(2012/10) Oct 2012

oh and when my #1 heard the baby's heartbeat, he said "sounds like giraffe coughing!" and the sonographer cant help but laugh out loud. he never even went to the zoo before.

<font color="0000ff">Skinney</font> - Who knows that was umbilcal cord leh? I like the attitude of your #1, lol! I think I am still hoping it's a HUGE mistake at the end of delivery. Nevermind, if it turns out to be mistaken identity we can swap clothes, hahaha!

ccharis, haha.. u wun want my clothes cuz they're all handmedowns from #1! :p

cant be the umbilical cord (tho gynae thot he saw stg in 15th week but it was umbilical cord). cuz can see from scan v clearly the p and the umbilical cord on one side.. haha

Thats why loh... Olden days possible, in today's context it's harder than hoping for 1st prize Toto!
At least on overseas forum, they still make this kind of mistakes pretty often (not that I have read of in SG forums) despite being shown clearly the labia (3 lines) still can deliver a baby boy in the end.

Ok, for once, I hope my KKJ is a tiny one, thats why kenna blocked from view, hahahahaahahahahhahaahah!

It's friday.. =)

Any mummies experience extreme dry eyes? I'm so afraid that I have hypertension or something. Or maybe the kid is pressing on some nerve (i've had this consistent backache near my spine for the longest time). Or maybe just over worked! My vision has been gettin worse since 2 weeks ago. Then, I woke up one day I couldn't see! Took a while to recover. Happened against this morning. =(

@serenelm: yeap, and they gang up against other people and bully other people! I find it funny when they always do that.

@baby_jo: I hope that the kid will be active when I go for the scan later. I've not really felt it move since some time back. Or perhaps, I've no idea what the feelings are anymore. =( Just keep feeling cramp, cramp, pain, pain.

serene: you have such a good hub!
happy.gif

May: yeah me too. im going for my detailed &amp; 3d scan on 15 June. Really pray that baby is healthy and everything looks fine.

Val: must highlight to your gynae about your cramps...

Hi gals.. there's a great sales at www.carters.com... go check it out for baby clothings...

To all who were talking about the gender.. I also felt the same... when I know it was the gender i'm not looking for.. i was sad... but like my hubby said.. as long the bb is healthy...

Cheer on WOMEN!!! We can do it!!!

Good Morning Mummies.

Its Friday! And today is the 'Eating with your family day'.. any mummies got early release from work?

Re. Sibling Jealousy
Thanks mummies for sharing!!
Bbkay, my girl also like to play with other kids. She even like to go around hugging them (kinda of scare the other kid everytime). But somehow, she doesn't like us to play with other kids. So it worries me if she's ok to share us with #2.

serenelm, Thanks for sharing. Think need to get her more involved next time like fetching diapers etc, hope can make her bond better with #2.

ming8110, How old is your #1? Seems like our #1 quite close gap. I didnt have that experience, I kinda anticipate that will happen if I bring her there.

Re. 2 strollers for #1 &amp; #2
My #1 don't fancy sitting in her stroller. So her stroller have been left at the corner for quite awhile now. She preferred being in the carrier and after she outgrown it, she prefers to be in the push-tricycle cause can see more and closer to us. Luckily we didnt spend a fortune on the stroller, else really heartpain to just leave it aside. So probably just recycle that (but abit worry that #1 will protest that its her stroller). And mummies shopping for #1, maybe want to consider that before buying an expensive stroller.

Btil, CONGRATS on the good results. Have a great babymoon ahead!!

Re. Baby movements
I can feel my bb movements more distinct this week at 20. Me 2nd time mum, not sure if there's any difference. For #1, I cant feel the movement so distinct until around 25week. But this time can feel earlier. Can really feel the 'pop pop pop', especially at night when I lie at my sides. Bb will kinda of like 'knock' on me to tell me to turn the other side, cause like pressing for space. hehe..
happy.gif

Re. Bb gender
Seems like most mummies already know their bb genders. I agreed with Melody's words. Our Bb gender is actually determined at point of conception and they are our fruit of love. Hence, no matter which gender, we should just love them with our hearts. Most most important at this point is really their health. We should be glad to be able to carry a healthy and active bb. Lets all cheer up and look forward to our bb arrival.
happy.gif

It's TGIF...can slp longer tmr...I feel so tired daily...I slp 7-8 hrs daily but still feel tired..10am,2pm,5pm I will auto doze off...anyone experience that?

Mini: i'm the same here... but now a bit better.. these past two days, I felt much better and had more energy to spare... I'm coming 19 weeks.
happy.gif

Elizabeth: same I'm 19wk too but don't know gender.but is happy to feel bb moving n see my tummy getting bigger. But still nobody give up seat for mi.

mimi: ask them to give up their seat for you. i learned this harsh lesson. So now i dont care baby comes first. tap them gently and ask them give up their reserved seat.

elizabeth: i have vpost account but i forgot the password. haha! i ended up joining other mummy spree (oversea spree site in this forum) and buy clothes for my girls.

