(2012/10) Oct 2012

ccharis: cheers up! baby healthy can liao. #2 maybe a boy. hehe..

Btil: Congrats! now can ease ur mind already. please stay cheerful ya.

Oekmer: is ur gynae Dr Douglas Ong?

Mini: Hi, yup.. my boy boy been keeping me active in the night time before I go to bed.. both my hubby and I can feel the kicking and moving of the hands/feet
happy.gif
Its actually quite cute and nice
happy.gif
ehhe

Reineluv: Seems that different medical shops/TCMs recommend differently for bird nest hor? Some say can take till birth, some say must stop b4 birth.

I plan to get the XLR either from Mothercare or Taka baby fair, whichever has good deal. What colour do u plan to get? I still can't make up my mind. Yes, let's keep each other updated when we see a good deal
happy.gif

Elizabeth: Daily might be too much . I think twice a month would do
happy.gif

Mini: I'm feeling movements daily now, very light kicking, esp when I'm lying flat on my bed.

Sharonk: Nope, my gynae is Dr Woo.. hehe why??

Elizabeth: Wow you are 2 wks later than me, u already can feel the baby's kicking and moving of hands/feets ah.. so gd!!! My hb was waiting for this period that he can feel it..

oekmer: oh then i think i see wrongly. hehe.
you will feel the baby movement soon. I rmb i feel my #1 movement around 5mths of pregnancy. it started of with butterflies fluttering feeling.

<font color="0000ff">Btil:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Congrats!! So happy to hear abt the good news....</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Noticed lately after eating.. I will feel my bb moving.. Happily kicking / punching.. So this will happen afew times a day.. For mums who are hving their no. 2 or more.. Is it normal? Hope bb come out lao wnt be so hyper ah..</font>

Joanna, okies i'll update after i see what's there. Still in time to go on Sun if anything interests you.

My butterfly flutterings also slightly less fluttery now, becoming mild movements but v v faint, hubby cannot feel even if he puts his palm on my tummy.

May: my gynae said baby is active after food. hehe. so its normal.
happy.gif
usually i will have dinner before visiting gynae so that i can see my active baby inside bouncing, kicking, putting her hands up n etcs.

Ccharis - Don't be disappointed. Babies are a blessing. I know there are many others out there who have been trying so hard and so long to conceive.
Girls are good too. I think they are more filial and you can dress them up.

Hi Oct mommies,
My first posting in this thread.
Edd will b 11 oct and this will b #2 for me.
Any mommies getting CL fr PEM? My first time engaging a CL... I just called them to find out more and was told that I can't choose the CL to work for me... So still considering if I should go with them. Anyone has prior experience with them?

hello!

@serenelm: my sister tried the 'baby buys present for jie jie' method. She even tried the baby's back faces the jie jie first then jie jiewill go around to look at baby to reduce the 'threatening' factor. Fast forward 4 years later... Jie jie still bites and pinches the young one. So I think personality play a major role. Of course parenting plays an important part. But the kid's temperament is more important.

I've heard of siblings who get along just fine the moment the younger one is born. Even to the extent of being protective and refuse to let any strangers touch the baby!

@baby_jo: I'm going for my detailed scan tomorrow too! Hopefully both of our kids will be good babies and comply with our request!

@btil: congrats! everything worked out just fine didn't it. The babymooning and the all clear signs from the test. Stay positive!!

@ccharis: =) a lot of my colleagues say that it's better to have a girl for #1 and boy for #2. The girl tends to be more caring towards the baby. So don't worry! What's more important is to have a healthy baby...

Ccharis, *hugs*... can understand how u feel. For my #1, my hb and I really wanted a boy. In fact I felt so sure it was a boy, but FA scan revealed girl :/ Felt a bit down but then everyone around me said if no #1 girl is better, more responsible etc. After my gal was born, i actually had helluva time dressing her up, girls are just too too cute! can't imagine I even wished for a boy then!

Val: Mine's not nice to their siblings either, fighting/complaining and quarreling every 10 mins type. But they're indeed protective of each other towards outsiders. It's like "Only I can bully my brothers. U keep ur hands off my brothers!!" hahaha :p

My baby is extremely active! I think because she has long legs, so it's a bit squeezy for her inside. I started feeling punch-like kicks from 19 weeks, I'm 21 weeks now, and she works as my alarm clock hahah.

Actually, is there a way to differentiate baby's kicking from hiccups? Every movement feels like kick to me cos I can feel my tummy jumping haha.

My doctor not sure at 15weeks scan too, but think he'll reveal on this coming Monday 19wk scan.
So nervous to know gender, my#1 (9yo) girl. Somehow got complex feeling like don't know hope for a girl or boy better. But health is the most important.
First movement on 16wk follow by almost everyday since 17weeks can feel a few times especially lying down or after food or i'm happily laughing. Even my hubby and my gal can feel the 'kick' when they place their hand on tummy.

reineluv> hipcups is abit more consistent, it will continue for "quite a while", very small movement. whereas "kick" is 1 big movement and will not be consistent, u'll feel kick then maybe next kick is quite sometime later..u'll feel hiccups like continuously kind...maybe few seconds interval for 1 minute for eg?

bti;" Hey girl congrats! Must b a load off ur mind, u n hubby can 100% look forward to baby now

ccharis: I understand how u feel lah i also wanted #2 to b a boy but now #2 is a girl nmind loh i will hope for #3, if #3 still a girl to me destinated loh ;) U still have chance for #2 mah...

