(2012/08) Aug 2012

So there are bb fair at expo today? Is it a small one or big one? As I have no info abt this leh. So who going? If really got no problem going down take a look after my check out later. Ha ha.....

Dear Mummies, just to check - those using Avent cups for BM storage, are you using Avent breastpump as well? Cos I think can attach to the breastpump directly isit? But if using after brands of breastpump?... We pour the expressed milk into Avent cups then store in fridge?

Bright..
i dont attached the storage cup while i express.
but yes i store using the cup..pour from milk bottle n into the cup.
cos i need if u wanna attached to pump u need a special cap which i dont have.

BBL : I see... ok.. so if I use a different brand of pump, I could still use the Avent cups for storage... Thanks!

Thanks Aixin !

BBL,
confinement mth can collect a lot of bottles haha but didnt keep them as bought a lot of pigeon storage bottles and milk bags...

Ag,
#1 was in TMC but the nurse refuse to give me say that dont have this practice but heard others managed to get it. i ask for milk samples also v reluctant, the nurse say u total bfeed why need sample and ask me sign for it somemore. the glass bottles is fr the samples used to fed babies fm in the hospital.
i also din managed to latch on well for the 1st mth so pumped exclusively but after 2nd mth so fed up of pumping every 3 hrs, tried to latch on, didnt bring pump or ebm out shopping and just latch, luckily managed to do it, after that i only pump when bb not with me, otherwise is latch, much more convenient, maybe u can try too....

J-A
i didnt collect leh.

Ag
i tried to get the milk sample from the nurse..she gave me a box which contain 6 bottle inside..but in the end didnt give to my son..cos i was on total breastfeeding..then half a yr later expired n i throw away...hahahah

JA, so latching is more convenient? I also dunno leh, I wonder how and when to know if bb is hungry. I see my fren so busy when going out, seems to be latching every 2 hours so busy.Gleneagles also dun give milk and bottles leh, I tried asking they said they dont have.

hmz my #1 latching did not work for me so i pump exclusively and then latch for comfort feeding nia haha ..
my #1 they gave me 2 glass btls samples lor ..

i use milk btls to store bm cause can use when bb grow up as normal milk btls lor ..

AG,
YES!! imagine when go out i pump and hb bottle feed her in the nursing room, double job... my girl was on scheduled feeding so is quite ok. u will know when to change side after some time, if not can feel breast emptied, can switch sides already. finding nursing room quite a hassle as some abuse it and very limited, so i also learnt how to breastfeed in public using cover sitting down. some mummies v power can do while walking, shopping...

this time dont think will bother to ask for the milk samples or glass bottle already..haaa..now must pay for FM even if consume in hospital $1 each and some FM brand change to plastic bottles...wish for a smooth breastfeeding career
happy.gif

I hope can latch this time mah, that time mine cracked so painful and had to rest for few days and after that I dont dare to try liao. btw, what nipple cream is good, must buy to standby.

ag - i use medela (when its really really cracked) and avent ( for nt so cracked) cause medela is too sticky for me haha

Aixin: Same sentiments as AG on the maid working at 2 places. It's your words against her words, so be careful about it.

Ninger: My gyane say baby is growing just nice, not too tiny and not too big, but he did hinted I should start watching my own weight. Hahaha

hi all

i juz went the bugis shop to buy some bb stuff...mainly for at home use.. =)

tmr will be the start of my first childbirth class by mrs wong...

Hi zrats,
So u went to the bb shop at bugis? How's the quality of their home wear clothes? Did u see any white rompers n stuff? It's not EZ to find though coz I only have a few pieces from some fair my sis went and bot for my nephew n it's been passed on to my no.1. I tried looking out for them but no luck so far.

Hi ladies, I went to the babyfair earlier. repost what I post on FB. Its so small, selling mostly bb clothes. Set of 5 Carter's rompers selling at $15, bibs 3 for $10, pj $10, avent sterilizer $105, Pack of 2 pacifier at $10. Gap pj for kids at 2 for $20. That's all I remember
happy.gif
I spent $60 on clothes!

I used medela nipple cream before and didnt like it leh..its so sticky and smelly to me. but I think meleda is the best for worst scenario rite. thanks ninger, hope it turns out well for me but I dont have high hopes.

Hi all,

Just back home from check up. Got yeast infection, so doc put me on medi for 10 days, lucky checked baby was ok and no sign of water reducing for water bag.

AG, did u manage to c any play floor mat as I tot they having promo for this item?

Np AG, think I go take a look tml. It was my hb so into buying this. He like big kid, c those cute cute nice nice big things then want to buy for bb. Now he has ben looking at toys. Really dunno to laugh or to faint.....

