(2011/10) Oct 2011

I oso wanna know if full bm need to feed water. Its been almOst 3mths n My baby's milk rash on face is still there. Normal?

Bb 3days Neva pass motion... Again, is it coz I din feed her water?

hi sweetsnow. 2 weeks ago, i jus brought my baby to see GP on pass motion.

GP said that 1 week no pass motion is the max.

After 1 week, better bring baby to see GP or PD.

I did feed baby with gripe water & water.

Nowadays weather is too hot, thus we can feed them with water.

Hi forever81, you can use a sterile gauze and wrap round your little finger to swipe your baby's tongue. This is taught by a lady from parentcraft. But must use sterile gauze...The milk stain may not go away after the first time, continue to swipe for a few more days...

Hi! I used to use sterile gauze and my bb's tongue still very white and I suppose it's abit too thick already. Oh and I do not use sterile gauze anymore. Too troublesome and costly. I'm using cloth diaper (cut a small piece) now. And I'm doing a quick clean after each feed whenever possible. If she falls asleep then I skip that step.

What I my mom did to me and my bro is to feed us with abit of water immediately after eAch milk feed to cleanse the mouth/tongue. I also tried on my bb But she rejects totally.

Hi forever81, I can't tell u should or should not but if you ask for my personal opinion I feel it's alright to give prob 20-30 ml if ur bb accepts it. My bb drinking since newborn as my CL fed her. But the vol is very little when just born la then slowly increase.

Oh, my maid who has experience in infant care also told me to use sterilize gauze to clean which is what we are doing but bb tongue still white. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I also didn't clean the tongue... The lady who taught the BFing class in TMC said it is optional. I tried but my girl will make retching motions so I stopped.

Advice on length of naps please! My girl can sleep for 3 hrs straight in the yaolan. Is it abit too excessive? If I put her on the cot, she will wake in one hour but seems still tired. How long should babies sleep at one stretch in the day and how many hours in total?

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 12:29 pm:       

Hi

I'm a mtb in few weeks time and I would appreciate any mummies feedback on the electric dual breast pump that you are using as I am still undecided over Medela Pump In Style, Medela Freestyle and Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast pump.

Hope any kind mummies can share with me on their feedback.

Thank you

Tongue: I dun clean everyday, only when remember, hahah. N I use those washcloth from tollyjoy, one side printed one side white, the material like tshirt, very soft.

Nap: I following GF so the nap timing are abt 1.5hr to 2hr each. If sleep too much, bb will nt be able to fall asleep by 7pm.

My take is bf babies- no water for me..

fm babies- good to feed a while after the milk feed..maybe 20-30ml..if poo is hard then give more water...adjust accordinly..

Does any mummies have rashes or pimples on your body? I've got a lot of pimples all

Over my shoulder n back.. Gynae said its hormone changes n tat it will go away.. It has been a few mths.. But still there!

winny: yes, i find it quite useful as i know what bb wants when cry and helps when i go back to work as caretaker just need to follow the schedule [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

no leh, i haven got my menses yet. doc say as long as bf will not get...

winny: yes, i find it quite useful as i know what bb wants when cry and helps when i go back to work as caretaker just need to follow the schedule [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

no leh, i haven got my menses yet. doc say as long as bf will not get...

hi mommies!

where do you get your diapers from? I just had a bad experience.

I got my diapers from CK Dept and i realised that some pieces are with black spots (attached) and i called up the distributer in Singapore and they claimed that they do not distribute to CK Dept and they could not do anything about it.

I insisted that no matter what, it's still a product of the brand that I'm using. So she's checking with her management how to handle this case.

She also request me to buy from reliable source in future. Duh!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6594963.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6594964.jpg]

Winny,

Wat brand of diaper u bought fm ck dept? I believe ck dept parallel imPort most of their items directly which is why their prices are lower than major dept stores. They may also keep their stock too long which is why there are mould on the diapers. Nonetheless the diaper co shld honor their pdt irregardless where we bought it from....

Usually I buy my diaper from Ntuc or cold storage whenever they having sale. Usually stock up few pkts during sale.

As for formula milk, I always buy from Sheng shiong using my diners Sheng shiong card as they have 10% rebates. I understand from my friend whom work for supermarket that the govt regulate that no promotion for infant milk powder (0-6 mths) as they wish to encourage breastfeeding. As such, the prices for infant milk powder 0-6mth are the same for most supermarkets. We can only look into different credit card promo for best deal.

