(2012/06) Jun 2012

Hi all, I'm also having my 1st month this Sunday. Decided to do at my place instead of outside cos it was difficult finding a suitable venue at short notice. Will be having 2 sessions at home - lunch & tea. Hope it will not be too chaotic.

I have also requested to join the FB group - my FB name is Hwee Ping. Thanks.

Diapers : using pampers. Recently upgraded to S size which is for 3-8kg. But find it still too big for my gal. On a few occasions, when my gal lies sideways for too long, the urine leaked out...

Ordered 2 packages of Goon diaper (NB-up to 5kg) - cos heard it is similar quality as Pampers. Price is $31.80 for 2 packs (due to 1st time discount). Wanted to order a carton but 4 pkt of NB is too much.

Bearycue : may i know how to order nepia diapers? Used to use it for my #1 but lost the info about delivery. The price sounds good... Thx!

Baby carrier : i'm also considering to buy. More for my MIL to use when I go back to work. Cos she needs to carry the bb and fetch my #1 from school.

Considering this one. Anyone use it before?
http://www.babycarriersingapore.com/pognae-baby-carriers/

The ergo offer looks tempting! But have to go down and self-collect..
sad.gif
The manduca is too ex leh...

Ginger, my baby is about 1+ week old.. So far he is still willing to suck on my nipples coz I try not o give bottles in the day. Btw how much is your baby drinking for a 1-2 weeks baby? Think my CL tried to give him a lot at night, I told the LC whom I visited she 'scolded' her. Think she overfed him loh
sad.gif

Btw, anyone of u using cloth napkins in the day instead of pampers?

Yummy! Just had my dinner of spareribs in DOM and ginger! Satisfied!
happy.gif

hopecg,
If you take the pain, then go ahead. If not don't be so hard on yourself ok? Slowly does it, spare yourself the pain, keke
happy.gif

Ssmilezz,
Err...I'm not sure if same model anot, cos I bought a few years back. Looks same but I would think they have new models by now bah...Otherwise, how to make money, heh heh...

I would still suggest you try it first leh. What if you find not suitable? Can sell lah, but must find buyer leh...

Milkdragon,
Mine is drinking btw 70-100ml now, sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 4 hours.

Wah, so many of you having full month this weekend. Congratulations!!
happy.gif

Vaccination
When is the first vaccination to be done, and what vaccination is it arh?

hi smilez,

yeah i am pretty surprised that 100 over of my collegues chip in for my baby's full month. so i bought them all the cake cards to write them one by one. indeed write over a few days and what matter most is i am happy writing all these although pretty tiring hahahha
happy.gif

mine starts from 12pm to 8pm heheeh buffet refill three times ..hehehe 130 guests spread throughout the slot.. hhhahaa going to be real squeasy i tink heheh cos my house is small hehee
happy.gif

Milkdragon,

the vacinnation at polyclinic is fresher accordingly to my fren whom is in health line hehehe
happy.gif
wich polyclinic did you book huh?

hi hopecg,

tink most of our close frens dun mind such tins hehehe cake cards can buy from beganwan solo which is easier. i have a not so good experience buying the prima deli one leh..cos it took about 7 days to arrive hahaha lucki i book the cake vouchers much earlier lor ....

Ssmilez
My fren rec tollyjoy wipes too but I silly la. Jus grab the blue ones which hv fragrance. Sitting in the cupboard for a few mths now. Don't dare to use. May try the pink ones nx time.

Moi
I bought the cup from Tmc bb shop. $3/cup

Sunbelle

YOU must be very well liked in office!
happy.gif
Which line are you in? It's the thought that counts, I am sure they appreciate your efforts.

Phew - it's going to be a bz Sunday for u!!! Don't forget to break to express BM too.

