(2011/11) Nov 2011

Janice- Thank you so much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shjean-That time during my gynae appointment while i was doing scanning,my bb kicking me at the right side of my tummy,i asked gynae to scan that area and there was both his legs.Today my appointment i can feel my bb kicking me again,gynae scan and its his legs and the middle of my tummy is bb hands.

Little bb: Thanks for ur advice, jus pray n hope everything will turn out fine.

SHJEAN: My gynae said everything normal jus hav to go back every 2 weeks from now and also to check if theres any vaginal infection.

Baby movement

Mine tends to get very active after 12mn always kicking, my mum said it bb elbow tat pops out.So cute think will miss all those when bb pops.

Btw anyone knows how often we should drink coconut juice, think i will hav to start drinking.

For me i think can start drinking coconut when reach week 34.Probably 2 times a week.I do hope bb will pop around week 38 as its consider full term.My gynae told me to get everything ready four weeks before edd.

Mrs Chong, Thanks.. I tink i will start my coconut this weekend. Ask hubby bring me go east coast or some beach area to relax as well as to exercise. Haha..

I tried packing last nite. The diaper bag given by my fren is not enuff for me to put my stuff. Hence, got to bring a bigger biag (those hand carry one on board).

One qns, i realise one thing to bring is clothes to be soiled. Can I check why do we need to bring it? Aren't hospital (Mine is at MT A) giving us something to wear? Cant bear to part one of my maternity wear for this purpose coz i will be passing it down to my cousin. Lol.

Hi Starry

Realised I've missed your post.. Thanks for the offer but good news is, my cousin is passing me her breast pump!! Happy..

Now im thinking of changing the replacement parts and is wondering if it is necessary..

Hi mummies

Feel so emo today .. Suddenly worry alot of thing such who take of my bb etc.. Dun why suddenly find stress to have a bb

Hi Kiamkiam

Think its just "one-of-those-days" again.. Dont worry, someone once told me that once our baby is out, all the problems will have its solutions.. And I stay to this belief and felt better.. Whats important now is that we stay cheerful so that baby will smile more when he/she is out.

As for me, Im feeling really really tired.. No mood to work but yet still so busy, can't escape.. ;P

Really can't wait for the due date to arrive.. Really can't wait.. 1 is the good excuse to take a "break" off work although I know that taking care of a bb will be more tiring but at least, its my assets instead of having to "worry" about other people's assets (work in this case).. haha.. If im ever feeling emo, its all about work..

Sophia,

I went to prebook my bed in KKH le.. The staff say u only need to pay the deposit on the delivery date.

I going for the cordlife on 24/09/11.. anyone going oso??

Esther: Hmmm that's what I remembered too two years ago when I was preparing for my twins delivery. But then again, since this two years, the ward charges have increased quite a huge amount.

So nervous! Time flies and it's like, soon we will be giving birth soon!

Anyone will be giving birth in TMC?? What will be given by TMC??

Hey fynn, we are all excited!! My edd is on 20 nov and I am looking forward to my mat leave in end oct... When's yr's??

TMC will give baby vest, disposable diapers, toiletries, maternity bag, baby blanket & a pair of mittens .. Dats what stated in their webbie ;pp

Sophia

actually I start to feel anxious n scare abt delivery .. We suppose to have contraction on off and it like having menstrual cramps but the pro is i dun have menstrual cramps b4. How is the feeling.. I start to feel scare abt the labour pain.. Some say easy some say difficult.. what actually is the feeling.. I scare now but yet excited abt the moment..

Esther & Sophia > I hope to see my bb soon as I suffer too much in this preg.. Now only 34 week.. I hope bb cooperate and come out in 37 week..

Tomm seeing gyn again .. Excited to see my bb..

Count to 1 oct where I can clear al and idle cum rest bef bb pop out..

