(2012/05) May 2012

So happening? tmr monday leh.. u all still so happy chatting at this hour! haha..

Fifi, it was me.. i had a touchy MIL. i really dun like ppl touching me. Gives me BH. u know when my doc scanned me for #1, i had BH all the time while he was scanning me? :p sensitive skin..

Mic, yay! feel baby kick liao hor? i also starting to feel it daily.. right now still quite weak, hardly abt to feel it through my tummy (u feel like an internal kick if u get what i mean) but last couple of days can see my tummy move a bit.
happy.gif

Hrmm massage ah.. i nv did it.. may be u gals can try lah.. for me, think its my built. i have no prob losing my weight within a mth aft i deliver.. tummy also flatten quite fast.. i find that its my hips that got bigger! :p a fren did tell me of this place that does very gd massage.. let me check with her and get back to u.
happy.gif

Candymix, i agree with what Crystalline says.. ur own voice is louder (esp when u are shouting) to the baby (cos u produce the sound from ur throat which travels through ur tissues and bones) so movies are fine.. go relax and enjoy.

Selling Capella S230 premium cony stroller @ $250.
* Used less than 10 times. Bought this year!

-

Selling Avent electronic/manual single breastpump @ $190
100% Brand new in packaging!
Comes with Free breast shield!

Prices can be negociated!
Sms @ 98899784

You know, during the weekend, I also thought i felt something. It goes like a inside throb, throb, throb type of feeling.

Micteo and piggy, hwo does your kick feels like?

Hello all mummies

I'm checking in as well as a new "member".
I hope everyone's feeling great.
I should be on my 14th week, coming 15th dis week...
happy.gif

I see a few Apr'09 mummies around too... #1 was in Apr'09 too, but I wasn't very active in the thread previously...

Morning mummies, how u know the difference between stomach rumbling/ churning vs bb movement?

I can see slightly where bb heart is lar, cos the heartbeat throbs n my tummy moves

Crystalline: yah my #1 so abit blur about everything haha

I am going to see beanie this wednesday... very excited lei... Dr Ang say maybe can see the gender... kept thinking why today only Monday... cant wait cant wait... hope Mon and Tues just fly and tml wake up... wednesday.

Actually I am more excited to see the growth instead of the gender lol... just hope she's growing well...

Fifi - nvm, it's okay, i'm quite sure I got alright birds' nest so it's okay, thanks anyway
happy.gif

Stobeli - so exciting - get to see beanie again... my next visit is so for away!!
sad.gif
more than 1 month away... wondering if i should ask to have another appt hiak hiak

as for massage, I thought someone posted a link earlier on... compassvale massage, just google it and you'll find it...i made a booking for next week, but it's v far.. in sengkang... but seems v cheap for $38/hr. think i'll prob go try and tell you gals how it was!
happy.gif

I went for that sengkang's massage before. The auntie is nice and massage is ok too. I went once only. If her house is near, I would have returned... But its just far from where I stay so I did not visit her again...

Hi mummies

I have been missing out alot of stuff since the last log in..

I wanna start taking bird nest but I bought the raw type which need to soak ourselves.. it took so long to be soft and the feathers seems like quite alot. need to ask my maid to take it out pcs by pcs..

usually I double boiled with 'pao sheng' but I don like it cos it tasteless and I don really fancy bird nest..

so this time round I ask her to make into dessert, put pandan leave, red dates and dried longans to make it sweet haha..

Moments> my mum recently bought me those one pc bird nest, very clean de... and the soaking time is fast. Cos I cook my own birdnest, only took 2 hours: 1 hour to soak and 1 hour to boil... normally I reach home after work, start soaking at 8pm, boil at 9pm, then eat at 10pm... after awhile sleeping time!!! I went to buy with mummy, the auntie say now the birdnest not like last time need to soak very long... cos now the demand is high, once the nest is form, people collect it already, so the bird nest is still quite "fresh"... last time, it might take awhile before the nest is "found" and collected, by then the nest harden liao... somemore now the bird nest quite clean de... normally I soak le, rinse a few times and can only spot 2 or 3 tiny thin feather only... which can be easily removed and washed off, so quite okie... by the way I bot at this "China looking" store (Yue Hua) at Jurong Point de... quite good lei the bird nest, I like...