My father in law told me he thinks 2 girls are great too as long as baby healthy, in fact, a lot of his frens prefer girls this era cos more fillial... ;) so nice of him right but what he say may not b untrue ;)

Sibling rivalry: Just nice u gals are on this topic... my 2.5 yr old #1 so cute, she tell me she wants to carry meimei, then pat meimei to sleep. Then she got possesive n said meimei is hers not other people's meimei. SHe even said:"I want to protect meimei." I m so surprised... but since i always teach my daughter not to follow "bad aunties n uncles" away (in light of the recent kidnapping case) so i asked her, "what will u do if bad auntie n uncle catch u?"

She said," I say MUMMY DADDY HELP ME!" And then I asked her," What will u do if auntie and uncle catch meimei?" She lift up her chubby baby hands and hit some imaginery people and said," I will BEAT them away! GO AWAY naughty auntie and uncle!"

haha... i think my #1 will b the posseive n protective sister.... I m really looking forward to my #2 now, whatever gender she may b, her health is godsend, her happiness n ours is our choice. ;)

<font color="0077aa">serenelm</font>
Dunno leh, I'm not really sure what colours are available. And I noticed some websites have models like 2010 or 2011. haha, probably something neutral like Black.

<font color="0077aa">mummywong</font>
Thanks, I noticed the kicks are random, and usually for 1 to 2 mins, then it will stop for a couple of mins and kick again and stop. Hahaha. I suppose that's not hiccups.

reineluv> it's similar to adult hiccups. when u really experience it, u will be able to tell the difference next time between the kick &amp; hiccups. Hiccups can be "annoying", you will have to change position to stop the hiccups.

Joanna: yup it covers baby after baby born. Like wad I hv jus bought.

Oekmer: my nxt scan is 12 June...still so long..

Serenelm: I feel movement only at night. Maybe bb wants mi to slp early..

Elizabeth: so fast...I can only feel bubble kind of movement. Quite interesting.

Dear mommies,

I just went to TCM yday. The bird's nest info I got is also 17 to 34 weeks. At this point, only need to eat once a month. The frequency can increase later. For cordyceps, I got two doses of herbs to make soup with and both included cordyceps. It's to nourish the baby.
Interestingly, tcm could tell whether boy or girl and same as what my gynae suspected at 17 week at my last visit. But I'll wait until the 20 week scan to confirm the gender.

Baby Jo: Dont b sad lah... ur baby can feel one... girl or boy ultimately is not the most nor the second most nor the third most impt. Most impt is health, then the child's calibre, the child's nature. To b frank, even though i m a girl myself but i feel that my life is far more happy, have much more abundance n feel more fulfilled than a lot of male peers out there in the world. If u ask me would I rather b an outstanding girl or a boy with very common calibre n common life, i would rather live my life colourful as a girl than black n white as a boy. I would also want my child to be an outstanding girl than a common boy..... I m not saying boys cant make mums proud but what I m trying to say is there are really other impt factors in an individual than just gender.

Chinese see boys as impt to lineage but the way my hubby puts it, if we have a boy n he is not capable of managing our wealth n will most prob squander it away due to bad character or lack of capability, my hubby will not leave our inheritance to him but to girls instead. Having a KKJ doesnt mean he automatically has the right to our hard earned assets.

Gender is a preference, we see it as impt cos it is just in the eye of the storm now, when ur girl make u so proud, u would have no other in exchange. Since weeks 16 to 20 are weeks to find out abt gender, no doubt some of us will b disappointed but the child is innocent n deserves us to look forward to his/ her arrival with all our hearts. Least we forget that the child no matter girl or boy is our flesh n blood, let every kick n hiccup we feel be a constant reminder of that ;)

Here's hoping all disappointed mothers will soon walk out of all negative feelings and let the joy of pregnancy fill our hearts n our lives totally. Cheers!
happy.gif

I seen my TCM and was told it is not recommended to take cordyceps during pregnancy especially you are having a girl. I'm really confused.

Ccharis same as me when i knw #1 is gal..i also abit..erm..coz maybe MIL pressure and others..wana hv son..hub is anything..

but u will never regret having a gal too!! am having so much fun with her..she's my MIL precious nw also eh..

birdnest i took a spoonful every nite nia..frm bottles..sometimes MIL will boiled for us ah..so far bb skin ok..no rashes or what..

Missy: Did you ask them why?? Cos I read some articles, it mentioned is good to consume wor.. Iam confused also after you said cannot..

