(2012/05) May 2012

some of my colls already giving birth next year..
looks like got more boys.. edd jan - boy, edd feb - boy..

that coll edd feb is same age as me.. looks like chances of getting boys are higher...

some of my colls already giving birth next year..
looks like got more boys.. edd jan - boy, edd feb - boy..

that coll edd feb is same age as me.. looks like chances of getting boys are higher...faint...

piggy: oh my. bu prtable high chair to carry everywhere? erm.. ok.. :p

we can manage without my income.. and life was fine in terms of finance when i didn't work last time.. essentially.. all these are wants.. basic needs are taken care of..

i really like what u say.. i wun go crazy asking if i have the $.. ha...

Astro.. I will also scold him.. what I meant is the way he said it I find it like so sweet that he promised but end up he did it.. I think he was too tired to wake up in the night.. like for me I also tends to hold my urine till very urgent then I go as I really lazy to wakes up..

my hb still scared him that if he urine again and he can't sleep with me anymore.. as now he is on the same bed with me and my poor hb got to sleep next door..

Astro then work part time and study part time? Are u entitled to subsidies and perks if u are PT staff? I think having a Masters might not seem impt now. But u nv know if u need it in the future.
happy.gif
plus urs is sponsored so just do it lor.

U all type very fast leh. I m on my phone so typing like a snail. A lot of errors too!!

piggy: if i work part time.. i wun be able to get the sponsered masters liao.. coz quiting as full timer mah..

ya.. we all on the laptop. i seldom post from phone. i have no patience for that!

good discussion on the working mother/ SAHM topic! i always agonise over this issue as well. even though i also think i'm more suited to working, can't help but think it will be nice to stop work for 1-2 years and bond with my children before they head off to school. but living in singapore very costly. if want to send to all those enrichment classes and take holidays abroad, i doubt my husband can do it on his own..so for me, its more monetary concerns... i will feel rather sad if need to give up too much material aspects of life.

personally, my dad took a sabbatical to stay at home and take care of me when i was young while my mum continued working. quite unusual in those days, but to this day, when i think back of my beautiful childhood memories, i can only remember my dad and i kite-flying, swimming, eating macdonalds, going to the zoo etc... but of course i never tell my mother la. haha

krc: congrats! bb dragon boy otw!!! =)

wonder if i will be able to see the gender when i see my gynae next week.. by then i shd be 1 day shy of 16wks.. hope bb is guai guai and let me see... keke..

i read an article on sunday times that some parents already thinking of primary sch for their dragon babies.. so scary!!! some already booked places for child care!! makes me wonder if i shd be more kiasu or jus let things be natural..

btw, my headaches never ceased, and it comes on even more at night.. is anyone still with headaches?

Re: toilet training..

My boy is fully trained. He wanted to do it himself when he turned 3, so we just go ahead with his flow. I guess it's not too comfy with diapers on, so he requested to be off his diapers at night (he was trained during day time already). So we said ok, and told him that he needs to wake up in the middle of the night to go toilet. Initially started off ok for the 1st few nights.. subsequently he threw his tantrum when we asked him to go toilet at 3am. So he wet our bed, and we took another mattress for him to sleep beside us. He wet for a few weeks and finally, he's able to wake up on his own and tell us he needs to pee in the middle of the night. So I guess, they just need a little more time.. so just sacrifice our mattress and soon he'll be over the stage of wetting the bed.

I use febreze to spray on the mattress everytime he wets the bed.. so it's still ok. :p

Astro, can u cope working full time and studying part time with 3 kids? Ur boss knows that u are preg? Possible to negotiate a better deal as ur case is unique. For me, my case is the one and only in my co of 3000 ppl. I worked and study FULLTIME. May be tell ur boss if u are close to him/her abt ur worries and may be they can come up w something unique?

I'm using my phone cos co banned the webby lor. Actually not banned lah jus that we have so much firewall that I have prob accessing the site. Keeps hanging my comp.

