(2012/08) Aug 2012

BBL u got the link? or do u mean Natal Essentials? i google but dun have the link to post essential leh..

Nah Nah,
Let me bring you hope. My #1 boy also shy shy so cannot see detail scan and gynea scan also cannot see keep his legs every close. Report wrote "POSSIBLE GIRL" until 1 week before due then can see so dont be sad.

Mummies,
Keep positive thought ok ? We passed through the 1st 3 mth already. We are consider safe already.

Jen > haha my house do not have storeroom. Sure can see...

AG> I guess I am the only untidy mummy to be around.. haha.

Kitty> I also insomnia problems just back from 2 days mc. and now i m staring at the laptop again.. very tired.

sandy,
so did u buy any baby stuff before that?
or just buy neutral colours?

re: CL
good ones are all booked...i dont want take risk take unknown CL...scully give me more headache...have to 自己来 with mum and helper's help...dunno can cope with 2 kids anot

My last confinement i ordered from Natal Essential, food portion nice, all taste quite not bad, likely to go back to them for this time also, likely i have to do my confinement alone again..

ET,
Ur #1 confinement u DIY w/o help?
how u do it?

JC,
no bomb shelter also?
don worry i am a untidy mum too, if i fuss too much over every single thing sure fight with hb everyday cos can b quite "nua"

AG,
can use medicated plaster, recently my hips area seem to hurt.. seems to b the same area i pull when saving a basin.

JC, we same pattern one then.. i also very nuah one.. hahhaha..

i dont dare to take 2 days mc... duno how to ans my boss when i go back... ;p

Ag ya, first one i did confinement alone, no maid, my mum will drop by twice a week for 1-2 hours to bathe baby, so actually my baby bathe every 2 days for the first 3 weeks.

My no.1 goes to childcare, so shldn't be much of a problem. Ok la, my hubby quite helpful, he will do the rest of the housework, I just need to wash my bottles and pump equipments then when baby sleep u sleep lor.. But my electricity bill went up to $400+ cos i on aircon nearly 20 hours a day.. lol..

Jen, originally i supposed to have a maid to help me, but i had to send her back in end Nov cos my mum dun like her. Then too rush to find confinement lady last min and no. 1 is a Jan bb and his EDD is during CNY period, so a CL cost around $3k, i refuse to pay this price so do alone lor.

I can't stay at my mum place also cos I have dog at home too.

MummyR,
I never buy a single one all are passed down from my SIL #2. This time dont know who is going to pass down clothings to me. LOL

ET,
How u do alone ?

Jen > no leh. my house is damn old type.. we bot resale.. and its those ah ma type where the toilet and shower room cut into 2 different rooms.. so that type dun have store room one.. but lucky when we bot it they upgraded got additional 1 toilet.. but baby wont be able to shower there.. too small to put a baby bath tub there.. dunno how to CL going to fit into the space if she wanna shower the baby there.. mayb will have to use the toilet at the kitchen. much bigger after we hacked the wall.

Kitty> high 5.. I carried on with my mc cos i got inconsiderate neighbours and I am stoning away most of the time due to lack of sleep. now till jul i m only left with 2 days mc. >__< hope baby and my body co-operates man.. I keep having nightmares about work. hahaha..

*kowtow*salute to ET*

u super mom lah, i dunno how i can manage if i don have CL.
i struggle to survive alone after CL left with jus 1 baby.

Hahahh nahnah, yes. Tomolo I am going to be carrot, let doc chop.

jljt, 1st few days of Aug... but should be give birth mid-end July. :p
Congrats so happy for u that ur polyps dropped.

my Hb will say no lor, or say he dunno how to hear. How to trust him leh? I trust my scan better, at the same time, pester him to let us know gender. :p

Jen/BBL/Sandy, thanks. :p But due to past experience and keep thinking of horror stories...I better go and spend $$$$$$$ relax my mind for a few days.....whahah.......

JC, the old type of house.
similiar to my MIL place. toilet &amp; bathroom is 2 different room. so wat my MIL did when shower my girl when bb is she squat outside bathroom n bathtub inside bathroom

Mahjong, if u really don feel gd, i agree to jus b carrot but still positive tots ok?

Jljz, great to hear that ur polyps dropped
happy.gif

jen, my gynae said can use a bit but not too often lah. I will use only when I really cannot take it. for my #1, I didnt dare to bath my boy till he is about 3-4mths old. my hb was the one who bathed my boy.

AG : mine original was 28th .. i bring to today .. but importantly is becos i got very sharp cramp .. thats why doc was concern ..

mahjong : wahh... wat past experience you've got?... I also felt nothing, in fact felt better for the past two weeks >.<
Has been thinking how's the baby inside!
My next appt is 24th... still long!
But my ligament stretching seems to be everyday sure have some pain/uncomfort leh.
Hope the week faster pass!

jljt, i am not trying to influence u, but go go go....I super scare leh. Tomolo before go must pray pray....

At least u feel better for that 1-2 days. Okie, me feel better 1-2 days... until I feel kicks la. Now I dun feel kicks too.

Jen okie thanks. Whahah. I so happy like a bird now, cos I can see baby and gender also. :p

Bright mc lor, but was during 1st tri, 6-8 weeks like that twice. choy choy.

Haiz, recently got a mummy Jul also, then last time heard 2 cases, friend's sister 20 weeks, and also kelly chan 5mths also twins....okie I shld stop.....shhhhhhh.....

To all experience mum :
when do we start using bottle ? straight after we delivery or until baby a few weeks old ? as i am planning on breast feeding , i also tink that i might express out milk then let the confinement lady warm in the night if possible .. so wondering when should i start buying the bottle ...

mahjong : omg... at 20weeks and 5 mths? >.< you will be fine lah... POSITIVE THOUGHTS!.... at least u felt kicks.... I duno how's the kick like....

