(2012/05) May 2012

Hi all Mtb ... So scary I m at my week 13 and suddenly on sat I started passing out fresh blood n a small blood clogs!!! Call my gynea immed...she ask a few qns and She told mi to rest n monitor if the blood dun stop I must go hospital immed.... Lucky bleeding stop n I plan to go see my gynea first thing in the morning tomorrow g just to make sure bb is ok... So worried I m going crazy....

Mummies,

For those who felt beanies kicking.. How is tat feeling like?

These few days I got tis feeling like a sudden beat from inside my uterus area.. Like a bubble pop.. Jus like once when I wanna further feel it den dun have le.. I dunno how to describe the feeling leh..

Like inside got something a punch.. A beat den no more le..
sad.gif

So I'm wondering of that's beanie moving or others moving.. Haa..

Lyn, hope everything is ok for u..

Re: helper,
I'm also a first time mom but I will not be engaging any helper or CL.. Cuz I do not have e extra money to do so. I believe if those mummies can survive without any help so can I.. Maybe Xing ku for tat few months lo... Aft tat will be good le..
happy.gif

Oh no lyn, pls lie down and put yr legs up. Hope everything will be ok...

A-min, I will be engaging a CL.. Actually I intend to just order the confinement catering de, but then I changed my mind.. Cos who knows right, what if I need to do cascerian, then after delivery we need to rest more... So, I decided to engage a CL after much consideration plus my experienced friends also encourage me to get one... It will be less tiring for us.

Vanilla, I aso felt that once in a while, like throb throb throb from inside, then stop. Ya something like a beat or a light punch... But it's very short , and once I realized it, it stopped le...

Lyn,
Please rest more and if you are working, do take some days off and rest at home. Baby is more important than anything else.

Vanilla,
Think at least you must ask your hubby to take at least 2 weeks off to help out and do seek help from your mum and/or MIL. One thing you can't do is to bathe the baby. It's difficult to sit on a stool, and worst thing is to soak your hands in water. Other than that, food is also an issue, must take the herbal soup and nutritious stuffs. I was stubborn during my last confinement and just washed hands in cold water. No joke, my fingers hurt for a few months, like rheumatism. So this time round I gonna be a good girl. Yeah do be mentally prepared if there is a C sect cos it will be very tough for you to do confinement on your own. Do discuss with your hubby ya.
happy.gif

Lyn, hope everything is ok with u. do update us after u check up tmr.. strange that ur gynae didn't ask u to go down to the hospital straight.. fresh blood and clots are emergency case leh..

Vanilla, Ayana, initially baby movements are like internal kicks.. u aren't able to feel it through ur skin yet.. closest way i can describe it is like bubbles popping or when u have gas in ur tummy.
happy.gif
Now mine has progressed to me being able to feel the movement through the skin and baby is very very active.

Re: helper
Like I mentioned before, it all depends on 2 things: how strong u are mentally, and ur support network. if u are the kan cheong spider type, a bit of thing sends u into a panic, then may be getting a helper will be better.. If u have no support or have overbearing inlaws or parents, then having a helper help u have a barrier btw them. that said, some helpers have their own ways of doing things and might not see eye to eye with u. I recommend u gals to get the book, What to Expect - the first year. and also Gina Ford's book Contented Baby to read. both books offer very different perspectives, but it gives u different methods of taking care of the baby.

U can also prepare urself by talking to ur spouse on the following topics:
1) What's hb's role? do u want him to do one bath time with baby a day?
2) breastfeeding - can both of u agree? what level of support is he willing to give?
3) irritating comments - how to handle insensitive elders that talk too much?
4) Routines for baby - follow baby's lead or do u set the routine?
5) Believing old wives tales and scientific proof - can u and ur hb agree?

These are some issues i find that many first time moms sweep under the carpet, only for them to come out when the baby arrives. having common understanding helps both of u when u are all tired from lack of slp and feeling flustered at the 101 different recommendations from well meaning frens and relatives. that's why i suggest really widely and separate fact from fiction and most importantly stick to ur gun.
happy.gif

Ayana, piggy, ya.. It's like got bubble popping.. Jus once.. When I concentrate and wanna sense if it is coming from inside, the popping no more Liao.. Haa

So it tat really beanie moving or like kicking feeling?