KRC is so nice that your boy so young can wake up himself liao.. mine is just lazy loh.. my boy want to sleep with me, last time he used to have a mattress below my bed but after awhile he will wan to sleep with me.. faint..

I also using febreze to clear the smell of my bed now..

Moments> my EDD 3rd May wor, now 15 to 16 weeks le so hopefully Dr Ang can see the gender tomorrow... so that can start thinking of names... NAMES!!!! will be so fun...

Vanilla> My check up also about 1 month back liao, wait so long hor for each check up.. ur 3 weeks plus very fast fly de...

Astro> If it's me, my thinking is still work, cannot be full time mummy de... At most work part time... I saw a taiwan variety show before.. one expert was saying kids are selfish people, when they are young they expect our full attention and we as parents will give it to them. However, when we grow older and need our kids full attention, they as kids will not be able to give us their full attention anymore as they have others to pay attention to as well... hence, we should still give them enough attention but never full attention.. So we need to achieve our jobs as well, which ultimately benefot our kids too -- a better role model, better money to buy and give them what they need to enhance their well bringing... so for me, I will still work no matter what, if not studying to enrich yourself is good during your pregnancy... but I feel stopping for a moment and having your kids to adapt to afternoon life without you being around will not be easy too... so really have to think twice... Mothers really not easy to be hor... really pei fu my mummy now... love her to the max

Cant wait for our meet up too and can get to see more mummies to be...

By the way, today finally got one kind soul give up seat to me on the train lei... thank her so much... first time lol

And, anyone experience dry skin on the face... my skin like getting dryer and dryer esp on the face, body still alright...

Piggy.. think you shd be holding a high position in your co and you are exception! If I were you I also would want to work but I am holding just a v small position in the co..

Stobeli.. my edd is 2nd May.. think we are ard the same.. is it your first pregnancy?

yes, my skin is dryer compared to my last 2 pregnancy and it seems like got abit of rashes although not obvious and also got 2 pimples too...

Hi,

I have following items for sale:

1. Baby Plus: $160
Preloved. Condition 8.5/10 with Box, instruction manual and pouch. Full set.

2. Pigeon wipes with casing (Brand NEW): $4.90
Usual: $7.90

3. Similac Mom (Brand NEW): $15
Expiry Date: 29th Jan 2014

Collection at Sengkang MRT.
Pls email me at [email protected] for photos.

My forehead have lots of breakouts ! Beautician took almost 2 hrs to squeeze them out. For #1 , my skin is as per normal.... this round is like ...OMG !

Worse still, white hair keeps appearing at a massive rate. I think must go colour my hair after detail scan at week 20.

Dont wanna look ugly during pregnancy ah....

hi mummies,

I am letting go (becoz not using this brand) the pigeon newborn starter set with 2 pacifier at $40.

The set is selling $46.90 at kiddy palace and the pacifier is $4.90 each at kiddy palace.

So basically you will save $16.70.

I can meet at bugis mrt, buangkok mrt or seng kang mrt for self collection. Do pm me if you are interested.

6304107.jpg

Piggy :
I like the way u introduce your hubby.... really he can be a home dad? if without helper also can?

My hubby is not the domestic kind .... he can let the clothes just hang on the drying rod for 2 weeks till he does his next round of laundry. He does his own and i do mine. Cos i dont want to do things for him as i feel imbalance as I am also working ma... plus i pay half of the household expenses. *at least piggy ur hubby pay all*

So with #2 coming along, we have decided to have a maid as my mum who helps to take care of my gal after childcare ends at 530pm also "surrender", and I really dun want to nag at hubby anymore. I guess this is the only choice ba.

Pray I will be lucky for 1st time to get good maid..... Usually its luck i guess.