Felix, my EDD is on 30 Nov.. However, I am already on leave.. =P Having cramps and abdominal pain on and off since a month ago.. Haha!! So, you will be delivering in TMC too?? Wow! After giving birth, can have a gathering with all our little darling! Hehehe!! I just browsed through their website.. The hospital bill seems like will be quite ex even request for 4-bedded room.. hmmmm....

wow , how i wish i can tk leave early.. my EDD is 18/11/11 n i plan to tk leave and plan to start ML on 8/11/11 onwards.. Den my colleague covering my duties say it better den i close my acc b4 i go ML.. by the time i close the acc already 14/11/11.. so sianz.. she will confirm make noise to my boss say she cant cope and no pt i go ML so early etc..

I jus hope everything go smooth n my baby gal is healthy.. my next appt is oct 12..Doing scan to c if my placenta is normal position anot. cos few appt he mentioning tat mine is abit low but it will go up as times passed. last appt he say it look ok to have normaly delivery but to be actual have to do scan..

I prefer natural birth as it better for the baby.. all the suffering is worth it as long she stay healthy.

Mummy,

Though I have one son already, but talk about delivery is approaching, I will feel nervous and excited too. My edd is 13 Nov. You won't know what is the labour sign this time round, will the labour take long or shorter. All is out of our control, thus we will feel nervous and worry bah.

For labour sign, it normally have 3 symptoms.

1) Water bag burst/leak

2) Come with blood discharge

3) Contraction

For contraction, we can feel the tummy pain with regular frequency, and it will slowly increase and shorten the frequency.

To me, my first pregnancy is start with water bag burst, then leak with blood and water together. Whole labour took me about 20 hrs. As water bag burst, I go to labour ward for a check at 11pm, dialation only 1cm, admitted hosp and rest at the normal ward and wait for the dialation. Until next day morning, no progress for my dialation..but begin has contraction after 8am, 2pm then dialate fully and spend a few hour to reduce my epidural dosage as nurse want me to have feeling of contraction and start pushing. So, my boy finally come out around 6pm. Really a long time for my first labour experience.

Some say 2nd baby shall be faster, I hope so... hee...

Esther,

Of course it is not compulsory, to reduce our contraction pain, there are some methods you can choose.

1) Use laughing gas and control your breathing.

2) Have a buttock jab to relieve the pain.

3) Use epidural.

I choose the last one when contraction come, as I feel that since so long hours to wait for the dialation, until the morning already tired and need some rest. Indeed after the epidural, I really can have some good rest, it may help for my dialation too.

Esther, Cordife or stemcord? I know this sat had seminar by stemcord. I'm meeting cordlife consultant this sat n see which to store with. But we may consider donating to public bank...

Fynn, I'll b delivering at TMC too ^^

Oh I juz went for the baby fair @ sq 2, nothing at all. At most 5 stalls n no bb stuff. Can forget abt going hmmm...

Sophia: I jus book yesterdae, my edd is 1st nov. Upfront hav to pay cash $2080 n medisave $2000 total $4080 for 1 bedded ward. Charges for baby is not included but can use medisave also, they also give me booklet and application form on baby bonus.

Wow! Janice you also delivering in TMC.. When is your EDD ah??

Hmmm.. Anyone knows where can I get those one-piece pajamas, button opening one???

When I delivered my twins, the whole experience lasted 6 hrs. I had lots of pain but was also not sure were they contractions since it was also my first time. As I was also carrying twins, I thought it was normal since it was heavy n very xing ku since third trimester. My water bag burst when I was 36 wk n that's hen I delivered my twins. It was a natural birth n they arec14 mins apart.

esther,

i gg for the stemcord seminar tis wkend. i think u mixed up already cordlife is in oct.

baby movements,

gosh baby movements are really really strong now. feels like shes struggling for space inside aiyo..haha..but i sure will miss this feeling once she is out. although i cant wait to see her soon.

hospital

anyone delivering at mt e?i tink they dont provide any free things there. havent been to the tour yet maybe then i will know if they have complimentary stuff.