Re: Helper,
When confinement I'll be going back to my place. And my mom ends work ard 3-4pm so bathing maybe can wait for her to come back den bath or ask hubby to do it.

I din noe tat when doing confinement we can't even wash stuffs. Hands can't touch water till my cousin told me. So now there's more restriction to it.

I'm only worried tat I can't cope at night. As I'm those muz sleep kind.. Haa.. Will Lai Chuang kind.. So I'm worried in the end I will give up bf.. Which I really dun wish to.. I hope to bf my kid to like 2-3 yrs old.

As for whether bf will be an issue for those elders to say. My side i dun thk so as I have a cousin who bf her son to 2 yrs plus. So I guess it's already proven to those elders. But another worried will be like I dun have enough sleep and maybe have some visitors like elders den they say tis can't tat can't.. Can't like tat feed bb can't like tis.. I thk I'll blow up leh.. Haa.. Cuz I'm those who have my own thking and own way of doing things. Den maybe I'll explain y I wanna do it tis way but they still tell me cant la.. Wun worked out la.. Etc etc.. I'll go crazy lo.. Lol..

So I thk lots of problems will only surface up when aft birth lo.. Haiz..

Morning all,

Disappeared for a week as I was on a conference.

Re: Working or Giving Up Job
It is very dependent on your character. If you are the kind that cannot be a SAHM and be happy, then I would advice you not to be one. You will be so unhappy that it will affect the way you treat your children. If you are the kind that can give up your job & your husband is able to support you, go ahead. But you must make the decision carefully and not on a whim (or based on general advice) as you are giving up a lot of things - don't regret later on. I for one will not be able to be a SAHM because I am more the working kind that the household kind. Throw me work & I probably can handle it. Throw me 3 kids on a naughty day and I probably will cane them before anything. I will also be taking further studies this year. Its distance learning & I think its probably gonna be quite hard but I don't have that much choice.

Re: 1 bedder, 2 bedder or 4 bedder
Basically, if its a 1 bedder, your husband can stay with you. Anything more, your husband cannot stay. If your husband is quite zi dong, then usually other mummies might not complain and he can stay a little later (but not much).

Re: Helper or not
I agree with piggywiggy. If you and your husband are clear about your stands, your roles and sorted out the issues, you can consider not having a helper. If you are going to have relatives who come and "disturb", your husband and you do not agree on some issues, your husband is unable to help, then please go get one. Else later you cannot cope and go into depression.

Vanilla:
I will tell you frankly that if you want to BF successfully, you must be prepared and able to sacrifice some sleep. If you are not willing to do that, it will be very very difficult to maintain your milk supply. And if you sleep through the night without feeding your child/expressing in the first week, you will quite likely face serious engorgement and blocks.

Hi ladies... Finally got to see my Gynae... It due to infection that y I have bleeding... Was given insert as medicine... Beanie is safe n sound!!! Thanks god!!! Thanks for all the concern... Was not ask to go hospital becos I got no pain ... Jus bleeding... Gynae told us if we worried can go down to hospital but charges can be few hundred dollars ... I on tight budget plus no pain so decided to wait till clinic open then go see her... Plus bleeding stop within the day

Vanilla,
Yup if it feels like bubbles popping its most likely the first movements u feel from bb!
happy.gif
Its exciting for a first time mum. Actually how many times mum also exciting lah. Hehe... The movements will get more frequent and more definite as u move on. Look fwd to that!

Helper during confinement-
Piggy's points are very valid....N if there is no helper, the husband's stand n role is very impt.