Hi coco, I didnt know that ck direct import. But the manufactures date on the diaper is 2011. It doesn't feel like mould as its not sticky or damp. The brand I bought is mamypoko.

I've compared prices for milk powder and mostly the same so I buy from ntuc too.

There are some medical halls within hdb neighborhood which sell milk powder, at prices cheaper than NTUC. My baby is on NAN HA 1; NTUC is selling $42.80 while I just found a medical hall in Yishun which sells $38.60 for the same thing. Just some ideas for you mummies.

Hi Tracy

Do u know of any medical hall which sell cheaper milk powder in the west?? Are the milk powder source same as supermarket? (country of manufacture)

My bb also drink nan ha 1 and she also finish one tin in 10 days.

Hi coco, yeah mine too. And I stay west also. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Coco- sorry I don't know of any medical hall in the west. My baby's pd is at Yishun blk 417 and there's the medical hall next to the NTUC within walking distance. Source is exactly the same as NTUC bought powder for NAN HA 1.

Winny- I'm not so sure about the name of medical hall but can check during next pd visit on feb 18.

Hi mummies

I've been a silent reader all these while & would love to join in the chat.. My baby was supposed to due in mid Nov but delivery pre-mature in Oct due to water bag leaked.

Hi Coco & Winny, there is a medical hall @ JW block 500+ market which sell milk powder cheaper than ntuc. The medical hall is beside Watson shop. I used to buy Enfalac from ntuc at $44.90 & there sell at $42. If anyone stay JW st 81, there is a provision shop at block 824 which sells even cheaper, $41 for Enfalac. ;)

hi novmummy,

thank you for your adv.

I went to the medical hall at 500+ (besides Watsons) but NAN HA 1 is not available.

Hello, haven log in for quite sometime, this is my first week of work, shag. slept at almost 1, wake up at 4+ to feed n pump excess milk out, woke up at 630 to bath her n get ready for work everyday... Tired..

Every morning, my heart tug at me when I look at her before getting out of the house... She wld smile and smile at me... Feel so bu she de to leave her bt at least I nod mil wld take gd care of her.

Hi rejoy28! I can't imagine when it's my turn. We are considered lucky as we have someone we trust to look after our bb.

U woke up at 6.30 to bath her? Enough time for yourself to prepare? Wouldn't you be late for work? Everytime I bath my bb I'll sweat like mad then I have to bath too.

hi mummies,

I m also returning back to work next Thursday liao.. Really sian as foresee that will have insufficient rest. Think will hav to wake up middle of night for night feeding, then 6am to pump milk and cleaning bb and preparing for work. Dun intend to Pump milk during lunch time as no place for pumping n my milk supply is also low... Hopefully no engorgement by end of day...

Btw , any of your bb sleep throughout the night? My bb last feeding is around 9 or 10pm n she will wake up between 4 to 6 am for night feed. Then she will be awake by 7.30 but usually I am still sleepy n coaxed her back to sleep till 10am. My Bb also want to sleep either on my chest or next to me after the night feeding. She will always wake up and cry when I put her back to her cot.. No choice but to use either both method as I am too tired to rock her to sleep... Any mummies also face same scenario?

Lastly my bb recently also fussed a lot during evening time and cry out very loud and badly whenever both my hubby n myself are not around. She will only stopped crying when she saw us... I guess she has started to recognize her mummy n daddy. My mil had hard time consoling her. Few days ago, my hubby n I were going out for movie and we have to rush back home even before we reach the cinema as mil called to say bb crying very badly. Sighed... Worried how to cope when back to work next week...

Hi coco, my bb's timing also same as yours. But a lot of ppl tell me it's very good already by waking up only once at night. Some of the mommies her give their bb Dream Feed. Maybe they can tell u more. So far my husband is not encouraging dream feed so i cannot comment or adv.

My bb recently fuss a lot from evening onwards and today she cried so hard that I surrendered. I gave her pacifier and she fell asleep after sucking for 30min. I guess really no choice.

Winny: I wake up n prepare myself n the water, by 655 or 7 bath her n feed her by 715, ard 735-740, changed and get out of the house by 750-755. Reach office n start work by 830.

Coco, think ur bb timing already very gd like wat windy says. My bb only like to zzz at 12+ n wake up again to feed at 4+ and I ve to wake her up again at 6+ to bath.

Hi mummies

It has been 3 weeks since I have started working ... Really tiring but choice I guess, waking up at 5.45 to prepare myself then feed n change my son then send him to IFC . Recently he will smile to me when I

Leaving him with the teacher , really can't bear to leave him there...

