(2012/08) Aug 2012

LouiseLS,
We bought our mattress from robinsons centre point. The price is reasonable there, esp with offers.
Prefer king koil brand as it can last long. U may need to lie on thebed to get the correct one. Happy shopping

Louise, me me, i also looking at buying another mattress for no.2 and myself.. hahaha.. But still thinking of the arrangement.

rykiel, me la, i on air con and blast fan de.. hahaha.. I also bathe everyday and wash hair nearly every day.. :p

Jriste, yes, baby still have lots of space to do somersault..
happy.gif

ET- really? But the ultrasound looks like baby is so cramped I side. And I didn't see baby moving so actively during my last ultrasound that's why I'm getting worried.
sad.gif

Only saw baby kicking legs ....

ET- really? But the ultrasound looks like baby is so cramped Inside. And I didn't see baby moving so actively during my last ultrasound that's why I'm getting worried.
sad.gif

Only saw baby kicking legs ....

Clim, mine also suan feeling but right butt pain! Gynae said i must hv strained my muscle there so asked me to stop wearing heels and dun carry my boy temporary but how to.

This morning my lower adominal area and v area when squat down or trying to sit has a piercIng pain. Anyone experience this?

morning ladies..
so tired, yst dunno wat irritated my thoart cough whole nite n nv rest enuff.

rykiel, congrats again. i was told aircon is fine if don blow u so i on the aircon thru out confinement. but must keep warm. socks long pants etc.

BBL, jus saw ur post in FB the 9 foods tat can cos mc n now i am in panicky mood.
tat day went todai n had crabs + last sat my aunty cooked oatmeal with barley dessert + i jus made salad out of a old potato.
*OMG* i am freaking out cos after dinner tat day i have been have some cramps but jus very short ones. i was still wondering if it could b due to my fibriod or overeating cos i usually i am fine after visiting toilet.

Jen,
don't freak out! it takes quite a lot of the quantity of those food mentioned to do something! if it's eaten once in a while, you'll be fine! really! =) just try to avoid for now since you know... i had lots of chocolate lor! hahaha... hugsss...

TGIF!!!

<font color="purple"><font size="+0">ET: can on aircon meh. FWAH. i shampoo one i get terrible headaches liao leh. is it cos i no bathe with herbs? u hvin no pains ar? shiok leh.. mine ah haven rain i can predict liao. =( pain, panadol wun work. must rain than get well.

jen: hmm, i that time only fan alr here pain there pain like weather forecast alr. maybe on off on off ac tis time round. hehehe!

jriste: added u ler! =D

any mummies ordering confinement tingkat? ill b doing own confinement tis time round with tingkat.
</font></font>

Louisels : we bought Napure pure latest cos warranty n comfort , cos hubby fat , so we need something that can than his weight ... Spring v fast he can feel e coil le ... My previous mattress took him just 1 yr to be uncomfy .. So latex for us .. Somemore we found out if gt any watermark on spring mattress then warranty void .. So we worry we drool or wat ... Haha ...

AG : I buy online ! Then use the forwarding company ... I found one much cheaper than vpost .. If u all buying online things from us can try .. It's call myus.com

Hair.. My sharp pain in tu,my jus gt worst n shift location ... Yet doc yesterday say ok .. Bt it's so bad that can really sleep ...

Jen, Yanlin &amp; nah nah,

You all suffer body aches as well??

I wanted to buy the aireloom elude mattress (basic with no pillowtop) from IMM showroom. $2499 with free down pillows &amp; eyptian cotton bedsheet. You think good deal?

Aireloom very new in Singapore, but I think it's not bad in USA, a handmade luxury brand used in the White House but the one I'm getting is the most basic one.

I try to hold it up - it's super heavy and i like heavy mattress type! I like the tufted look and white colour look very clinical like that.

But think I should take a look at Robinsons too.

i have been wanting to eat crabs since my second month till now (almost 14 weeks) but no one is letting me have it.

