(2012/06) Jun 2012

Very happy to find out that NTUC is opening another My First Skool just a blk away from my place!
happy.gif
At least I have another option for infant/childcare! Anybody put their kid at My First Skool before?

fleur: just ignore those insensitive colleagues. it is upsetting but just not worth it.

actually hard to plan what time to be admitted to hospital, it all depends on the contractions right? or we can "ren" till the right time?

thanks for ur advices.. shall think about it.. haha my neighbours are those kind that shuts the door when they see me.. haiz headache..

Moning,

Went for my gynae appt yesterday. Is my wk35. Wow, I gain 3kg in 2wks, don't know what I eaten. Baby grow from 2.2kg to 2.45kg. Head engaged.
Nowadays, getting very miserable getting off the bed. Groin area damn pain, walk slower than mt grandma. Don't know how will it be like 2-3wks later.

For the hosp charges, the last time I spoken to the hosp admin in Peh, she said best go after 1130pm.. They go by per night. Not per day.. But i think if u need to go, u need to go la.. Maybe can try to talk to baby now, ask him/her to give us contraction late evening.. Haha

I also just called up Singapore cord bank yesterday for donation. Almost forgot abit it..

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt. I have the following items for sale..

1. Preloved Tiny Love Take-Along Mobile, letting go at $30. Bought during Taka baby fair at $49.90, music, soft toy animals are all in tip top condition with no stain no wear & tear.

2. Full bumper cot, letting go at $28. Wash but never used, comes with fitted sheet, full cot bumper, 1 pillow & 2 bolsters.

3. Preloved Baby Love nursing pillow, letting go at $18. Used less than 5 times, condition is almost like new & the cover is machine washable.

4. Lucky baby milk bottles drying rack, letting go at $5. Wash but never used.

5. BNIB Pigeon Bottle & Baby Food Warmer, letting go at $35. It's brand new, received as gift but already had one.

6. BNIB Dr Brown 4oz Wide Neck milk bottle x 2 pcs, letting go $10 each or take both at $18.

7. BNIB Avent 9oz Wide Neck milk bottles x 2 pcs, letting go at $15 for both.

8. BNIB Vtech Grow & Ride on, letting go at $65.

Please PM or email me [email protected] for more info/pics if keen. Tks

<font color="0077aa">prettibride, the package includes 8 hrs of labour ward usage. when u exceed 8 hrs, they will charge u by per min or so. what that clause means is that this extra charge will be capped at 12 hrs. for my #1, i only used the labour ward for < 2 hrs so they actually gave me a refund. ;p</font>

nattan: MFS not bad. depends on location though cause different teachers mah.. keke
my place also have. but very stuck up cause overflow requests..

sapphire: u lucky! 1.5hr labour only.. based on ur own experience, u shld delivery quite smoothly for #2 too
happy.gif

usually first timers take a long time in labour room cause they go hospital too early. so lie there n wait for dilation.. then the nurses not helping by asking if u want pain relief all the time.. abit annoying.. hehe
since my #1 was csec, i won't actually know how long n painful the real contractions r. so i intend to wait till the *rule of thumb. 1 min long contraction, 4 mins apart* then i go hospital.

kadice: i guess it's up to individual level of tolerance. for me i'll wait unless waterbag burst. haha

shermine: from what u say, i think u r staying in new flats right? every floor have lift landing. perhaps put baby on stroller and u pick up ur gal. no need to carry anything. shld be fine. have faith in urself
happy.gif
all mommies r strong by nature.

Shermine, I wouldn't trust my neighbours too...recently so many kidnapping scares. We should be responsible for our own kids lo..

Priscilla, when are you planning on going on leave? thanks for the info on PEH.. I didn't know they go by night.. so evening is better and they start charging from 11.30pm onwards? I still prefer to deliver in the morning...don't like ot fumble at night and it may be harder to get a cab also :p

Nattan, the hospital package charge, for example inclusive of 2 nights for normal delivery + 1 day labour room.

When I came at 7 pm, I use 1 night of the single room, then 1 day labour room.