Astro,
From the way you typed, you are wondering whether you should choose your kids over your career, but still I can sense the obvious hesitation there. Actually it's not easy to just give up like that, if you can pick up from where you left off a couple of years later, it's still quite alright. If not really need to consider properly. But to be frank, we can always choose to focus on career anytime during the next few decades but kids' childhood will not wait for us.

Actually I realized for most of the top students who are well-behaved, their mummies are usually not working or having flexi hour jobs. They spend a lot of time with their kids, which is something busy FTWM cannot do. Imagine leaving for work for 8am and reaching home at 7pm, how much time to spend with kids? At most 2 hours a day and it's actually self comfort that it's quality time, especially before the kids enter primary school. Sorry that I'm really frank cos I'm a FTWM and sometimes I spend long hours in sch till I feel fed up that I only see my girl for a while before she sleeps. If not for the job satisfaction I get from my students, I would have left the job long time ago.

My colleagues who are in their 50s and 60s have got kids who were from GEP, scholarship holders and all holding good university degrees. That's mainly cos they could leave sch at 1pm and spent the rest of the day teaching their own kids, thats what my colleagues admitted too. However from what I observed from my colleagues who still have kids in pri and sec sch, the kids aren't doing that well. They are just average scorers if not above average, definitely not the top scorers type. So we can easily guess the reasons. That is also why a few of my teacher frens have decided to give up their career to tend to the kids at home. Cos they won't want to spend their time teaching others' kids instead of their own.

I strongly believe there is no such things as "superwoman" in this society now,. If one is a high flyer in your company or organization, you are bound to work long hours, where is the time spent with your kids. These mummies can soar high in careers cos they have made their choices and whether they have the best of everything, they can judge for themselves and we can't say they are wrong too. People have diff priorities in life, and not everyone is suitable to be a SAHM, just like myself hehe.

But still, I do not prioritise my family and kids over my career. I've given up promotional opportunities since few years back and recently, at the same time seeing my peers getting promoted faster than me. Well, there is no regret or envy cos that is my personal choice and I'm happy with my job scope and status now. If I were to take up any management position, I would be in sch from 6plus in the morning till 6plus in the evening everyday, not forgetting to add, bringing work home as well. This is not the kind of life I want but yet I know I'm not suitable to be SAHM. I mentioned before I dun like child rearing duties like feeding and nappy changing, though I dun mind playing with my girl. I admit I dun have much maternal instincts, I focus more on the intellectual and character development of my girl, while my hubby really enjoys playing with her. I think my hubby is more suitable to stay at home than me as he does more housework and he cooks dinner everyday when he can but I hate to go near the stove lol. Plus he bathes my girl everyday. Though he earns more than me but not by that much, he covers almost all the expenses at home. That is why I can relax about taking no pay leave till end of next year after delivery. I think most importantly the couple must work together and have mutual understanding. My hubby let me choose what I wanna go in my career as long as I can cope with the family too. Just that I'm very sure I wouldn't want to have to have a nice job title in future, 6-7 digits lying in the bank, but with kids whom I'm not even close to. Think that will be my biggest regret in life.

Wow first time I type so much, hope I dun bore those who are reading.
happy.gif

ASTRO>i agree with piggy, it's not ez, to work fil time, study fill time, take care of kids and the household chores.i'm going cuckoo at times!wanna give up wrk, cos taking care of my boy give sme so much more satisfaction sometimes, but it also means that all my FUQW$)Q@$# effort in shoving n juggling in this career went down the drain
so i agree with Crystalline,
that no women is a career superwomen, unless a price is paid, and most of the time, it's her family and kids that are neglected, think properly ok?and once u take that step of faith, work hards towards it, then there will be no regrets!!

