(2012/06) Jun 2012

Moi: wow how come you have 10 days child care?

Felicia : I guess it's always dependent. Sometimes bosses are good and employees know how to be appreciative and work harder. There are some bosses who aren't understanding hence even how good the employees also will feel upset. And lastly good bosses but employees who take for granted and abuse the flexibility. Maybe it's hard to find a gd balance.

EDD: I wonder what causes early delivery or past edd delivery. I'm hoPing to deliver earlier though haha. But I'm taking my ML frm EDD onwards and use my annual leave to take one week before

Thks prettibride. I will try to relax myself....don't knw y i so nervous abt getting a maid. Think its cos my kids n I will b w the maid 24hrs a day bah.
sad.gif

Hmm... i jus wan2 sy u guys r lucky leh. I m a sahm. Imagine staying hm w/o aircon in this kind of hot n humid weather....its killing mi! Smtimes I find excuses to sit in fast food restaurants for the free aircon. Haha..:p Bt nowadays, even the aircon in shopping malls r no longer cold.
sad.gif

Felicia, yours is an exception in our local environment. Most companies are just starting to answer the govt's call to be more pro-family. But it's good that you're also letting your male team members enjoy the same level of benefits you enjoyed. I believe that when people have experienced kindness, they will be kind to others also.

Fleurfleur, I thought it's quite standard to have 6 days' child care leave per kid?

Nattan: I am in the banking industry. This place is really stressful coz my colleagues even have difficulty taking long leave for their holidays first half of this year. They would just make things difficult for you. I have worked for so many years and this place is a real nightmare, coz we have bosses who scold you words like "stupid" or "f" word...no wonder turnover so high! But I just tell myself, no matter what just stay cheerful and positive coz they say it will affect the baby.

ya moi, how come you have 10 days child care? my side only 4 days plus 2 days familycare, so total 6 days. everyone the same?

Fleurfleur, I just checked mom website and you're right that regardless of the no of kids the childcare entitlement is only 6 days. But I think my workplace is a bit different cos I remember it's more than that. Will check again.

Kadice, oic…banking is stressful and not so pro-family. You got to take better care of yourself and don't let it affect you and baby. Have you arranged with your boss to get someone to cover you while on maternity leave?

Kadice

I am also in the same industry. The culture within my dept is ok - family friendly. But I know other dept, it's really tough. The expectations are high. But I always tell myself work is work. Must learn to switch off at times and being in the banking line for all my working life, I've come to expect the unexpected and don't have too high expectations. :D

Would be really funny if we are working in the same bank! Lol

Chris

What's a typical day like for you since u are a SAHM? I have a few friends who quit their jobs when they were expecting as they were trying to conceive for a long time n wanted to get rest as much as they can. Not easy for them to adapt I must say.

CHILDCARE LEAVE

6 days of unconditional childcare leave with any kid below 7. With 2 kids, u get 10 days but 4 must have MC. With 3 kids, 15 days but 9 must have MC. But your kids must be all below 12

Felicia: Yup but that is why i am considering taking only 2 months of maternity leave.

Kadice & Ssmilezz: I am also in the banking industry but my company is pro-family as well and i guess what ssmilezz mentioned is correct, it does defers within departments, depending on the nature of ur job. Mine for now is less stressful so am able to get off work early at times.

Yeah mine is also 6 days CCL regardless of how many kids you have.

Jul: Where did you get the information from?
MC is from the child? This sounds new to me as i never heard from any of my colleagues, not sure if they are aware about it too.
happy.gif

Ssmilezz & Adeline: you all are right, a lot depend on the department and most importantly the boss, whatever it is, just have to tahan for now
happy.gif

So just curious, your 6 days of CCL is on top of familycare leave? coz my company has 2 days of familycare for all employees, then for mums, have additional 4 days.

Adeline

This is civil svc policy. Not sure if pte co need to give the additional days on top of the 6 days

Yup MC is issued to the child when u bring him to the doc. I first heard of this when i overheard another parent asking for MC at my PD's. I thought y the poor kid must also produce MC for nursery! Then the nurse explained to me lol

Kadice

No family care leave. Used to be 2 days of unconditional childcare leave. Then govt increased to 6 days. I guess ur co decided to do a twist n just add 4 days of childcare leave

Adeline

You too? Same industry?
happy.gif

As what u say, it really differs between depts. all boils down to if the boss or dept head endorses such pro family thinking.

Jul

I didn't know abt the MC part! But it is true that CCL is only applicable for kids below certain age group.

Kadice

Yup , just ren ren ren! That's the only way to survive. Ha ba

Your CCL policy sounds exactly like mine. He he. All employees get 2 days family leave.