And... just to share, not to impose this on anyone (I can't be responsible for anyone's long term health!!), I broke almost all the rules during both my confinements. Washed hair twice a day, nvr bathe w herbs, took care n bathed bb daily etc. N i m not suffering from any problems...2 months after giving birth, i went back to playing sports. However, i do find myself falling sick more often after 2 kids tho. Maybe its the confinement. Or maybe its just the rigor of looking after 2 kids n upkeeping the hse (I am a sahm with no helper). Its hard to say.

morning all..

yip: hope u are already well.. do take care yeah?

so many mommies know the gender already! so exciting! i m seeing bb this thurs.. will be 16wks le.. hopefully bb can let me see if boy/ girl.. my other mommy friends think i'm having boy cos stomach is more "pointed"... but as long as bb is healthy, girl or boy is fine with me, i wanna start shopping! hehehe...

piggy, vanilla: i dun feel popping, but fluttering.. can be left, right or somewhere.. is it bb moving?

Re: Helpers,

Thanks mummies. I do agree with what I gals said. I do not have the extra money to engage any CL or maid so I suppose I really had to survive on myself.

Another thing in worrie that will be the meals. Worst come to worst I'll engage a confinement food, but maybe 1 meal only. Cuz my parents can cook for me dinner.

I really need to let my hubby know all these so that he can help me take turns to look aft beanie. Or ask for other help like relatives or wat.. Haiz.. Really headache..

Vanilla, maybe instead of asking hubby to take a straight 2weeks leave, he can take half day leave for 2wks... So he can save his leave too... Just a suggestions, esp if u r not going to hire CL to help... I can understand that due to financial constrains somethings just gotta be taken out of the list even if you wish u could hv it.
sad.gif
Moreover its so ex!!!

Beanie's kicks,
Hmm.. Ya to me it's like a push from inside... But very short... But when beanie gets bigger the kicks/punches will be stronger... I remember I even manage to see my tummy surface moving for my #1.... Like her punch rubbing from inside! :D it's amazing expirence only us mummies can feel!!!

Yip, glad to hear tat u r okie... Try not to walk or carry heavy stuff k... More bed rest! Take care!

Hi mummies,

MIA for a while as I took leave to go back home and busy catching up with work last week when I was back at work.

Vanilla,
Maybe can consider engaging part time helper because you may not know how fast you will recover. And at this point, you do now know either if you'll be delivering natural/c-sect which would obviously need longer recovery time. One of the heavy housework for newborns is also the laundry, esp if you opt to use cloth diaper... I went mad with having to change diaper so often that after 2 weeks decided to just switch to disposable... Hopefully you can find the best arrangement.

Re FTWM vs SAHM,
Agree with what fifi said - it also depends on the type of person you are. When I had my #1, after 3 months of ML, i feel like going back to work as I was so bored with just a baby at home... I am those type of person who needs to talk to people... But after my son grew up and started talking, I realise I enjoyed more staying at home with him... but still, at this point of time need to continue working for financial reason. Too big of a loss if I were to be a SAHM - my plan would be to quit later when kids are in Primary 5/6 probably. I feel for teenagehood, very important for the parents to keep a close relationship with the kids as that is the start of difficult period, particularly for boys.

Re: Booking room in Hospitals
It would probably not matter which bed you book because if on the day you get admitted there are no beds as per your preference, you have to settle for something else.
During my #1, I stayed in 1 bedder and hb stayed with me but for this time around, thinking of getting 2 bedder as hb will definitely have to go home to accompany my #1 to sleep so no point wasting $$ for 1 bedder :p

Lyn,
Glad that everything's fine, have a good rest!
happy.gif

Vanilla,
My suggestion is to ask your mum nicely whether she can take leave for at least the first week after your discharge, cos at least you can learn some ropes of baby care and establish your milk supply. 2nd and 3rd week perhaps can ask your hubby to take half day leave since your mum will be back in the afternoon. Do seek whatever help you can cos when you are in pain from from the wound, lack of sleep and a screaming baby, it's hard not to feel down. Basically the rule of thumb is when baby sleeps, you sleep too. Try not to spend your waking time doing other stuffs like packing and cleaning.

Lyn,
Glad that everything's fine, have a good rest!
happy.gif

Vanilla,
My suggestion is to ask your mum nicely whether she can take leave for at least the first week after your discharge, cos at least you can learn some ropes of baby care and establish your milk supply. 2nd and 3rd week perhaps can ask your hubby to take half day leave since your mum will be back in the afternoon. Do seek whatever help you can cos when you are in pain from from the wound, lack of sleep and a screaming baby, it's hard not to feel down. Basically the rule of thumb is when baby sleeps, you sleep too. Try not to spend your waking time doing other stuffs like packing and cleaning.

