublsome. mine #1 also using the simple lightweight stroller now.

Serenelm, i hear from a fren that the stroller connector is also not very good. It takes quite an effort to manoeuvre it cos it's afterall 2 seperate strollers connected. And like what u mention

Detailed / FA scan completed with normal results , yeah ! Some more I bookecd doc (head of d fetal assessment unit in Tmc) to consult . And its a boy !!! . D Tmc sonographer today commented 12-14 week scan for gender not accurate one . I was told 80% giro at a post oscar scan on 14th week. Hubby n I are v happy and relieved to gear d doc's assurance that Bb is normal

Btil: Congrats!!
happy.gif

LilKmum: Oh dear, I was hoping to use that so as to save money. I do hv a Mamalove front/back stroller at home but I find that it's not comfy for both the front toddler (cos u can only sit at certain angle) and the baby at the back (cos once baby grows bigger, not long enough for baby to lie down with legs stretched out straight ahead. That's why I thot of buying a new Maclaren XLR to "connect" to my current Maclaren Quest, hoping that same brand strollers means okay to use the connector. I dun plan to buy a side by side stroller cos I know that in a yr or so, my #3 will not be sitting the stroller anymore.

Nami: Your no. 1 is hilarious!

Lilk: I can't remember for sure but I think Stemcord does not have the capacity to send the cord blood overseas - which may be important if the surgery is scheduled to take place overseas. That is why we elected to store with Cordlife for no. 1. Just something to think about.

seremelm, yup i'm also using maclaren quest currently for #1, very lightweight. mmm, maybe u can go check it out, as in really test out the connectors at the stores? cos i never use the connector before too but was being told on that by a gf who had twins. in the end they choose a twin pram instead of buying 2 strollers to connect together cos she says hard to control 2 seperate strollers.
Also another thing to note is if by connecting 2 strollers, then cant use the escalator in shopping malls, have to Q for the lifts.

ming8110, oh ic...i think 1 reason intially i sign up stemcord becos the cord blood will be stored in 2 seperate facility in SG (as a precautionary measure in case something happens to 1 facility).
anyway since #1 is with stemcord, i'll prob take cordlife for #2. hehe not to put all my eggs in 1 basket.
happy.gif

Mini22, i heard fren who used it (quinny) says its not bad, very sturdy. but quite ex rite.

u hv an agent to recommend for the prufirstgift? Cos i wanna check if i can subsequently terminate the whole life portion of the policy after the term portion ends....cos i prefer the traditional kind of insurance for bb instead of ILP.

Can't wait for my next appt on 2 June. Lately having stomach aches but won't last too long. Anyone experience that also? hope my bb is healthy inside. Kinda worry .

Hi mummies,

Can I roughly know how much is the cost for either stemcord or cordlife? Initial payment and monthly etc
Thks!

Btil: So so happy for u!!! Finally u n hubby can rest in mind n have a gd relax sleep...

LilKmum: if u dun mind I can intro u my agent.. He is very pro n no obligation lah jus meet up and ask him to explain to u loh...

LilKmum: yup gt a trustable one. I pm u contact. My fren using Quinny stroller,Very stable.maybe I buy over frm my fren...save $$.

Caitlin: frm wad I noe, there's a initial deposit of $2-3k and yrly premium of 200-300.

Hihi all! First posting here;) Just wonder if anyone is going for hospital tour and prenatal courses?

Wau, stemcord is indeed not cheap...

Quinny stroller is stable bcos of the 2 wide wheels from I observe. The wide width makes it quite bulky squeezing through narrow lane. The design is nice though hee..

Have not bought anything, not sure where to start from hmmm...

Dear mummies,
does anyone of you experience stabbing pain?
on the both sides of tummy slightly above the belly button. Especially when laugh or cough and also stretched hand to pick up something. Quite uncomfortable actually like sudden cramp.

Thks serelem , Kalemo, oekmer!! Now I m really feeling happy in d pregnancy !

And to all doing FA scan at Tmc , u will enjoy d process , d service n attitude is v gd! I opted for dr chang to do it, paid $110 more, n it's worth it !

Hi mummies, I have a quinny zapp stroller in red for sale with extra pink seat in mint condition. Looking at $300 (slightly nego) if u take the whole set with 2 seats. Do let me know if u r keen.

Btil> Congrats!!!! Can feel your relief and happiness!

LilKmum> I am staying overseas and signed up with Corlife (as its SG company), I did ask them if touch wood 1 day I need to use, can I transport back to SG, they answered me Yes and need to pay for the "transportation fee". I can also transfer the "rights" from overseas back to SG but more complicated..So if no need to use, I'll just keep it overseas for now.

Missy> Yes you can take Cordyceps. It's good for baby. Bird's nest is only good for mummy.