Elizabeth, Is your company having half day? My company is releasing at 3.30pm, not half day. But better than nothing.
happy.gif

Mini: welcome to the club.. my tummy just give ppl the impression either i ate a bit too much or having constipation.. no one gives up seats...
sad.gif

Sharon: Do you think it's cheaper to get from the US direct?? cause after the exchange rate and postage.. it might be more ex?

Mini dont get high expectations ppl will give up seats to preggie eh..it will be a bonus..keke..i think when ur tummy gets bigger more or else some ppl will zi dong ba..they scare they in stomp..kekekeke

elizabeth: eh i think cheaper leh. i went to see taka baby RL which sells 70/80$ for their dress but i spree for my girl including shipping around 30-40$. I usually spree when USA RL / carters/ Old Navy / oshkosh /gap are having sales. So on top of their discounted price they still have 15%-25%. so quite worth lor.

BBKay3105: ahhaha i tell u my stomach is big and everybody can see that i am pregnant and the person right in front of me just dun care about me and continue to read her book den after that act blur and sleep when i was standing from cityhall to amk den the other pple after that realise my presence and let me seat but is at the other side while the front one still sitting down like i am transparent..

Mini22: yr stomach not obvious?

To all: how u all feel that baby start moving? i experience some pain these 2 days wonder issit baby moving feel? am in 17 weeks or close to 17 week.. i know is some kind of feeling which is butterfly which i came across reading but i duno how the feeling is.

<font color="0000ff">Btil:</font> <font color="aa00aa">That's what I noticed the past few days when I start to feel little movements in my tummy.. I can cfm is bb not gastric or gas.. Hehe... Normally will feel little tugs after I eat somethg.. Esp if I lie flat on my back abt 5 or 10min after eating somethg.. I manage to let my hubby feel a v light tug on my tummy too.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">Sharon:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I am gg on the 1st Jun.. Long time since I last seen my little one.. Hope tt bb is healthy and everythg looks fine too.. 1 more wk to go!!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I am a 1st time mum.. I did feel bb move ard wk 17.. But v fade.. So they can be mistaken as gas bubbles.. But I noticed a way to feel bb kick/punch.. At nite I will lie on my left side press the tummy lightly on the bed.. Dan I will feel a light tug.. Think bb dun like my position as pressing on him.. Hehe.. But I v bad.. I will do it everynite to feel him.. Haha..
But recently in my wk 20, no need press on bb I can oso feel him moving inside esp after food.. </font>

May: whahaha can feel yr excitement actually whahhaa.. i cannot wait to feel him/her.. ahhh seems like all in 20 weeks le.. sometimes i wish slower but in order to know the gender i wish time passes faster...

Sharon: Thanks, being a SAHM means we try to save $$ whenever we can cos only got 1 salary to depend on
happy.gif

Re: Spree... Oooh, I love sprees, esp Gap, Old Navy, Osh Gosh, RL etc. Their online discounts can be quite a lot at times :D

TGIF!! And it's the official last day of school!! No more hectic rush from tmr onwards to get kids ready for school for the next 1 mth
happy.gif

Hi All,

I have a pair of almost 7 months old twins and am selling my pre-loved baby boy and girl items:

1) 2 sets of mosquito net and stand. Bought @ S$50. Selling @ S$25.

2) Deluxe Baby Bather bought @ S$56. Selling @ S$25.

3) Unopened Pamper's active baby size Newborn @ S$5 each and S size @ S$10 each

3) Baby car seat bought @ S$199. Selling @ S$80.

And many other baby boy and girl items. Interested please SMS me at 9833 9315.

Thank you.

How much weight have u gals gain? In the 1st tri had lost some kg. but once ms was gone. My weight seems like shooting rather fast. I was 52kg before preg, now abt 19wk 56kg.

serene, i agree with u, can sleep more (hopefully) now that holidays are here! yipeee! :p

ialso gained abt 4+kg, based on wt ystd, 20 weeks.. i suspect much of it is from the choco bars hubby brought back from london! :p

whatever gender our baby is, we will love them. healthy and normal already is very lucky. besides u can never please everyone, incl yourself. my friend who has 1 girl and prefers girls can even go to the extent of saying "guys are useless" i'm quoting word for word. i think its quite mean to make such a sweeping statement.

and already with 2 of the same gender, ppl have started asking me or grilling me if i'm disappointed. i'd be disappointed if i had remained childless and i'm sure those who went thru ttc journey can vouch for this feeling. some 3 yrs ago, i'd not have thought it possible to have one lovely child and another one coming to join me.

btw now i can type here cuz my #1 with my neighbor! lol! after becoming a sahm, i have made more frens with neighbors in this short 2 yrs than i ever did my whole life!

