(2012/06) Jun 2012

I have happycall. Mil using. I dun like it. Only useful when i want to fry fish to keep smells out.
I have been using oven to deep fry my foods works in the same theory as philips air fryer.
Happycall can bake. But cake don't rise well. Not for an avid baker.

Jolene, rollerblading would be a fun family activity too. Before getting pregnant, I was going to sign up with my hubby to learn how to skate. I think now will have to wait till our kid is older...

glass, haha.. no need to season pan unless it's cast iron. Same for wok. What older folks do is fry lard in it till the pan/wok is covered with a thick layer of grease.

Fleurfleur, yeah i know Happy Call seems good eh... some friends using it are raving about it. Gmarket selling at $60+... quite a good deal... maybe get it next month for hubby to try out his confinement food ;)

Bought aussino disney babies 6 pcs bedding set at $59.90. There's a promo in causeway pt atrium. It looks so nice and soft too. Hehe finally bought minnie pink color. My #1 last time has baby looney tunes yellow color bedding set

Jus wnt to c gynae today. Bb is growing well at 1.1kg at 26wks+ n mummy has put on 1.3kg since the last visit.
happy.gif
My last preg, I was max at 70kg at 40wks. So hopefully I don't overshot this wt. Bb alrdy turned, bt possibily may still change bah.

<font color="aa00aa">Yes, HappyCall comes in different sizes. You can surf websites such as gmarket for more info.

Re: Gathering
Ok, set on 13 Apr 2012 (Friday) at Marche at 313 @ Somerset.

We'll confirm again as the date draws near ya.</font>

Chris, you can use your HCP to cook fish, pasta, chicken, actually anything. Try searching Youtube for recipes which uses HCP. I watched a few.. looks easy and interesting.

BTW, you put on very little weight huh... I'm already hitting 70kg at 27 weeks :p

petrina: from the sound of it, the pan doesnt seem too convenient to use hor

nattan: the sale like nothing much for new born..good..save $, haha

Re HCP, it does require some arm muscle, but you're not suppose to need to flip it all the time. Just once or twice, depending on what you cook. Suppose to let the convection heat inside the pan cook your food evenly. My friends have been using it happily, so I think it's worth a try ;)

Kadice, I think depends on what you need... there's breast milk storage bags, breast shields, baby clothes, formula... Quite a lot of stuff, but I got most of these already.

excited about gathering!! whad time we meeting huh? i prob reach late ard 8 wor.. u ladies can go ahead, but save a seat for me! hahaa!

nattan
i also into rollerbladin.. have a pair of blades at home, prob rusted by nw.. haha! love it! hope to have the lil one joining me for blades soon! haha!! how old can they start blading huh? 3? 4? haha.. saw really young ones.. and a fren of mine just came back from hokkaido skiin mentioned kids at 3yo skiied really well over there!

makes me wanna go somewhere! anywhere!

RE: Gathering
Would be having my Sentosa staycation on the 13th what a pity. But I know we will all meet up again after our baby is born. Right?
happy.gif

HCP
My mum loves it, especially for fish and meat. I always use it to cook claypot rice when I am alone at home. Easy Easy. All cook using one pan. But of coz using overnight rice la.

Shopping!
Check this out! All clothes are yummy! How not to buy?

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=100001779556886

Manicure
going to have my manicure done later. Dont think we will have a chance to after our baby is born.
happy.gif

Mornin ladies,
Been busy the past few days with work. Just logged in and gosho much to catch up!

Nattan- Thanks for the info on Gmart baby fair, tried clicking on Lansinoh milk storage bags but cant seem to find it.

Ladies,which storage bags are you using?
Medela,Pigeon, Lansinoh or any other good brands?
Whats the difference though?
How many should i get though? Clueless.

Fleur- Have you gone for the gleneagles maternity tour yet?

I have a check this Sat at the end of my 27week,cant wait to see her.

Morning ladies!
Adeline, you are planning to give birth in Gleneagles? Me too
happy.gif
Have not gone for the tour yet. I am going for my 1st antenatal class today. Didnt go to gleneagles one, chose KKH instead. Much cheaper..I wonder what are the charges from other hospitals. anyone knows?