Missy i just took cordyceps soup last wk..should be ok at 16wks++..but maybe take once a mth?

im taking a small portion of bottle birdnest every night since at 15wks..

Btil,
Congrats!! So happy for you!! Finally can have a peace of mind
happy.gif
My detailed scan is on 13 Jun, hope to hear good news too
happy.gif

mummywong,
Really ah, bird nest is only good for mummy? Ohh dear, I must eat something for my baby also.. hahaha

but i thought we cannot take bird nest every day.. if u going to take everyday maybe one spoon not the whole bottle wor...

anyway i dun dare to take too much so limit myself once a mth bec baby will have phelgm

Meredith> I also heard from people one..not sure how true on the bird's nest thing. I remember some people said bb might have asthma if eat too much but some mummies also swear that bb skin will be very fair and smooth if u take bird's nest! But i think it's quite true about Cordyceps is good to "bu" baby. Just remember everything in moderation!

ladies, the insurance is there a insurance just for the baby onli? because i keep seeing packages for mummy and baby.

and normally which is better to buy with mummy package?

Missy: Previously when my sis bought the cordyceps for me from Eu Ren Sang, the salesperson said we can take it from 4.5 mths onwards (they deem the pregnancy to be more stable then with most parts formed). Can take all the way to 8 mths, then must stop.

For bird nest, can take all the way till delivery. I feel that eating it more or less helps the baby's skin. Maybe it's just me. For #1 and #2, I took boiled bird nest regularly and their skin turned out really nice. For #3, I only took a little and even then, mainly bottled ones cos lazy to boil. He turned out to hv sensitive skin, very easily get rashes even till now at 3+ yrs old.

Ccharis: If only we can get what we want... I really would dearly love to hv a baby gal for once
sad.gif
Sigh, no choice lah, just pray for a healthy baby now...

Ccharis: bb healthy will do...
happy.gif

Joanna:frm wad I noe, baby insurance can only buy when baby is born. If wanna cover unborn baby, only have those package for mummy n baby.

Morning Girls

Birds Nest: My TCM says to take from week 17 to week 34. This is when the lungs developed, so good for the baby as well. But try not to take until delivery.

<font color="0077aa">Btil</font>
Congrats babe! Must be a load off your mind. :p

<font color="0077aa">serenelm</font>
I'm thinking of getting Maclaren XLR too! Haha. if you spot a good deal, please let me know.

<font color="0077aa">ccharis</font>
*hugz* Baby is healthy right. That's most important!

ccharis> Must be very disappointing for u. Dont brood over it since it's already a fact but think happily on how u can dress up the gal etc, maybe you can have a "好", try for #2 to be boy? Sometimes "luck" is not on our side on what we wish/plan, but having a baby born healthily is the most important thing. We are consider lucky over those people who try very hard to conceive. Hope you can put down the disappointment though I know you very much like a boy, bad mood will affect the baby, cheer up and deliver a happy baby!

My last scan doc say gender unclear. My fren say mine might b a gal. I actually hoping for boy...still hv to wait till June den I noe the gender.
sad.gif
doc say my baby is very healthy. I can feel abit of movement sometimes...
happy.gif
do u mummies feel some movement ald?

Hi Serene, do you drink boilded bird nest every day?? my sister gave me alot of eu ren sang bird nest... am taking them here and there.. haha now scared my bb might come out to have sensitive skin
sad.gif

Mini22: huh issit? i thought the mummy and baby also covers the baby when baby is born no meh?
so weird...

ccharis: cheer up babe...pat pat

Btil, big big CONGRATS! Understand the relief u feel so go on, enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!!
happy.gif

Ccharis, ya lor like what serenelm said, if only we can get what we want. My hubby chided me for "complaining" when I found out I have a boy. Many ppl believe the baby can sense it? I have gotten to terms with my baby's gender hahahah most impt is that the baby is healthy

I'll be heading to the Philips sale this weekend afternoon. Any MTBs going as well? Not sure what range of baby stuff there is or how much discount but just look-see.

Ccharis,

I also wanted a girl badly for my #3 since I already have 2 boys...but after my amnio ordeal, I learnt that having a healthy baby is the most important...we should be very happy that our babies are healthy! And since this is your #1, you can try for a boy again! Cheer up!

ccharis: ya dun be disappointed, u r still young maybe ur next 1 will be a boy!!!!!

Mini22: Me same as u!!! Scan not clear and lots of people say its gal but im hoping for a boy too. Lucky my FA is next Wed, hopefully by that time ill know the gender.
Yes, I can feel the movement now however not so vigorous type.. only slight 1..

Quinny: can update me about the sales for phillip? because i am looking at avent product.. let me know if the baby things for avent is worth?

Back