(2012/08) Aug 2012

rykiel, ur maid search sounds drama. I know its frustrating cos those you like may not want you or taken by others very quickly. good luck to you
happy.gif
mine also 39yo now, she is responsible but stubborn.those not good ones, forever there waiting for ppl to take them.
I am so sleepy now.

Dear Joanne,
I meant today, not tmr, for WBB's class. Tmr holiday so brought over to today. Yes will help u ask (must remember).

On vacuums,
Mine is delphin. I can recommend you for a free trial n if u buy we can split vouchers, lol. My hubby likes it n uses it everyday, lol.

for mummies who has attended Mrs Wong's class, she taught on how to feel the tummy (ie. hard/soft). did you try after the class? mine seems to be hard everyday leh... so is my bb angry everyday ah? haha!

my tummy always fluctuates... can be hard one moment, then after sometime soft again... so mayb my baby angry and happy many times in a day....
the class is good, at least it taught my husband some things and now he will talk to baby.. haha.. if not he dunno how to talk to baby and thought I am bluffing him when I asked him to talk to baby last time... n he finally understand that I can bath during confinement.. he dun believe me when I told him, only when it was told by the expert then he believe... mayb should bring my mum n in-laws to class to hear from the expert if not they dun believe me... hahaha... but too bad I can't bring them...

Sashamama can help me ask Mrs Wong during breastfeeding can we apply slimming lotion or breast firming lotion?

BTW, does anyone kw is there a need to buy a good breast pump. Because I won't be working, so most of the time will let bb latch on. But if too tired and need to rest, then hb or other ppl who will help to feed bb the will be bottle feed which I need to exact out the milk so was thinking is there a need to buy a good breast pump just in case.

Hi ladies, thanks for the advice and comments.

As for hand-me-downs, I don't mind at all. In fact, the more the merrier. But what I was complaining about was that my hubby did not like to buy *anything*. Even things that no one passed to us - like playmat or age appropriate toys. Even stoller (the one they wanted to pass to us was 17 yrs old - the boy who used it was in JC by the time my son was born. True, it could still be used, but is was extrememly heavy and hard to push. Some more we live on the third floor with no lift.)

Re CL: For my boy, my Mum came over to help, but end up she and my hubby quarrel. So maybe I better get one to reduce friction. See how.

Facebook: Rykiel, what is your fb name? I search, but see a lot of Rykiel leh. Anyway, my email is llogam(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk Please add me.

Maid agency - where you all find agency with fees 288? All I find is so much more. The cheapest I found was 388.

Breast Pump - better to get a manual one to stand by. Sometimes, bb don't want to latch on, or dunno how to latch on yet. Also, if you pump out, can increase supply, and someone can take over the night feeds so that you can get some rest. Although you will get used to it, feeding every 2 hrs will take a toll on you, and it is nice to get a 4 - 6 hr stretch of sleep now and then.

Hazel: I think cannot apply those commercial or off the shelf slimming cream unless it's stated safe for lactating mum.. Think those that we can apply is prob those ginger jamu cream? Those we use for post natal massage?
happy.gif

Hazel: for the creams, u have to get those safe for beeastfeeding one. Think mustela brand of line have something for that. Even if apply externally, it will be absorb into out body and bloodstream so not just creams that are apply on our breast, everything that we apply or eat must be extra careful when we are breastfeeding. Pump i think it's important to get a good one even if baby lactch on (in fact i asked this qn some time back) cos one of the mummy say u need a pump to express milk frm the other side when u let bb latch on one of the side. A good pump will not only express milk more efficiently but also more comfortable. Since u not working, can get the pump frm philips avent, cheaper than medela and good enough

Starfantasy & sherry, thank you for the advices.

Reason why I ask is that when I when to the best mummy and baby talk, the clarins consultant said it is safe to use their firming and slimming gel after birth and during breastfeeding. But Mrs Wong never really mention whether is it safe to apply during breastfeeding.

