(2011/11) Nov 2011

Mummy,

Just to share share.. If you feel difficult to sleep on side way, except look for a good pillow to support, we can also find any on hand blanket or towel, just fold it like a small bolster, put beneth of our tummy when turn to a side. It will let us feel more comfortable with the support. Hope it do helps on you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~

Evelyn> I put on abt 8 kg but my bb is abt 1.8kg at 31week plus.. For my case, I vomit during first trimester and third trimester .. So my bb is not very big.. Looking forward to see doc next Monday ,. Gg to reach my week 34 soon.

I sleep with pillow on my side..

Hi all mummies! Looks like we are getting to our due date.. Excited! Super tired today.. Woke up at least 6 times last night to pee!! Terrible feeling and I wonder why..

Rashes

I've also got rashes on the side of my tummy.. Its really very unbearable.. Super itchy! Really tempted to scratch..

Baby Wipes

What brand to buy and what is it for? Oops blur.. Feel like buying Kodomo since there is a discount now.. Do you think I can buy 10 and stock up coz according to my friend whose kid is about 1, he buys the whole box (24) and stock up when there are sale.. But I only heard ppl using Pegeon, not Kodomo, so not too sure if I should get it..

Hi Mummies, how are you doing? I have not been here for many days as was busy with office moving.

Hi Kiam,

Wah you only put on 8 kgs. And 1.8 kgs at 31 weeks I think is quite normal. Mine is 1.5 kgs plus at 30 weeks. I am also looking forward to seeing my doc this coming Thursday.

Baby wipes

I got pigeon newborn wipes as my friends all say it is good.

Cord blood

Is there anyone here sign up for cord blood banking or intend to do the donation? Any idea how to do the donation?

Placenta

I am planning to keep the plancenta and my friend introduced the Placenta Encapsulation service to me as she used before. If anyone is interested too you may send enquiry to them.

I have asked my Chinese Doctor also and he said it is good for women to recover and prepare for further pregnancy if you wish to.

http://www.inthewomb.biz/

Shjean, for cord blood banking donation, u write in to them at [email protected] and leave your hp.

they will contact you asap and arrange for a meet up (likely at your next appointment) for signing of the consent form.

Hi mummies-to-be!

I have For Sale: 6months preloved Medela Pump In Style Advanced (PISA) & Breastmilk Storage Bottles.

Locally bought US complete set with local power plug. See photo for included accessories. Full Set Photo Bought for S$599 on 24/02/2011. Receipt Photo Used for 6months, warranty for another 6months. Selling $400, or $410 with the storage bottles shown below. Also for sale: Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage Bottles. 12 x 80ml BPA-free bottles with lid. Bought for S$40, selling $20. Storage Bottles Photo

Interested parties, please leave PM or SMS @ 987 six one 872.

Thanks for viewing!

Hi Ssbaby,

thank you very much for your information. you intend to donate also? I thought cordlife can do donation but they just replied me they do not have donation programme.

as for plancenta, yes you are right they can do that. My friend took it before and she said its good and thats why I am planning to do so. You can view their website or email them to ask about the details.

Shjean, yap.. they just called me last week. Also, they say if (touch wood) our second one need the cord stem, and first bb's one is still in the bank, they can give us the piority but we need pay a sum of $. To have cord stem match is like almost having bone marrow match. And we dun expect our second child to have any problem as well nor not sure if we are going for second one within near future.

I still skeptical about eating my own plancenta. Hehe.. Let me get though my thoughts and convince myself first before i enquire further. Hehe

Fynn, Mrs Wong is the instructor i attended the childbirth class [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'll be keeping baby cord, now decidiing which one to go with cordlife or stemcord.

Hmmm... have not buy anything yet except baby clothings [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Rebeana-I bot both pigeon newborn & bb wipe.

Kiamkiam-You very slim only put on 8kg.After you deliver u sure very fast get back in shape.I put on about 11kg so far.I already had red stretch marks at my left breast & below my tumny. I hope i dont put on more than 15kg throughout pregnancy.