My son also will wake up for night feed.. Duno when this is going to end , he is going to be 4 mth old soon.

For those mummies who r not working yet go treasure ur bonding time now !

Lastly happy lunar new year n may our babies be healthy, Guai Guai n happy!

I'll be back to work next Wed too.. my BB timing n e no of time he wakes up varies but usually from 11-2 wake up more often then sometimes able to slp thru for 7 hrs n sometimes wake up every 3hrs to feed. Sometimes he can wake up till 4 or 5 am then slp! Think if he's cranky n refuse his slp i'll be deprived if my slp as well!

Coco

U shld pre-empt ur MIL tat when u get back to work ur MIL will be e main caregiver she can't be possibly call u to go hm when u r at work so better give ur BB time to get used to ur MIL.. cos tat happen to me when I jus started to bottle feed him EBM. My BB refused e bottle when I'm out for e noon n hb call me as both hb n MIL can't make him drink milk despite few hrs of trying! Hb ask me to rush back n latch him. Thou I rush back I remind my hb tat I need to go back to work n BB needs to bottle feed he need to think of a way to pacify BB.. tat was e 1st time he refuse bottle so much as sometimes my hb n I will be out but MIL also bottle feed him b4 but no prob.

Libra: you r worse than mi, ve to wake up at 545.. Can understand he u feel, every morning when seeing my daughter smile at mi, I dun feel like gg to work... Bt no choice, we still need to make a living...

Hi mommies!

Did your bb get fever for Rotavirus vaccine? I'm still deciding if I should go for it. This disease doesn't seem common in Singapore.

Winny

Side track a bit- I also tot rotavirus needs to be taken as jab but my fren say it's sthg to drink n need to take it twice n 1 mth apart. Nerd to take rotavirus b4 BB turn 6mth. Is tat true?

hi bubblygeekypig,

ROTAVIRUS VACCINE

is taken orally and has 2 doses. 1st is when they are 3 mths and the 2nd dose prob 5 months.

This vaccine might cause fever so i'm not sure if i should go for this since it's not common in Singapore.

5-in-1 or 6-in-1

Are you going for the 5-in-1 or 6-in-1?

I understand that there are 3 types and my PD suggested me to take the Modified 6-in-1 but I do not know why. I'll ask her later.

* 5-in-1

* 6-in-1

* Modified 6-in-1

Rotavirus: yup taken oral. My girl has that yesterday together with the 5 in 1. So far she has no fever. M more kiasu, even though nt common, I still let her tt, I rather spend small money now, (99) per dose, than if she caught it n spend big money

Winny

Oh thanx! But wat's rotavirus for? I've heard abt it but forget wat's it for alr..

I'm taking in polyclinic so during 3 mths it's 5-in- 1 then during 4 mths another jab n 6 mths taking 6-in-1.. didn't hear b4 modified 6-in-1.. my BB after taking 5-in-1 jab I can feel him hot all over but no fever so didn't take medicine.. I hear my fren sayin her BB has fever so in future will let her BB take medicine b4 kana fever..

hi!

Rejoy28, not because of $$ but i'm worried about fever and being cranky coz i'm looking after my bb alone so scared.

Bubblygeekypig,

ROTAVIRUS

according to internet, rotavirus is the leading virus that cause children's severe diarrhea and vomitting which can lead to dehydration and even death. So this vaccine will input a type of virus to bb's body so that body will develope the immune system against Rotavirus. It doesnt mean that with this vaccine, bb will not get it in future but probably not that serious.

Rotavirus is more common in cold countries and developing countries.

So your bb did not take Rotavirus vaccine?

5-in-1 or 6-in-1

I think yours is the modified 6-in-1 jab coz you took 5-in-1 first then 5-in-1 again and last 6-in-1.

hi ladies....have been a silient reader...noticed some of you were talking about rotavirus...for ur info, recently there's a outbreak of rotavirus in some childcare centres...so beta to play safe ya...after ur babies turned 6 mths, they cannot take it already...

i tink as long as u feed ur baby medicine after the dose, it will be alright ba...

Winny

Oh thanx! Now tat u mention abt it I recalled Haha! So far my BB haven't take e rotavirus yet probably next mth when i go for his 2nd dose of 5 in 1 then i ask since it's taken orally.. oh I didn't noe mine is e modified 6-in-1 but when e nurse brief me abt diff combinations if jab i chose this.. n e last time ny BB took e 5 in 1 jab wif prenuccol (dunno how to spell) jab tgt at diff thigh..

Back