So much talk about bird nest, going to make it tonight then... lol then my beanie will be "mei mei" when I see her on Wednesday... =)

Hi stobeli

Thanks for the info.. I bought this birdnest very ex somemore... it cost me about nearly 800 for half dozen.. Actually this I bought it last it end of 2009. till now still quite fresh as long as put it in frozen compartment of the freezer..

You already know the gender? when is ur edd?
I am so excited to know the gender but meanwhile also scare I got boy again haha

Hey mummies,

busy these few days...

Re: Online Spreadsheet
I see is only less then 20 mummies leh.. strange.. =(

Re: Bird Nest,
Mom is cooking it for me tml.. haa.. yummy.. shoik!! =D

stobeli, my appt wif dr ang is stil like 3 weeks away lo... sian... sibei long la.. But Dr ang said tat next visit can try to see e gender le.. haa..

Re:Maternity Clothes,
If you gals r interested can take a lot at this FB - Little Collectionz.. They are having Pre-order.. They have changed the Pre-order date line to this wed.. So if u gals wanna place order muz before this date wor.. =P

Re: Meet Out,

Seems like our meet out will be for these 2 days..

Mummies who haven vote.. u can vote too...

Time and Venue TBC.. Stay tuned.. =D

9th Dec, Fri
1) qinyi
2) kaylin
3) sadsad
4) FieDa
5) Dreamymi (nite only)
6) desdes (after office hr)

10th Dec, Sat
1) zara
2) rosegal
3) Sunflower
4) desdes
5) stobeli

For mummies who just joined this thread.

Kindly uodate your particulars here. This is an online spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlkhAiLkfq55dG1pVmdKY3VVOFB0UVp5Wkc2NFJWcEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Hello mummies.. I took a day off today.. really too tired to work. Went gynae in the morning. Confirmed it's a baby boy.
sad.gif
Wah... I'll have 2 noisy boys at home in future!!! EDD now moved to 1st May.. hahaha..

Also went for TCM yesterday. Going to take some medication for a week... to help me "pu" a bit.. still losing weight.
sad.gif
Sob sob...

krc, WAH!!! already know gender liao ar... *envy envy* How many weeks are u in now??

U gals are making me wanna book another appt to gyane to see my beanie!!! *sob sob*

envy krc! :D boy is good la, then got chance to get preggie again for girl! how many weeks are u? is it a very obvious boy sign? hehe.my scan is 3 weeks time also time to tell gender. i still strongly believe is girl girl :p

good morning all.. long time no come in..

sorry.. who were the ladies who are interested in the kelly's photography?

re:eek:utings
sorry, can't join for this one.. wld be out of SG

re: gender
boys are earlier seen.. my 2nd boy.. twelve weeks already flaunting his gender!

Stobeli: cute leh. boys.. my house not that noisy lah.. probably due to my elder one who is more sendentary.. the younger one is a torn-a-do.

my scan is this friday.. i wonder why i am not excited? .. haiz..

POLL: how many of you mummies would give up a career with prospects.. to tend to your kids?

this is bugging me.. coz of my elder son who goes in one year ahead for primary school coz he is borned on the first of jan.. not sure if he is cognitively ready .. and he needs assurance kind. not gungho like his younger bro.. so i dunno.. haiz. my career like start-stop.. start-stop kind so sian..
appreciate any sharing..

my hb told me.. he knows i am not cut out at home.. as in.. i can do all the tasks required.. but my heart is always somewhere else.. after achievement.. so it is better that i continue working.. haiz..

ops paiseh..
KRC is the one confirmed with boy.. not stobeli :p

who were the ladies trying PEM agency for confinement lady?
i think in general i am okay with the agency. but the qualitiy of the confinement lady.. at least the one i got for my 1st.. leaves much to be desired..
second one didn't get one.. felt so tired..
so this time gotone through friends' recommendation.. so far she has served two of my frens.. and both frens v picky kind :)P).. i hope she is that gd.