OOOoo anyway congrats KRC on your boy!!!
I still dunno boy or girl but nevertheless, healthy happy baby is most most impt.

piggy:thanks for you constant concern!hugs!!!i'm gonna print the f#*$ thesis end next wk. 9th bday present to myself!!!YAYYYYYYY!!!!!

ok back to the ?F@!#$ piece of door stopper

moments> yup its my first bao bei... yeah very near... u gg TMC? if same maybe can visit lol

kayla> I also have pimples but mine is at the hairline near to the forehead, kept poping.. then face, not a lot lah but a few... then no pus one lei, like bumps only small small red red de... eeks... very dry... put lots of moisturiser also no use... anyone have good face moisturiser or one that hydrates well...

hi all, i'm new to this thread...

i'm expecting my 2nd child, edd shld be end May. Looking at the list, my baby may be one of the last May 12 baby.
happy.gif

Thanks Esther.. yup, I guess healthy baby is the most impt. I'm hoping that really nothing will clash with the baby as I'm overseeing my renovation for the house.. eg, like, I've seen the workers plaster the wall - which my mil told me to avoid, cos she said in future, my child will have patches on the face/body if there's a clash, etc, things like that... so let's hope all is well, and a healthy baby on the way.
happy.gif

Hohoho.. I realised there's a percentage of daddies who can do a better job! Just like my hubby! haha.. he's the stay home dad, spent time with my son, discipline him, teaches him, and doing the standard routines of washing him up, feeding him, etc etc. He's also the cook for the house, and I don't cook at all. I'm actually glad and very much appreciated that he's been staying home for the past 1 year, cos I really see a change in my son's behaviour. Much much better well-behaved than in the past. Doesn't throw tantrum easily, is happier now as compared to when he was in child care, etc etc..

stobeli,

Mine is the same as yours.... but mine alot lah. Beautician says its pores blocked due to hormones changes. no wonder i apply a lot of moisturiser also unless coc blocked liao cant absorb.

btw my EDD is 4th May... near yours... maybe we can same ward at TMC ? lol....but i think will pop early like #1. end Apr'12. This round might be a lot faster cos #1 labour quite short.

Moment, i wish i was holding a high position in my co! hahaha but i m not. seriously! just that my job is very unique so co was willing to give me a slightly different package.
happy.gif

Kayla, i think u were referring to Astro, not me lah.. hahaha.. i m the one that earns more than my hb and i pay more for the household stuff so def not me whose hb can pay for everything! if i have someone like that, then i won't be so stress at work. :p mine is also not the domestic kinda hb.. he sucks at housework. if the floor dirty, then wear slippers lor.. zzzzz... but he is a very gd playmate for my son.. my son prefers him to me.. sigh.. i m the disciplinarian.

Astro, i do agree with what Crystalline and Esther said.. something gotta give.. those super career women might not have seen their kids' first step, hear the first words or even know that their kids are dating.. its only us women, always creating this fantasy for ourselves that we can achieve happiness at work and in the family. i know by working so hard, that the thing i sacrificed was time with my son.. he used to want me to do everything but by and by, he prefers his dad cos i m half dead by the time i get home. really no energy to play with him. time with him is sitting on the sofa and talking quietly but when he is with my hb, they will invent the nicest and wildest games together.

Esther, of cos i m concerned abt u lah! i have been there and done that. I know how tedious it is, esp towards the last stretch!! hang in there! u can see the light at the end of the tunnel liao!! if u need to vent come online and chat with me.. or if u need moral support..
happy.gif
Happy birthday in advance!

Welcome Peicatz! u can fill in ur details here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlkhAiLkfq55dG1pVmdKY3VVOFB0UVp5Wkc2NFJWcEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Vanilla, i just recall why u could have only seen 20 mommies. in the link abv there are already 68 mommies!! (wow! why aren't u guys coming out to chat??) Babypom did one spreadsheet too that was in our secret FB grp.. that one has 20+ mommies.. did u copy the wrong link??

i wouldnt give up my family, kids development for my career.. much as i can, i hope to juggle between the 2.. but if i really have to give up one, i may have to give up my career and chase it back later... my mom raised 4 of us kids and in my opinion, we are ok kids, all went to Uni.. but she really work and come home, never go elsewhere.. my dad is always not at home, bz with his business.. so i am inclined towards the thought that moms are the caretakers, but if i earn SUPER alot of money, more than my hubby, then i will ask him to be a sahd.. hahahaa....