Hope everyone is feeling better, guess most of us are already in our early 2nd tri? I'm already feeling less tired and more energetic already... :D yeah!

Christmas is round the corner, has anyone started on their Christmas shopping yet?? :p

Vanilla,
Do think thru if there's anyone who can help u out in the day, at least for 1 or 2 weeks, like what Crystalline says - hb taking leave, mum, in-laws etc. It makes a difference just to have another adult ard n for u not to be left alone w bb in the day for too long. It allows u to take a nap, and have a breather when things gets a little too overwhelming. The crying of a newborn can cause alot of distress n feelings of helplessness to a first time mum. Throw in the post partum hormonal changes n u can get really emotional.

As for catering, it is actually possible to cater 1 meal (lunch) n split it for 2 meals. Coz i heard some caterers, their portion is v big. That will keep the cost down. Coz the confinement meals r not cheap!! Per meal cost ard $26 each. Machiam buffet cost
sad.gif
But if order only 1 meal a day, it will be half the cost. Still not cheap but it will definitely be cheaper than hiring a CL. And nutrition cannot be compromised esp if u want to breastfeed.

Night time is another story.... Other than CL, n maybe your own hb, don't think anyone else will help out at night. So u r on yr own. Its not easy....but it can be done. And yr body will adapt to the lack of sleep. Its not so simple as waking up every 3 hrs to feed bb. After feedg (which can take up to 15 or 45min depending on how fast yr bb is), got to burp, change diaper, then put back to bed.

So... if possible, get help in the day so tt u will have enough rest to tackle the night alone. Don't worry though, it can be done. Our mothers did...n definitely so did our grandmothers!
happy.gif

Mummies,

Cuz both hubby and I are in the financial industry, if u wan in layman term then it's insurance agent. So for hb to acc me for the day time shouldn't be an issue e most If he gt appt he go out and come back in a few hrs. And my mom will be back ard 4pm. So I hope I can survive thru My confinement.

CL is definitely out of help. I dun have e extra money to do so. And it's really really ex la.. So for confinement food is worst come to worst scenario. Hb can do e cooking for us for lunch perhaps.. Dinner will be my parents. As for breakfast that's another problem.. Haa..

Thk I muz really discuss it wif my mon and hb when time is near lo. I mean I have one of my Gugu who can help me, but I dunno if she is willing a not. But if my parents ask it shouldn't be a pro. I guess.. She can share room wif my sis.. As when I go back for confinement, I'll most probably get my parents to make out a room for me in e living room.. And I'll most probably stay there for good le..

I mean I do have quite some experience in handling kids:, but when handling own kid it's e first time and definitely e situation oso not same lo.. Feeling oso not same, some more physically oso not same..

U gals really made me thk earlier.. Haa.. Sound out so much problems which will be happening.. Haa.. Thanks mummies!!! I keep thking still long way la.. When nearer den thk lo.. Haa.. =D

Hi Hi Vanilla...

My 2 cents worth, with #1, we too waited forever to make a decision, and finally when the day came, we were unprepared and everything was done in a rush, in the end, everyone wasn't happy (in a way). Due to inproper planning, I ended up at my mum's place for confinement, I thought I will be happy since I was having the company of my family and my sis's kids, but it ended up disastrous, as there was really very little help, since my mum was already preoccupied with my sis's kids, and everyone else with their own schedules.

I slipped into post natal blues in 1-2 weeks, but thankfully I got out of it pretty quickly, but ultimately, I hated my confinement lots! I couldn't use any word to describe the feeling I had throughout my confinement.

As what other mummies have said, do try to rest as much as possible, it would really be great for someone to help you out, someone whom you'll be comfortable with... Otherwise, it's gonna be as good as not having any help.
happy.gif

All the best!!! =)

Hi

I'm from the Jun 2012 thread. Wondering if anyone would like to join in the iHerb spree for fish oil. The 10% discount is till Wed, so quite urgent. Do drop me a PM if you'd like to join. Thanks!

