(2012/06) Jun 2012

Fleur: COngrats!! Who helped with the delivery, since Dr Chan is away. Gosh you delivered at your 37 week,huh?
Share the experiences and how long was labor?

I have been speaking to my girl to come out closer to EDD.
happy.gif

Jolene: Have a smooth delivery!!

Who else has delivered besides Fleur.
GlenE mothers:
(all expecting girls except Kadice)

Fuyutsuki - 12 Jun (Scheduled C-sect)
Ssmilezz - 18 Jun
Petrina - 19 Jun (Natural w/o Epi)
Fleur - 22 Jun *delivered*
Adeline - 25 Jun (Natural w Epi)
Kadice - 30 Jun

Morning mummies... looks like a wet day! Great for lazing in bed, but if you're working like me, good to stay indoors..
happy.gif

BTW, I have many boxes of Nan Mum to GIVE AWAY! If you wanna supplement your diet with the milk powder, just let me know ya? I don't drink it and it's a waste to throw away. I can meet up in town area to pass to you or mail to you at cost.

Another day filled with babies and birth stories news
happy.gif
6/6/2012 is a nice date. Haha, I woke up everyday thinking when will be my turn.

All the best for all mummies popping today!
happy.gif

Adeline: Dr Brenda Low. She's good too!!! Mine once rch hospital i delivered in 4 plus hours. It's not too bad already. Can't complain much.
If I waited until Dr chan is back I suspect her weight may hit 3kg. By then I dunno if I can deliver normally cos narrow hips.
God's timing and will

Fleur: Wow 4 hrs for ur first child, thats awesome!
Whats her weight from your last appt with Dr Chan? And whats her birth weight?
Cos i thought our lil bubs were about the same weight.
happy.gif

We you expecting to deliver early though?

Hi mummies.. What are u all planning to give colleagues for bb first month? Any other voucher ideas besides bagawan solo.

Lazy or order those boxes cos I have quite alot to give.. Bait troublesome to carry them to office. Vouchers are easier to distribute

first month
for #1, i sent a big cake to office.. this time round, not sure if wanna do the same, seems like the trend has died down in office.. more of hush hush kinda.. i don't want to be any different from rest of colleagues so am not sure what to do this time round.. apparently, nothing! haha.. just as well

jolene/jasmine
i was consolidating the addresses and preparing to mail the items out once i get them and notice both of you live v v close by! Just sharing.. haha!

jasmine
i everyday hope it's my turn! haha..

amy, I may send a big cake to my office since my office has only about 30 pax. But really see how.. I guess if it's your first, it's nice to announce, but for subsequent kids, there's no need to do it.

hopecg, the spray has not arrived yet huh? OK, just keep us posted ya.. thanks!

Hello! So excited to hear some mommies popped already! Good job mommies!

Adeline - me too, I kept telling my baby to stay inside my tummy till around edd -19 June. I'm actually on MC now, got fever and flu. So horrible! But i still need to go back office tmr and Fri to do my final handover. Then start taking my leave next week and rest till my baby is out. If not, I'll be very stress ah..haha!

Seriously, June is so hot! How to do confinement?

Hi Amy Yeo, usually i give banganwan Solo vouchers cos that's the easiest!
happy.gif

amy, there's prima deli and emicakes also. i think nowadays a lot of bakery do provide such voucher services if you ask. i'm jus going to give one big cake to each dept. like hopecg, not sure if trend died down or no one preggy already.

deebee, me trying for vbac.

mummies, check with you all, esp those natural birth. is episiotomy really necessary? i m trying for vbac but not sure if i wan to have a new cut on my body.
sad.gif

Lili gal

Did your gynae discuss with you the risks of vbac? My gynae just told me that she won't allow me to go for vbac if I'm overdue and has to be induced. Vbac only ok if I go into labour naturally. Apparently vbac carries higher risks for induced birth. I've never heard of that before. Your gynae mentioned before?

yup liligal, i am thinking of giving vouchers to my collegues too..easier and cos sometimes our fridge there overcrowded and a lot of packets of the full month goodies got thrown away....

nattan : has your baby engaged huh?
happy.gif

congrats fleur on your smooth delivery hehe
happy.gif

hopecg, where will you be delivering? going for natural birth as well? also, do let me know the postage cost k. cos i think bottled item is heavier and may cost more to be mailed =)

today forum seems quiet... most of the mummies delivered / delivering liao i guess? left a few of us here ahahaha

sunbelle, i'm not sure leh.. haha.. it feels like he's engaged cos I have so much groin pain whenever I move around, but my tummy still looks high.