As for the pump, my hb Aunty and friends tell me no need buy since I can let bb latch on most of the time and hb Aunty is giving me the 2nd hand breast pump which I believe the warranty is over. So no sure need to buy a new one or not. But hb has been stopping me as he think it a waste of money since the one I wanted to buy is electric double pump cost $600.

hazel: then u can ask the clarins consultant if it's safe for breastfeeding. or you can check the contents of the gel and ask your gynae. for the pump, if the 2nd hand one is still working then can use that first? if it's really not good then you have solid reason that u have tried before
happy.gif

Starfantasy, I was thinking that since I need to get the spare part to replace the 2nd hand pump than I might as well get a nice one. Anyway, maybe just as u mention I will just c how the condition then decide ba. Ha ha....

As for clarins product it didn't state if it fine during breastfeeding. Maybe I will check with my gynae or during my antenatal class too.

@loves: mine seems to be in good mood everyday leh...

@dot: i also hope to have some hand-me-downs leh...but so far nothing...can only hope tt my sis bb (EDD n early june) outgrows her clothes fast and we can juz take over... =X

Hazel,
If you decided to latch only then just buy the pump later if you thing u need it. A few of my SAHM, only latch no pump no bottles. BB reject bottles and still latching at 3 yrs. but no need to wean bottles which is good.

For those who wants to buy from taobao, now they finally accept worldwide credit card (but limited to visa, master card or jcb), so no need to find agent to buy already! Just create a account in taobao and you are good to go!

Starfantasy:
Have you tried using your worldwide credit card for purchases at taobao? Is it safe? I'm being paranoid lah..
happy.gif

recently feel pressure at bladder, always keep going to toilet frequently, sometimes not much urine output but feels the urgency, is it too early for this now at mid preg ?

BBL
icic, i thinking is it too early to experience this..btw u also 2nd time mummy, how is your tummy carrying ? mine feels low and gynae say is normal for subsequent preg, perhaps that the reason why bb pressing on bladder earlier ? feels troublesome to look for toilet outside and bothers me a lot when sleeping got to wake up many times.....

Ninger: normally i get my alipay acct top up to pay but i just use my credit card to pay for a purchase today. Should be quite safe now that mastercard and visa implement the mobile one time password. So even if the site got hold of the credit card details, the mobile's with us so they can never get their hands on the one time password

JA: i also experience the same thing as u.. And sometimes bb make it worst by kicking at it (bb still not head down position) that can make me immed want to go toilet.. Haha, i think it's not that early to experience this since we all should be at the end of our 2nd trimester liao

J-A
hmm ya 2nd pregnancy..
tummy still not low..but bb head is starting to go down..so i guess she is pressing on my bladder..
ya its troublesome to find toilet so i try to drink lesser water when i am out..i only drink like a horse when i am in ofc or home..

Star
ya this get worse if bb chu pattern...

Hi mommies, which bottle warmer equipment do you all use to warm breast milk?

I just bot my avent philip sterilizer at Isetan. got quite a good buy!

Dot : yr hubby opp to mine. I have some hand me down. My hubby is complaining that I should not anyhow accept hand me down and he wants to buy new things!! Hahaha..

Dot : yr hubby opp to mine. I have some hand me down. My hubby is complaining that I should not anyhow accept hand me down and he wants to buy new things!! Hahaha..

How much does Madela pump cost in the US/ Canada anyone know? My Frn is gg there so can ask her to buy but like quite heavy so probably will ship it back?

BBL/starfantasy,
Thanks
happy.gif
perhaps am lucky the 1st time as didn't experience this til towards end of preg when my leg start to swell..yup gets worst when baby kicks and this time ard more active kicks. During detailed scan, gynae also comment baby very active.

Happy,
Used pigeon bottle warmer. Avent has an IQ warmer which u can preset the temp and when ready will beep..

Tanny,
U can refer to tanlengleng oversea spree, she has retail prices for the various Medela pumps in her thread in USD.

Dear hazel,
I'd ask for u when I go class next tue. Can remind me again? Heh.

Dear Joanne,
I helped u ask wbb already. She said still can breast feed
happy.gif

Dear dot,
My maid agency fee at Homekeeper was 349 which was a promotion. I engaged Filipino.