<font color="0000ff">Fish Oil Spree - URGENT!</font>

Quick quick! Just saw that iHerb has 10% discount on top of the already cheap prices. Shipping is US$12 direct to me, abt 6 days. <font color="0000ff">nett price approx $31 max </font>

Anyone wants? I have to cap at 12 bottles to make it within GST limits. For simplicity, I think I'll noly take in the pre-natal DHA, wither original / strawberry flavour. No time to wait coz the discount ends on Wednesday!

Original : http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-Prenatal-DHA-90-Soft-Gels/22736?at=0

Strawberry : http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-DHA-Strawberry-Flavor-500-mg-90-Softgels/7051?at=0

1 - 3) Jul - 2 strawberry, 1 original
4)
5)

Finally end of Monday ! It's been so tiring .... Into 16 weeks - 2nd trimester.... I'm still feeling tired.

Hope won't be tired the whole of 2nd trimester .

3 more days to my Gynae appt.... Can't wait to see beanie again !

Hi all, it has been some time since I last log in.. Hectic past week with many deadlines to meet
sad.gif

Its a long thread I m catching up with... N hope all mummies here are doing well ....
Oh ya btw my regards to Lyn rest well n drink lots of water in the meantime.
Received a call today from the clinic that I hv cleared my oscars test
happy.gif
on my way to 2nd trimester
happy.gif

Gals, how big are your bellies now? Everyone sees me and says I must eat more..belly very small...As first time mummy, is it normal for belly not to show yet? Am already 15 plus weeks..
happy.gif

Actually I am not worried, as long as bb is happy and healthy, doesn't really matter..

I am drinking avocado juice lately, really like the taste and many says it is good!

littledotty,

As long as baby is growing well - don't need to worry so much
happy.gif

You cannot really gauge baby's size from the tummy size. If turns out baby is really on the small side, you can start taking those maternity milk drink - can help to grow the baby bigger (or so says my gynae when I told her i'm drinking High Cal Low Fat milk).

Vanilla:
I did what runningmuff suggested. I catered from Natal Essentials. Cater lunch only and split for 2 meals. But only from 2nd week onwards coz first week you are likely to be very hungry. Try not to save on this as what you cook and confinement meal is different. Take care of your body especially if you want more than 1 kid next time. :p

Hi ladies, haven't come onto the forum for some time - hope everyone's doing well.
happy.gif

Just wondering, has anyone picked out baby names already? What are some baby names that you feel are rather common here in SG? So far I'm seeing a lot of Aidens/Aidons and Jaydens/Jaydons/Jaedens. Also, a lot of Emmas. Anyone care to share their feedback?

Hello mommies!

Re: helper
I agree with 2nd/ 3rd time mommies here.. we can tell u how scary it is to handle baby without help but u won't fully understand or appreciate the gravity until it happens to u. even with a CL, i was barely able to cope, esp when i wanted to bf so badly. even though ppl say empty ur boobs every 3 hrs, u hardly get to rest as u have to eat, wash, bathe, entertain frens, play with baby, change baby, bathe baby.. all these will eat up ur precious slp time btw breastfeeding.

Sure u can ask ur relatives to help but once u asked for help, u are at their mercy. they have their way of doing things and might not appreciate ur comments. aft all if somebody asked u for help and still wanna dictate the way u do thing, i m sure u will be super pissed also. the sad truth is beggars can't be choosers. u gotta accept whatever help that is offered in the way it comes.. that's one reason why i don't like asking relatives for help cos it is like i owe them like that!!

Vanilla, suggest u start talking to ur hb and ur parents now.. some things can't be solved overnight. u need to allow them time to think and change things around. it is nv too early to think abt such things.
happy.gif

Who was saying their finger joints felt suan suan aft washing with water? actually there is a scientific explanation for it. ur body produces elastin to relax ur joints esp to stretch ur pubis for delivery.. all ur joints are more lax.. aft that ur joints will stiffen again as the hormone decreases if i don't rem wrongly.
happy.gif

Lyn, glad to know nothing is wrong.. what kind of infection is that? sounds serious! are u on meds?