I'm actually setting up the buffet line outside my house. hehe...cos my unit is actually at the lift landing area and there's only one neighbor directly opp my flat so there's a nice big space there to set up. Will also get my neighbor to join in and we'll need to wash up the area after the buffet is over. :p Must be civic minded yah?

jomomm

I only ate meat cooked with DOM like 3-4x. I don't like the sweet taste of DOM leh. Very wierd. haha.. And I realised that drinking those herbal soup (which i drank only 3x to date) gives me a headache. I think too heaty. So my MIL and CL agreed not to boil anymore for me. Anyway, only another few more days to go and confinement is over! YAY!

Mission

Yeah, good size baby. She was born exactly at 40 weeks. In fact, overdue by 48 mins. haha..cos I ended up emergency C sec so it took awhile to get ready the op theatre if not I think would be exactly on my EDD.

Most babies put on about 1kg or so the first month. So your gal is on track!

Hope your full month celebration goes well.
happy.gif
I am also keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well on sunday for mine!

milkdragon

my girl only drinks 70ml leh..and she needs to drink every 2 hourly. Sometimes, around 1.5 hours she's hungry and makes a lot of fuss and noise. I can't seem to increase her feed amount cos she cannot finish.

Hi Smilez,

i am in civil service sector hehehe i am pretty surprise so many of my collegues chip in cos my whole division only comprises of 150 people which i do not know a lot of newcomers hhehehe
happy.gif

yeah i am excited at the tot of tomorrow but at the same time a bit apprehensive of the space if all the people came at the same time slot. but then come to think about it hor, i cannot control so what is the point of worrying huh?

wow cassandra : your boy drinks a lot leh..what is his birth weight huh? do boy baby drinks more than gal baby huh? yeah cos mine only drinks 80 ml think she is 3 plus kg now ..

Kadice : Prima has $8, $10 and $12. the good tin is halai whereas beganwan solo is not leh...so i ordered prima deli instead of beganwan solo as lots of my collegues are malay
happy.gif

order early if you intend to get prima deli hor..beganwan solo is always available. i also bought the higher value of beganwan solo for my collegues whom chip in $20 and above cos beganwan solo got $17.80 cake card too...so depends on your needs heheh
happy.gif

dun give yourself too muchie stress in this exercise ....and most importantly i chose to speak to the boss of the shop hehe it helps temendously hehe
happy.gif

Hi mission,
You can either order e nepia diapers online at www.nepia.com.sg or call to order at tel: 62262650
Tink 2 yrs ago when my #1 is using it's cheaper @$15/pkt...nw is $19/pkt but tink still worth it lor
Good thing is u can choose to mix e sizes u want, eg 2pkts NB & 2pkts S...anyway for all sizes, e price is $19/pkt
happy.gif

Sunbelle,
wow, so many guest! Have fun tomorrow!

ssmilezz,
Ok lah, I quite like. Anyway, must take this opportunity to bu. Many of my friends say this is the best chance, otherwise, in future, body will be weak. But must also see body condition I guess.

Haha...how you count the overdue by 48mins? You know exactly when she was made? =)

Good luck to you for tomorrow as well. Have fun!

Btw, when are your CLs leaving? Actually, how to calculate the 28-days? Say for example, CL came on 1Jul. Does she leave on 28Jul or 29Jul?

My mom said even after 28days still cannot drink those soup boiled with pigbone. And no seafood.
sad.gif

Mummies using Goon, is it as good as Pampers and Huggies? I have not used them before so a little apprehensive.

Any idea what will be avaliable at Expo baby fair?

I think Pampers will be at Taka baby fair but I doubt that the promotion will be as good as the previous one at Expo.

Jomomm, how come cannot drink pigbone soup? My CL still said wana boil for me.

Sunbelle, I dun have malay colleagues so I think I might still get bengawan vouchers. More outlets! Hehe. Btw I was thinking I still want to have.cakes at home for full month leh. Did u buy any cakes on ur own?

P/s: just to check, how much does ur 1+ coming to 2 weeks baby drink per feed? My CL kept feeding him a lot and I told her not to feed too much at night ( as per LC's advice) yet she still insists on demand feeding. Thought abt 60-80ml already a lot and more than sufficient?