What's wrong with eating crab?

Rykiel, before i was pregnant, i have this rain time leg pain liao, u try take glucosamine? I took then got alot better and drink anlene ah..

Can ah, infact aircon better than fan, my mum rather i on aircon then fan..

Me so far ok, I shampoo the day after i gave birth, cant stand the oily head and smelly body.. I did everything that was not allowed la.. cos no one at home to say cannot bla bla bla..

jljz, thanks.. think i am so banning those food from my diet now. now i cannot wait for my next visit. 02Mar *argh*

rykiel, i was told blowing fan direct is worst.
aircon jus cool the air in atmosphere but fan if u blow if the wind enter ur body.

Louise,
ya, body aches. sometimes cannot get up myself if i lay on sofa. some back aches n this right hip area which i pulled a muscle during CNY.

Jen
not worry lo..i also had them..moderation is the key word..

Rkyiel
Me also ordering confinment tingkat..

Louisel..if u can read chinese...

1、螃蟹:它味道鲜美,但其性寒凉,有活血祛瘀之功,故对孕妇不利,尤其是蟹爪,有明显的堕胎作用。
2、甲鱼:虽然它具有滋阴益肾的功效,⋯⋯但是甲鱼性味咸寒,有着较强的通血络、散瘀块作用,因而有一定堕胎之弊,尤其是鳖甲的堕胎之力比鳖肉更强。
3、薏米:是一种药食同源之物,中医认为其质滑利。药理实验证明,薏仁对子宫平滑肌有兴奋作用,可促使子宫收缩,因而有诱发流产的可能。
4、菠菜:人们一直认为菠菜含丰富的铁质,具有补血功能,所以被当做孕期预防贫血的佳蔬。其实,菠菜中含铁不多,而是含有大量草酸。草酸可影响锌、钙的吸收。孕妇体内钙、锌的含量减少,影响胎儿的生长发育。
5、巧克力和山楂:过多食用巧克力会使孕妇产生饱腹感,因而影响食欲,其结果是身体发胖,而必需的营养却缺乏。孕妇较喜欢吃酸东西,山楂便成了首选果品。山楂对子宫有兴奋作用,孕妇过食可使子宫收缩,导致流产的可能,故要少吃。
6、猪肝:因为在给牲畜迅速催肥的现代饲料中,添加了过多的催肥剂,其中维生素A含量很高,致使它在动物肝脏中大量蓄积。孕妇过食猪肝,大量的维生素A便会很容易进入体内,对胎儿发育危害很大,甚至会致畸。
7、久存的马令薯:含有生物碱,存的越久的马令薯生物碱含量越高。过多食用这种马令薯,可影响胎儿正常发育,导致胎儿畸形。当然,人的个体差异很大,并非每个人食用后都会出现异常,但孕妇还是不吃为好,特别是不要吃长期贮存的马令薯。
8、饮浓茶:英国的一位医生发现茶叶中含有不少氟化物成分,一杯浓茶中氟化物含量可达1.25毫克。如果用来喂养孕鼠,则发现所生小鼠有骨骼方面的畸形,氟对胎儿的危害虽然尚未肯定,但还是不饮浓茶为好。孕期饮浓茶,不仅易患缺铁性贫血,影响胎儿的营养物质供应,由于浓茶内含有咖啡因,还会增加孕妇的心跳和排尿次数,增加孕妇的心脏和肾脏负担,有损母体和胎儿的健康。
9、饮酒:研究表明,孕妇饮酒是造成婴儿畸形和智力迟钝的重要原因。这是因为任何微量酒精都可以毫无阻挡地通过胎盘而进入胎儿体内,使得胎儿体内的酒精浓度和母体内酒精浓度一样。法国医学博士曾对127名有饮酒癖的妇女所生的孩子进行观察,发现他们都有共向的缺陷:单眼皮,即使双眼皮也不明显,鼻子扁平,内侧眼角眼皮外翻,脸蛋扁平且窄小,鼻沟模糊,上嘴唇薄且紧,下巴短。这种受酒精毒害、面部发育不健全的孩子约占饮酒母亲所生孩子的1/3。更为严重的是酒精对大脑和心脏的危害,孕妇饮酒导致婴儿患心脏病的约占30%。孕妇饮酒过多,生下的孩子不久就夭折的屡见不鲜.对死婴的解剖结果表明,其大脑不仅小于正常儿,而且脑发育不全或呈明显畸形状态。不少国家曾对胎儿期受酒精毒害的儿童进行智力测验,发现他们的智商都低于一般水平,大多数表现为反应迟钝、智力低下或者白痴