Jasmine

No la, I think still quite a number of regulars still waiting for their turn. It’s only beginning of Jun!

I’m desperately clearing my work now. So only have time to glance and read. No time to chit chat. Hehe

Fleur

4 hours for your no 1 is already quite a feat!! Glad everything went well for you. Rest while you can k?

Joycie

Your EDD very close to mine. One day difference only! Haha..I’m due on 18 Jun. You are only starting your leave next week? So at 39 weeks?

First Month Cake

Haven’t thought about what to do. But may just get some makan to pop by office cos I know they have the habit of collecting money or give vouchers for those who just delivered. In any case, I don’t intend to carry back my laptop today so by coming back, I can pick up my laptop and bring it back home.

Hope

You really can’t wait to deliver ah? Hehee…did you tell your baby to be good and send you a signal soon?

@hopecg if we are staying near each other I can get my hubby to get the thing from you. Aiya my Hp is 9296 8633

Going through the 2nd round of induction. I glad that my gynae made me come as early as 6am. Coz I think if I come in the afternoon or evening it worse at night I will be charged a full day fee for my ward. So mothers who needs to Ho for induction my want to take note

Jasmine, no.. my gynae didn't press.. he just did normal scanning to see baby's position and measure the head, torso, etc.

sunbelle, according to what I've read, you'll feel the baby seems lower than usual and you can breathe and eat easier. You should also feel more pressure or soreness in the groin area. I've been experiencing a lot of movement since weeks ago, but now that the space is very limited, baby's movements are more pronounced. I can feel every knee jerk and kick lor :p My hubby can see my whole tummy doing a wave sometimes.. haha. One time he felt the baby kick his nose when he put his face near my tummy.

jolene, how is induction done? u mean with the pill or gel up the vagina or your gynae just do a swipe at your waterbag? last time my gynae did a swap at my waterbag at wk37. i was quite upset cos i wasn't informed. this time i'll tell him to tell me everything beforehand. is that induction?

nattan, me also wanna know abt the engagement part also.

deebee, my gynae didn't mention anything. he only asked how big was #1 and said #2 was smaller so better chance of vbac. but then again, if bb dun turn to face backwards, then it's c-sect also.
sad.gif
i m hoping that my girl will come out earlier and turn soon. will know this fri at the next visit. btw, is it becos once overdue bb is too big? i also never heard of vbac carries higher risks for induced birth. wat does that mean? i can check also w gynae on fri. but he also did mention that once u had a c-sect, that cut there is thick and not as flexible as normal delivery so tougher for bb to push herself out sort of thing.

my girl is at 2.3kg at 34wks. i'm really hoping she's not growing fast and hope to end at only 2.7kg or 2.8kg cos my pelvic bone seemed small when he did a c-sect last time. you leh?

did you check on the episiotomy with your gynae?

nattan, oh...then maybe my bb is engaged too. i can't even sit on chairs properly and comfortably now. but yah, bb still seemed high up on my tummy as well.

sunbelle, vouchers like a bit wasteful also right? cos some colleagues dun go collect. so i'm abit torn.

lili gal, you can try doing more "floor scrubbing" exercise to encourage baby to turn to the right position. Also when you watch tv or sit, try to lean forward. Most doctors will do an episiotomy in case you tear, but I also read that in western countries, they don't do that unless really necessary. If you don't wish to have it done, can inform your doc earlier. I'm also trying to avoid it. Maybe should do more perineal massage to help loosen the muscle there and make it stretch more easily during delivery.

Re full month vouchers, I also don't like to give vouchers cos I don't like receiving them myself especially if they are from some obscure shop that has limited branches.. very troublesome to redeem. Bengawan Solo is ok since they have many shops, but not everyone may like their nonya kuehs and traditional cakes. How about a big box of cupcakes? Usually cost $3-5 each and you can even ask the bakery to customise the icing to include the baby's name...

@lil gal - its done by the nurse here at KKH. They just insert a pill into the viginal. It takes a long lOng time. Monitoring the baby and contraction would take about an hour then they will insert the pill and you lie one e bed for another hour or so.

My back pain is Getting unbearable.

nattan, hahhahahhahha.. wat is floor scrubbing exercise? turning backwards to face our backside right? she's already head down but need her to face backwards instead of facing the world.
happy.gif

liligal, floor scrubbing means pretend you're scrubbing the floor lor.. get on your fours and push your arms up and down on the floor like you're scrubbing. It's suppose to help baby get to an anterior position.

