(2012/06) Jun 2012

Hi mommies,

Sorry to interupt. I have a piece of Bengawan Solo bb cake voucher, dated mid April 12 to sell. No names written yet, so its great for gift to friend/colleague. Original value is $7.80, im letting go at $7 only. Comes with the envelop (also no names written yet). PM me if keen. Thanks.

my first labor was long, ard 18hrs. confirm took epi, second one surrenderred after CE. cos cannot tahan to pain and only 3cm. this one is ya, maybe the pervious practicing let somehow know how the pain is. but hor actual pain b4 delivery is more painful but still can bear with. I think breathing technical somehow can help abit.
kadice, that y I din go hosp as soon as I feel contraction, cos u will be stuck to bed and then pain is more unbearable when u cannot move ard. but if water bag break then cannot la. mine intact until gynae come broke it.
confinement food, is taste is good. they delivered in a insulation bag. but I don't like the red date tea. think they got put ginger in to boil. the potion is big too.. I think most ppl cannot finish. I always cannot finish the food. 2 dishes, 1 soup, 1 rice plus the tea.

Redtea: Congrats and wow you are so calm! Thanks for sharing....hopefully i am as calm as you but knowing me as a first time mum, i think i will be panicking. Hahaha....

Amazing that so far everyone has delivered earlier then EDD.

Petrina: Congrats!! Hope you are recovering well.

Fleur: Did you experience contractions or did your water bag burst? Please share your experience.Thanks!
happy.gif

GlenE mothers:

Fuyutsuki - 12 Jun (Scheduled C-sect)
Ssmilezz - 18 Jun
Petrina - 19 Jun *delivered*
Fleur - 22 Jun *delivered*
Adeline - 25 Jun (Natural w Epi)
Kadice - 30 Jun

Nattan

So quiet today? Bz at work?

Xiaowei

me too. I don't eat durians at all. In any case, let nature takes it course.

Redtea

Can see how different each pregnancy is! So it your no 3 a boy or girl? U mentioned that you have 2 boys right?

Adeline

Seems like I'm next on the list but still no signs. Anyway, it's just a waiting game now.

Are you getting very nervous?

smilez, deebee, lili
This morning, i mak a sudden turn and try to get out of the bed whn I woke up, cos gotta attend to #1. The movement was too sudden n I felt a bone crack at my groin area. I freak out! Don't knw if its my own bone or bb's skull, cos bb head is suppose to b vry low nw. My gynae was away in Sentosa, so I rushed to anhr gynae to hv a scan. Luckily, bb is fine.
happy.gif
It mus b my old bone tat cracked n nw my groin hurts even more.
sad.gif
Oh, anyway, since its a diff gynae, I asked for his opinion abt vbac. According to him, if #1 csec cos cervix doesn't open, history will most likely repeat itself. N this #2 is also consider a big bb, she is 3.1kg nw at 36wk. Probably will b same wt as her kor kor. So difficult for mi to try vbac. Accoprding to him, if the wound rupture, most of the time bb can't survive.
sad.gif
So i guess my mind is made...it will b csec for mi. Which will probbaly b end of nex wk or early nex nex wk.

Oh, my bb gal has got long hair liao. According to the scan, it is abt 3cm liao! heehee...same as her kor kor. Guess it is in the genes.

Jasmine
Haha so good!! My #1 very qian bian one! When I escape for awhile, he will ask for me.. When I ard, he Bo chup me!

Smilez
Haha yah my job scope would then simply be milking! Haha job title: cow.

Kadice
Yah I think we dunno even if we dilated.. If only we know! Tinking abt e VE that gynae gonna do check , wah, sian diao

Redtea: I'm impressed by your birth story. U made in seems like a breeze. Envy!
happy.gif

Chris, ultrasound can see baby hair?!? Wow. Ok I'm gonna pester my gynae next week. I think he will probably roll his eyes at me hahaha.

Hopecg, whens ur next visit?

Ssmilezz: Yes i am getting excited and nervous, first child so don't know what to expect and have not felt any contractions at all.
My gynae is in Italy though and will be back next Monday and thats when my next check is, so will check and see has my cervix shorten, which he does every week now so at least it prepares me in a way.