I also drank for my #1 boy.
Currently having #2 (Should be a girl).
TCM told me it may cause the girl to have more male hormones which is bad for them.... COnfused

Thks everybody !:)
Charris - girl is great, most impt is baby is healthy ! Girl has adv , can doll up ! N u will b motivated to wk on #2!

Am in d mrt in hk n NOBODY gave seat to me! Hubby say some plump women's tummy are same or bigger than mine!;-)

missy &amp; oekmer: cordyceps is very good for baby. it shld b fine. But good cordyceps can cost up to 1k esp eu yan seng. Buy cordyceps frm recognise medical hall.
There are some fake cordyceps shown in the news but i think its in china lah.

Sharon: I oso agree that it's very impt to buy good quality cordyceps and bird nest. Both cost abt $700+ each from Eu Ren Sang, gifts from my sis.

For previous pregnancies, we bought from Fu Hua, cheaper and good too
happy.gif

hi elizabeth,
uploading slowly. if u interested any items like rompers, pants, cloth books, socks, can pm me and will pm u the picture. remark: all NEW ITEMS.
tks....

serene: ya lor!! must get good quality ones. i think my mum also get frm Fu hua but in laws get frm eu yan seng.
hahah my job is to drink. hehee....
who will be doing ur confinement?

Sharon: Hubby will be doing the cooking, baby bath etc. New maid (hopefully arriving by late July) will help take care of my older boys/bring them to and fro school while I concentrate on baby.

<font color="0000ff">sharon:</font> <font color="aa00aa">My next appt is the detail scan.. Dun think is a gd ideal to eat before gg.. Wait bb keep moving how to take nice pic. Haha</font>

Kanelmo: Thanks for agreeing ;) I hope the mummies here dont mind me speaking from the heart. I also walked from disappointment to acceptance to gradually looking forward to #2's arrival. Think my hubby, in laws and family's attitude n support also helped. I m glad I didnt take long to at least get over the disappointment, having been thru it myself i know the process is not easy, it's almost like heart breaking /falling out of love to wake up n realise the baby in ur tummy is not the gender u hoped for so therefore i just want to speak out so that mummies still in this negativity will hopefully find my train of thoughts helpful to them to walk out of it themselves...

Its a complex feeling to feel disappointment then guilty for feeling disappointed cos the baby is our very own.

Mummies with mixed genders are sure happier at this very moment but to be frank, who is to say that there arent mummies with all girls/ all boys who are happier than mummies with mixed genders as their kids grow up in this world? I m sure there are many instances as well.

I know most mummies will walk out of the disappointment n love the child with all our hearts but i know there are rare instances some mummies n as a result their older kids carry this dscrimination with them thru all if not a big part of their lives. This will then lead to great regrets. Just hope that this type of tragedies do not happen to our Oct 2012 babies n hence doing what i can to help from my experience

As the oldies put it," We r still young, the road is still unfolding in front of us. We sometimes cant choose what cards are dealt to us but we can choose to make the best out of what we are given."

Hi tigger mummy,
I don't think so. For my #1, my belly button didn't pop out at all as I have really deep button and I had a boy. I'm sure for this pregnancy - a girl, it is gonna be the same case.
happy.gif

Sigh, thanks MTBs, hopefully I can cry it out loud and move on, thou it's harder for me to deal with this disappointment, in fact had even toyed with extreme ideas which I wouldnt wanna list them here. HB is still ok, afterall he said bobian, but I dont think I also have the guts to try for #2 - this pregnancy water retention &amp; outbreaks really very devastating for me leh. Been reading &amp; hoping for gender mistakes (have to say common in overseas but not locally) and this case I dont mind already spending loads for girl but pop out a boy! I would GLADLY buy new stuffs, hahahah! Hopefully I see light at the end of the tunnel real soon. Thou I fully know how my mood would affect the pregnancy but easier said than done loh, cant help it leh... Oh well, the ONLY redeeming point now prob for me is that she's passed all her health tests with a breeze &amp; according to the sonographer has very high &amp; defined nose bridge with uber long legs (almost tipping off the charts, for those whom has already gone for D/scan) - both definately has to inherit from her Dad loh.

Thanks esp. to <font color="0000ff">Melody</font> - hate to say this, but I'm sure you know where I am now because you have been through it. Prob I had v high expectations of myself - carrying the family name aside, I personally wish to have 2 boys &amp; if there's 3rd accident, then girl would be nice loh.
<font color="0000ff">Baby_Jo</font> - Can sob hand-in-hand, but we must pull through together!

my #2 scanned today also boy. when the sonographer announced, i felt a bit sad, but i got over it within minutes and told myself as long as baby is healthy is already great!

for me, its worse, cuz i grew up in a family that prefers boys (my mum) and my one and only older brother is a complete jerk. I rreally really detest him. it wasnt easy for me to accept #1 was a boy and now #2 also boy. But i still think today the great news is the baby is healthy and i can start looking out for names!
happy.gif

i was still telling hubby since no line on my tummy (for #1 the line appeared soon after OSCAR) maybe its girl!
(Btw my #1 still says its girl)

Back