(2012/08) Aug 2012

Ayukie : did u buy during the cold storage promo ? i stocked up quite a few packs cos they were going for $9.80 for 2 packs of 24s

joanne - eh i just went kiddy palace nvr see sale leh ..

i bought new born pampers at 8+ per pack with 5+5% disc tho ..

put abit in bottles n teats and then use the bottle brush and teat brush repsectively and then wash out lor like using normal detergent only its made of edible food ... stereilize after wash ..

Hi Ayukie
Which kiddy palace u went to? I bought 3pkt new born pamper at $19.90.. Still abit more ex compare to ntuc sale half year ago.. Where $8plus for two pack..

Hi star n ayukie
I use only pamper brand at night and cloth diaper in day time.. If go out then pamper brand too..

Oh, pls correct me if wrong... so means use the detergent after each feed and sterilize only once at night right?
Or use the detergent only once at night just before sterilize?? Thk u..

I use NB pampers for my #1.nahnah, 9.80 for 2 packs, that is very cheap. the medical hall near my house sells it at $7 per pack for 24s. I thought that is cheap liao. how many packs we need to stock up hah?
joanne, usually I rinse it first and before sterilize then use detergent to through wash it. I will wait for 6 bottles before I on my sterilizer, I know some ppl are particular and once sterilize, must use within 4 hours but I dun really follow this.

Hi sashamama, wat happened why given 2 weeks HL?
Btw, I tot gynae usually only give MC instead of HL?

Btw, like to check which brand of baby clothes detergent is more recommended?

jljz - my next appt with Dr Wong is on 25 May
happy.gif

Btw, what brand of fish oil are you ladies taking? Used to buy it from my gynae but looking for other alternatives. Any recommendations?

Ayukie: that would be too xiong for me to use goo.n in the day. XD

Some time ago got one mummy asking abt belly support belt, did a read up on it seems to be good to relieve pain and aches on the pubic area and lower back pain and also for those who experience huge pressure at the lower tummy. I intend to try out cos sometimes bb would be very naughty and squeeze all her weight at my lower tummy, putting a lot of pressure ;( any mummies who tried can share experience here?

beetlebug,
hahaa.. initially we wanted to 25th too! but hubby said to delay and change to 28th instead! sighhh...

hazel nutty,
i use the kodomo one...have the baby clothes smell after washing
happy.gif

joanne,
i use the baby detergent every i wash and sterilise every time before use
happy.gif

re:diapers
i use pampers/mamy poko at night
recently tried merries for #1...its v good but ex!

MummyR, have u try other brand?

Btw, like to check is it that we can't use normal dishwashing detergent like mama lemon to wash the milk bottle? Have to buy those specially for milk bottle one?

MummyR: Merries around the same price as mommypoko? Actually when I feel the merries, it feels like the laurier free pad. Hahaha

Hazel: I'm not going to buy any specialized detergent for baby stuff, will just use normal one like mama lemon. Not say cannot use but have to take extra care to throughly rinse out the soap.

Hazel> Think those baby detergent is more mild... But its fine to use mama lemon too..
My mum say these days ppl so many 'pattern' ahahahaha.. last time, where got so many brands of bottles and teats to choose from.. all also use normal detergent and sterilise with just boiling water hohoho

hazel hutty,
for washing detergent i try pigeon and pureen...still like kodomo
if u r comfortable u can but must really rinse thoroughly
for the baby detergent its is less mild and not very soapy and it can be used to wash veg and fruits one...so touch wood not clean still not so dangerous
happy.gif

if u have helper washing i tink buy baby detergent safer?

starfantasy,
im comparing the pull ups
when merries on discount, its still more ex then mamypoko...but it can last much longer than other diapers

MummyR, Sherry

If that the case, I think will buy a pack during my confinement to c how. Cos after that, I will be doing the washing myself.

Thks Ag and MummyR for ur advise..;)

Hi beetlebug
Why u want to get ur own fish oil.. I still think is safer to buy the medi fr ur Gynea than off the rack as we wun know in detail what other substance is in it..;)

Sorry to intrude mummies

I had overstocked on baby hankies/washcloth and trying to clear them now. It's 100% Cotton Hanky/WashCloth from Korea and good for face and body. I use them for cleaning my girl's face, mouth, and also use it as a drool bib. Even my CL commented its very good as its very soft to the skin and yet very durable, withstanding frequent washing.

7034867.jpg

They come in packs of 10 at $8.90 each. If you get 3 packs and more, its $8.50. Postage is calculated separately or collection can be arranged.

Please email me at [email protected] if keen.

Do not reply to this PM as I am using my friend's account and she is on confinement now. Don't want to disturb her. Thanks

MummyR: i guess still long for me to look at pull ups, wait till i survive past the first few months first.. Haha. I read in some reviews that goon still surpasses merries in terms of asorbency wor. But goon is not widely available
sad.gif

MummyR: i guess still long for me to look at pull ups, wait till i survive past the first few months first.. Haha. I read in some reviews that goon still surpasses merries in terms of asorbency wor. But goon is not widely available
sad.gif

Hi Kitty, JA and Jen, I'm staying near buangkok mrt, in the same neighbourhood as you ladies.
happy.gif

Recently, have been having constipation, really bad, got blood. Do you have this symptom?

cool, maybe we can meet up at compasspoint when our hubbies are not ard! i can do meet most sun for lunch cos my hubby goes for courses.

