(2012/08) Aug 2012

Good Morning all MTB!
~~~Santa Claus is coming to Town~~
Wish all of you a Merry Merry Christmas and have a great time with your hubby!

For all you know, this year is the LAST XMAS we can enjoy as a couple (with little beanie in our lovely tummy)!
Hit the town and take photos for memories!

BBL, so u shld be abt 6 weeks?

Rainbow I just told my boss yesterday. But I super patang. Only my hubby, boss n 1 sis sort of know.

BBL, I still take chocolate cake n a little tea in moderation.

Yeah, today got headache. So I hit on the bed whole day. Tml will shop for maternity wear. I can't wear all pants n dresses now. Got to get new one.i m going to get it in jb. Anyone wanting to go with me?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Yr all
happy.gif

Merry Xmas to all.. Didn't enjoyed this year Xmas as my MS is sooooo bad.. Now I turned off by my fav food.. I even turned down my mum's offer of abalone which I would never reject in the past..

Good Morning All,

Merry Xmas!!! May all blessed with no MS or minor MS in this Xmas Day..
happy.gif
Really hope that my bb gives me holiday today n let me have a wonderful Xmas meal..
happy.gif

Hi all,
Today I feel no symptoms of pregnancy at all today. Feeling weird. No frequent urination, never have MS at all, good appetite today.

Hi merry Xmas. Currently on KL now. And my son became super cranky n insist I carry him. I dying of exhaustion. Not feeling well. Keep burping. Feeling nausea. No energy. Feeling cold.

Hi All Mummies,

I'm new here too and just get to know I'm pregnant.

Based on online calculations, EDD should be end Aug.
happy.gif

Can someone tell me what to do now? I have not visit or make appt with any gynae? Can I just walk-in to Thomson Medical Center or Mt A to check?

Ho, no need walk in to tmc or mt a, unless u experience spotting, take your time to find a gynae, nothing much to scan now at this stage.. Just take folic acid daily will do.. Now u shld only b around 4 weeks, ard 6 weeks then can hear heartbeat...

Thanks ET.. Ic.. So I can visit any clinic for scanning by then? I thought is to get a gynae now and he/she is fix to u all e way... Sorry if I sound stupid :p

Rangerlove,

What you can do is to shortlist the gynae now and thereafter book an appointment. After the first visit, your next one shd be a month's time.

Can buy the folic acid from guardian but i think might need a prescription from doctor. I went to gp to confirm my pregnancy n she gave me a prescription.

Ya I got my folic acid from my gynea when I told her I am planning for one. Had been eating 5 mg of folic acid everyday before getting preg.

It's contradicting. I just went to get a multi vitamin and it contains folic acid. Suppose it does good. However, I read that vitamin A is bad for baby. But the one i got Centrum Multi vitamin contains vitamin A.
sad.gif
I think i better get a gynae to prescript.

Too much vit A can lead to blindness in foetus. If ur vitamins are Prenatal kind, should be ok.

Of course best to get gynae to advise on multi-vits.
My gynae is pro-natural, prefer that I eat a balanced diet and get all I need including DHA from food. Even when I had a bit of iron deficiency in my previous pregnancy all he gave me was a list of food rich in iron and asked me to eat them.

My diet is somewhat unbalanced now given that I have quite a lot of nausea and MS. But after MS goes away, I will make it a point to eat veggies, cheese, red meat and oily fish every week. Just like when I had my daughter.

Finally back to spore. Can die man. Ya when u r preg yr little toddler can sense it n will be a superglue to u. Now I finally experience it. My MS is not helping man. Feeling nausea all day n when I just finish eating I wanna puke but nothing out.

Get folic acid from Watson. Dont need prescription. It should be somewhere near the pharmacy area. 2 yrs back was fifty a pack consists of 10 pills

Ya, no need prescription for folic acid, yes, it's vit b12, infact now take just folic acid will do, after your gynae visit most likely they will prescribe multi vit and dha for your pregnancy, now just shop for your gynae and book appointment, for most popular gynaes u have to book appointment first..

Welcome back BBL, understand man, just in oct, I went Korea, even though I not preggy yet, carry my boy for 8 days is no joke, every day I knocked out in bed once I hit the hotel!!

Now everyday also demand to be carried.. My hubby carry him awhile he will wanna fly to me.. Chiam man..

Hi,
Today I had Thai mango blend and sweet n sour mango.
Now feel my uterus got funny felling.
I m worrying sick now. Anything happening?
Or I m not supposed to have it?

Yanlin

Haven't heard that we are not supposed to eat mangoes. Don't worry. I don't think they caused your cramps. How bad are the cramps? If bad, need to see dr. If mild, just monitor. Take care

As long as the mangoes are ripe, we can eat.. even baby center also say mangoes are good.. doubt it is mango that cause your cramp

morning mummies..
MY MS kick in...super duper xin ku..cant drink or eat..travel in bus n mrt is a killer...hungry but not appetite..when will this ever end..

good morning mummies...

BBL, how many weeks are u now? MS just kicks in?