Louisel, I read tat crab can cause contraction tat lead to mc. But I did have friends eating crabs n delivered healthy bb. For me, prevention is better.

chocolate is my fav......... -___-"

Louise> when buying a bed make sure u ask if the bed needs to be flip.. especially when u r buying something heavy u would not want to buy something u will need to flip. i got a sealy mattress and its serving me well and no flipping of mattress required. But its up to you if u dun mind flipping the mattress once a year or what. The worry is also about forgetting to flip the mattress. My 2 cents worth.

hi mummies, i had a little bit of alaskan crab during CNY period, and ate crab throughout my last pregnancy also (not huge amounts but maybe once a week?) and my kid is fine
happy.gif

Mahjong, I think we have same edd rite? So good, u have no ms de. I still puke n puke. But, I also can't really felt bb's move. Dun think much. I believe in fate or God's will. If it's yours, no one can steal it away from u.
happy.gif

rykiel, jljz,
I also thinking of ordering natal essentials, seems highly recommended with very generous portions. Likely to just order lunch have not decided whether for how long. How is Rich Food? Have not heard of them, let me go google...

Re crabs... I just ate some last week, a bit only though hehe.

LouiseLS, how is your morning sickness? Are you the one asking abt Gaviscon? I read the label, it is essentially for heartburn and acid indigestion and acts as a reflux suppressant. My gynae mention that most of the time the vomitting comes from the acid hence this should work. The recommended dosage is 10ml up to 4 times per day but usually i only take after dinner and 5ml works for me. I saw it at Guardians at taka yesterday. I think they have the liquid and tablets form. Mine is the liquid one.

JC, I think no need to flip the mattress as it is a tufted one.

It is definitely not as comfortable as those with pillowtop (but it feels quite good already just not as luxurious as the pillowtop type) but I read that pillowtop disintegrate faster than the mattress &amp; as sewn on the mattress, you probably have to change a new one altogether. If need be, I can buy a good goose down mattress pad with better quality bedsheets to improve the comfort level. But this bed has the support system and looks sturdy enough.

Would like to share my view on marriage n pregnancy. Have a friend divorced as her Hb has another chin ger right after a year their first bb is born. Married for 7 years n desparate for a child, finally have one but ended up divorce. W went through pregnancy alone as hb need to base outstation n she was a strong woman n thought tat, she juz wanna be supportive to her Hb. Dun wanna stress him up with small little things like ms during her pregnancy. Even after bb was born, she also try not to trouble her Hb with bb matters n confinement matters. The end of the story is, the man said, u r too strong, u can take care urself n bb well even w/o me but the chin ger cant. She needs me. I think, wat I learnt is, we muz get our Hb involves in our pregnancy n bb development. Muz encourage n lead them to throw away old thoughts tat all these are women duty.

hi yogi, yup I'm the one asking about gaviscon. My severe vomitting has subsided somewhat but I still feel nausea throughout the day &amp; maybe vomit once a day or every other day.

Pardon my chinese:
薏米 is barley right. It will cause contractions maybe induce miscarriages &amp; 菠菜 is spinach that will prevent the absorption of calcium? What is 钙 &amp; 锌?