Is this baby your first as well?

rellako > My usual gynae one cant. Bt this othr gynae cn leh. The pic on the screen is abit tinted brown. Looks lik the same screen whn I did a 3D scan for my #1. So probbaly a more expensive machine? U try to ask ur gynae lor. I was amazed too whn he told mi abt it.
happy.gif

Chris, so cool! Haha. I think like that my Gynae may not have that machine le. Till now I nv see my bb face before. Cos is either she use her palm to block or etc. Now her head down le and is v close to my skin, my Gynae say cannot see already.
sad.gif

rellako >
happy.gif
This also my 1st time seeing her face after soooo long. :p Guess God planned it. Cos today is nt my usual schedule scan either. No worries, we will gt to c our bb vry sn.
happy.gif

Chris

Thank god it wasn't anything serious. Scary to think about how a sudden movement might just hurt our little one.

Wow the machine is really cool! Hehe. I've not seen any pics of my girl up close at all.

Adeline

Yup, this is my first too.
happy.gif

Don't worry about how the contractions feel. When it's time, I'm sure you will know.

Ssmilezz: Who is your gynae at GlenE?
SO you are all set now and just waiting for her to give you a sign?
happy.gif

Are you taking a single bedder? Natural birth?

Adeline

I'm with Dr Irene Chua.
happy.gif
yeah, just waiting for my time. I opted for single bedded. My girl is really quite big, so I really have no idea if natural is Possible although gynae says still ok for my size? Leave it to god's hands. Not within my control.

Have u prepared everything u can? Your hubby startig to feel kan Cheong too?

redtea, you very strong. got contractions can still do this and that? not painful? u mean at 5am u went bk to sleep?! wow! your story very inspiring! i want the same!...without the pain. btw, what is CE?

ssmilezz, yah.. i have a prob talking to my tummy. find it very very weird. they say pineapple and liver induces labour.. so i'm goin to try! rojak here i come!

chris, really ah? i better check my chances with gynae tmr during checkup. he seemed to allow me to try. not sure if it's becos he thinks i'm persistent on it. but last time din progress cos my boy's head too big and kena jammed. is urs the same? btw, ur this new gynae machine very good.. and i crack my bones all the time! now after getting pregnant got more areas to crack, not sure why.

funny thing is i'm still fighting flu virus. hopefully girl only come out when my virus is gone and antibiotics days over. or else no energy.

Ssmilezz: How big is your girl now? When was your last check and when is your next check?

I have tried to prepare the most of it but i just have this feeling that i have things to do.
I think i am more kan cheong then hubby but he cant wait to see her too. I guess its the first child syndrome. Hahaha....

Liligirl

Hehe I only dare to talk to my tummy aloud at home. If not ppl will think I'm mad! Haha. oooo I miss eating rojak! I haven't had that cos worried might end up with tummy upset.

Are you taking med for yr flu?

Adeline

My girl is 3.5kg now. Last checkup on tues at 38weeks+. Next checkup next Mon at 39 weeks. Gynae wants to put me on CtG to monitor and then decide what to do next.

My hub is the more kan Cheong one. My gynae said he's worrying enough for two of us and told me no need to worry. He actuslly did most of the packing for hosp.

How long is your gynae away? Do u know who is the standby gynae covering for him?

Ssmilezz: Wow! My last check was last Saturday at 36weeks+ and my girl is only 2.54kg. Have not engaged and cervix shorten to 2.9cm.

Gynae is away till this coming Monday which is my next check on my 38week.

Standby gynae would be Dr Brenda Low i supposed as Fleur and i are seeing the same gynae and she has already delivered a few days ago.
happy.gif

So gynae has placed me on hospitalization leave so that i rest and dont pop before he comes back.
happy.gif

ssmilezz, ur hubby so sweet! with #2, everything i hv to do my own. mine is so relax abt EVERYTHING.... except maybe his expensive toys, gadgets and books. yah.. taking flu med and antibiotics now.

so now it's jus the waiting game huh? u want it early or late?

lili, ya lor, sound scary rt? Guess its my destiny.
sad.gif
last time was cos cervix doesnt open. #1 also has a slightly big head. My own gynae also sy cn try if i wan. He wil monitor the wound closely. Bt aftr hearin fr tis othr gynae, i decide nt to tak the chance.