Hazel,

It's good that your hubby is willing to buy. My hubby everything also didn't/don't want to buy, even though we saved a lot of money by getting hand-me-downs already.

Ladies, I want to ask for your advice. I will be getting a maid soon. She will most likely come in June. Should I also get a Confinement Lady?

My hubby only buy necessary items. But for those things he gets, those are all with good quality. After all, is still our child.
Dot, I supposed that my maid coming in June 1 too, for the first two months, we trained her to do housework. If u want Chinese cooking, you better get a confinement lady. But to me, I got my mil to cook for me, so basically,aid can look after the baby and my mil will cook for me. Hence I did not engaged confinement lady.

Good morning.

Dot, it fine and good to have hand down things. We just buy one or 2 things that was not given. Like yanlin said quality is still important and just buy things that is necessary that is important. As bb tend to out grown fast so really a bit waste of money if one tend to buy extra things.

As for CL, u have to depend if u have mother or mil that can help to cook for u then think it won't be that necessary unless u have no one to cook for u and prefer home cook food. If not u can consider catering for confinement foods too.

BTW, anyone kw how many pairs of mitten and booties is consider enough. As after go through the hand down we realize there are not mitten and only a few booties we have as most wear and tear.

BTW, think there promo for the medala pump too at baby expo sale but can't really rem how much. Think $600 plus with freebies.

Dot, it's prob good to have a CL cause I doubt your new helper will be able to help with caring for a new born.. If u wanna have ample rest, then it's prob good to have a CL or an elderly who can help u..I have friends who did their own confinement and it's pretty draining.. Ya new helper might not b able to whip up confinement dishes too..
happy.gif

It's good to have hands down.. Last time, I want also don't have cause mine is the first in the family
Just buy what's necessary but dun need to overspend cause for eg: stroller.. My girl don't even wanna sit in the stroller.. Think I only use mine less than 5x haha

Hazel, think 5-7 sets shld be more than enough.. Cause u can wash and hang it dry the very day n reuse it when it dry
happy.gif

Dot for me if hb don't want to buy, I just buy without telling him, usually it's those nice to have but don't really required ones:p for big items it's better to have consueus. For mittens, it's better to buy new ones since they put into their mouth so often and very cheap too. I bought about 8 sets cos need to change so often. We need more mittens, booties not as much cos weather so hot and don't get wet easily.
To be, maid is just to do housework. They won't be able to help u do confinement. U need a confinement lady or elderly to help cook bathe n look after baby. Else u Wong be able to get any rest. Imagine breastfeed, make bb sleep, then settle urself, how to rest. I recalled my confinement is the best, all I do is eat, pump n sleep. While i pump still can watch tv without worries. So I really rested well. 2nd month onwards so tiring cos no time to rest at all.so it's really impt to rest well during confinement.

A good CL and a good pt cleaner will do the job unless u have really alot of cleaning in general. Idk wad's the package for other CL but my CL does everything. From cooking for me to cleaning to taking care of my new born and when she cooks for herself she'll cook for my hub as well and she's gona take care if my no.1 for me also. So does my sis CL did for her.. U may want to check out those who does it all rather den to have the trouble to get some many pple to come and do things which one can do.
Having maid is such a commitment..and don't expect much from them within 2 mths esp with cooking and caring for new born. Saving us all the trouble and frustrations, which aft much consideration we rather DIY. But there are exceptional cases just may not be EZ to get.

Dot: ultimately, it boils down to your preference and more impt affordability. CL is not cheap esp in dragon yr where demand is high and many take chance to up their fees. And since many of our mothers are able to handle without any help at all, we should be able to do the same cos we are also mummies, and don under estimate the power of mummies! :D

Hi mummies, just wonder will our edd be different during every visit to gynae? Cos last fri I double check with my gynae, she insist tat my edd will not change it will be 1 Aug.

And a bit sad that I was unable to book Prof Mary as my gynae in NUH. Due she is not taking in any patient which is more than week 22. Just wonder if any of you have other recommended gynae in NUH?

Plan to go suntec baby fair next weekend. Anyone wan to join?

BTW, the wholesale shop at the si ma lu temple( goddess temple) was not open on sun. Cos when this afternoon and it was closed. Just wonder if any of u kw their operating hour?

Hazel: think after the first trimester won change le. I got ask my gynae on my recent visit and he said it will stay the same. But he did change mine frm mid-late aug to mid-early aug during my visits in my first trimester.

Dear nahnah,
Last tue's Wbb lesson very entertaining and informative hor? Can even go around touching other mummies' tummies! My hubby been doing the hand massage for me every nite! Looking forward to him learning new strokes tmr! Hehe. Better go earlier to chope a nice spot where I can lean back!!!