PJs for hospital,

i tried getting button down nightgowns from metro and i hate it. too tickish and itchy cuz of the buttons and cloth folds scratching at my tummy.luckily i tried it first. i will be getting mine from giant they have those button half-way types until the chest.

Esther-My placenta was very low too bt the last second gynae visit,my gynae told me my placenta had went up and my bb head had went down so i can go for natural.Then yesterday my appointment,my bb head went up into sitting position and if remain like this till week 36 will have to book my csection date.So actually nearly to the date then we will know the outcome.

Pyjamas

Do we really have to wear our own one piece button pyjamas during our delivery?

Anyone delivering at mount Alvernia? I hear from my gf that her gynae told her that Mount A will be undergoing major renovation so her gynae will not want her to deliver her at Mount A.Not sure when the renovation will start.

So far, when I delivered in KK didnt have to wear my own pjs. The only time I put on my own clothes was discharge time. For that, do remember to pack a maternity outfit coz our tummies still quite big. In KKH, nothing is free. Since I've paid for everything, I took everything home like pads, toiletries, baby pampers, wipes, even tissue.

Sophia> I also just book mine in KK .. Really must packed everything home as KK are not cheap nowsday..

I book b1 and need to pay abt 900+ aft medisave..

Huh? I thought they have the delivery suites for us to wear, didnt know we have to wear our own pyjamas.. For me, I really don't feel like wearing it although its convenient.. Coz our friends or relatives will be visiting us and imagine us wearing pyjamas.. ugly le.. hehe

twink - i am goin for the mt e tour too..but really cannot find any info on the freebies. Also wonder if the lactation consultant is helpful.

ya it stemcord seminar..

anyone has experience of baby kicking till cant slp.. i try diff position but it seems the baby moving non stop.. getting more n more tired...

Hi EstherGoh

Yes me.. Sometimes will wake up in the middle of the night coz baby is kicking.. Lately, feeling very restless, moodless and tired.. More to come I guess..

Kiam, yah that's why on the discharge day, Hubbi will bring a super big bag( whose that has even a wheels)for all these items.

Esther, Rebeana: This round of pregnancy my daughter is very active.She even kicks in the day until can be quite painful. I also notice when I talk to certain people, her kicking can be more intense. Like she knows that's the person Mommy dun like [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can start to drink coconut juice liao. Start slow first ladies, maybe like one or two a week. I still find that it can be too liang.

Fynn

I'll be delivering in TMC too, EDD 26 Nov. Have not went for the hospital tour, so not sure whether they are providing any PJs for us to wear throughout the stay? Other freebies that TMC provides can be found in the booklet that they mailed to us earlier.

Been also looking online for those button down type PJs, but all quite ugly leh haha... Most are too cutsey for me :p Where else to look?

Maternity Pads

Someone asked abt this? I got the Pureen brand from BHG Bugis cos my galfriend says the hospital gives loop kind (dunno what that means) which she hated.

Yeah baby has been really active for me, especially at nite. Can feel her moving around throughout the nite, sleep has been very intermittent for me cos will get woken up if she has sudden big movements. I'm so tired!

Fynn, wah.. maybe i pop on yr birthday? ;)

The cot wrap looks interesting but dunno the dimension can fit the cot that i'll be having or not leh?

I bought nursing PJs from Spring maternity, but we've to wear it during delivery and will be soiled? hmm.... it's too good to be soilded leh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi All Mummies,

I had been a silent reader in this forum as I am also Nov Mummy EDD 11 Nov'11 pregnant with prince and hospital for delivery will be at TMC too.

Everyone is getting so excited and nervous which applies the same to me too... hehehe...

Hi Fynn,

I am interested in getting the Cot Wrap that you mentioned above... hehe... Let me know more info when you are going to place order for it...