Hi Astro pro... since we already got 2 boys I also wondering my this one is gal or boy.. when keep asking my elder one, he keep saying he wan didi... but my 2nd boy will say mei mei.. but they not confirmed de.. keep changing their mind.. but even though is boy I hope the most importantly we all mummy wish is bb is in the best of health..

when is your appt? My appt is next fri.. seems like still got long way to go.

talking about job, how old diff between your 2 boys? if you give up your job will u be doing all the housework or you have a maid?

astro: the challenges of a working mother these days! does your job scope allow part time or work from home for a period of time?

maybe can consider this flexi working arrangement with your boss, for like 6 months and see how? but if cannot, then i guess it's really up to your gut feeling which one to choose. or stop work for 1 - 2 years to prepare your toddlers for school then go back to work full time again? Have you stopped working before?

Moment: i haven't actually told my boys.. or rather.. didn't make a deliberate attempt to tell .. my elder boy still refers to my 2nd boy as 'my baby'...ha. quite sweet hor?

my next appt is this friday.

my elder boy turns 5 jan 2012.. and my younger boy just turned 2 years old in oct this year.. i dun have to do all the housework as i have a helper.. but my hb 'warned' me that i wld have to drop all the enrichment courses my boys are going if i choose to stay at home.. ...

sian.. so sian thinking about this.. worse still is i have to tell my superior if i wanna accept that bigger job responsibility.. soon.. haiz.

Morning ladies.. yes, very obvious it's a boy. The thing sticking out in between the legs, and the hands are not even close by.. I'm now 15weeks plus.

Sunflower, actually I also don't know what medication the TCM gave me.. cos it's all self-packed one.. so it's not written.... but most of her patients are people who are trying for a baby, or pregnant women.. so I guess it's safe ba.. Going to see her again in 1 week's time.

Moment: i gave up my job. and Stay at home.. when preg with my elder boy .. then for a year.. i won't say i was having a high flying job then.. but not too bad the prospects.. then when i stayed at home. i drove everyone up the wall :p
largely due to the fact.. i started focusing my attention on my elder boy.. a bit too much.. with unbending routines.. and my mum worsen the moments with all her hearsay on how to bring up the boy.. haiz.. anyway.. when everyone was gushing and enjoying life withthe kid at home. i was uneasy.. nervous.. and unsettled.. i kept moping around the house.. wondering if i would be changing diapers all my life.. i had post natel blues for a moment and had to see a pyscharist during that period of 1 year....

so when i cldn't take it anymore. i came back to work.. in my current job.. and i thought i learned to appreciate my boy a lot more.. the atmosphere at home became much better.. adn more relaxed.. that led my hb to conclude. i cannot stay at home.. for everybody's sake.. :p

Olivia: my job does have the part time option.. but the part time option would be leaving and quiting as a FT.. and that means.. future prospects are about 'gone'.. there is a demand for me to take up a Masters by my company for capability development so that i can do more.. but so funny.. quit. but still do the masters? not that it is that exp.. but somehow not very logical leh.. u get what i mean?

yes i stopped work.. when preg with my elder boy.. then resumed.. so in a sense. i can't help but feel that i am far behind my frens of the same age.. though they are not married and don't have kids.. and their alarm bells are ringing now.. :p

Astro pro - I guess it's very individual. For me, I don't want to be a career wonderwoman. So I'm fine to give up my job for family, even if it means, no holiday plans, etc. I always feel that there's only a certain period of time that the children needs us, and once they passed the stage (teenager, for eg), they no longer need us. By then it's just a "consultant role" as a parent. So it's worth to sacrifice a few years of career for the family. But of cos, this is very individual..

Furthermore, if you take up the bigger job responsibility, imagine, would you have time in future now that you have 3 kids?

Even if you have to drop enrichment classes - perhaps you can teach your kids on your own? Would it not be more meaningful? Just my thoughts..

KRC: u made a very valid pt. and that was what my hb told me to think through also --> exactly what are the things i want in life?