Aiyo .. Mahjong .. dun say liao .. choy choy ...

Recently read too much keep dreaming abt ppl come tell me mc liao .. scare my self to death .. but today doc assurance i tink better ,... just that doc keep saying i got low lying placenta so dun carry heavy things ..

Feel like asking .. hw heavy is heavy ... 1-3kg ok ? or anything more than 1kg ?

nahnah : your short cramp was a short or long one? and was it bearable or unbearable pain?
Sorry for the questions... but I also got pain... thinking it's ligament stretching... also duno correct or not....

Experienced Mummies : As long as the pain is bearable, it is ok isit?

Jen> Thanks.. I leave it to the confinement lady.. the upgraded toilet is tough to use but if she can use that then its up to her.. The only problem with kitchen toilet to the room is that its a distance. maybe got to shut the windows all the way till baby goes into the room.. my house is pretty windy.

Bright : its short and long .. its like menses cramp .. but its specific .. the panty line at lower abdomen .. just where ur hipster panty line is .. the pain is like menses cramp .. super uncomfy .. plus knowing u got tiny one inside .. its very mind boggling ..

Jljz .. no la ... sometimes when i buy things .. maybe like grocery , its not like many many bag .. yet its a little weight .. so realloy duno hw heavy is heavy .. i dun wan like little bit things then bother to call ppl help me mah ..

Bright, I never felt kicks at all. If feel, I won go be carrot let pple chop.

Bright, if really really u scare then go see for peace of mind, but u think is nothing serious, then endure till next appt.

nahnah, buy a little bottles to stand by in case your baby dun wan to latch or drink ebm.

nah nah, yar lor I dun wan to say liao. but keep thinking, until I see scan okie feel more assured. How heavy as in ? u mean baby now shld be how heavy or?

nahnah,
its up to individual actually
some reports say u shld start bottle early to prevent bottle rejection but yet most say u shld start bottle after 6 weeks to prevent nipple confusion

for my #1, i was adamant on bf-ing him....so i only let him latch and only tried abit of cup feeding

i do have friends who started bottle early and baby refuse to latch after that

me me
my bb refused to latch..so i start bottle as early as 2-3 weeks..plus my MIL wanna feed my bb so got to express out n put in bottle..so in the end bb refused my neh neh..only wan bottle

nahnah,

don't worry.. i had low placenta during my 1st child also, detected at week 20 during detailed scan but it pushed up by itself later during the pregnancy..just try not to squat at toilet bowl for now..

i did a full genetic scan at 14 weeks after getting borderline risk for DS.. and it's highly possible i am expecting a 2nd girl.. well, i am just glad bb is healthy..

i can also feel the bb kick sometimes.. maybe cause 2nd time mum, so know the feeling..
happy.gif
for my #1, i think i only felt the kick at week 20+..

Jljz: haha ... so far is like that la .. but getting paisey ..

MummyR : so u nv use bottle at all ? only cup ?

BBL : what bottle u used ? got try to get as similiar to the neh neh as possible ?

Deliamum : thanks .. cos i keep tinking hw to push up the placenta ..then if walking alot will cause it to even lower ?So envy u , can feel kick ..

Nahnah,
Tried a few times only cos cup feeding v messy! I mainly latch only
Only after 6weeks then I introduce bottle every few days cos I was lazy to wash pumps ;p
Latching is the best way to sustain supply
From 14mths onwards, I stop pumping but still partial bf my boy till 28mths

Sandy, what u mean by how? just feed n change diapers lor, cos infant bb really shit alot!

Jen, actually once me and my boy got used to a schedule, roughly I know wat time he is sleepin wat time awake, so slowly got used..

Bbl, we really can whole hands for alot of times..

My bb also refused to latch once i discharge from hospital, he is ebm baby.. haha..

do you all experience body aches?

I'm aching all over, dunno if it's the pregnancy or it's the bed. I'm changing mattress.

Thinking of buying aireloom or serta mattress. Anyone buying mattress too? Any recommendation where to get the best value?

<font color="red"><font size="-1"> how's everyone doing? i had my 2nd appt at the gynae on the 15th, m at 15w6d than n bb open leg bigbig. It's A Lil Prince! hehehe, big n clear. bb must be telling us to stop guessing, nw checkup i let u all see. hurhurhur..

seen u all posting abt those herbs thingy. actually what chinese herb cannot take too often that is heaty? MIL keeps blame my parents for making tonic soup for me whn i had #1 as #1 came out with sticky eyes cos too heaty. now ask me not to drink! im like =( cos i like to drink the ckn soup my parents make. wad herb to avoid?

next is to inform that the bp for maternity clothes, nursing wear etc. is up, free go see see =) Rykiel's Maternity Barangs BP#2

i am gg to start shopping slowly for bb as hub keeps insisting its too early to buy, went nex jus now wanted to buy some bottles n pacifier n was blocked. boo..

&amp; i saw soemthing catchy, confinement can on aircon? =x.. i remember i was restricted to fan in the room but cannot blow me, only to let air circulate!!! ROAR! </font></font>

Got a silly question to ask... I'm week 14 now. Was wondering if baby can still do somersault inside? Last week when I scan, baby was just kicking legs but I can't feel a thing. Previously at week 12 I saw baby flipping left and right.

Jljz, thanks! Keeping my finger crossed nw. Gynae says will cfm again on my next visit... My hub super hubby! If next scan gynae is able to assure me, than e ring thingy is accurate
happy.gif

Ran under e rain yest afternoon and had terrible head from last evenIng till this mOrning. Couldn't slp e whole night.. Arrgghhh...

Back