I deliver next day, unless if I only stay 1 night only in the hospital, I need to pay extra 1 night for my package.

Some more since I deliver next day, I need to pay labour room for that day as well (inclusive in the package)

So total I'm using 3 nights single room + 2 day labour room. Instead of package 2 night single room + 1 day labour room.

I have been thinking lots and lots of time shall I just stay 1 night in the hospital since anyway it's my 2nd baby. huehehe..

Petrina, I was planning on putting my baby at the YWCA a couple of blks away but I think they don't accept babies below 18 mth. So need to look for an alternative in case I need to put him somewhere for infant care. Then fortunately, NTUC decided to open a MFS a couple of blks away too and they accept babies from 2 mths onwards, so it's really a blessing. But I think my hubby will not want baby to be placed in infant care so early... heh.. he's the one with separation anxiety!

Shermine, don't worry too much... where there is a will, there is a way and like Petrina says, we mummies are strong by nature
happy.gif
Somehow, you will find the strength to do something you thought you cannot do.

<font color="0077aa">re: confinement lady
just to share what my colleague who just gave birth last wk went thru... b'cos she gave birth early at 37wks, her original CL could not make it for her confinement though the CL had wanted to bluff her current confinement mummy in MY that she had urgent matter to attend to in SG and need to stop her duty there. i told my colleague if that CL could do this to that mummy, she could also do this to her.

my colleague (A) went on to find another CL (B) who in turn found (C) to do for A. A paid B a deposit of $300. the day before A delivered, she received a call from B saying C could not do for her and she would try to find another CL for her soon. aft that A received a call from C asking how much A agreed to pay B. apparently B asked 2.3k from A but only giving C 1.6k. A was willing to pay C 2.3k directly but wanted to get back the deposit from B first. initially B didn't want to return and said she found (D) where same thing happened, i.e. D called A and asked about the money. finally and luckily B returned A the deposit after A agreed to pay B $20 for phone bills.

well, i guess all these "aunties" are getting very "smart" yet not so.</font>

Hi nattan, I think how they charge is like..based on the package of 3days2nights for natural birth.
Example:
if u admin at 9pm on Monday, u will discharge on Wednesday morning.
If u admin at 1130pm on Monday, u will discharge on thursday morning. As Tuesday night will be ur first night.

Something like that. but for the actual cut off time for the night, I cannot remember is it 1130pm or 1045pm. Maybe can check with gynae again. I think most hosp shld be the same also ba.

For work, I also don't know Le.. Now still can walk but can't walk for too long, have to hold on to my tummy. I think I plan to stop at wk37?
What's the rest of u all plan? Really getting restless nowsaday.

<font color="0077aa">petrina, yeah i was really lucky. the day before i delivered, i was already 4cm dilated without any pain. so i chose to admit next morning for "accelerated delivery" (not sure if it is considered induced). thus i also have not experienced any real labour signs like show, water bag leakage or contractions.</font>

Groovy, I think I get the rough idea on how they charge the rooms liao. Thanks! So now I just need to know their cut-off time.

Sapphire, I didn't knw CL also subcon to each other like those construction bangglas. So how do u knw that the CL u're interviewing is the CL that will turn up at ur doorstep?

Do u ladies experience tightening of your stomach at night? I'm finding it very difficult to go to bed because I get them almost every evening/night. When I'm sitting down in front of my PC, it's on the top half of my stomach. When I crawl into bed, I get cramps on the lower half of my stomach. Not sure if it's BH.

Sapphire, your colleague is really unfortunate to meet with such dishonest CLs... that's a reason why I choose not to hire one. Cannot trust a stranger, much less someone who is suppose to help look after my baby :p

Priscilla, thanks for the explanation. Actually for normal delivery, it's only 2D1N right? 3D2N is for c-sec delivery. In terms of stopping work, I'm also planning to go on leave from week 38 onwards, or 2 weeks before EDD. So far my Director is ok with it, but I'm not sure about my direct boss cos she's coming back on 1 June, so need to get her up to speed about stuff and do handover.

i totally agree with the getting restless part. can hardly sit still in office nowadays. i need to change my position every 5mins or stand up to walk around. then backache if i sit too long..really terrible.

nattan: I think infant care should be ok, but usually new centres have teething problems, such as having enough experienced staff. Wanted to send my first kid to MFS that was newly opened, but discovered problems. Plus when my FIL looked in, the kids looked unhappy. They also couldn't hire enough teachers.