Adeline

Yeah, that's why I say she's big. Then again, my hub and I are both rather big boned so would be funny if our child turns out so small sized. I'm pretty convinced that it's the cordecepys that I took that helps with the growth and absorption.

I never had my cervix measured before. How short must it be?

So u must rest and don't overexert yourself since you are on HL now.

Oh yah, i rem that you and Fleur are with the same gynae.

Liligal

My hub just enjoy packing and being very well prepared for everything. He's a planner. I'm more laid back type and slacker i think.

Was your hub so relaxed even for your no 1? Erm - dunno leh...early or late like not within my control hor...leave it to my girl. :p

adeline & ssmilezz, if we go according to the date, i should be after you all. Going for check up this sat, wonder if he is just gg to do a normal check up. how does gynae measure cervix shorten? my gynae only tells me baby's head is big, but can still try natural if i want but must measure my pelvic bone..dunno how he is going to do it, sounds scary..have both of you stopped work yet?

hopecg, ya loh..i dunno if gynae would be VE on my next visit anot.wonder if i can say dun check, let nature takes its course..most likely he would scold me. haha. have u checked yours yet?

Chris

Wow! Your photos are so clear. Mine is erhm... boring. Im getting all the round round images. Also dont know what is what, just that it all forms part of my boy. lol!

ssmilezz & adeline

My boy is 2.5kg at week 39. Had been trying to eat more to put on weight but its not working. At least gynae say easy to pop him out. But he is no showing any signs that he want to pop. -_-"

lili gal

Only pineapple helps induce labor? Does "cold" food like green beans and coconut helps too? My hubby's whole family & I had single digit for our birthdays... So they are hoping (which is an understatement) that my boy will be out before 9th June. Super pressurized... Everyday someone will ask me "how come you still have not pop"... -_-""" Last night, my BIL went as far as to say "what you plan to do if he still not born by 9th June" Wow biangz! Make me angry till I retorted "So what!"

Adeline, #3 Liao wor, so take it lightly and easy lor. not calm la. anyway if water bag not leaking or break, try to stay home longer, cos wait in hosp oso wait but got to confine in bed.

lill gal, CE=VE. Contraction start at 5am, that time not tat strong so sleep lor.

smile, I got 3 boys. haha..

Contraction since yesterday afternn but not every 5mins interval. It went on and off thruout the whole day and I just got the contraction feeling again. Waterbag nor blood shows so what am I suppose to do now? Is it just BH contraction?? I'm only at 37th wks. Can't be so early isn't it?

Kadice

I stopped work just on Wed so now just relaxing while I can. My gynae did a VE for me at my 38 weeks checkup this week but i think it's because I told her I had some mild contractions over the weekend and she wanted to see if they led to some diliation. But nothing la. So back to square one.

Try to relax and loosen yr muscles when he does the VE. I didn't find it painful but just uncomfortable and invasive. Haha.

Girl lady

Aiyoh don't be pressurized abt the single digit birth dates la. How to control?? They expect u to chose date for a c sec or inducement just to get a single digit birth date?! Shouldn't give u this type of additional pressure now.

Anna

Did u call yr gynae? Hope u are ok!

Redtea

I had a very bad night. Woke up every 2 hours to pee and drink water. Then I happen to see that you are posting online too. Haha

Who is helping u care for yr 3 kids? Quite a handful ! Are their age gaps wide?

Ssmilezz: same here.... I have been waking up every 2 hrs at night to pee and drink for the past few weeks le. I started my leave one week ago and I m waiting and waiting... Today is my 39 weeks and day 1!!! Endure!!! Hope to see my gal soon...

Thnks ssmilezz,

I am using enfalac. Baby been drinking enfalac from Hosp. And he seem ok with it..so i didnt change. Quite exp.

He is 2wks old now. Drinking like 100ml per 3hrs. My Milk supply cannot really meet his demand. So CL feed him with Fm now at night.

My daily routine is eat , sleep, use internet( not more than 30 mins cos will have headache) watch boring tv( also not more than 30 mins or max is 1 hr). Haiz... For the past few days is so hot!!! Although I wash my hair every day, will still find myself smelly!!! Only on air con in my bedroom. Bedroom no tv or Internet! Got to go living room to watch tv and living room no aircon... And study room for computer!!! I will like perspire once outside my bedroom !!! But there is nothing to do except to sleep and stare at the ceiling in my bedroom!!! Hahaha.... Intending to go out to get Mac Mac for lunch and the last kitty soft toy...