Hi Kadice, yup am delivering in Gleneagles. Gone for the tour back in Dec 2011 but wanted to know if there were any updates.
happy.gif

I am not taking any antenatal class. When is your EDD?

Morning ladies! Mid week! Let’s keep going ~ the weekend is near!

Adeline/Kadice

I will also be delivering @ Glen. Will be going for the tour after my next gynae appt in early Apr. Erm should be be in my week 30 by then!

Chris

How many KGs did you put on for your no 1? Good to know your baby is in position – hopefully won’t move too much! J

HCP

Oooo..this is like so popular online! My sis is going to korea next week and my mom tom pang her to buy back the HCP. Dunno if it’s really cheaper there.

Seems like many bloggers are blogging about the different recipes, etc.  it’s the IN thing now…seems to have resulted in many fake wannabes in the market/supermarkets.

Gathering

Took note of the date. What time are we meeting ah? Should be quite easy to identify everyone ba… look for preggies..can’t go wrong. Hahahaha…

Funnily enough, many donkey years back, when I was active on SGBrides forum, I actually met up with the same month brides to be at Marche too..but that was at Suntec. Déjà vu!

Morning mummies...

Hopecg, I think when your kid can walk and run, can start to learn blading already. I've seen toddlers around 3 or 4 learning to blade.

Adeline, think the link only has Blue Egg storage bags, not Lansinoh. Anyway, I'm using Playtex Drop-Ins for storage. I also bought a milk tray to store frozen milk. The drop-ins seem quite good cos it's suppose to help prevent colic when used with the Playtex bottle.

I'm also seeing my gynae this Sat
happy.gif
Excited to see baby after almost 1 month!

ssmilezz, we're meeting around 7pm.. ya.. just find a table full of preggie ladies ;)

Do you still keep in touch with the brides you met up with the last time? I used to meet up with some people from SGB forum but stopped a few yrs back. Only kept in touch with a couple via Fb.

Kadice- Mine's 25 June.

Ssmilezz - Great,please update me about your tour when you are done.
happy.gif

Nattan- Thanks! So the drop-ins can only be used with playtex bottle? How do you warm the milk up though as it is inside the drop-ins,right?

Nattan- Thanks for the video.
happy.gif
Meaning you submerge the drop-ins which is placed in a bottle,right? But would it take a longer period to warm the milk up becuse the milk is not touching the bottle surfaces?

I have abottle warmer,can it work as well too?

Adeline, I'm buying Lansinoh milkbags since my friend is arranging a spree from USA. Dunno how many packs is suffice hence bought 6 packs of 50 each as per my friend recommended. It cost approx. US$ 10.816 per pack of 50 inclusive of shipping. Let me know early if you want to buy them, as my friend should be placing order anytime soon.

Kadice, I joined the prenatal class by Mrs. Wong Boh Boi which cost approx. $350 for 6 lessons. Can't recalled the exact amount I paid. :p
Parkway East charged at $235 for 6 lessons which I intend to join initially since I will be delivering over there. But heard good reviews on Mrs. Wong lesson hence give it a try together with my preggie friend.

Gathering,
We will introduce ourselves as June SMH first should anyone of us reach there early. Heehee....

Adeline, you don't submerge the bottle, just the drop-in only. Anyway, the bottom of the bottle is open, so even if you submerge the whole thing, the drop in will still be touching the water. Just that you would make the bottle wet as well. So just submerge the drop-in will do. I'm not sure if it can be used with a bottle warmer, you can try... but make sure follow instructions. Most people just put in warm water and it works well. You can even microwave it a few sec to warm up.

Nattan - I see. Will research more into it but for now i already have free Avent bottles so am going to try the Avent bottles first.
happy.gif

But thanks for the pointers! Will definately keep it in mind.

Nattan/Adeline, I wanna buy the playtex initially since it's the cheapest of all but the sales women was unable to ans me if it fit with my medela pump. Furthermore it seems complicated to me about the playtex drop-in bottle hence dropped the idea. I heard many good comments about Lansinoh milkbag so give it a try then.

Hope/Nattan: My rollerblades in my storeroom for past 3 yrs. Hope it can still be used and not break apart!

Gathering: Sorry ladies i have my antenatal class on that evening and cannot join. Do hope there will be another gathering again in May or when we give birth k.