So he asked me.. would u teach the boys at home? i have the expertise.. but i dunno if i have the discipline.. :p.. and yes.. i am especially aware of the impact of the parental influence on kids in their early childhood.. coz i am in teaching.. and each time i see youths.. i sighed.. it always get me saying 'next time my boys jolly well cannot be like that'. .. three quarter of these youths are neglected by parents.. since young..

i think i am concerned about my self actualisation.. kinda selfish.. ha.. but then again. what u have mentioned is v real.. u lose the kids. u lost them..

i dun think i can cope with 3 kids.. work full time.. and still take on part time masters.. i think i will die first..

i have this nice image of me.. sitting beside my elder son.. teaching him his primary school work.... :p... but the reality is now.. i see him colour sooooo slowly.. i go thinking 'can u pls hurry up?' :S

my hb is telling me.. go work! coz he knows me (he claims)..better than i know myself..

or cld it because if i work.. i am distracted.. and wun bug him that much :p

Astro pro - if financially you are ok, perhaps you can quit and do your masters, and take care of your family. This way, maybe you won't feel that I'm giving up my career just for the family.. at the same time, you are doing your masters, and there's a different fullfillment there?

Or perhaps you can think about doing some kind of other part time - eg, online selling, or if you are interested in teaching music, kind of thing, you can start off with something that you are keen to do?

Astro: I also give up my job after I gave birth to my 2nd boy as my maid suddenly needs to go back due to her bf mother pass away.. end up I need to resign from work and take over her position, but she did came back after that.

Now she said she is going to continue with me for another 2 years.. I was thinking if touch wood there is something happened again and she got to go back immediately what I am going to do man with 3 kids.. she is requesting to go back during my maternity leave and I told her I will arrange. Imagine I got to bring 2 boys to childcare and another one on my arm.. don dare to think if I without a helper..

I also abit demoralise.. my colls are going for degree on their own or being sponsor by co to go for degree. as I am new so I will need to wait for the sponsorship if I want, but with 3kids even I want to study also afraid I could not cope, right now reach home only I din even have time to co my younger son.. the elder one will always cling on me, sometimes after watching 7pm show my eyes are getting tired.. the most I can last is till 10pm and I will doze off le.. Now really got no time for them..

My hubby also asking me whether I want to give up my job and take care of my kids anot.. but I afraid my financial will be tight and staying at home will make me feel bored with my 2 kids going to sch.. but if my 3rd one is a girl.. maybe my hubby will ask me to pay more attention to my girl haha...

Being a women really hard life, got to manage home and career at the same time. But if we give up our job, I wondering childcare still will give the same subsidy rate anot..

Worried about hubby, son, education etc.. if we don't work will also afraid later everything leave it to hubby what happens if we quarell alot of things will come out from them.. Women really no protection haiz...

Astro, hrmm u mentioned that u can go and do a Masters? Is it full time? My suggestion is that u stop work and study full time. Having gone through this route, I can tell u it's no joking matter to juggle work and studies plus a baby (in ur case 3 kids) at the same time. I think Esther will agree w me. It is very tough and if u can get paid yet study full time, that will be one possible way to move ahead.

I myself have no patience teaching my son and unlike u, I also dunno how to. I'm quite a lousy mom in the sense that I'm super busy at work and have no qualms delegating this to others. But one thing im sure, I cannot stay at home!! I will go nuts! And i love to work because of the autonomy and also the respect I get from work. Makes me feel like I m useful. I think it boils down to ur personality. I'm an overachiever and highly competitive hence I know if I stay at home, I will stress my kids to death. And I will nv be satisfied, always wondering if the results my kids produce are good enough and will feel that everything they do is a reflection of how gd a mom I'm!! Stress hor? So for me I rather spend quality time than quantity time w them. I dun wanna be screaming at them all the time.