QQ,
thank you for sharing! and indeed, fathers aka husbands play an important role in the pregnancy stage as well! =) it's a couple thing and not just about the mommy alone!

for first time mommies, it will get a little bit trickier in having to maintain the relationship with your hubby while you are so immersed and so in love with the newborn that has just arrived! i made the mistake. i neglected my husband. it took me about 10 months before i'm able to break free from the "total" focus on my #1! by then hubby already felt unloved.. unwanted... stayed out late outside.. didn't really want to be involved in the parenting...

another thing is that we mommies thought that whatever things we are doing for our babies is always right.. and we may always expect others to follow our style... fathers will feel a bit pissed abt this and slowly not wanting to help in taking care of the bb cos man are more afraid of us nagging at them lor! hahaa...

so jia you jia you! =) have a talk now... discuss how your husband can help when the bb is born... and really get him involved! =P

for a start, get your hubby to join in EVERY consultation with the gynae to see the growth n development of the little one!

qq, i think the guy is just making excuses. If he never strays in the first place, where does the chinese gal come about? He is really a bastard, trying to push the blame to your friend &amp; make her feel bad about it.

Tell your friend that she is not to blame. She must love herself because nobody can do that except yourself. Sue for child maintenance.

For the chinese gal, of course the chinese gal needs him. She needs any man who can give her money. Call me prejudiced but I don't think very highly of them. If that man loses his ability to make money, see if the chinese gal will need him or not?

yogi08 > i used richfood for my confinement in 2010... the food was quite yummy and with good variety. i told them to omit ginger and alcohol cos i was breastfeeding and they did with no fuss. highly recommend!

han,
hahahaa... actually i prefer rich food menu.. seems so much yummier!!! hahaha... but actually when the alcohol is being used to cook, the alcohol content would have already been evaporated right?

Morning Mummies!!

Think eat in moderation should be ok la.. i eat crab almost every alt week cause PIL likes to go JB to eat seafood le..

jljz, since day 1, I have been negotiating/ pushing most of the responsibilities to my husband not because I think they need to be involved so that they will not feel left out but because I think it is not fair that I am suffering so much. Hahha

So I will only breastfeed &amp; in charge of buying what baby items. he will be in charge of all the others &amp; payments. We will share the midnight wakies to feed the baby.

He is trying to push the midnight duties to my mum the heck of him. My mum is so old already. So irresponsible. Man has to be pushed I tell you. You cannot give in without a fight. In fact we have a big fight before about how irresponsible he has been that we almost broke up. I moved out for two months in my first trimester &amp; thinking of being a single parent then.

jljz > i should think so, but i guess i was a first time mummy so at the time i was more paranoid. plus, after i ate the first confinement meal i was sweating like a pig, like buckets of sweat! not sure how this was going to affect my bb so i thought safer to just take out the ginger and alcohol (ginger is said to make jaundice worse)

QQ, very true indeed.
i learn that women shd always be "xiao nu ren" in front of hb to the extend act dumb n vunerable at times.
sorry to say men r men needs a ego boost sometimes.
n if u have a MIL like mine, u will need to fight attention too.

first time mummies, really must note not to neglect ur hbs. always remember to let hb come back to a welcoming with a lovely wife n adorable bb. spend alone time with hb whenever possible. remember hb is also tired from days work n yes we r tired from caring for bb whole day but if u dump bb to them once they reach hm they will start coming hm late too. n remember intimacy is top priority, consult gynae n discuss with ur hb when u r ready.
my fren's hb avoid intimacy after witnessing childbirth n maybe trumatised by wat he saw, crowning, vaginal delivery etc. so maybe its not a gd idea to force ur hb to c the crowning n delivery parts too.
antenatal class shows such videos so maybe its a gd prep to c if ur hb is "brave" enuff to witness all these.