Dear hazel,
My edd was 15 aug, then recent scans I saw 11 aug and most recent one became 5 aug!!! My baby is on the bigger side. I think gynae will still refer to edd as the original date, just that the machine auto-calculates based on baby's measurements.

Dear Joanne,
So good to have long feng tai! Will be so amazing!!!

Re: babies weight
I thought measurement of babies weigh nos is not too accurate? What's more accurate now is measurement of tummy circumference? Am unsure tho.

Hi sasha
Can u help me asks wong boi boi tt if hep b carrier can do breast feeding tomorow? I did asks doc Loh n he say no problem.. Just want double confirm fr her too.. Thk u.. Oh, holiday oso got lesson huh... Tts gd..;)

Hazel: Edd changes due to the size of the BB, which is why my gynae will based it on my LMP as a guide.. I think thats the most accurate unless baby decide to see the world earlier.

@LittLeCoCo: the quality ok la...mainly for at home wear so i dun mind la...but din buy a lot as yet...maybe later on when cfm bb's weight... they dun sell rompers...

Re: EDD
the scan showed bb new EDD as a few days earlier, so my gynae asked me much earlier on if i wanna stick with the original or the new one and i juz said the original...so we have been sticking with the original one...but i doubt it makes much diff la.. =)

i gt maid and cl lor cl mainly for baby as i doubt my maid can handle the baby for me to pump in peace so the maid will learn frm cl lor also to cook ..

morning all ladies, thou on CCL tdy but seem to bz! gg to get ready cook some simple porridge for lunch with #1.

i chose my maid over the weekends ler. nation did cancel my $200 deposit for me than i thought oh well good anw. i can go to another agency to try, i went to the branch employment agency. the guy calculated n it costed 4K +, from the biodatas i only saw one i like. so i requested to speak to her on the spot, the line got thru, !!! she can speak gd english, so i started askin abt her family, hu look aft kids whn she cm sg, thn i started on duties, whn i mentioned newborn baby, she went :" oh mam~ so sorry to you madame, i cannot take good kare of newborn, my 4 childran my mather take care for me, i only tk care when the childran all bigger. so sorry madame, i dont think i am able to look after new born, its too difficult for me" .. than i was like =\ sian 1/2, found one can speak can answer can understand what i say but she rejected my job offer. ended up i still LL walk back to nation. =x

so i chose another 3 to interview, 1. too old 44YO agent ask me dun take. 2. line cannot get thru. 3.agent started interviewing for me. the agent ask her alot of questions! i was dumbfounded, i sitting in front of her i was thinkin, eh the other party is can understand bo? ask so much, then a few mins ltr agent say, nah, ur turn, u try asking her n talk to her, i say ask what? all u ask finish liao, thn agent say, jus ask what u wan or repeat what i asked, listen to how she speak n answer n see her understanding level, than my brain went 'siaoliao, sure jialat' ended up so much better than my previous choice the YESMAMMMMM (btw she was chopped by another employer) =(.. hehehe. so i confirmed this lady, shes 39YO thou. n she confessed to me she's nt skilled in cooking, so i told her no problem, cooking can slowly learn, she say ok ok ok also la. haha but i can understand her n she can understand what i trying to say. so tadah~~ end of my maid saga for now. now is waiting for application to be processed! bless me!

to those gg to nation agency for maid if gg yishun branch - look for serene. v v helpful n detailed young lady =)

anw, regards to replacement the $600 is for indo. i ownself blur. hahaha. if replace filipino within 3 mths:-
1. new - pay 288 + 140 & gst.
2. transfer - pay 288 + 40 & gst.
difference about $100.
BUT if after 3mths than u replace new maid u hv to pay everything u paid for first payment b4 the maid comes in, my case for eg: i'll b paying 1.2k.

don't too kancheong, sit dwn at the agency, ask them source for u, or see their biodata at hm first, reach agency ask them direct call for u to talk to them. at times i feel the more u call n ask the more u will wana find a perfect one (human nature)? tis thurs nation will have a new batch of maids, good luck to all still finding their maids!

eh ur maid agency fees cheaper than mine i paid 350 (after disc) and another 300++ for the insurance .. but within a yr if replace maid is 88 bucks lor + insurance

Happy,
Yes, rainbow vaccum can b helpful when we have kids. Can vacuum bed n sofa. Sterilise the air? Kids before 6 tend to b more sensitive in their airway. Many develop brochotis and if worsen can become asthma.

So far, mine is used on bed, flr, window edge, ceiling. I don't do the aircon cleaning, the gal who demo the aircon cleaning spoil my aircon. I have to call someone to service it for me.

Sashamama: My gynae say the weight of bb is infered from the tummy circumference.

On vacuum cleaner, i used dyson, small yet powerful, and not much parts to replace or clean. Works wonderful on pet dander and fur.

Back