Thanks Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fynn, me too interested, let me know if you are going to place order [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

little_one,

when are u gg for the tour? the clinic will only advise me more info during my next doc appt in another 2weeks on making appt for hospital tour.

i also duno if the lactation consultation is good.

esther,

ya me too i couldnt sleep yday after lying in bed for 1hour plus with her constant kicking. and all that made me hungry i woke up to drink milk and eat something. not sure if its due to me sleeping the whole afternoon as i was sick yday then bb also slept in the day then became active at night.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi fynn,

I am also interested in the wrap. how much is the shipping? looks like its more airy that the normal bumper set i bought.

ssbaby,

are you sure ur hospital mention we need to soil the PJs? i thought we should be wearing hospital gown during delivery and only wearing PJs after delivery?

Hi mommies,

For most of us, it's less than 10 weeks to go (or even lesser if we pop early) -- Jiayou!

My edd is on 20 Nov but i hope to deliver early but not too early, perhaps, abt 1 week earlier =p. I've been talking to my bb girl to tell her to come out abit early but not LATE pls. Hehes.

As first time parents, we are both very excited and looking forward to our 1st bb girl... yet at the same time anxious and scared ... =pp

Kiamkiam,

i hope ur 'suffering' will get better and that both u and ur bb will be fine =p Dun come out too early too ... hehes. Have a good rest from 1 Oct onwards.

Fynn,

u taking MC or ur annual leave? Now its only mid-sep, another 2 mths before ur edd. Anyway pls rest well and YES, let's have a gathering after our deliveries =) For me, I am opting for 4 bedder and my gynae (Dr Ang) advised that 99% will auto upgrade to 2 bedder, unless really suay =( Dr Ang advised that the cash payment is around $600-$1k and the rest by medisave. I tot its quite reasonable. =pp

Esther,

ur colleague is a male - so not understanding, reminds me of those pple who will suddenly fall asleep when i entered the mrt =(( Cos wat if u pop before 14 Nov? Then can they cover u? I think it will be better if u are taking at least a week before to rest at home cos u be very tired and listless by then. For me, i am taking exactly 4 weeks before my edd (the max that my HR allows) and I am hoping that my girl does not pop late, otherwise, will have to use my leave to cover the days that overrun earlier than the 4 weeks before my edd. I oso prefer natural birth without epidural if possible. My girl as at last checkup on 19 Sep is still not engaged yet; she's still horizontal but Dr Ang says she's turning and everything shld be fine. As usual, Dr Ang is the non gan chong (or boh chap) type and that helps to put me at ease. =p He oso give me some notes to read up on possible complications during delivery/labour and he highlighted one which he said that is the most serious cos both mommy and bb will die. He said the others not so bad cos only bb die and mommy okay -- I was like 'duh!!!" -- he's not very reassuring indeed but I am used to him liao =) Btw, Esther, for cramps, u will feel like the muscles at the womb area contracting and if u are in bed, will feel like curling up in a foetal position to ease the pain. If u experienced such cramps but only temporarily, likely to be braxton hicks (i.e. false contractions) or so i heard. Basically, will feel pain in the womb area continuously. However, if the contractions are long and seems to come in regular short interval over a long period, likely to be sign of labour liao... Like wat evelyn has shared =)

Evelyn,

I hope ur labour this time round will be shorter!! 20 hrs is really long! Actually till now (32 weeks), I have not really experienced much braxton hicks or maybe i had it but didnt realise it?? My mum told me to rub my tummy and tell my girl (when gg into labour) to come out quickly and dun let mummy (i.e. me) have so much pain. I will try just that, hopefully it works, haha! Yep, i heard before 2nd one will normally be faster and also come out earlier... good luck to you (and all of us)!

PJs,

Just to share, I ordered my 2 nursing nightdress from this webbie www.autumnz.com and its material is quite soft and thick. I think they will deliver to your home address if ur orders hit a certain amt. My friend ordered for me, so I am not sure how the delivery goes. I never heard my friends who had delivered mentioned abt the PJs being soiled leh? I tot during labour, they will most probably ask us to take off the lower part's clothing, including undies and place a liner beneath?? Maybe experienced mommies can share more =pp

Janice,

Ur edd is so early, will u pop in October?? All the best to you! =) Share ur experiences with us thereafter.