Jljz: u got any good Tingkai to intro? my hubby wants to do confinement by ourselves. Will be challenging because is our first baby.

nahnah,

walking is fine la.. just don't go overboard.. yesterday weather too hot, i nearly fainted.. scared my colleagues.. haha

QQ,

ya i agree with LouiseLS that they guy is making excuses. i always go for my gynae appts alone, cause go during lunch time no need to wait and my hubby says he's so lucky to have an independent wife like me.. yup, ur friend is not to be blame.. think the guy just wanted someone new..

eating crab is fine but in moderation la.. i took once every month during my no 1..

i will be ordering confinement food too.. hmm seems like natal essentials and richfood are recommended here.. hehe..

YEAH! TGIF!
happy.gif

Jljz, yup, u r right. With MS, I get a bit moody n take my Hb for granted, keep on claiming tat he wouldn't understand wat I'm going through n so lazy to explain why I feeling this way n not tat way. Lucky tat, Hb is very patient n go n find his on reading about pregnancy.
Louisels, ya lor. I think wat tat man's claim is juz an excuse. he didn't even take any action to salvage the marriage even the w begged him to think of their bb's sake. Eh, he did 'salvage', he was saying tat the chin ger already sacrifice to live with them w/o wanting legalised status as loving him too much, why the W can't accept triparties relationships n insisted divorce if he still wanted the chin ger?? After divorce, tat man is unhappy with the child maintenance n properties allocation.
I even have nightmare tat my Hb looks for chin ger n I cried with my bb. Not becoz i cant survive w/o him juz felt sad for my bb. Haha.. Not confident n trusting my Hb. Think may be, my mum always told me since young, dun trust man even till u r burried.

Samantha,
hahaaa.. i'm new to confinement catering also.. just that by the reviews i read online... i zoomed into these two companies! hahaa... early bird discount for rich food is one month before delivery date.. so i guess we still have some time away before deciding!

yogi,
looks better rite!? hahaa... i'm drooling and very hungry now!!! hahaa...

QQ> I agree with Louise.. The guy is just making excuse.. No doubt we should let our hubby be involved but no matter what, there is no reason to sway. If he is so into kids, he would have care and show more concern to his wife and would want to get involved somehow or rather.. but looking at the fact is that he (my assumption) did not or may not try to get himself involved. I believe preggie also need comfort from hubby for going thru the tough times.. He is obviously busy with the foreign talent.. sighs.. The effect of allowing tons of foreign talents from that country flowing into our country.

I agree it takes 2 hands to clap in r/s or marriage but if anyone swayed away from the marriage or r/s, whatever reason is more like an excuse.

<font color="green"><font size="+0">jljz: i into natal essentials too! hehehe.

et: now can take gluco? sibeh headache u knw. esp pek hor. wah. wan rain dun rain. my head will burst. =( mine is more on head. head can eat wad? hurhur. so confinement i shall try the ac. =x

jen: got logic also. hahaha. =D

bbl: which one u looking at? shareshare?

yogi08: yeayea! maybe we shud all gather n place orders together. HAHA.

now i will go google richfood n natal essen. thn compare. hehaho.~~~

</font></font>

Jen, ya, i was told by a friend not to let hubby witness the delivery, so i keep asking him to stand beside me, cannot go see there.. But end up, before i deliver he had a stomachache and we both release at the same time, hahaha.. It was a joke that till now i still suan him.. hahaha..

For first time mummies, if u are breastfeeding, then be prepared that you won't really want to "do it" with hb de... Plus hb also doesnt really want to touch the boobs with leaking milk.. hahahaha..

Men, I seen so much men leaving their wife for other woman le.. Whether got kids or no kids.. Its kinda of sad..

rykiel, i dunno can eat glucosamine anot leh, better check with gynae first.. Or u wash hair at night no wait for it to blow dry then sleep with fan? Cos my mum say will get headache and she always scold me for washing hair then sleep..

Back