Janice/for all mum to be, just a sharing

I just went to Chinatown (Cheong Choon & Swanston) last Sat. Bring about $300. Nothing left. A small store but quite many things avaliable. Unless u going to buy alot of things, then go there ba.. Some items are cheaper (compared to the amk bb store opp polyclinic). Eg: the talcum powder holder, same design and colour, Cheong Choon ($2.90), AMK ($4.90).

Cheong Choon Store

Blk 34 #03-132

Upper Cross Street

Singapore 050034

Tel: 65323855

Cash only

But for powder and maybe other washing stuff, u can get from Swanston. We brought not even bb's one, but our daily shampoo there. Very very much Cheaper then outside.

Swanston

101 Upper Cross Street

#01- 17 People's Park Centre S058357

Think got nets, but bring cash better

Lastly, for herbs (Bathing & confinement), me and my mum went to Joo Huat Trading. As we duno what to buy, we ask the lady at counter. Very helpful and will give discount if u buy more. So end up, spend $155 for a month (or 20+ days) supply, not enough, then go block downstair and buy. She will tell u what to buy and what not to buy. Me and mum feel that she very honest and not out to eat people's $.

Joo Huat Trading

149 Rochor Road #B1-23 Fu Lu Shou Complex

Singapore S188425

Cash only

Wow. Thanks ssbaby. I went to the one at amk (opp polyclinic)for baby cot. My cousin buying one for us so will be ordering from them. I saw the napkins, they selling pureen 12 for $25+ and isetan is selling 10 for $20+ or 22+ but different brand, so i didn't buy from amk.

Little_bb> in fact I am not slim just I vomit alot during my first and 3rd trimester .. So I din put on alot of wt.. I also worry abt my bb as scare bb too small...

Gyn and gp say that I belong to those who have morning sickness throu out or most of the time during my preggies..

kiamkiam - i can understand how u feel cos i oso vomit too much during my 1st and i even lost weight. Till now my gain is only 7kg n it's contributed by my mth 5 where i suddenly gain 3kg else my weight gain will be less... Now my bb 1.3kg at wk 30. i oso afraid bb too small but luckily gynae says it's normal... n ur bb heavier than mine, so dun worry since our bb are at normal range of growth!

ssbaby - thanks! v comprehensive info!

Janice - i juz hand-rinse it and put under sun to dry. i dun tumble dry in case the fillings in the bumpers gets clumpy.

Janice, i did wash those bedding stuff via washing machine.. Coz got one smell.. After tt hang it dry n sun it.

No problem for infoz. I also first time mum.. So know what, share what lol..

thanks iselle and ssbaby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yep yep 1st time mum dunno what to do oso hahah and we left only with few weeks! for me nothing is done yet!

Kiamkaim-I only start to gain weight in my 3rd tri.First tri morning sickness with nausea and carpal tunnel syndrome so end up losing weight instead.Second tri i started to cough extremely badly so didnt put on much weight.Your baby not very small,My bb weighs 1.5kg in week 29.Bb too big difficult to give birth also,so average is good.As long as bb due in full team,will be in acceptable weight.

Cant wait to start drinking coconut end of this end [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

just complete my maid recruitment w agency. maid should arrive by first wek of nov. hope things turn out fine.

Hi all,

Monday blues! Glad today is over, so tired. Tired seems to be the constant word on my lips everyday now lol...

Weight gain

Actually as long as your gynae says baby is of acceptable weight based on your own height & weight, dun need to be too worried. Everyone is different. Most commented that my baby bump is quite small for 30 weeks, but as long as my gynae says it's fine, I'm not too concerned lah.

Baby bedding

My 2 baby bumpers are hand downs, so I just chuck them into the washing machine to wash then dry. Went to Ikea to check out the cot mattress covers, unfortunately the dimensions dun match my cot mattress =( have to check out other places now

Placenta

Heard from Mrs Wong (the instructor from TMC's antenatal class) that eating the placenta has no significant health benefits..? Hmmmm guess can do some research if really keen?

i had read a lot of safety for babies that dun put cot bumpers wor... similar theory of dun put unnecessary pillows n bolsters too...

went jb to buy some baby stuffs... hehe! bought quite a number of things n is a lot cheaper than sg!