Rangerlove, irrc, the multi vits given by gynae is obimin or ibimin and it contain's 1mg of folic acid.

I went to unity to get 5mg folic acid and obimin but e folic acid tab stated tat do not exceed dosage so i gave obimin a missed. Mummies, anyone taking obimin and folic at the same time?

rainbow
i think 6week plus ba

if u take obimin then skip folic acid..cos obimin contain folic acid..
what i know is..1st tri to take folic acid first then 2nd tri onward then start yr multi vit..
normally gynae wont prescibe mulit vit n fish oil now..
Any mummies gotten their from gynae?

Guess I'll just wait for a gynae to prescribe to play safe.. Went to Centrum website and to my surprise, the first sentence i read was Centrum products are not suitable for pregnant or breast-feeding women. But it was not on the box. Sweat manz

yeah sometimes it happens.. Got once i woke up in the middle of the night.. like 2.30am and i L/S like crazy!! tummy super pain i thought what happened.. but after crapping, it was fine.. :p

hi MTBs,

I am new here.. the news that I am pregnant was indeed a late xmas present from santa claus. We knew on 26th ... a lot of learning to do now.. please advice and help... thanks a lot...

i didnt get diarrhea, but constipation instead.. think coz i been peeing a lot, so ended up taking very little water..

having read the previous post, guess i better wait for gynea to prescribe multivitamins... will be doing to the gynae on 11th Jan. will update of what multivitamins to eat later.

For my first one, my dr prescribed folic for first trimester as this is the period where The foetus spinal cord and column close thus folic acid prevents neural tube defects. For second trimester onwards all the major organs have been formed and it is a stage of development rather than formation thus oblimin and fish oil at this stage.

Got this info from my gynae during my number one :) hope it helps

Good morning! So many new members! Hi!!!
Folic acid I got from unity, 100 tabs just $2+, cheap cheap.. I've not seen the gynae yet so dunno what she'll give, but hopefully she can just recommend me food to eat instead of all the pills...
My MS started the past few days.. still mild, just feel a little nausea near the chest and throat area, but still eating n drinking.. n it gets worst thru the day but I still manage to eat.. just a bit slower n lesser..
I think it's certain type of vit A from animal that's not good, so cannot eat liver..

Vitamin A
There have been concerns about using vitamin A during pregnancy. These concerns came about for two reasons. One was the result of a women eating vast and regular amounts of liver during her pregnancy. Liver contains large amount of the animal form of vitamin A, which is known as retinol. The other instance was linked to the use of medications for acne during pregnancy. A number of these preparations contain synthetic vitamin A.

Research has shown that there can be a problem with high doses of retinol (the animal form of vitamin A) during pregnancy. A study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that pregnant women who take high doses of retinol on a daily basis increase their risk of having a handicapped baby. The danger threshold appeared to be daily doses in excess of 10,000iu, which give you a 1 in 57 chance of having a baby with birth defects. Interestingly, also the study also supported the fact that beta-carotene (the plant form of vitamin A) is a safer alternative to vitamin A. Apparently the retinoids (in the animal version) and not the carotenoids (in vegetable version) are the cause of birth defects. Even at high doses beta-carotene does not raise vitamin A levels in the body sufficiently to cause defects in an unborn baby.

Unfortunately, this type of information causes women to swing from one extreme to the other. Doctors have recommended that no vitamin A be taken during pregnancy, the consequence of which mean that deficiency is becoming a problem. Vitamin A deficiency during pregnancy can have devastating effects. Vitamin A has antioxidant and protective properties similar to those found in the mineral selenium, which can protect against cell mutation. It is essential for healthy eyes and animal studies show that a deficiency of vitamin A has produced animals with no eyes, eye defects, undescended testes and hernias of the diaphragm, which means that breathing can be a problem.

Even worse, women who develop pre-eclampsia have been found to be deficient in vitamin A but not beta-carotene. How can this occur? If there is a retinol deficiency, it's possible that the body isn't converting beta-carotene properly.

http://www.marilynglenville.com/general/pregnancy.htm

Hi Santorini,

I read that not all cheese can be taken. those like Brie, and blue cheese has lots of bacteria which is not good for us. Do eat cheese that are made from paturised milk.

My gynae gave me duphaston and prenatal multi vits. i bought my folic acid from unity. the price went up to $3.15 when i went to restock yest!

Hi,went to gynae last week. the CRL was 3.7mm. This week is week 7, the bb CRL is 7mm. Doctor is happy and prescribe me with anti MS meds, in case i got it. SUpposed MS is kicking in soon.
Doc mentioned mango got nothing to do with cramps.

hi ladies. i hv not tested yet but i really hope i can join u all. my lmp is 19 nov and i am planning to finally test tomorrow morning. wanted to find out if we should only test in the morning or any time is fine?

elisa,

actually urs is so many days pass ur period due date le.. I think anytime also can test... before my due date, i used 1st urine in the morning also got nothing.. but after my due date, late after urine also can.. hehe

went to unity.. got 100 tablets for $3.15
happy.gif

Back