Morning ladies!!

Ssmilezz: Yup! Plenty of my colleague or their wife's are pregnant so everyone is very understanding. As long as everyone puts in their share of work and be responsible then its ok.

Jul: Yea, thanks for the tip.Interesting indeed, gonna check with HR about this. So the MC given to our child would be sort of an additional off day for us? Does it deduct our CCL/MC count or Leave count?

Ours is only either you take 6 days of CCL for those with kids or 2 days family leave for those without kids.

Morning everyone!

Adeline: Your company's policy same as mine.

Ssmilezz: Like what you said, scully we are really in same company. haha

so which beauty salon have you girls been going for pre-natal massage? thinking of trying one session

adeline

Since u will only have 1 child, & that child is below 7, you will be entitled to the 6 days of childcare leave. No need MC liao. You only start getting those additional days with MC after u have another kid hehe

kadice

I go to my normal place. They only have a couple of therapists who can do prenatal, so I aws get them. it's Supreme QX at Bishan, but it's expensive compared to those that I see the others mention. They all mention $50, $60 etc.. mine costs $90+ for 1.5h. But since I've a big credit package with them, gotta use lor. Better than keeping it there. What if they go bankrupt or something haha

<font color="aa00aa">haha! my company has the same CCL scheme as jul_04's. Reason is, before the govt implement the compulsory CCL scheme, my company is already giving us few days of CCL leave. So when the CCL leave is official (i.e. from the govt), they just add on to that, but with T&amp;C such as some of the CCL must be conditional (i.e. with MC).

Note that this <u>DOES NOT</u> apply to all local companies.</font>

Jul

Bishan is too far for me, haha...Im looking at Babies Bellies Javanese massage. Seems not bad..think I might go and try a session. But i hope they dun hard sell me packages.

Morning ladies!

Jul

One kid should be quite simple ba for CCL. But thanks for the info.
happy.gif

Your co should be quite pro family right? SB like to organize those bring yr kids to work day etc ?

Kadice

Think most banks quite similar abt Family leave n CCL.
happy.gif
also need to clock in the mandatory compliance leave too.

Feeling vey hungry now man. Sigh. Was thinking of popping by Mothercare during lunch to check out the nursing bras. Dunno if I got energy to drag myself there.

Anyone knows if I can just use the IC no of a mothercare member to get the 10% discount? Or need to show the membership card ?

Morning mommies!

my company also quite pro family.. in banking also. 6 days CCL as well. my boss wants me to clear my 16 weeks altogether coz they'll be getting a part-time staff to cover my job during that period..

so i'm going straight from june and coming back in oct.. we're supposed to move over to new office in august.. lucky i won't have to be there moving things :p anyway after i come back from ML still have so many days to clear!!

ssmilezz: mothercare nursing bra exp! 2 piece for $89.. same as M&amp;S. hahaha. and i think m&amp;s might have better quality.. just my opinion though
happy.gif

Kadice

I heard of many people using Baby Bellies too. Hiaz I hate the hard sell too. Can't even enjoy my facial, massage etc in peace. Else have to endure the pushing session &amp; cannot leave after the session
sad.gif

smilezz

Mine's a Stat Board. But it also depends on the dept you're in, the boss etc. But being a SB, have to pay lip service so they can't really reject certain things like my leave without pay after ML ends. But appraisal sure will get affected etc. So I figured, might as well just take the 16 wks one shot. Some bosses are irritated when u come only 4 days, or take leave here &amp; there all the time. They'd rather u leave in 1 full stretch so it's less disruptive.

Morning ladies!!! Finally i get to check in here for a short while. Super bz this morning!

CCL: i guess 6 days MOM is standard for one child. But seems like different companies different rules especially if they give out abit more.

This weekend i heard JB have Baby Fair. Has anyone ever gone to JB to buy their baby things @ baby fair? Worth going?

CCL: Yup 6 days CCL is standard regardless of how many child you have and the additional i would have to check with HR i supposed as it would be different with every company.

Kadice: You can try this TCM i go to @ Neil Rd. Its $45 for an hour.

ssmilezz, for nursing bras, why don't you try www.mummytoon.com? I bought a few pcs sleep bras from them and they seem quite good. They have various brands and nursing tanks also. Most are cheaper than Mothercare or M&amp;S brand.