Coz my water level is too low to support my girl.

Haha glad I didn't go for my ML earlier than EDD and waste it. Everything is much predicable and my husband and I are better prepared.

nattan, hahahahhahahhaha... cool!!! thanks!!! i'll try if fri's result shows she still facing outwards. goes to show i dun scrub floors enough!

Hi Lili gal

I did some research online and apparently vbac carries a certain level of risk of uterus rupture. I suppose you are aware of that! And induced vbac has a slightly higher risk of uterus rupture compared to a non-induced one. Not sure of the exact reasons but it's got something to do with the added medication. Perhaps you can check with your gynae? Let me know can? cos i would like to get a second opinion! Or else my gynae might send me straight for csec next week

As for episiotomy, I think it's nothing to do with vbac or not. So I didn't ask my gynae about it..

Jolene

How come need to insert another pill? First one didn’t result in any progress? Wow, lying on your back for long periods is tough. Hope your 2nd pill will help speed things up.

Sunbelle

I still experience a lot of movements when I’m sitting down. I think it’s because she feels very squished inside? I was asking if once contractions start, does it mean that baby will have less movements?

My baby is not engaged yet although her head is very low and close by. I believe the downward pressure will be even more significant and uncomfortable by then.

Jia you Jolene
happy.gif
Hang on there and u will see your littie bundle of joy soon.

Hi Nattan, thank you very muchie for sharing heheeh
happy.gif
i din noe the floor scrubbing exercise until you share with me. yeah how to have a fast and smooth natural delivery huh? hope my baby stays head down all the way.

hi ssmilezz, i oso have lots of squished movements like moving from left to right etc. and can really see the waves like what was said earlier hehehee so amazing...i still find it amazing how life started off with jus a dot and then developments continue. amazing life really hehee
happy.gif

liligal : i am two days earlier than you. but gt a feeling is end June hahhaa
happy.gif

i just went baby bellies for massage and they said that baby has moved downwards coz upper stomach seems soft and "hollow"..

actually i also have no idea how to tell it has moved downwards or engaged...i only know the lower part is getting real painful these days even when im walking normally
sad.gif

Hi jolene,

i learnt from my good fren that maximum only can insert 3 pills meaning only k induce three times only leh..this is what my good fren told me but not sure what is the rationale of it lor..

baby position

i guess Kadice may be right. upper part of tummy if seems to be soft n empty could imply that baby has moved down ba. my gynae pressed on my upper tummy and mentioned the same thing. having groin and pelvic pain, slowing down in walking could be signs too....

@smilezz and sunbelle. Thanks for the adivice. Was given a second one coz the first one only dilate the cervix 1cm. Will check with the nurse

deebee, yah this rupture thing i know. but i still hope to be natural lor. dun like the cut open feeling again. ok will check. btw, ur gynae can do a swipe at the waterbag. apparently that helps to speed things up or do more natural inducing stuff like walkign etc might help to avoid overdue. my #1 not overdue so i doubt mine will.

sunbelle, really!??! u could you one of the early ones in the jul thread too! i am hoping to be earlier but i think might be end jun pushing first 2 days in jul.
happy.gif

hi ladies,
may i know where can i get the spray that you're have been talking about? its meant for natural birth right? what's the benefit?

any mummy care to share with me?

thanks

hi jasmine, during the scanning last week, my baby is head down and gynae did say hope it maintain its position. yeah mi oso hope that head down so tat can try for natural.

liligal : at the same time, i hope to give birth on week 39 so that baby can be bigger and gain more weight too. yeah where u giving birth huh?mi really blur blur leh...

sunbelle, reverse lor. me hope to give birth like next week so that bb will be small and i wun rupture via vbac! :p

me giving birth at mt A. u leh?

My gynae just came back fr his reservist. Lucky it didn't affect me in anyway.

I'm going into the labour ward. Baby should be arriving tml morning in the wee hours.
happy.gif

jolene, all the best!!! did the induction work well this time round? how far apart were ur contractions? epidural yet?

Jolene

It has been a long day for u. Did u manage to get some rest between? It'll be soon really soon and you'll see your little one.
happy.gif
. Keep going!!

Sunbelle

Yeah - experiencing this has been one of the most wonderful and special moments in my life. Being a walking human incubator. Priceless.

Not sure if being active really helps. I've been and am will continue to exercise till the day i pop. Have also been doing housework etc as per normal except carrying heavy stuffs.

Finally i can have a good rest! 收工了!;)

Back