Wow - such an interesting discussion going on here.

I also agree with Crystalline - it all depends on our priorities and really what you are inclined towards.

Just to share, for me, family always comes first. I gave up my teaching career about 4 yrs back, after my first m/c. It was a definitely a route less travelled among my peers back then, but my hb was very supportive, and financially he earned much more than me as well, and we have no probs in that aspect. I am definitely not the career minded sort, and in fact have been very much wanting a baby... A few reasons led me to the decision to switch from full time teaching to giving tuition.. one of them was that my father in law was getting sickly and needed someone to be around... Anyways it was a decision I have not yet regretted.

I guess what I miss most about work is not so much the work itself (as much as there is job satisfaction, for me, it's also a lot of responisibility and for me I think I tend to drive myself too hard to the point that I don't balance work and play, so it becomes a bit unhealthy), but rather, the community of friends i've made over the years with the colleagues..

As for the money, yes, I can always do with more, esp with baby coming etc. But I think like what Crystalline said, time spent with the kid is impt too.

I think it really depends on your own inclinations. If you think that when you stay at home, you are going to stress everyone out, then perhaps really a better thing to do is to continue working...

For me, I rather enjoy spending time at home... still remember when i was teaching at school, i used to fall sick so frequently! Taking 10 days of mc a year was a norm, whereas now, I hardly fall sick - for one, i will definitely get enough sleep.

My mom was a SAHM as well, so I guess how we were brought up also plays an impt role in our world views...

Hi to all mother to be, I hope u can take 1 min to help to vote for my lil boy in a Facebook contest. Pls kindly help to vote for my LIL MONSTER~
This contest will end at 5pm today so really really appreciate if you can take a min off ur busy schedule to help and vote for my lil darling. Thanks a lot for the kind help~ :D

He will be extra merry happy for Xmas if he can get the vouchers for more more toys!

Pls kindly follow these 2 steps:

1ST STEP: PLS LIKE THE BELOW LINK
http://www.facebook.com/DinosaursLiveExhibition

2ND STEP: CLICK ON THE BELOW LINK TO LIKE THE PHOTO
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=236574269735610&set=a.235650929827944.58525.201414056584965&type=3&theater

Morning mummies,

Lets give ourselves a treat!

Resturant: Si Chuan Dou Hua Resturant - Top of UOB Plaza/ ChongQing Hot Pot@Suntec
Type : Ala carte steamboat (food will be served)
Date : 16 Dec Friday
Time : After work abt 6.30pm - 7pm
Price range est $50 +/-

Please let me know the attendance by 30 Nov so that I can make reservations. (Dec month might be very crowded)
To join, pls post and add on ur nick

1) gladseow

rosegal: i'm an ex teacher too! and i'm missing it over the last 2 yrs.. i left the service to help my dad... i miss all the kids! =(

Rosegal and Zara,
Wow didn't know you two were teachers too! Were you all teaching in pri sch? Yeah you are right, the kids are real adorable and sweet. Though we can get very angry at times, but eventually the kids still appreciate us. I get especially touched when my students are already so big, in sec sch or tertiary, yet telling me they miss me and I was the best teacher they ever had. Such satisfaction is something money can't buy and thats what keeps me going. But I must say we are bogged down by a lot of "extra" things other than teaching which makes me feel very sian. So maybe it's not a bad choice you mummies made to leave service too Hee.....