Fleurfleur, I don't think I wanna brave the crowds to go JB. You can consider going during weekdays but weekends, forget it. At this stage of pregnancy some more...

smileezz
just use the ic number will do for mothercare members.. no need to produce the card

jul
u go to the bishan QX how often? good? near my place =)

smile > a typical day for me wil b mornin fd my boy milk whn he wak up, go w him to my parents pl. Thn i wil sty w him til he tak his nap. I wil leave to tak my lunch n run errand for myself or hubby. Wil go for dinner w hubby b4 pickin up boy. Thn it wil b hm sweet hm for everyone.
happy.gif
b4 i was preg w #2, i was takin care of #1 alone at hm.

Its anthr terrible warm day!

pre-natal massage, i am also thinking of going for one. does babies bellies offer trial session? How much does it cost? in terrible need of a good massage..so many aches and pains recently.

Hopecg

I go every wk. But the last 2 wks i was down with bad cough, so i skippee those sessions. Can go less frequently also lah, depending on your needs

I'm the type who needs freq massages coz i've rather poor blood circulation

Chris,
your mum is nice to help look after #1 while you rest in the afternoon, that's good arrangement.

My company is pro-family, allows me to work from home 2 days a week, which is very helpful as i save alot of time travelling, about 2 hours to and fro. This gives me some time to do laundry at home, otherwise, the kids' clothes pile up like a mountain in 2 days!

joeey how far along are you now? I also don't dare to let my hubby cut my nails... my nails are very thick and hard, really need more force to cut. I prefer to cut them myself or go for a pedicure.

BTW, how is pre-natal massage carried out? Do we need to lie on our sides? Seems like a weird position for massage. I used to go for massages regularly, but I prefer to lie on my belly or my back. Of course, now it's impossible to lie on the belly and lying on the back is not very comfortable also... so how do they do it?

yeah, i'm also curious how pre-natal massage is done.

jul, nattan,
i feel uncomfortable in the stomach, like pressing the bb inside, while trying to reach for the toenails, so i gave up. i'm starting 29 weeks liao ...

Wah... today another hot and humid day...looks foggy somemore...

For those mummies attending TMC's prenatal classes, do they issue notes?? I attend 2 classes already but no notes leh... only see powerpoint and listen to the person.. I dun think i can remember thses stuff by the time i delivery...

So far anyone recieve any calls from philips for the avent sterilizer bundle? Taka fair ending tomorrow wor... i guess no chance to get the deal liao.. sian...have to add back this item into my baby list again...

had breakfast at 7+ this morning and now still no appetite for lunch, somehow my digestive system is not functioning properly ... 2 months ago, i would have taken 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch by now.

pedicure
best to go for pedicure! i also don't dare to let my hubby cut.. later he anyhow cut.. pedicure shiok!

JL 'FINAL REDUCTION' sale
walk past during lunch just now.. they're having their FINAL reduction sale from 22 March - 24 March AGAIN. hahaha. up to 70% off and $20 voucher for every $80 spent as opposed to previously i got $10 off for every $80 spent..

Dear All

Has been a silent reader, find that some of you have some query on prenatal massage.. Personally am 25 weeks and have tried both Babie Bellies and Bella Luna.. BB is more pro post natal and have package for that. As for prenatal they will offer per visit only. if you sign up post natal with them, your prenatal massage will be discounted. Hope this helps! They dun hard sell.

BellaLuna is the one i sign up.. they are more hard sell than BB .. but i really like the aunty who did my massage.. so.. yar.. i bought their 10+3 prenatal which can be change to post-natal if i could not finish by week 32.

Been feeling so lethargic lately. Dun feel like doing anything at all. Hardly have enthusiasm for much things also.

Pedicure sounds good. Best is those mobile ones. haha... so that I don't need to get out of my house.

Time pass so fast. Just 3 more months before the little one is out. Still feel unprepared.

DS, no wonder my friend last time (year 2010) said he also never gets any notes from TMC prenatal class in 2010.
I get notes from Mt Alvernia prenatal class though..
But I heard mummies attending in year 2009 receive notes from TMC??

prettibride:
babies bellies do offer trial session. I used a coupon from a booklet and paid $38 or $39 for first trial. If you do not have the coupon its $55 for 60 mins.
I found their massage not bad and i am quite picky about massages and foot reflex.
No hard selling at all when i went.

Nattan: RE Massages - first i lie on my left they massage from legs up to thighs then back &amp; shoulders. Then turn to the other side and they do same thing. lastly they massage the face and head. I thought it would be weird too as i am used to lying face down back up but its ok when i tried.

Pedicure: Too tired to cut my nails from first tri until now. Initially its lower back ache now its tummy in the way. So i go for pedicure let them scrub my soles clean etc
happy.gif

Asrias, me too.. feeling lethargic esp with the flu and lack of sleep.

Anybody experiencing dry eyes? My eyes have become dryer than usual and I have to apply eye drops a few times a day, which I never used to do so before.

Back