(2012/05) May 2012

whoa this thread is moving faster and faster. i cant comment on career or kids now cos its my #1 and i havent given it much thought. Except i know that i need a double income for the house now so possibly rope in my in laws to care for the baby while i am at work. just hope they dont turn out too bratty because grandparents are usually pushovers when it comes to discipline.

my oscars is back, 1:6000 so very safe. just gonna relax and enjoy my trip tmr to seoul then when i am back end mth to see baby sex! *pls be coorperative and open your legs*

I cant join u girls for the meetup cos my work ends at 10pm, shiftwork la, need to cover non-asia trading markets.

rosegal/ crystalline: i was teaching in pri sch.. and yup, the kids are super adorable.. and some of them, grad and still keeps in contact with me.. really touched when they say they miss me, best teacher too.. really.. and i agree there are a lot of other "activities" that keeps us bz.. as long as it is for the kids, i actually dun mind doing it.. but sometimes, its for the other agenda.. and i hate doing that.. well, despite that, i love teaching! rosegal, right now, i am helping my dad with his company, but of cos, i'm currently on leave cos it was SUPER stressful and i took leave to relax and ttc.. kekeke...

gladeseow: i may not be able to make it that day, have something on. but if it is cancelled, i will try to make it! =)

chloie: welcome back! i saw ur pix.. looks fun! i'm also looking forward to my krabi trip for my babymoon and wedding anniversary!!

crystalline: enjoy ur babymoon too!

Kayla> yeah mine also TMC... u noe baby's gender already?

I just got back from my visit, very fun... saw beanie and gender...

Yes, baby girl girl... hee hee very happy... my first child...

btw, the scan of the gender should be quite accurate right, now at 15 to 16 weeks? anyone heard of "inaccurate" experiences before?

thinking of names now, thinking of naming her "Jewel"... any comments for this name??? hubby surname "Chew"... very excited, can start shopping soon... when I see cute beautiful items can buy liao... so fun...

Stobeli: I just went for my gender scan too today. Beanie is 10.5cm nw, healthy n active. However she was crossing her leg the whole time, tried to shake her bait, bt didn't move much. Bt we didn't see anything like a turtle in between the leg, so doc said 90% is girl girl. I'm nw at 15w4d. Ho lw was urs? Was it clear tat ur beanie is a princess? Did u see a little hump down there? Coz I saw one on mine, bt dc said tat one both girl or boy ll have it.

so envious! you all know the sex of your baby!
was it exciting? did the scan take long?

stobeli: my husband surname also chew. hehe

Hi ladies, been weeks since I last login. I guess I must have missed out lots! Seems that there r a few teachers here..me too..;) am a Pri sch teacher. Hols r finally coming and it's time to relax!! I would love to come for the gathering but I will be out of town ;(. Hope to be more active here during the hols. ;)

Btw I also went for my nt scan on Monday. I'm ard 12wks plus. Suspected to be a boy but dr says its too early to tell. Anyone can share when's the earliest to detect the gender? Rem my gynae confirm the gender of my girl only ard my 5th month.

Re: FTWM or SAHM

For me if my hubby can support us den i rather stay at home and look aft them for 1-2 and when they r ready to go nusery den i go back to work.. Cuz i feel tat those first few years r impt.. Its like teaching em basic and if their basic is very well taken care of then when they go oiut i oso not scare.. Of cuz first few years e character of e bb will be formed i dun wan to let other pple take care and then e character so pamper or spoiled.. Den when i scold em den they not even scare den i faint liao lo...

So if ur hubby can support den its totally up to u le.. For me i can be a SAHM, tats my dream la.. haa... BUt not long term la..

Re:gender,
CONGRATS to those who already noe e bb gender.. still waiting for mine to come... 2 more weeks.. so excited.. dunno if beanie is growing well anot.. Dr Ang said maybe can see gender le.. keke.. =D

Babyfran> so nice we almost same time too. Mine was 15w7days yesterday... Beanie is 10.2cm... Btw how u see beanie crossing leg, mine was a side view can't see middle at all lei... Dr Ang say likely to be girl but not confirm, tell us dun tell others the gender yet... So dun noe if it's accurate anot... U gg which hospital?

Mint> so nice... Btw your old folks having any problem pronoucing this name... Lol... Dun noe if they have problem with it making it sound funny...Think hubby and I decided to call her Jewel... He says very sweet nice name and not that common...

Hope all mtb can find out the gender soon and we can start shopping.... Lol in bulk can save a bit...

Stobeli ,
Congrats to knowing its a girl . Shd be accurate la.... I also like gals. When I was preg with #1, I was telling Hb if 1st one gal, no need 2nd child also can. Else must try till hv gal. I'm obsess with gals. Now #2, gender is ok as I've a gal liao .

Baby Names :
Jewel Chew sounds nice. Can kiv. My gal din hv name till few weeks after she's born. We took a long time to decide her name .

Shopping:
Actually I realized buying overseas thru sprees organized by forum mummies cheaper . Cos can buy GAP, Old Navy, Carter's , osh Kosh, the Children Place,etc . Only need to pay shipping and they arrange for u. I don't mind they earn some from my purchase . Retails shops are so exp nowadays .