Littledotty, tummy size is not an indication of how healthy ur baby is. my tummy didn't show until i was abt 24 wks for mt #1 and my boy was 3.1kg at birth.
happy.gif
don't worry abt it.

How's everybody's appetite? I realised at 16.5 wks my appetite still sucks..
sad.gif
not nauseated but can't finish my meals.

fifi> how is Natal Essentials' food? nice?? And why they only cater from week 2 onwards?? Can I start catering from week 1? still remember the cost?

thought of catering so that my MIL won't be too buzy can help take care of baby more and I can rest more... Dun intend to engage CL too. ANy other recommendation?

Thanks all 2nd/3rd time mummies!!

I jus had a short talk wif hb.. I told him I can't bathe bb cuz I can't touch cold water. And he said engage a CL at I told him e price, he immediately changed his mind... Haa.. Even if he agrees to engage CL I oso wun la.. Cuz its really ex..

So i told him worst come to he cook for me.. Lunch only.. But he said : I tot u told me got confinement food de? I told him for caterer it will be 1500 for 2 meals for 28 days. But since my parents can cook for me dinner den I only need 1 meal, so the price will most likely to be half.. Haa... So we agreed on catering confinement food for 1 meal.. ;) 1 problem solved!!

As for looking aft bb, I told him he muz bathe bb as I can't touch cold water. He said tat is not a pro.. Bathe bb very easy one wat.. Put water, put soap inside water splash splash can Liao.. Lol.. Which I doubt it will be so smooth for him as tis is e 1st time he is handling bb.. For me not issue as I jus need to get e feeling back and I'll be on e track!! Haa..

As for night time, I really dun wanna disturb my family and hb.. Hb I'll ask him to look aft bb more in e day time.. So u can rest more too!! So night time I'll have to jia you le...

Re: baby names,
I peraonally thk la.. Dun go for ayden kayden jayden den den de.. It's really very common nowadays which makes it no longer special.. In fact I love ayden but very common le.. So I rather find something else.. Haa..

Anyway, I have not tot the boy name but if gal den I have a few in mind..
1) Calleigh (pronounce as Kelly)
2) Alexis

Vanilla, that's gd that u guys talk.. now make sure he attends Mrs Wong's classes at TMC.. really helps first time parents as she gives a lot of tips on how to take care of ur baby. Actually bathing newborn can be a bit daunting cos their necks are so floppy and with the bath water, everything is slippery! and most babies dun like to be disrobed. will cry like hell once u take off their clothes.. haha.. i used to be woken up by my son's cries every morning when my hb showered him. in the end, hb hung some toys in the bathroom to keep him entertained while he bathed my boy.. hehe..

Don't worry abt night time.. when the times comes, many of us will be awake at night.. i used to SMS my thread ladies and frens who given birth around the same time to chat at 3-4am in the morning!
happy.gif
if u are the heavy slper type, u might wanna master bf-ing on ur side.. but i find latching in that position quite tough.

hi mummies,

how long does the OSCAR and FA scan usually takes? My test is on this friday and my appointment is 9am, was wondering how long does everything takes?

And FA scan involve taking blood for blood test?
So gan cheong now!`

Piggy, ya.. We had a short talk but will talk more when we r alone!! Haa.. More pple equals more talk.. I dun wan.. Haa..

Tat day we went metro or wat any rmb and I showed hb the medela freestyle pump. He was so shocked!! Haa.. He said $1000??!! For a pump?? Den I told him this ins is recommended by mummies and I'm gonna get tis. Haa.. But I said got spree la.. Can get one ard $450.. Den he SO CHEAP??!! Ok buy!! Haa... Lol... I used ur method!! I told him u noe hoh, 1 tin of FM $80 can only last for e most 2 weeks leh... He shocked la!! When I told him how ex is FM!! He do his math and he say can buy provided of got milk la.. Haa..

I wanted to pump out, I thk in future wan to stop bf oso easier.. If not e bb later keep clingy onto me and ask for milk.. Lol.. Faint.. Haa..