Gleneagles Tour: I will be going for my tour this weekend and will update you all.
Let me know if you have any questions you want me to ask too!

Anna, I checked with Medela and the sales person also said can fit Playtex. But since you already decided to use milk bags, then give that a try first. For me, I find it more troublesome to transfer milk from a bag into the bottle. I just want to pump into the bottle with the drop-in and store the milk directly. Also there may be higher chance of contamination during transfer unless I'm very careful. I don't have confinement help so anything that can help to safe time and effort is good. The drop-ins are convenient and come in the right size for different ages. So far I only bought the small one to try out. If after a few months, baby is ok with it, I'll upgrade the size.

@fluerfluer - Can you help ask about Rassberry Tea?
I still have quite alot left @ home. Should we start to start in our last trimester? Some sites said we shouldn't, some sites said we should. CONFUSED!

Don't mind sharing with the mum's here, if it will be good for us. Bought quite alot from iherbs. Don't mind sharing with the mums here. Can try to bring it down on Friday after my Sentosa Holiday.

Anna- Yup i heard a lot about Lansinoh milk storage bags too. My gilfriend is headed to NYC and she is going to get a few boxes for me first. Thanks for the offer though.

Fleur-You are going for the 11am tour this Sat? I will be seeing my gynae on that day but too early.
happy.gif

Could you check what ammenities do they offer for a single bedder, i am not sure if it might have changed.
If you have not done your pre-registration, i would advise you to do it after the tour to get it out of the way so one the day of your delivery your DH can place all his attention on you and not on registration.
happy.gif

Jolene: Sure! You want me to ask about the raspberry tea during my antenatal class or hospital tour?

I read recently that raspberry tea wait until last trimester but if i were to take i will probably take it the last 4 weeks just in case. Nonetheless i will help you to double check to be safe!
Which brand you bought?

Adeline: Who is your gynae again? Haha i am forgetful so pardon me.
Sure i will check on the amenities and also remind my hb on the pre registration.

Prettibride: Just to be on safe side ... it was you who PM me your address right to send the babies bellies voucher?

Advice on NB-3M baby home clothes:
Care to share where to buy from? websites/shops in Singapore
Rompers VS 2 piece (ribbon OR normal buttons or snap buttons)

Jolene, I read that raspberry leaf tea is supposed to be taken only around 32 weeks or 8 weeks before EDD. No need to take it too soon.

Nattan, the playtex sales women sure dunno her stuff. Anyway I dun have a big freezer hence thght Lansinoh milkbags will be the best storage with double ziplock. I have bought tommee tippee bottles already hence think the drop-in will be kind of wasteful. If the sales women know her stuff in better explaining the usage, I will probably get them. Hahaha....

Adeline, no problem since I will be getting and you are interested in them too. It will be great to buy them directly over there, save the shipping cost. I have no idea the exact shipping cost since my friend will be arranging it.

morning ladies!
forgot to bring my brain to work this morning.. transferred 4 buses to work then upon destination, i saw the direct bus just behind the bus i alighted from!
should have waited a couple of minutes more...

been having BH since yesterday 4pm. wanted to take MC today but felt better this morning. yesterday my whole right leg was numb. couldn't walk properly at all. but the BH feeling is so different from #1. #1 i can really feel a balloon physically being blown up in my tummy then subside. but for this pregnancy, the whole tummy just constricted for a few hours. can't walk, can't breath..

not sure if i need to call gynae.

Anna, maybe the sales person you met wasn't very good with explaining :p I didn't buy any milk bottles except 1 Playtex feeding bottle (and got another 1 free with purchase during the Taka Fair) cos my colleague said she will pass me some Avent ones. But I may not use those since i don't want to spend extra to buy a bottle steriliser (that's why I bought drop-ins in the first place). Hopefully baby will be TBF and no need to use bottles at all...

Fleur-I think we have the same gynae. Dr Chan K.H,right? Cant remember too....
happy.gif

NB-3M baby home clothes.
You can try Shen Kwong Trading Co, it is wholesale baby clothes there. Blk 269 Queen Street #01-246 (S) 183269, Tel Tel: 6338 3260. I believe it closes at 6pm on weekdays and Sat too, i might be wrong Do call to check. However i ended up not buying anything from there. Hehehe...