Sharonk: I dun dare to ask them gimme seat lei..cos my face dun look like Im a mother n my tummy nt so obvious especially in the morning.

Elizabeth: I look like hv a du nan...
sad.gif

BBKay3105: but some still act slping...I still hv to giv up my seat to preg whose tummy bigger than mine.. Sometimes, I jus feel like saying,"oh,urs bigger than mine,u hv my seat." but dunno whether the others will listen n giv mi seat...lolz...

Joanna: nt so obvious yet..after meals den is abit more obvious..

agaga: my 1st trim I lost 5kg to 44kg.nw MS getting beta, I gain back my weight to original ard 47kg. Doc say my weight is normal ok.but I still scare that I gain too fast..so sometimes I control food in take.. I eat small meals but more meals. 10am,12nn,3pm,6pm,9pm standard timing I will feel hungry..

Mini,
You are try rubbing your stomach to hint them that you are pregnant or stand such that they can have a side view of your bump. I find that wearing maternity clothes also help to accentuate our bump
happy.gif

agaga,
I have gain 1.5kg since preg. Currently in my 18 weeks. Wt was stagnant in the 1st trimester due to MS. Losing wt after birth is such a pain for me so I hope to gain not more than 11kg in all.

Seems like some mummies here gain almost the same as me. I'm so afraid of gaining too much/fast cos my #1 Dr comment I too fat bb too small(but in actual fact when she's born is not small) low blood and high in sugar level.. Must be all the chocolate and ice cream intake. Got sweet tooth during #1 preg. This time #2, sweet tooth again, hubby comment "u never like chocolate milk, but now ..." and ice cream is like a meal complete dessert to me now.
Really don't know how to control !! Always want something sweet for snacks.... Maybe I'm having a girl again??

for me.. i actually lost weight.. around 2-3 Kg going into my 2nd trim. Will see in 2 weeks time when I weigh myself at the clinic again...

great world city and tanglin mall if i am not mistaken.

GSS starts today ma...
so got pals there to help buy this buy that.

no la
i also never say wat we bought?

if any1 keen,

at expo
popular fair is from 24th to 28th may
motherhood fair is from 31st may to 3rd june

at TPY outlet
philips sale is 26th to 27th may

Mini, sound like u r the skinny type.

Meredith, seems like u r controlling your food intake/weight pretty well.

My tummy was flat until abt 16wk (looks like 6mths) hubby say becos fat from du nan push upwards...lol
But thankfully I eat well since and feel so preg now when tummy show and can feel bb kick.

From 5wk to 15wk was miserably sick, can't swallow food properly, can't drink also, smell anything also smelly, mouth always got funny taste, tired all the time, tummy bloated for nothing, brush teeth vomit out everything, mood swings (family kena a lot) P.S: #1 ms not so serious

Meredith: I got throw rub...no ppl giv up yet.lolz.

Agaga: nt skinny..getting fatter ald...lolz..but I'm short cannot too fat also...lolz...

I gained about 4 kg now at 18 weeks. But looks more like 20 weeks cos of small frame with big stomach. Most of my colleagues commented that within 3 weeks it suddenly ballooned. But it's good. I find people are nicer when they can see visually.

Re: baby gender
Gals try not to be so upset abt baby's gender. Having a baby is a very very blessed event in our lives already. Personally, I have been thru all sorts of treatments and ttc for 5 years before having my boy. So think of how lucky we all are. I have friends who went for 10 times ivf but still unsuccessful and some who keep miscarrying. So just think of having how lucky we all are to have a baby and a healthy baby, which is the most impt.

Hi all,

I think i look pretty pregnant. But still, most of the time, pple in the train are sleeping, pretending to be sleeping, playing with their phone or reading their papers, they juz dont give up the seat.

Sometimes I really feel like taking their pics and post them in public to shame them all.

Oh well, juz a thought. :p

Hi all, glad that the weekend's finally come around. Nice to see that quite a few mums have gone for their detailed scans already... still patiently waiting for my turn on 1st June.

Just crossed the W20 mark btw, and I've started feeling the baby kicks from 2 weeks ago. Usually on my right side or lower down near the front of my pelvic bone and sometimes I can see a brief protrusion on my tummy if his kicks are hard enough. Sleep's getting a little more disrupted cos baby's most active at MY bedtime and about 7+am although he moves occasionally in the day too. Especially when my tummy's being obstructed by something, kinda like "argh seatbelt! *kick*".

On a sadder note. The elder of my 2 cats has just passed away a couple of days ago. Quite sad that she won't be around when baby arrives. Hope she's in a better place now though. C'est la vie.

Back