CL
it's very scary.. tat's also y i choose to DIY. i rather slowly do things then to vomit blood if the CL refuse to listen to me.

IFC
agree with glass on teething problems. but seems MFS is nattan's best choice currently. otherwise check out IFC around your work place? only downside - if u r on MC or leave, u either keep baby at home or still gotta travel to IFC near ur workplace.

BH
i m getting it very frequently too. but less intense as compared to #1. my fren said cause 2nd timer more resilient to pain.
i need to hold tummy n walk too.
i'm currently 34wks 2days. 5 more weeks to go
happy.gif

Gleneagles
natural 3d/2n
csec 4d/3n
i think PEH don't consider discharge day as 1 day. so it's admit on monday(1), tuesday (2), wednesday discharge.
No hospital will ask u stay 1 night only bah.. so cruel!
Glens will charge additional half day if discharge after 11am before 5pm

hi ladies, anyone delivering at TMC huh? hrd they offer overnite parking coupons discount for couple leh...

so hot today ...so good to wash the baby preloved coths...any venue to buy some latex -anti dust mite mattreess huh? my fren passing me a play pen but the mattress very small only which is 37 inches x 24 inches...i have checked a lot of stores including baby safe, they do not have this sizing...yeah anyone know of any store in central or shop? i have tried kiddy palace too...

<font color="0077aa">sel, i have no experience with CL. my mum so called did for me the last time. this time round, i am going to DIY with confinement tingkat. yes, i experienced tightening of stomach every night too. it's normal.

nattan, if u're not going to put ur bb at infant care, who's going to look aft ur baby? and if u want ifc, i suppose u have to register asap. i registered for a space the moment i found out i'm pregnant but also cos i have got sibling priority.</font>

Yeah, I also think SG hospital won't ask u to stay 1 night only. hehe.. In here it's more like better safe than sorry. Gynea also like that, will recommend C-Sect sometimes because they think it's better safe than sorry. Even though we need to spend extra $$ for that.

Unless if you stay in western country. Usually the mummies will stay only 1 night or some even won't stay in hospital at all.

Last time I was super afraid because my gynea is the chop chop type. But I watch Little Nyonya, even someone or people in the past can give birth themselves without any help! It's always feel more comforting to know actually it's a very natural process.

sunbelle: babysafe dun have? did u measure the playpen or the hand down mattress?
babysafe have 3 sizes. i do have a BN mattress which i bought in 2008. nvr used cause too small for my playpen then. in the end i bought another.
if u want, i can measure that n pass to u. FOC lah.

groovy: if i m in US, i'll probably be able to afford to live in a bungalow with big bathtub. so i can do water birth at home.
furthermore doula pricing is very cheap in US compared to SIN.
actually birthing is very natural. it's due to medical intervention, gynae's constant nagging that make moms afraid of birthing.

<font color="0077aa">groovy, kkh normal delivery package is only 2d1n. in fact i only stayed one night the last time since i gave birth in the morning.</font>

petrina, totally agree with you. Here, everything about pregnancy and childbirth, hospital fee etc, all are super expensive! Even the single room rate is super duper expensive.

I think 1 day in single room here can stay 4 days or more in Jakarta.

My kaypoh Mom asked me how much do I spend in total for childbirth and she's quite shocked. *Even though the price that I give to her is after medisave deduction. If without that I bet she'll be even more shocked!