Hi all daddy and mummy,

i am selling my DSLR Nikon D90 with 18-105mm kit lens.

It is only 5020 shutter count, very very low.

it can take great picture or ur loved one and also video it down.

i selling at $1000.

sms : 97590605

email me : [email protected]

Fynn-I just went jb on Sunday too.Went giant,the things there are indeed cheaper.I din manage to buy anything for my bb as i had more than enough.Only bot some groceries instead.

Placenta

Eat our own placenta is really gross.What benefits from eating that grosee thing?I know china people will want to eat their placenta but not sure how good is that thing.

Good morning Ladies! Its tues.... BB celebrating 34 weeks tml.. :D

Tink she is too excited. Keep rolling inside me and will tends to use either her knee cap or elbow (so-called sharp edges) and rub against my tummy. Feel pain so much.. Anyway face that also?

Ssbaby, recently my bb oso moves n swim inside more instead of kicking. I dunno how to describe d feeling but I do feel pain sometimes when she moves. Like wat u say sharp edges rubbing against or jabbing d tummy

ya..lately my little monster will do tat very often .. my tummy will look like a small hill sometimes left sometime right or bottom hahahha n whenever tat happen i'll feel breathless !! think bb is using his back pushing my tummy ;p after u rub rub n talk to him then gone .. think i'll miss tat after pop hahahahah

Ya lor.. I "beat" her when she do this. Last time she still scare will wun continue. This time, she hack care and continue turning and turning.. Ouch!

ssbaby, ur bb so nottily active =p. Happy 34th week birthday =)

Yeah, we will all miss the feeling of our bbs in our tummies when we popped!

Felixp, thanks! I asked my hubbby if he will treat me good after i popped (like massage when i ask him to do so). His reply was, "no". So i told him, if that the case, i ask princess to crawl back into my tummy. LOL

Oh yes, agree that baby tend to roll around more than kick nowadays. Sometimes the baby will make a little hill on one side of my tummy also. So strange but it's a good kind of strange! My SIL says in the weeks to come, might be able to see the print of the baby's tiny foot or hand on our tummy as well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Was at BHG Bugis yesterday evening trying to check out if got any sales, got a pack of maternity pads and 2 more rompers for the little one, couldn't resist since it was cheap. Together with the hand downs, I really think my baby has officially more clothes than me!

haha when my baby does that my hubby will ask her to relax and she will listen. the night b4 i woke up at 2+ then cannot sleep, i told hubby she kicked whole nite. Last nite hubby told bb must sleep with me, cannot kicked whole nite cos mummy cannot sleep. I dunno i'm too tired i didn't feel it or she really listen hahaha

Guess we all gonna miss that feeling

ssbaby, hee me too asked hubby will he treat me so good after i popped, he looked at me didn't answer. then i said only for his princess loh, after that he said both lah but princess will be better hng!

Ssbaby- Happy 34week,u can really countdown & prehaps start drinking coconut..mine is week 32..

Bb movement

Though at times i will feel slightly umcomfortable bt i loves it & feels much secure that bb is fine,happily playing inside.

Maternity pad

Where u get it? Can get from watsons or guardian pharmacy.Any recommendation of brands.Thanks...

Janice, ur hubby so good. When my baby kick, i tell my hubby, he will blow my tummy and ask her kick more and harder. *Basket. Until i really give him the "very shack" look or if he really tired, he will then say, ok bb, time to sleep.

Little_BB, can start drinking coconut liao ar? Not after 36w?

Hi mummies, took a day off work today.

Woke up with throbbing headache and leg cramps.

No idea what contribute to it so decided to do some resting at home.

Maternity tour

Went for one at TMC with my husband yesterday and the tour was just to show mummies to be and spouses about the room available in TMC, room rates as well as packages offered. A simple goodie bag with 2 packet milk powder and brochures is given at the start of the tour.

Have decided to take on a single bedded ward as it allowed spouse to stayover for the night and the baby to be by the side(upon request) at all times during the stay.

Its about 800-1.4k diff compared to a 2 bedded ward which does nt allowed spouse stayover and bb to be only pushed in during feeding time and upon request but not to stay by side whole night.