Snowdoll,
Just to be clearer, it's the big pork bone (da zhu gu), not. The normal sparerib, etc that we normally use for cooking at home ok? That kind can. But no one can tell me why da zhu gu cannot.

Can I ask u when is your CL leaving? How u count the 28 days, is starting from when?

Pigtail - y cannot? My mum purposely go n buy n ask CL to cook lei. Also my mum told me after confinement; still can take tonic or herbal soup n those Longan drinks. She say last time ppl take confinement food up to 100 days. Her days she ate up to 2 mths.

Bb feeding - how much to feed shld b base on demand of bb. Every bb is different since size n weight r diff too. For bottle feeding, I will do try n error like start off with 60ml, if bb finish all then the next time I try 90ml, then if finish all I try 120ml the next feed until I can truly see how much he choose to stop at eg. 100ml then I know his intake capacity is 100ml.

Oops what is pigbone? I tot u referring to pigtail. My mum mention can't eat certain part of pork, so she buy mostly the "mei tiao" for me which is the most exp part of the pig n the soft bone or prime ribs or pigtail for soup.

Smilez, ur baby born midnight after Edd right.. keke tats y u say overdue by 48mins..

My baby gal drinks 120ml per 2hrs. 5Wks old. Born 2.8kg now 4.5kg.

I do demand feeding too. If too much, baby will vomit. Happens occasionally to my gal. Though I attribute it to wind in stomach not overfeeding. Cause after vomiting, I give detinox, she will super loud burp n cry for milk. I believe by e way she suckle, she drinks back e amt vomited earlier..
My letdown is way too fast.. so she chokes very often. I lazy to express before latching. Oversupply. So I don't wanna overstimulate too. When I see her starting to choke, I'll remove nipple n press to stop flow. Then relatch her.

Confinement I eat everything except chilled food n seafood n poisonous fishes like sting ray etc..

Joanne, ur mil take care after u go work? If so, pls go back in law plc after confinement. Husband n wife shld stay together..
If ur mom take care, her house no a/c then bb no slp a/c is fine.
If u bring bb home then where ur bbs slp is not up to ur mom right?
Ur boy from previous relationship is taken care by mom. Do u intend to let mil take care with baby or mom? No particular need for siblings to stay together 24/7. Some kids r weekend babies.

Tlisa

I use both goon and pampers. Goon has a more cottony feel compare to pampers. Cutting also a bit bigger in my opinion. I tried buggies but my not is very active and I find that it leaks and not as absorbent as goon and pampers. I think you can get a one pcs sample of goon at diapers.com.sg you try it for yourself to judge.

Jomomm,for my CL, she arrived on 6 Jul and her last day here would be 2 Aug. 28 days exactly.

Petrina, so lucky of u to have so much milk. Did u take any supplements?
Just to check ah..my CL told me that papaya fish bone soup is usually taken during the first two weeks to increase milk supply.afterwich, ppl dun take already.. Issit true?

I nvr take special soup. Just drink lots of hot liquids. 2nd birth more milk.. cause factory season liao.. keke

I took domperidone for my stomach wind, apparentlyit increases milk production faster than fenugreek IMO. Took 2tabs at 4am, both breasts engorged in morning till 5pm though baby drank n vomited n drank again.. can't stop milk flow.

I nvr take special soup. Just drink lots of hot liquids. 2nd birth more milk.. cause factory season liao.. keke

I took domperidone for my stomach wind, apparentlyit increases milk production faster than fenugreek IMO. Took 2tabs at 4am, both breasts engorged in morning till 5pm though baby drank n vomited n drank again.. can't stop milk flow.

goon/pampers

i would say about the same, depends if there is promo. eg the last expo fair pampers NB is 3 for $10. CHEAP!

fenugreek

i had fenugreek at the beginning too. now i am trying to cut back and hope to eventually stop taking this supplement. quite expensive, $25/bot which only last me around 10 days. wanted to switch to a cheaper brand but hubby worried those cheaper ones sold online is "not the real stuff"

however since i reduce my intake of fenugreek, my supply seems to have dropped by about 20%. Maybe pyschological effect too...