Galili, my #1 gynea did episotomy, very big line untilnear my piles area, next to it. It stung when I pee, and I can feel slight pain if I touch until 1.5 years giving. Irty. I read the reason of episotomy is usually becoz gynea use vacuum!

This time around, my perineal area torn by itself during pushing. Different area than the cut last time. But I don't feel any sting when peeing. Haven't really checked the wound but looks like less pain than last time.

The one totally worrying is my piles huhu. Very big now.
Btw, more info on perineal tear is on babycenter. I google tear during labour

smilezz, my boys are aged 4 and 2. the #2 now super jealous is sticky. but he's sticky even b4 bb come out liao. now he even more attention demanding. almost everything wants mommy. faint lor. they are in CCC in the day, so i'm more free up to take care of bb. but at night might hv to get my mom or hubby help liao.

minnzo,
go out jalan la.. got aircon in shopping mall and can see see look look and exercise to hv easy labour. for the nxt mth u got to confine at home liao lei.. cannot go out and so boring..

Priscilla

Feeding FM at night helps the baby to feel fuller?

Are u taking any supplements to help with yr milk supply?

Minnzo

Yeah. I know what u mean lor. I really stink n sweat a lot cos so hot at home. I dont have tv in my bedroom toobut luckily there's Internet so I can surf on my laptop or iPad. No Aircon in living room too so I end up blasting two fans at myself if I sit there and relax.

My hub ask me to go out for lunch but I'm too lazy to shower n get out of the house. :D

Groovy

How are things with u? Your mom came already?

Your piles got worsen by the pushing issit?

Morning mummies..

girllady, don't stress over the birth date.. what's more important is delivering a healthy baby. When is your EDD? Is this your first?

Anna, I think it's just BHC...

Minnzo, instead of waiting, why not walk around more? Suppose to help make delivery faster and easier.

I'm also going on leave next week since gynae doesn't give HL I have to use my AL
sad.gif
But I really don't feel like moving much now with the groin soreness. I'm praying for baby to pop next Sun so that I can pass the next phase for hubby to take over.. haha..

Redtea

Wah their age gaps quite close Hor. 2 years diff between each. They'll have tons of fun playing together n growing up bonding.
happy.gif

No 1 already went thru first round when no 2 came along. But No 2 haven't got the chance to give up his position as the
youngest yet. How is he with his new di di so far?

My tummy is a little big and I will feel tired after 1-2 hrs outside... Bb stuff more or less buy already.... And I will feel super imbalance when I see gss signs all over but can't get any new clothes for myself... Haha... Oh ya... And I m those that will need one hr to get myself ready to go out and it don't justify since I will get tired after 1-2 hrs outside... Haha... Excuses!!! I m in sales line and I need to walk a lot.... That's why I took leave in advance to rest but who knows my bb still so comfortable in my Tum Tum.... Lol

priscilla > thy do sell the milk powder. Bt for tis stage, u gotta send an email to thm to enquire n order. Btw, it is said tat if u let bb latch at nite, bm wil cm in better. Jiayou!

Nattan

Hang in there!! U are very close to taking your well deserved break. Must be a real chore to go to work recently.
sad.gif

Minnzo

Haha so not being able to participate in GSS very tough on u issit? Ha ha cannot really shop for anything for ourselves at this point.

minnzo, i know what u mean loh, when im at home, im just too lazy to step out. unless im out, i love to jalan around thought my legs already swelling like mad. but nothing much to shop for this GSS loh, all the clothes cant fit. sianz

i hope to get mc from 18 Jun onwards, think will inform my company after my gynae visit tmr...coz i applied my maternity leave from July onwards only. haaa...wonder if they would force me bring forward my maternity leave and how to rebute them if they tell me to...hmmm

Haha, like you all.. Im bored at home too. Ytd night go walk walk, ended up with serious cramp and groin pain outside. Have to stop suddenly. Hb abit confused why I wanna force myself haha. I'm thinking of going for a swim too, but scared just in case I'm dilated without me knowing then will have infection not..

Back