VaNiLLa, I totally agree with you on those common names. I have a girl and a boy name in mind but not settled on the girl name. One is supposedly on the Top 10 List of Baby Names 2010 (http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/naming/singapore_top_names/sg_names_2010/) but I personally don't know any babies with that name. Just don't want to pick such a common name... Calleigh is so pretty btw, love!

DH arranged for an appt with a confinement lady next Mon. Really pricey and I feel the pinch too but I think we really need the help.
sad.gif

ak, my NT screening took about 40 mins cos baby refused to get into the right position. Doc had to jiggle me a lot for it to settle down (it was in an upright position and slid down after a while). I opted for the blood test too. All the best, am sure it'll be fine!

Ak, I thk depends on individuals leh.. Mine for Oscar took less den 15 mins.. Haa.. Very fast.. Beanie very cooperative..
happy.gif

As for detail scan I dunno leh..one is schedule on 30th dec.. Haa.. =D

Peaberry, ya.. Really very common rite.. It was very pop back in 2009.. But now 2 yrs later le... We muz find new names.. Haa..

I love Calleigh this name la.. So special nobody have.. Keke.. =P But hb say later pple dunno how to pronounce den spoil e name.. Haa.. But boy haven thk of it leh.. Haa.. Wanna wait till 2 weeks later go scan den we decide on e name together.. Haa..

Thks peaberry and vanilla with the replies ;) oh, so it depends on my baby la.. Ic.. Tot is a standard procedure and duration is fixed, I even went to google the duration, haha!!

So for the Fa scan, needs to draw blood?

morning all.. long time no in..

thanks for the opinion and advice given.. i am still thinking. my work review is today! ahhh.. oh well.. let me comb thru all the available options.. sometimes no action is the best action...?

and guess what i know the gender already!
*drum roll* .... boy :p
it was so obvious.. when the gynae scanned from the bottom.. it was 'nah!' in ur face kind.. lolz.. my hb missed it.. and when he commented how gynae know it is not a girl.. gynae scanned again.. again another 'nah!' in ur face scan..aiyoh.. i hereby declared my hb a mutant.. he only has y Sperms.. we call him the Y-Man.. haiz.. his initial are YM too! so it is cursed from the start!!! oh well.. i can only drool atall the bb girls here..

the gynae said if i die die want a girl.. she can help me.. consider IUI.. lolz.. orh.. let's see first. but i am quite tempted :p

Lyn: rest well. are u given antibiotics?

Vagina infections are the most common reasons for bleeding.. but once that is sorted out.. things are ok. i had slight infection.. so was spotting for a while.. after infection no more..

Vanilla: think yes, need ot think thru. u also need to think about ur lifestyle and how u want ur bb to fit into your life.. baby led or routine.. as what piggy wiggle said.. i like Gina Ford and my babies are Gina Ford babies from birth. it makes things more organised and humane.. :p.. Gina Ford has her fair share of criticisms.. but then again.. i always believe to each his own.
happy.gif
u must think thru so that you are in the best position to welcome ur bb with joy..
happy.gif

Astro, u always give me funny names. Piggy wriggly and now piggy wiggle. Zzzzzz....

Another boy? Hrmm as long as healthy can liao. Hahaha I think ur hb's sperm must be super lah. Y sperm are usually the first to die. The gd thing is u can recycle everything!!

Wah this morning I had a small tiny cut on my thumb. It wasnt pain at all that I didn't even know. But I bled badly! Sigh. Stupid aspirin. I'm seeing gynae today. Hope can see gender!

Vanilla, haha that's a gd way to convince ur hb to let u buy a pump. Actually in the initially weeks, 1 tin of formula can tahan abt 1+ wk at most.

ak, doc ordered a blood test for my screening but I believe it's optional? You can ask yours and I think it's not necessary if your risk for chromosomal defects is low in general.

astro, is this your second boy? I would really love a boy, in fact always just wanted two boys. Everybody really wants different things hehe. Will find out on Mon.

Wah, congrats for all the mummies who know the gender liao! Can really start thinking of bb names &amp; shoppg for bb clothes!