Just to share w u that I have a close fren whose mom quit her job as an accountant to take care of her and her bro. Both of them are from the raffles family of sch but the mom drove them really hard in all aspects of their lives. Once my fren was cooking dinner and accidentally burnt the soup. The mom scolded her throughout dinner that all my fren did was to cry. She didn't eat a single mouthful. That was when she was 20 years old already. She chose to study overseas to escape from her mom. Thats one possible way that things might pan out for u if u know u are the control freak type.

Anyway thats just my POV. U really gotta know what u want on life, as what ur hb says. For me, independence is very impt, whether financially, or at work. I nv wanna be dependent on anybody in any part of my life.
happy.gif

KRC, congrats on ur boy!! First to know gender in this thread!! My next appt is next tues and guess what? My hb forgot abt it AGAIN!! So means I have to go to the gynae myself. Sigh.

KRC: that is one of the arrangements i am considering.. but that wld mean.. i dun have to take up the masters if i dun want to. because. 'no need for it' anymore..unless i intend to come back to this org.. and things can change.. so other pple would have fill this gap liao..

moment: my current helper is extending her ocntract with me.. if count the new contract renewal.. 6 years in total.. u are very nice.. during maternity leave and u would permit ur helper to go back..
happy.gif

yes.. no time for them.. i think both my boys are at the age when they can learn a lot now.. but i know i am not doing enough for them....

and yes.. independence is also what i want.. i didn't like the feeling of having to ask $ from my hb for every single thing i wanted when i was at home.. not that i am earning millions now.. but at least.. if i want to buy anything . i dun have to think that much...

Astro: Does your elder boy still wear diaper during night? v angry with my hubby this morning.. we argue cos of letting my elder boy wear diaper anot..

My hubby afraid that he keep controlling and will affect my boy's bradder.. he ask me to wear diaper for my boy in day time like when we are going out so that my boy don control his urine till he is very urgent then tell us that he want to pee.. but this is not the point, my boy just tends to be lazy..

how can we wear it for him where else childcare is teaching them not to wear.. sometimes he also urine out when he was taking his nap in school.

Sometimes guys thinking really diff from women...

Piggy: think our aspirations and afflinations are kinda similar.. u need to read what i wrote earlier abt driving everyone up the wall when i stay at home.. :p.. hmm. ok. think i am a control freak.. and yes. i like how things are working out for me at work now.. no. cannot do full time.. coz the masters currently needed is only available part time..

Moment, I agree!! Not easy to be a woman!! I earn a lot more than my hb, pay the bulk of the bills, yet I m the one that has to rush home to pick my son up and wait for hb to come home from work at 10pm then have dinner. Only aft dinner then I start doing my own work till 1-2am. Luckily now still not as busy so can escape working at home. Yet if I tell my hb to stay at home to be a house husband he won't ever do it. Yet if it was me, he will say ok cos men are supposed to work and women shd stay at home. I hear liao also boil man! He can't provide for the family yet thinks that if there's a need for one of us to stay at home, it shd be me!!!' arghhh!

moment: my elder boy is still wearing diapers at night.. more due to my laziness.. :p i mean.. who will wear diapers to bed when P 1? soon 2013.. and i will laugh at my boy if he still does that.. he is lazy.. and it doesn't help his mama is lazy too.. :p.. he can wake up to go to toilet at night. but not v reliable still..
day time. def off diapers.. how old is ur older boy?.. think u are right.. that is not the point.. u wun want ur boy to hold on too much.. risk infections..

that's why if I quit my job there is alot to think of..

my hubby keep telling me, I did not contribute much at home and might as well don't work but my cpf contribution for paying my flat can help too.. if I dont work alot of things need to be constraint.. that y v 'fan' too..

Is your maid indo/fillipino.. sometimes helper also need to give and take.. if not also too much to worry of..