One more week to my next check up.... Like so long .... Next appt can see gender . So fast ! My 2nd visit to my gynae...Haha.

stobeli: I am visiting Dr. Yvonne Soong from TMC. She tried twice yesterday to check on the gender. she roll down to the private part and we saw she is crossing legs from the bottom view. From side view, we saw a horizontal white line. Then doc said both gal and boy will have that, boy's one with a 30 degree angle, gal's one will be horizontal. Did you see that? :)

saw gynae yesterday for scan and oscar results. glad that everything is good. i signed the package with her. Am week 13 now and she let me start the package. always happy to see beanie bouncing away, so cute.
happy.gif
she tried to scan for gender but couldnt see much, she say next appt should be able to tell.

for the oscar blood test, i had the worst time of my life being poked by the needles, esp with inexperience nurse. :S
mine's always a difficult case cuz my vein is flat and difficult to find, so i have the habit of informing the nurse/doc first to get them prepared. my prev few rounds of blood drawing was fine and successful without much pain cuz the nurse/doc was experience and maybe my vein was quite cooperative that time as well.

this time the nurse at tmc... hmm.. the moment i informed her about my vein, she fumbled. tied the 'rubber band' so tight on my arm that it flew away and hit me... after much struggle, she only manage to draw very very little bit of blood. after the 'defeat', she pulled out the needle and pasted the plaster on the needle wound without asking me to press on it. she went on to find other possible location on the back of my palm and ask me squeeze the stress ball.. so i ended up with a very big patch of bruise on my arm.

when she realise she had no confident in poking me again, she transferred me to another experience nurse.. where i had another 2 needle pokes. but still ok la.. :S

for shopping, i think im not buying any maternity clothings, at least for now. bought quite a few long sundresses online, and they should last me quite a while. i wear them to work too, just wear cardigan/blazer over it. :D

wow.. more and more mommies knowing the gender of babies! yay! congrats to all...

btw, have any mommies here heard about booking the hospital beds already? my hubby told me his colleague already booked the room/ bed for the delivery next year since it will be full (due to dragon year).. anyone booked already? jus wondering how to book cos our edd may not be the actual date of our delivery.. then how?

Zara,
Wen I sign up the package with my gynae, the clinic also help me to book the room n bed already. Based on our edd. I've rec the letter from TMC to inform me abt the booking of the room.
Which hospital are u delivering? U may wanna check with ur gynae.

baby fran> yours so good, can roll till view from the bottom.. I also dun noe about mine lei, never see much lines or what, just the usual view of the whole body, can see head, body and leg.. my beanie the leg looks straighten lei... just scan once only and he says likely to be a gal.. never go into other view... never see any horizontal line lei... so I curious loh... if baby lying flat down, then how to see if got "little birdie" anot, if can see something in between tummy and leg, then "little birdie" must be quite big right... hmmm nvm it doesnt matter... detail scan in Dec will tell... another 1 month long wait again to see Jewel.. but I am still happy for now, she's baby Jewel...

Baby Names
Thanks all MTBs for the nice comments for the name Jewel Chew... kekekee... xie xie
Initially, tot hubby might reject this name... but he says its nice.. heng ah so I can name her Jewel.... very happy...

Hello xin2, when is your edd? I also booked already when I signed the package so may I ask like how long u took to get the letter? Is it like a confirmation letter or wat?

So many mummies know gender le! I got to wait another 3 wks..n provided bb cooperative

Candymix,
Hihi. My edd is 23/05/2012. Think the letter came a few weeks after we sign the package. Can't really rem. It's a pre-admission letter. Need to fill in n submit bk to them.

stobeli, I also like your baby girl's name. I already have a boy's name in mind, now cracking my head over a girl's name.. its so tough!

I will be seeing the gynae this sat, hopefully can detect the gender.

Its been 2 weeks since I visited the gynae, so feeling a bit.. =x wondering if baby is doing ok inside a not..

I have not booked the hospital too. After seeing the gynae on Sat, will most prob confirm the hospital with him. I should be gg for Mt A.

Hi,

I have following BRAND NEW items for sale:

1. Pigeon wipes with casing (x8): $4.90
Usual: $7.90

2. Tommee Tippee 0-3m Pacifier (x1): $4

3. Pigeon Milk Bottles (x2): $13 each
Wide Neck, Peristaltic Nipple, BPA Free, 240ml

Collection at Sengkang MRT.
Pls email me at [email protected] for photos.

xin2: thanks for the advice.. then i think when i see my gynae coming thurs, i can ask him.. i have not started the package with him.. he said package only starts at 4th mth.. my gynae like so confident, never tell me much.. ahha...dunno whether i shd be worried or jus trust him.. keke..

So nice to know some of you already know the gender!
happy.gif
really amazing and exciting to choose the names for our babies! As a first time mum, I am really excited too, the last time we saw the doc and she said most prob boy, we have chosen the chinese name..haa...very kiasu..