KRC,
Wow your hubby is great, he doesn't mind being a SAHD! If I tell my hubby that he will faint, cos he is a chauvinist, if not why he offers to pay for everything huh haha.... I think it depends on individual thinking too. Main thing is both parties must feel comfortable, who pays more doesn't really matter right?
happy.gif

Zara, Crystalline, hi5! heh, i was a sec sch tcher, i think maybe the kids in pri sch are more adorable?? Not sure.. i enjoyed my time with the kids as well, but i must say it was more on the cca part than the curriculum part. heh. Zara - what are you doing now?

Gladseow - hmm, 50 seems a bit steep for me.. there are other places that have steamboat buffet that are kinder to the budget heh.. there's a new place at tampines mall (jap name i forgot) serving buffet shabu shabu... i think under 30. perhaps downtown is inevitably more expensive..
Guess i will prob give it a miss... expect dec to be filled with makan sessions... and i already started my mega makans in nov!
going for a mandarin orchard triple three buffet this sat... hb also says he feels the indulgence liao! (cos there was a groupon offer, looked too gd to miss!)

heh... on a side note, anyone went for the world orchid convention? It was super nice! I went with my mom who's an orchid lover and we had such a nice time!

hi mommies!

I was down and out the past 2 days! my fever refuses to go below 38.5 =( Had 2 days of panadol. hope baby is fine.

On a good note, gynae just called to say oscar scan cleared with low risk. =) How is everyone's?

I will confirm on the dinner cos i shld be able to go. Need to confirm first. hehe!

hi all! its been a while!

sahm> hai this topic i oso think about it from #1, 2nd preg came n lost, now 3rd preg still thinking haha. mabbe when #2 out bah, after the 4month maternity... but when i stay home for 1st 8 months after my #1 born, i really buay tahan. dun feel lik ehuman being. more like a cow. everything in my world revolves baby and hubby. hai was a relief to get back to work. dunno if i can dong long term SAHM not

gladseow>> i love si chuan dou hua! will try to make it that day.

rosegal> wow admire u left ur job. i oso want to but afraid we cannot make ends meet leh... lik emy girl's kindy juz raised fees by like $100... aiyo costs keep rising and now wif #2 we hoping to upgrade from our little 3 rm place. is it hard to make a living giving tuition? i guess as an ex sch teacher, pay should be good?

yip> take care! i think is ok to take the normal panadol only (no extra, flu or menstrual) congrats on the good oscar results!

Crystalline - Wow!! Enjoy your babymoon. Have a great time in Bali ya.

Rosegal - no worries, shall arrange a gathering in the east one of these days. keke.. i am a fan of groupon too. Just love the deals.

Yip - Poor girl. Plz take care and get well soon ya. Congrats on the results. Me too.. looking forward for my result. Looking forward to seeing u.

Morning mummies,

Lets give ourselves a treat!

Resturant: Si Chuan Dou Hua Resturant - Top of UOB Plaza/ ChongQing Hot Pot@Suntec
Type : Ala carte steamboat (food will be served)
Date : 16 Dec Friday
Time : After work abt 6.30pm - 7pm
Price range est $50 +/-

Please let me know the attendance by 30 Nov so that I can make reservations. (Dec month might be very crowded)
To join, pls post and add on ur nick

1) gladseow
2) Yip (elffie) - TBC
3) dime (dimensionx) - TBC

>>> Shall tentatively put in your names TBC.

Calling for OrangeBB! Just saw from the link that your gynae also A/Prof Han? Do you go to the AMK Clinic or KKH to see him? We might bump into each other! :p

Re: Outing/Ma La Steamboat
I love Ma La.. haha.. will try to make it.. cant confirm yet as I'm planning to travel during that weekend. Tks for arranging!

Hi mummies!How is every one??? I need some time to read up.
I have been down for almost a week. On & off fever, flu, sore throat, cough. Still struggling to get well now. Went Port Dickson last weekend with the illness, really cant enjoy at all. No swims as well cos scare my flu & fever will get worst. Hope bb is doing fine with all my medications. Cant wait to see him next Fri!!!

Back