I tried domperidone.. sold at gynecologist n pharmacy. It help me increase supply by alot. 3* one tab each per day.
I found by chance as it was mainly for my tummy gas meds.

Morning ladies!

Been a mad mad weekend. I'm so glad we survived the full month celebration madness. Weather was good - not too hot and yet breezy. Neo Garden was very prompt and came at 9.45 to set up - my event was between 11-2pm. I had to call them to delay the collection time cos there were still guests at 3+ and they were very accommodating and efficient. GOBI cakes also delivered on the dot at 11am. My girl was so awake the entire event and kept staring at everyone who was looking at her. By the time everyone left, hub & I did some clean up and my girl was so shag that she slept from 6pm onwards to around 11pm without waking up for feeds. haha

Glad that we did the buffet set up outside our house at the lift landing area (we washed up the floor after the event) and got extra tables set up outside for people to eat there. Seriously, it's too hard to contain all the guests in a flat.

CL is leaving this wed. She was staring out of my window and commenting how to walk to MRT from my place. My hub was telling her, don't worry, I will send u there. We intend to let her go off after lunch. She came around 4+ on the first day anyway. She seems to be very attached to my girl - been wanting to spend a lot of time with her these few days and even asked if she can pop by to visit her.

Petrina

BINGO! U are right, my girl was born 48 mins after her EDD, hence overdue by 48 mins. hehe...she would be on the dot if not for the time taken for the op theater to prepare for my e c sec.

How u tahan the engorged feeling? Sometimes even after I express and get around 200ML+, within 2 hours, I feel full again.

Your girl drinks very well leh....i think it helps that you have a good supply. She will never worry about going hungry.
happy.gif

Kadice

It's true leh..drink lots of fluids. I drink alot. If u think about it, BM is liquid mah...if we need to produce that much liquid in the form of BM, we definitely need to have a certain level of intake of fluids right? I drink at least 3 litres a day (can be in any forms). My typical BM output is around 800ML to 1 litre. I haven't drank any fish soup thingy, but I do take steam fish every 2-3 days. I also eat this supplement called Lactagreek but i only take one dosage per day - gyn says can take up to 3 dosages per day. I think too much for me.

Sunbelle

How did your celebration go?
happy.gif
Must have had a super long day yesterday.

Jomomm

I just had pig trotter vinegar (made by MIL) for the very first time during CL on sat. haha...nice. I'd say it's an acquired taste but my MIL cooks well, so anything she makes, I also eat.

Ssmilezz, 3 litres..dats a lot. No wonder my CL kept nagging at me to drink water. She said I barely drink one flask. Other mummies drink a lot. I will try to drink more. My gynae also have me lactagreek. I took twice, got blocked ducts and I stopped. Scared leh. Dunno related anot... Though they say no relation.

Btw, why do u have your baby's hair cut during full mth?

Kadice

Yeah, pls drink more - fluids - whether it's soups or beverages. It really helps. Just make it a point to drink before you pump and after. I do that cos I am super thirsty after I pump typically.

Also do massage your breasts either before or while pumping.
happy.gif
Cos sometimes the certain parts of our breasts feel really hard, the best is to massage out the hard lumps.

No la, I don't think there's relation between the blocked ducts and lactagreek leh. If u really want your supply to increase, I think these are the basic tips that work. Most importantly, eat well and also being in the right frame of mind, if you are moody and down, it can also affect BM supply.

I didn't cut my baby's hair leh...not sure about the rest of the mummies if they practice that.

ssmilezz, my baby sucks really hard. Even my CL says so. My baby really flattens the milk bottle teats. Gosh. I hate latching on coz of the pain, but I usually dun have extra milk to pump out after latching. U do both latching n pumping?

Hello mummies, I am from the July mummy and has just given birth to my bb, but I am still looking for a CL... Do you have any recommendation pls if your CL is gd and you are finishing your confinement already? Pls pm me, thanks!!