And so miraculously, I found my baby sitter for bb when I have to return to work after 4 months! She is this really nice stay-home aunty staying beside me! Really glad we have found someone so near...
happy.gif

Bless all beanies and mummies here!

Hi all mummies, it has been quite a few weeks since I last logged in. So many new names! Hope to get to know u all better in e weeks to come.

I had very bad MS until it kinda tapered off 2 weeks ago. At least now I have appetite for dinner! My week gain to date only 1+ kg! Cos I lost some weight in e bad weeks.

Saw my gynae today. Now 15w2d...saw w gender today. My gynae v patient. Waited for quite some time...finally saw a boy.

Abt e booking of beds??? really can book? Cos back in 2009 when I delivered, it depends on what u want is still available. Cos I remembered I said i want a one bedder...and the nurse & registration staff told me it is not confirmed. My hospital is Mt E. Hope things has changed and what u girls mentioned is true!

Btw i haven't shortlisted any boys' name! I have many ideas for girls. But for boys...really difficult! I wld like something 'manly'. Any ideas?

Stobeli...think Jewel is nice. Something precious
happy.gif

An quick update on my gynae visit on week 16.

Bb is now weighing approx 120g and hb is strong and everything look ok for now
happy.gif
For gender, it maybe b a princess cos that part is flat but to be confirm again on week 20 detailed scan in Dec.

hi mommies!

disappeared for awhile. I had a terrible week 12! my fever was so high that when i see 38 on my thermometer, i am happy. yday hubby finally back from reservist, but sent me to hospital immediately. doctor suspected some bacterial, but not sure what happened so they are doing some blood and urine culture now. just gave me paracetemol and antiboditics.

then, every food i took in, i just merlion it out. =( even the meds.

finally today is better, but just that i keep wanna vomit, cos feel so uncomfy, but cant.

How is all mommies feeling?

Yip. U didn't go and see doc before that! Should go if u are unwell next time. Hope u feel better now!

Today I went for my 15 week 6 day scan. Baby is growing well and doc said maybe girl cos didn't see any boy parts. But cannot confirm yet. Me and dh a wee bit disappointed cos both of us wanted a boy for first child. I know as long as healthy we should be very glad! But still can't help but be a bit sian when doc say maybe girl. Haizzzzz

thanks Delvina & Kayla...

I realise this week scan a lot of baby girl girl... guess maybe its perodical de... kekekke... first few months, lots of boyd, den few months later, mostly girls...

Olivia> Congratz to your baby girl... my colleague last time also wanted a baby boy for her first child cos she just wanted one child as her pregnancy journey very difficult (whole day vomiting till delivery), she was very sad when doc tell her baby girl... but when her baby girl arrive, now is super baby precious... the gender does not matter anymore... dun be too disappointed okie... My hubby also wanted boy boy, but doc say likely to be girl, to me healthy baby can liao...

Yip,take care k..drink more water n eat more fruits..hope u r feeling better now..
juz saw beanie this week..can't wait to see beanie again..sigh got to wait for a month..duno why always got this calm n happy feeling when I see him..hafnt tell my folks yet,one more week to tell..Wah seems tt most of e ppl in this forum progressing to 16 week le,so gd!hehe I'm one of the late may ones

Yip .. Oh dear hope u recover soon...

Saw beanie this sat too, and also done the preadmission to the hospital. Feels good, like taken another big step towards seeing baby haha...

But I am still undecided to go for 2 bedded or single room. Anyone got experience with Mt E? I saw that there's only a handful of mummies intending to deliver at Mt E. So what rooms are u taking?

Yip,
Pls take gd care! Hope u're feeling better now..

Olivia, i did Genetic Scan this thur, 14w 1d then.. Doc said 80% gal... Im happy coz alz wanted a gal as a first child..
happy.gif
Hubby is fine with any gender as long as bb is healthy..
Stay positive k?

Hi all!

Thanks for the messages. i think i am fine already! =) Just abit breathless, cant walk far, but i guess, no fever no headache is good for me! =)

Woo so many of u know the gender! we cant wait for ours! hehe!

If we go for 2 bedded, is it hubby cant stay ah?

Yip,
Yup, hubby can stay only for single bedded. Even then must pay extra i think.
Do take care.

Olivia,
Actually i think first child girl better. Tend to be easier to care for, n more nurturing towards younger siblings
happy.gif
so look on e bright side yah?

Yip, hope u r alright now..

maybe unless got same May mummies staying as e room mate.. den can late late go back lo.. Staying behind.. unless hide? haa..

I oso waitinf for mine lo..

Hello all MTB, it's been a while since i logged on...
Coming Saturday going for checkup and hopefully can see the gender of baby.. so excited!! =D

Will ur'll be taking care of your baby without extra/external help? It's my first baby, so not very confident to take care by myself and hb..
So now looking for confinement lady.. any good recommendations? The one that was highly recommended by my hb's relative is booked for May 2012 already! She booked her when she's 5 weeks. Am meeting her friend that she recommend instead... what do ur'll look for if considering for a confinement lady?

Back