Hope my update here is good.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Maternity Pad,

I heard pureen brand is good. can get from kiddy palace. But before i know that I already got 3 packs of Kotex.

BB movement

I really love to feel my bb moving although sometimes his "big" movement will make me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Placenta

Agree that it sounds a bit gross and most of the western doctors do not believe in this. haha. but surprisingly my friend who is a "ang mo pai" highly recommended this to me and that is why I went to find out more information. In TCM,it is recognized as a rich nutrition resource. Think some Chinese people just "abused" it by taking too much. Anyway, it is up to the individual and i am still thinking also. haha

ssbaby, hahaha ya my hubby is the opp... i told him baby keep kicking, he asked bb not to kick so much thinking i'm not comfortable. but i told him it's ok for her to kick wat hahhaha...

Shjean, haha me enjoy and love it too despite the uncomfortableness. sometimes at nite when in bed i rather enjoy the kicks then sleeping hahah

Placenta

Placenta is high in protein and said to be beneficial to our health. In order to make into capsule, must make sure the one doing it is trustable as need high heat to sterilize it.

Just went for my gynae appointment.My bb head went up instead of going down,oh no...Last appointment my bb head is down then now in a siting position.If remain in this position at week 36 i will have to book for csection.My bb head oso v huge,im in my week 32 but it looks like week 34 head.Saw my bb feet & fingers,happi..hopefully bb head will go down by werk 36.

Hi Mummies,

went for my appt today too, bb at 34 weeks n weigh 2.2kg, i have put on nearly 14kg b4 my preg so scare tat cant lose weight after baby pop out. Hav booked my delivery suite too, 1 bedded at KKH cost around $4080 really ex hope tat can hav natural birth if not will cost even more. Now really feeling a bit scared with baby popping out soon, so excited too can't wait to see her!

Janice-My gynae never mention to teach me to position bb head down lei [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Can share with me if your gynae teaches you?

Julia-We tends to be scared & worried as our edd is near esp first time mum who dunno what we will be experiencing.Try to think positive tat everything will be fine.If cannot endure with natural then opt for epi.

Hi mummies,

Taggies Toys and Blankies -- a "must have" nursery item for little. For well over a decade now, babies and children have been comforted by their tactile, soothing and safe taggies. Little ones love to rub and twiddle the satin tags on clothing, blankets and toys as a calming and reassuring comforter.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6057909.jpg]

PM me for details.

bb movement

starting to feel more bb movement. this didi is not as rough as his jiejie who moves more.

pumps

hv u gotten ur pump? still undecsive what shld i shld be getting. #1 din do much BF, hope #2 can do more. jiejie understand that BF for didi and say if didi cant fin she wld help to finish up

checkup

this fri going for checkup and need to do my 2nd GTT. hope things go on well

Hi 

I m stopping breast feeding and selling my breast pump.

Philips Avent Twin Electronic Breast Pump 

Local set with warranty till Mar 2013

Include manual pump conversion kit

Cd on guide to breast feeding

Bag for the pump including ice packsx4 n insulator bagsx2

A set of nipple protectors

Honey color 260ml avent bottle x2 used only to contain milk when pumping. Bpa free 

Honey color 125ml avent bottle x2 inclusive of teats. Brand new bpa free 

Translucent 125ml avent bottle x 1 inclusive of teats. Brand new. 

2x avent pacifier 3-6 mths bpa free

Got it at $599. Willing to let go at $450 as it is still under warranty. Will provide receipt. Warranty can change for brand new set in case of breakdown. But it is very new.

Self collect at Bedok area. Pls pm me if keen. Tnx

Hi julia

Wah! Your bb absorb very well n 14 kgs is very normal. Somemore it seems your baby is growing v well. So do not worry too much. Did your doc say anything about ur weight?

Baby movement

We really enjoy talking n feeling our baby every night . The little one Is v active during night time. My tummy will go up n down n we always feel sth very hard but do not know if it's bb's head or elbow etc. Any idea ?

Hello mummies,

Sorry to disturb.

I have 2 packs of Brand New Drypers S Size to let go. $10/pack. My baby has outgrown them.

Pls PM me if interested. Thanks.

Thanks.

Back