Piggy: my hb earns way more than me.. and i think he shd be.. LOL.. ok.. i know. i am old fashioned.. he pays all th ebills.. but choose not to do for his boys' enrichment. he says i am over-doing it.. so he is not going to encourage it.. sickening man..so whatever peanuts i am earning now.. pays all the enrichment.. childcare.. whatever not.. .. and no way the horrid man will continue the classes if i stop working for the boy one.. stupid man.

and u know what?! he is perfectly happy to stay at home. be a stay at home dad.. if i can bring in the bacon....!!!!!.. ok.. now i got u all interested to meet my hb..lol...

moment: mine is a flipino.. i think if u ask her.. she wld tell u. our household must be the best she ever worked for.. :p.. hp. no prob.. use at night.. want off.. can.. once at week.. my hb also sponsered her a trip home juz to see her son graduate!.. u see?.. so she really cannot say us too much.. my house no rules.. what she wants to do.. she can do.. but i tink she knows.. once she does something wrong.. no second chance one.. so for all the freedom she enjoys.. she appreciates.. and mutual respect.

Hi,

Have a good CL to recommend. Have already recommended her to 4 mummies in SMH. SHe is booked till next yr Aprl currently.

SHe was my CL for my twins in this Jan, taking care of them herself even during night time :)

SHe cooks nice confinement food ( for yourself and family ), and does baby laundry :)

can email me for more details

[email protected]

Hi piggy
This is man's ego.. but you also wont want him to stay at home too long and long you will feel unbalance too.. although now my hubby earn abit more than me.. but if I dont' work I will feel that really not enough for us as my boys will need to go for more enrichment course too as times goes by. plus their insurance really alot to think of.. during that time I stayed at home for about 6 months I can feel the stress.. times flies very fast every month.

Astro: my boy is going to be 4 years old this coming Mar.. the prob is he don't like to wear diaper as he feel warm.. he still can tell me "Mummy I wont urine on your bed" but end up he did.. now my poor bed is all patches all over.. poor bed =( sometimes the way kids talk is so innocent.. which also very cute..

astro: ya flipino will tends to have more request.. but work long le then will sure have alot of request.. ur're right.. helper is to have mutual respect..

your hb earns alot more than you then you dont' have to worry about those childcare subsidy etc... good for you..

when I just joined this co, my ex coll also quit her job to take care of her kids .. so envy..

Moment! i dun find that cute leh! the boy telling me and really doing it on my bed! i wld spank the daylight out of him!!!

just a week back.. haha. my elder boy (nickname =Bao) had this conversation with me.. silly conversation. but really funny i feel..

Me: go shower.
Bao: ok. but i want aunty E (my helper) to shower me.
Me: ok. go ask her
Bao: I know you are fierce
Me: how do you know that?
Bao: I just know that.
Me: good for u

then he went off to shower..

LOL.... :p
My hb burst out laughing.. when i told him that :p
hahahahah..

Astro, looks like u know what u want but u are asking urself if u are being selfish by seemingly to choose something that is good for u personally but might not benefit ur son? I think u shd not just look at the stay at home factor only, also other things that with half the family income gone, can u afford to give him the life he has been having so far? U mentioned he goes for enrichment. Do the classes help? If they don't, u might wanna change them to find something that really works rather than to send them to branded schools.

Another story for u. I have another gd fren, who has a deg and also TWO diplomas. Yet she chose to give them all up for her kids. She worked as a childcare assistant for a couple of years so that she can spend time w her kids. Yet she cannot give up her old lifestyle of buying stuff that her frens buy for her kids. Her frens will always jio her to buy stuff and organize sprees so she always buys something. If she buys for her first kid, she HAS to buy something for the other 2 kids whether they need or want it or not. There was once she went shopping w me and saw a tee shirt she liked very much for herself. Yet in the end she reluctantly gave up buying it because she couldn't afford $20 for that tee!! I saw it and told myself I won't ever be caught in a situation like that. I will buy the things I want with my own money. Now she has completely wiped out her savings buying stuff for her kids. She once bought a high chair from US, those portable type to bring out for $100. Use 4-5xs then nv use already. When I asked her why need to buy when can use those in restaurants, she said it is cleaner etc. but aft that she admitted that it's too tedious to carry everywhere.

Aiyah I just wanna say though money can't buy happiness but money can buy u things that make u happy (even though it's momentarily). And u don't go crazy asking urself what if I have the money! Haha. Then again u might go crazy asking urself what if I have stayed at home??

Back