Been out of action for a few days... had a bit of stomach flu/ diarrhoea.... not so sure... but anyways now better liao
happy.gif

Lyn - take care and rest well ya? Hope you get better soon
happy.gif

Piggy: opsy! typo!. hahaha.. ok. i shall call u piggy from now on.. shorter.. and less risks of typos! more affectionate also wor.. lolz..

ya. he is a mutant! only has Y sperms! no X sperms!!! i am going to report him.

anyone knows the number to call to report finding of mutants?

ya.. recyle everything.. one pair of pants passing down from generation to generation. :p quite cute to see my younger boy wear the clothes of my elder boy! and he is such a shortie.. still got room! lolz..

and i wonder how a third boy would look like.. i think my two boys are quite good looking liao.. lol.. i hope the third boy just as good looking.. LOL.. thick hide.. :p

my hb also taking aspirin. cannot take grapefruit hor?

Vanilla: i think most wun know how to pronounce Calleigh leh.. :p

Peaberry: nope.. my THIRD boy! lolz.. stunned? :p

Rosegal: i am running out of boys' names! zzzz...

Astro, awww... My aunt has three boys too and she really wanted a girl for her last. She nearly aborted her last son... Luckily we talked her out of it and he's the sweetest boy in the world!

Astro, what is Gina ford?

And I dunno y I love tis name.. Haa.. Really loved!!

U same as my hb family.. He is e eldest son and got 2 bros below.. Haa..

Piggy, Haa.. Ya la.. But I told hb, at night only u can help me leh.. So if I need ur help u muz really wake up and help me.. If not later bb keep crying I oso dunno y.. Tho I've experience in bb la.. I can feed I can change I can bathe I can take care of new borns but den im not e one who took care of em in e night time so I wouldn't noe how tired and frustrating it is untill I experience it myself.. Looking aft pple kids and owe kids not e same de lo.. Haa

But I believe My hb will help me during e night time as long as he can help.. Haaa

Re:gender,
U gals r making me so anxious to find out la!!
sad.gif

My Gynae appt is 2 weeks away lo... SO BLOODLY LONG!!! Fainted!!! I can't wait for it to come!! I'm so gonna tell my Gynae I'm gonna visit him every 2 weeks lo.. Like tat can see beanie more often!! Keke!!

Hi all mummies to be....

Thanks for all the concern... i m back to work already... ehehhe No antibiotic.. only insert in another 1 week time..

CL: Alot of my friends and boss also tell mi is important to get a CL ...but the cost is really very high lor... so no intention of it... think i have to struggle thru 1st month...

RE: BB name...
I aslo thinking of nice name for my bb... if ger at first i want Karey Seah but my sis say ppl will call her Carry sia... sianz... we both agree that my hubby surname is so hard to find a good name...

VaNiLLa, oh man it's sooo long to wait in between appointments right? I just want all the months to end so I can see my baby haha.

Lyn, Karey is cute! What about a different spelling like Karrie or Kerry? My best friend's sister is called Kerry and she's a stunning girl. My other friend's hubby is Seah too and her baby's name is Kristy...

Ladies, what do you think of the name Ashley? Is it very common among SG babies now? The only Ashleys I know are my age... DH and I like that name for a girl.

Re: Meet Out,

Our meet out will be for these 2 days.. There will be 2 days, 1 more those who can make it on weekdays another will be on weekends.. =D

Mummies who haven vote, do join us.. Vote now!! =D

We have 60+ mummies but now only 11 mummies plus me only 12 mummies leh.. where are the other mummies!!! Those who are quite active in forum, kindly come forward and choose which day you can make it.. If both days oso can den even better.. Cuz both days de mummies are different.. keke.. =D

Time and Venue TBC.. Stay tuned.. =D

9th Dec, Fri
1) qinyi
2) kaylin
3) sadsad
4) FieDa
5) Dreamymi (nite only)
6) desdes (after office hr)

10th Dec, Sat
1) zara
2) rosegal
3) Sunflower
4) desdes
5) stobeli

For mummies who just joined this thread.

Kindly uodate your particulars here. This is an online spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlkhAiLkfq55dG1pVmdKY3VVOFB0UVp5Wkc2NFJWcEE&amp;hl=en_US#gid=0

Back