Hi Ladies,

I am seeking some advise here. As i am beginning to bring my baby out (bringing to caretaker place, groceries shopping, or just for a breath of fresh air),but a stroller is too cumbersome and my baby is getting too heavy to carry for too long. Does any one has recommendation on sling or baby carrier.

I am considering getting a sling or baby carrier. which is a better choice? And what brand do you have /recommend? thanks!

Smilezz
Is lactagreek a medicine like Domperidone? Or herbal supplement like Fenugreek?

Petrina
I'm taking Domperidone too...2 tabs 3 times a day but dun seem to see much effect on me leh
sad.gif
sigh!

Hi Smilez,

the celebration went well with the caterer on time and guests oso on time. jus that too muchie food ..eheheh have to ask guests to tabao back leh hehehe
happy.gif

yeah mum cut a bit of her hair for significance purpose only..

Sunbelle

I ordered slightly lesser than the actual headcount but still have leftovers. :p

Cheri

Lactagreek is a herbal supplement. Fenugreek is one of the ingredient inside.

Ginger

My MIM sling just came today. Going to experiment and see if it works for me.

I also bought the Ergo carrier at the half price offer. Seems comfy and I don't think I need the infant insert - I think my girl can fit in it probably very soon. :p

Petrina

I know you are a sling expert. Any tips on using the MIM sling? I'm trying to figure out how to get my baby used to it or how to start putting her inside.

Kadice

I'm pumping exclusively now - around 4 times a day. Is there anyway to help your baby suckle less strongly? Just thinking about the pain scares me. Yikes!

ourlovestory

My CL is leaving this Wed. Er but I don't think she's taking any assignment immediately cos she said she has planned a trip with her hub end of this month.

Ssmilezz, I dun think there is any way to make him suckle less strongly leh. Even my nipples are kinda like flattened for a while after pulling out from him mouth. Ouch!!

Sunbelle, I am urgently looking for replacement cl to start asap, short term 1-2wks also can. Is your cl available & would u recommend? Thanks!

Bearycue : thanks for the nepia contact! After calculations, yes, the price is quite reasonable. Will order a carton after I finish current batch.

Ginger : re sling vs baby carrier, i guess you have to try out for yourself. For my #1, i did try sling before - quite warm for me. but bb is comfy inside. yes, it takes some practise to get the hang of it cos it's a lot of cloth. Also tried a cheap baby carrier but shoulders & back will hurt. Going to buy a new baby carrier with hip belt. hope it's be better. But mainly it should be used by my MIL cos she will need to bring bb out daily to fetch my #1 from sch.

Cyn

Aiyah, I just returned 3 recipe books for confinement cooking to my MIL last sunday. So far I only ate DOM with Chicken/Ginger and DOM with chicken essence & Chicken.

My CL's cooking is not the best. haha..but she's always accommodating and will make/cook whatever we request for. Ever since she found out that my hub loves to eat fried rice, she has been making it for him regularly.

Kadice

Ouch!! Sounds really very painful. Strong sucker.
sad.gif
My girl drinks very well too and typically takes around 15 mins to finish her bottle if she's really hungry. Initially when she latches on, she didn't want to open her mouth wide enough, but after a few tries, I think she figured it out cos she's very hungry and desperate for milk. LOL!

Smilez, YouTube have Mimi sling instructions video.Hard for me to explain w/o showing Unless we meet up.
I use kangaroo style all e time. Carry ur baby over shoulder high.
Cross her legs with toes pointing inwards.
Hold e inside cloth high above boobs.
Grab baby in e middle of her crossed legs so ur armsr vertically straight. Put baby inside while holding outside cloth then once ur hand hit e bottom,remove hand n let bb sit. Grab bb butt from outside for support then use the other hand to pull to tighten.

Petrina

Yah i saw the video and practiced practiced. :p Anyway just got the sling yesterday in the mail so i washed it today. Erm, hopefully it dries soon n i can try it.

How young can we put the baby in the kangaroo style ah? I think most babies will outgrow the cradle style after awhile. They prefer upright carry hor.

So baby is sitting like a yoga pose inside? That's how I visualize based on what you described.

Back