Tks J-A. I meant how much are the maternity stores in Canada selling the Medala breast pump.. Hmm, if not exactly cheap, then might as well get from the spree. They might give Leng Leng special distributor price.. Will use that as a gauge. Thanks Linh too.

Shashamama : How are you?? Good?
happy.gif

Ladies : Donu feel the breasts v sore n pain at times? Like v bloated and my size like increased 2 cups. They say sleep on left or right but I feel best sleeping face up and sleep the longest at that position.

Tanny,
REcently I found this beauty loft selling medela freestyle at S$460. Not sure reliable ma. Leng leng spree can get in at about $500.

Sleeping on back not advisable when thummy grow. The weight will have adverse effect on your back.

Not just on the back but also will restrict blood flow to placenta or bb i forget which, esp in 3rd trimester.

Tanny: I also sleep best on my best, most prob before pregnancy i'm already love sleeping that way. Maybe u can try puting a pillow behind one side of ur back and sleep slanted?

Clim,
i've bought my medela freestyle from Beauty Loft for my #1 last year... so far it served me well... but i wasn't a heavy duty user though! =)

my back hurts soooo much ...
i also bought my freestyle 460 sgd ..
i keep sleeping on my back leh dunno why even though i sleep on side i still end up on my back
sad.gif

my back aches esp my bum hurts so much i gt probs walking ..

having migrine lately as well .. head like giddy ..

though gt a break frm puking ..

Dear Tanny,
I am on two week mc to rest. Next Monday going back to work. Seeing dr Loh next thu. How r u?
happy.gif

Sleeping on left is best, most blood flow to baby. I can't lie on my back for too long. Baby will keep kicking. I think cos less space.

sleeping position, also read that sleeping on left is best for baby if my memory doesnt fail me...

Ayukie/Sashamama,
Take care!!

mummies, u plan for your maternity leave already ? my boss wants me to submit my leave plan. was thinking to take earlier to rest but got advises to take on actual day so can spend more time with baby. my #1, took on actual day and maternity leave 16 weeks. can share your maternity leave plans ?

nowadays I lift up my legs to sleep and I dun get leg cramps, unless I suddenly moved my legs and trigger it.. a few days ago, my bb kicked v hard when I was sleeping n woke me up, nowadays I always talk to bb first before I sleep ask him to be good n sleep also when I am sleeping, and so far so good.. haha... at least didn't kick till I woke up..he did moved around when I turn but not so hard.. but if I lie too much on my side till press on tummy then he'll move more also.. probably cos I can feel it more since I am pressing on it, so got to lie like 45deg sideways with a pillow supporting my back.. but I am getting backache already too...

Happy I am like u, left or right side bb will kick so much. Lie flat back aches. For ML, my fren taught me something, for the first 8 weeks we have to take straight 8 weeks. The next 8 weeks can flexible meaning 8x7=56days. Use 56 days to apply 5 days per week and if there's public holiday, we won't waste a day. Makes sense?

AG : yeah better. Enhanced child care we also can take but pro rated right? I get only 1 day after pro rate.

Agukie : how u find freestyle? Is suction ok? They say not v strong .

Shashamama : great to hear that. Mc is good, can rest more
happy.gif
I'm seeing him end May only. Take care!

I also like sleeping on my back - auto will turn in bed..

The last 8 weeks is 8 x 5 at my workplace for 5 day work wk, can check with HR and valid for 1 yr after baby dob.

My #1 din plan any leave or mc just work and bb out at 38 wk unexpectedly so unprepared. This time a bit kan chiong, wondering when baby will want to come out, heard fr others usually will be earlier ??
Initially was thinking the clear all the leave that has to be consumed for this yr, that's why plan to take before ML if not kenna makan but my Coll share with me abt the flexible 8 weeks so reconsidering as no need to clear leave anymore, can use up leave then use the last 8 weeks if want continuous or flexible also can. So suah ku din know til now, can earn back 2 PH, Hari rays haji and Deepavali. Left not much mc maybe can take HL, not sure if gynae will give and co will accept a not ?

Tanny, CCL is not prorated at my co, will give 6 days for 1st and 10 days for 2nd. U may want to check with your HR

Back