Alternatively you can head to the Baby Expo if it is the exact Baby expo that passed in Feb then you are able to find Carter's rompers for $10 for 5 pcs in a pack!! There was only 1 store selling at that price and the rest was selling at $15-$20. However it was all wipes out within the first few hours on the first day.

I bought a mix of NB-3months home clothes from with brands like Baby Gap,Carters and Ralph Lauren Layette colection. I am going to swaddle her so rompers will do fine for her from NB-3M.

@Rasberry Tea

Bought the Traditional Medicinals Organic Rasberry Leaf from iherbs. But my friend told me that Wong Boi Boi advised against it during the last trimester. So quite confused. My cousin took and she had a smooth natural birth, drug-free
happy.gif

@fluer can ask when it is appropriate lor.

Fleur

Don’t think you need to get too expensive clothes for home wear. Go for comfort instead. The wholesale shop with Adeline mentioned is very popular. You can get a good mix of basic clothes for home wear there. Also can get those burp clothes/cloth diapers, etc

Petrina

Did you call your gynae? Are you on MC or you still at work? If really very uncomfy, do get some rest!! Don’t push yourself too hard!! Must take care yah?

Hi mommies!
How is everyone doing? I think the last time i came into this chat was like 2 mths ago. I was swamped with WORK. And weekends is to spend time with my family esp. bringing my daughter around for enrichment. Simply have no time to come online to chat and to buy things. I went to Taka Baby Fair though. Saw that there is a gathering on 13 April. Is this the 1st gathering for June Mommies or it's already a subsequent one? Too bad, my boss already "booked" us for an event that night so I can't join.
sad.gif
I love the crepes at Marche lor...

Kandice
--------
I think Petrina is referring to Braxton Hicks for BH. Right Petrina? Actually, it's very common and normal to have Braxton Hicks towards the last trimester. It just makes me unmovable. haha!

Hospital
---------
I just went for a tour at Mt. A. I was quite disappointed with the renovation going on. I didn't like St. Rafael's ward cos all the rooms are outdated and they all have a balcony that take up space in the rooms. I was impressed by the rooms in Our Lady's Ward though cos they are newly renovated. In the end, i bought the Lady's Card cos they are having a promotion of buying it at $68 and you get $100 off your single bedroom. I just hope that i can get a single room in Our Lady's Ward after my labour. Anybody else giving birth there?

June Mommies List
-------------------
Anyway, who is holding the latest list? I want to see updates of how many June baby boys and June baby girls.
happy.gif

Low Placenta
------------
Anybody has this? The last time i checked, my gynae said mine still a bit low but i shouldn't worry too much as of now. I really want to have natural birth again lor~ I miss it so much!

Smilez > I think I put on abt 16 kg for #1. Bt I didn't get bk to my pre preg wt b4 I gt preg w #2. So this turn round, I think I m putting less wt than the previous. Bt I think its a norm for mummies w #1. Cos still hv to tak care of #1, all the chasing, playing n lack of rest...its hard for us to put on more wt.
happy.gif
Bt it is a gd things, as long as bb is growing well.
happy.gif

joycie > I was initially thinkin of delivering in Mt A since I had my #1 ther. Bt w the reno. I m thinking otherwise. Do u happen to knw whn will it b completed?

Harlow everyone! Busy busy!

joycie, fleur

I have low placenta too. Praying that it'll move up on time so that I can have vaginal birth
sad.gif

Chris

The reno was a mess when I went there a couple of weeks ago. No carpark, the reception area is in a dusty, cardboard-y floor place, traffic was bad. I'm sure it's rather dusty too.

Chris
------
They said the foyer will be completed by mid of this year, which is June lor, that's when we give birth so I can't gurantee if they can complete before my edd. But the carpark will only be completed next year. We have to park our car at the nearby MacRitchie Reservoir and take their shuttle bus to the hospital. I was also hesistating in staying in Mt A and was thinking of going back to TMC. But my husband said try lah even though i was worried they will put me in that old outdated room. Also, i did not buy the SBI for TMC and it's too late to buy now so no point lor, give birth in Mt. A lor.

Back