Baby movements,

Yes, my girl is getting more active now; most active during the wee hours like 5am, afternoon and at night around 9-10pm. But then, so far, I have not woken up at night due to her kicking.... not sure if i am a heavy sleeper and thus didnt feel her kicks or she didnt kick at all. =pp I am loving the feeling of her kickings; will miss it after delivery so trying to enjy as much as I can during these last 2 mths =)

Twink,

Maybe u like to call mount e and ask them wat are the stuff they will be providing? From wat i understand, most hospitals will at least provide stuff for bbs... =p

Little bb,

Glad to hear that ur placenta is in a good position now. I hope ur bb will get to the engaged position soon. Anyway, now still have time bah. =p My bb is also still not in position yet. Yes, Mt A is undergoing major renovation during 2nd half of this year, so that's why my gynae refused to deliver at Mt A cos he said parking will be very difficult. =p

Rebeana,

My friends who delivered at TMC wore their own PJs after labour. My friend even wore her nightdress (decent type) and walk around to see her bb at the nursery room. I dun think TMC provide PJ, if u are delivering there as well. I think its okay lah... cos u be lying in bed most of the time with the blanket covering the lower half of your body. Bring a cardigan along to cover your front if u feel awkward =p

Coconut Juice

I am intending to start drinking from 34 weeks onwards and looking forward to it. Another 2 more weeks for me.

Maternity Pads,

I bought those long overnite pads instead of maternity pads... For mommies who are not sure or do not wanna buy, u can dun buy 1st cos i think hospital will provide a pack of maternity pads after delivery. If u dun like, then ask ur hubby go downstairs and buy.

Yiling,

Congrats & welcome!! ur date is a nice one - 11 11 11. Mine is also nice 20 11 2011... But i dun think my bb will zhun zhun come out on that day, but will be good if she does, haha! =pp

Dear All,

Today I just went to visit doc and my bb now is 2kgs plus at 33 weeks. My doc told me my current due date will be end of Oct. so excited but also worried about the pain.

Cyn, my EDD around the same as you!! hehe! Maybe same day ah.. haha!!

Felix, I am on hospitalisation leave now cuz I utilised all my medical leave liao.. I have 15 days MC and 45 days hospitalisation leave... =)

Then by then I finish my 45 days HL, will be school holidays le..

For those interested in the cot wrap, I just emailed them yesterday but haven't receive any reply yet.. hehe! Yes! I also see that it looks more airy.. Also, they say the traditional cot bumpers will cause suffocation.. So I scared.. I carry my bb in my tummy and suffer all the symptoms for 10 months, dun wan anything to happy to my little darling.. =P

Felixp, tink I am having some slight braxton hicks, esp at nite. Little cramp but bearable.

But last nite, when i happen to stretch/open my legs wide, my pelvic area felt a slight tear feeling. I was so worried and tot baby might come out anytime. I still have to attend my convocation and maternity shoots @ 36w (6Oct) with her loh. So now keep toking to her more..

Coconut Juice:

My mum just "scolded" me when i say i want to take coconut. She tell me when she preg with 3 of us, she nvr take at all. But i going be a bad gal. First, all of us are taking it. And next, i am craving for it!!! Lol.. Will take once a week secretly. hehe

To those mummies interested in getting the cot wrap...

I found out another webby and it is the cheapest up till now with more designs..

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=breathablebaby&origkw=breathablebaby&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1

Hmmm... Thinking of using borderlinx for the shipping.. So, to get free US Shipping, must be above $100..

I tried calculating.. It is about SGD60 including shipment fee ba.. Might be lesser if more people order.. hehe!

For those who wants, email me k! [email protected]

Back