movenpick, sometimes i have too.. i can feel my muscle split, then got blood. guess we have to drink more water n eat more fiber

missyaladdin: added u =)

mummylee: yeaps, idk another name is called what, but that time was a aunty to help me deliver. so its a midwife =)

went chkup last fri, bb at 28wks,1kg,headdown.
nxt visit in 1mth time, gynae gave back same pills, the ganilia multivit n iron pills. i was given ccough syrup for cough n phlegm, was told can go family gp also np if i dun recover. prob nw is i gt no voice. nose shit also got blood. v headache. =\ too heaty liao i tink.. can eat or drink what?

cramps: anyone got leg cramps? not when sleeping, when awake. last evening i cannot walk properly. walk time keep wan cramp wan cramp must faster sit down, walk time the calf muscle sddnli tighten and the toes like wan cross.

maid: my gf just gave me a number to call in MOM to self check on the status of the FDW application; 64385122, press option 1, 2, 1 than still hv i cant remember, after entering IC will be directed to customer agent, she will ask u when apply who apply for u, i just told her agency n roughly last week date than she check and told me approved ler. this step is just to make sure the agency has sent in your application. if approved means nw jus waiting for the other procedures to be done at the embassies =)

confinement: the da feng cao for bathing, u all will use it to bathe everyday or once a week?

AG : the pampers promo was at cold storage till 10th only .. i bought like 10 packs .. haha .. too much cos i ask my colleague help get cos many cold storage out of stock then end up she just one shot buy 10 ...

Star fantasy : i bought the belly support belt liao ... quite like the mother care one but they got no more M size island wide so end up i bought from taka .. damn ex.. but it did provide some form of support cos i have alot of pain then MRS wong Boh boi say could be the weight .. then yesterday gynea also say good to get support ...

Went for checkup yesterday ... doc say nw is 28-29 weeks , baby head turn down but placenta still low ... now baby weight at 1.2kg - 1.3kg .
It seems heavy i feel but doc say normal ... any one ard the same due date as me (3rd aug ) knows the weight of baby ?

bbl: thanks babe =) tink ill start stockin end july. the medical hall ppl will teach hw to use it right?

nahnah: im due 02/08 =) bb weight 1kg for me

Rykiel : I gonna faint.. i so scare baby big size same like hubby ... anyway hw come is 1 month then see doc ah .. doc ask me see her ever 2-3 weeks from nw on

@nahnah: my bb weighing abt 1.2kg at 27wks 6days..i dun feel quite heavy as yet la...but nowadays is more of bb having alot of movements throughout the day...but heng bb will sleep with me... hur hur..

oh dear...i tot bb size is ok...but seems like mine is quite heavy!! =(

my nx appt is also 4 wks from now...so wondering if after the nx appt then will start the 2 wks once...

Rykiel,
the da feng cao..u put the pack in water and boil it..wait till cooled to the right temp then bath with it..u need a big big pot

from 32week onward is every 2 weeks..then 36 is everyweek..

nahnah: idk leh. doc schedule 3wks n 4wks. than i change all to 4wks. hahaha.

beetlebug: added u =)

bbl: fwah. think i must standby a big pail to pour the dafengcao into the pail after cooking. hmhmmmm.. where can get the powder for head? any idea?

hi mummies, I am new to this forum. hope i am not too late to join the group. EDD 4th August, not sure if bb will come out earlier. anybody join the July group?
happy.gif

currently, bb weighs 1.1 kg at week 28.

Rykiel: i was told that the powder for head is not good for our scalp. it actually clot the pores. you don't intend to wash your hair?

Rykiel
dont use the powder, i bought for #1..disaster..my hair was tangled after i use the powder..cant comb at all..then all the dirt struck on my comb..comb also hard to wash.

if u wan u can go chinatown the cheong choon store to buy..

Rykiel: i really think it's alright to wash hair, as long as it's warm water, just be more careful not to have any wind around u before ur hair is throughly dryed after that. On doc visits, i think min at the last 2 months doc should schedule twice every month le?

Nahnah: i also bought the belt ytd, brand's emma jane. Found that it's not really comfortable to wear in office whole day cos sit down most of the time. So i think when need to stand for long peoriods or go exercise (brisk walking) the belt would prove useful.

starfantasy: previous confinement i washed one time only v gaolat liao. cos b4 preggy i alr got 偏头痛。 =(

bbl: dun use powder.. hmm wad u suggest? dry shampoo is it powder also? i just dun wan it to be smelly n oily =(

loves: dun intend to. my head is like weather forecast. #1 time i 偷洗 one time alr v gaolat.. ROAR.

shareshare with u all smtink i got online kks. idk if u all like la. but i like. i gg get other colors tis time round let me knw if any1 wan to join in=) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15126507089 $7.40/- idk cheap to u all ant. lol.. anw those who missed my bp link is here, maternity wear or bb clothings go looklook see see. i wan go koons liaosh.. tmr than chat with u all. feeling sleepy aft dinner n muahchee!! i ate muahchee despite no voice. tis wk cfm gg get mc!

<font color="red"><font size="-1"> Rykiel's Maternity Barangs BP#4</font></font>

Hi,

Good to know so many Aug MTB staying near Buangkok. Indeed we can arrange playdates as our babies are around the same age.
happy.gif
BTW, my EDD is 3 Sep, so I'll be the last one among you to give birth. I join this thread as this is my 2nd preg and I may give birth early.

Hi hi all,
Wan to check did ur gynae tell u the bb weight every time when u all checkup or u all have to ask?

Cos till date, my gynae only tell me bb growing well but never mention bb weight to me. And I also forgot to ask every time when I heard them said bb is growing well.

Back