But the gynea package fee is considered very cheap though. Last time $550, this time $600 for the whole consultation

Hi gals

I'm not doing so well. From high of 37+, to 38, to 38+ n now 39.6. Hubs rushed home from wk to bring me to gynae's. Now waiting for my gynae to come back from lunch. I was sweating on the way n fever only came down to 38.8. Really seriously ill this time

jul: oh dear.. btr see what gynae say.. i think this time u really fell ill. take care and rest well.

sapphire: did u enter hospital b4 midnight?

groovy: ur gynae package is cheap! mine from 16weeks is $800 lor.. haven't count in vitamins. just consultation fee.
everything abt childbirth in SG is exp. more exp than being sick in hospital. if SG allow, i'll probably deliver at home to save cost! haha
just tat no gynae will deliver at home.

Shermine: i'm also DIY confinement with 4yo boy. he go half day school. then i pick him up when sch bus arrive downstairs. i live in old flat.. no lifts on my floor
happy.gif

Confinement Nanny

Hi

I am currently doing my confinement with this CL and I find her very clean, not naggy and resposible in her work. Also, let me shower everyday using herbal water.

My confinement will be ending in mid-June.
She is available before 5 Aug for her next confinement duties.
You may come to my place to i/v her:)
Do PM me if you are interested.

glass, Petrina, I understand there will be some teething problems with a new centre, but anyway, I won't be placing my baby there so soon also la.. like I said, my hubby has separation anxiety :p So most likely got to wait at least a yr before we can put him somewhere. There is no centre near my workplace, so the best is still MFS or YWCA near my place.

Re hospital stay, I am not sure about your theory that it's normally 3D2N... better check with PEH again...

Re gynae package, I am quite confused by the total cash outlay after CPF. Like if you look at the table here http://www.womenandchild.sg/pregnancy-childbirth/maternity-packages/parkway-east-hospital, does it mean that I just minus off the Medisave Claimable Limit from the Hospital Package Price? Do we just inform the hospital during the admissions and they do all the claims for us and we just pay the balance on check out?

Jul, you should be resting instead of logging in here! Do have a good rest after your doctor's visit.

nattan: cause my #1 also deliver in gleneagles. then i saw from website gleneagles also state 2 days. but best to check with PEH directly bah.
1yr then where ur boy go when u work? hehe
nice of ur hb to have separation anxiety b4 baby is born. at least u dun worry he will be lazy father.. keke

Hi ladies,

So far those delivering in GlenE are :

Petrina, Fleur and myself.

Anyone else? Who's EDD comes first though?
happy.gif

Hello! Am due on 3 July and heard that my ob is going to ask for advance professional fee that cost SGD 1800 before I gave birth. I was shocked since I was expecting this should be payed after giving birth upon check out so I can maximized my Medisave. My gynae is from Mt A, dr esther Ng, anyone with same case? pls share!

Petrina, my hubby will be looking after the baby after my ML is over. He works from home, so it's ok, although I think may be a bit distracting. No choice la... we have nobody to rely on except ourselves. If it doesn't work out, we will have to put baby in MFS whether he (my hubby) likes it or not :p

Re gynae fees, I paid half of the total $1.5K fees, inclusive of delivery charges and supplements. I only have to pay extra for DHA fish oil. I'll pay the other half after delivery.

Anybody got input about the total cash outlay after Medisave deduction?

GlenE Mummies:
Petrina 17 June
Fleur 22 June
Adeline 25 June

Adeline: btw what's your weight gain so far at your current week - 33rd week?

Saw some mummies planning to stop work around 37th week. I think i will be stopping work at my 39th week.

Oh no! Jul, I hope u feel better soon.

Then my gynae package consider average price ba. She charge S$700.00 from 14 weeks for consultation (includes US, urine test and weight measurements), supplements are not included.

Petrina, I don't think I'll ever dare to deliver at home even if it's allowed. In case things go wrong, baby and I will still need to be rushed to the hospital. I think can be quite dangerous.

Abby, from what I knw, some gynae requests for deposit for delivery. For example, my gynae's delivery deposit is S$600.00 for normal and S$900.00 for c-sect. Then there's the hospital bed deposit that u have to pay when u check-in. For example, 1-bedded at TMC is S$1,800.00.

Back