(2011/10) Oct 2011

creamdonut (creamdonut) , how much is one pair of nursing pads? ok to buy from their website?

for BF mummies, how many times do you all hve to wake up every night to pump? Now i wake up two times every night....if continue BF for one year, hve to wake up every night for one year?? now on maternity leave still ok, but after return to work, still wake up every night, how to work??

YA (quizzer2011) : welcome to the forum! i also use the formula that rejoy28 is using. but if your pd says its ok then i tink can listen to him loh. r u feeding FM or EBM?

rejoy28 (rejoy28): no worries, this forum is for ppl to let out steam one. when u feel upset, take a deep breath and try to count 1-10. this period will feel more emotionally unstable, so try to take everything easy. jia you!

Sweetsnow (sweetsnow) : must latch on, if not bb will refuse the breast next time. as for clothes, i wore nursing wear at bb shower. bought online, since cant leave hse during confinement.

Winny (winny): maybe u check the way u latch on is it correct? it also helps a lot to change feeding position, i.e sometimes cradle position sometimes football, so that not the same area of the nipple is rubbing against bb's gums each time. their gums are quite hard and cause abrasion on the nipples. in the meanwhile, apply nipple cream to soothe the area. for latch on time, max is one hr. is she ok if u pull away aft one hr?

eliaw (eliaw) : it depends on indiv i tink. if got jamu massage will be clear faster.

mrschun (mrschun): their price std one loh, buy at isetan during non-sale also same price as website. ya ok to buy from website [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] unless u like to see/touch product before buying?

Winny

My nipples r ok I jus wear my bra as per norm..

Mrschun

I bf but i dun wake up to pump cos my BB demands BM every hr! I also wonder how am i gg to manage once I'm back to work! I jus hope he doesn't need to wake up tat often soon!

Creamdonut, Blackbatz and Sweetsnow, thanks for the suggestion and comments. I think my conclusion is she doesn't like BF.

Sometimes I will pump when I still feel a bit engorge after feed. My CL is saying that I pump too much. She says the more I pump the more milk I have. Of cos I know it and this is what I want. Which mummy doesn't want more milk supply.

So last night she pass me bb to feed. Bb wakes up at 11, 130 and 4 for feeding. At the last feeding he doesnt want to finish the 2nd breast, so he cried after a while. The CL says that's the consequence of BF and bb did not sleep the whole night. In fact, bb wakes up every 2.5 hr for feeding and she says that bb did not sleep.

So conclusion is she is not pro BF. Regretted hiring CL from PEM.

winny: my bb doesn latch on for so long.. she only latch on about once or twice a day and everytime she latch on, is only abt max 10mins per breast.... she is too impatient to drink from my breast cause the milk flow is slow... haii... wish she wld wan to latch on more...haha.. opp from urs...

MnM: We all know why we want to breastfeed the bb so that the bb has more nutrients and have better immune system.. it is very common for BF bb to wake up every 2-2.5hrs to feed.... bt as the BB grow older, they wld wake up less frequent to feed..... Jia you....

Mnm,

The timing that you mentioned is normal.

Even if feed with FM, baby will still wake up two times. In any case, babies will not sleep through the night till two or three months later. Even then, some still wake up in the middle of the night for 1 feed. Don't let her "smoke" you. More like she did not sleep the whole night, not baby.

When she pass u bb to feed, u bottle feed or breastfeed?

For my CL, I breastfeed during midnight etc and then pass to her to burp, change pampers while I go back to sleep immediately.

As for your CL, just turn away whenever she says BF is no good etc.. Anyway, she is not staying with you forever. Make sure you have enough rest, no stress so that your milk supply can be sustained. Otherwise, when bb demands for more milk, she will say tht you have insufficient milk.

Eliaw: I'm 3 weeks after delivery already n still have abut of discharge. Not the heavy flow kind. If you have the heavy flow kind, it means there are blood clots in your womb.

Mrschun: I wake up twice each night to pump. I did the same for my first one till abt 10 months. You can structure it such that you wake up once say 3 am n the next time will be 30 mins earlier than when u usually go to work.

Rejoy28: must try to latch your baby more often. Maybe try during the day n when she's not that sleepy?

How many of you are still doing confinement? I can't wait for it to end quickly. No wind in my house although it has been raining. Raining makes it very humid n makes me more sweaty! Hate the feeling...

MnM,

My CL is oso from PEM. I havent latched for 2 days. So today I told her i want to latch for the next feed. They must be told specifically what to do... sigh

Rejoy28 and Blackbatz, thanks for the encouragement. It can be quite depressing when someone discourage you from BF.

Sweetsnow, your CL also have the same problem. In the future I will just hire freelance CL.

hi creamdonut, tks for the adv. Initially i m more to cradle position but i've been thinking abt future days without CL so i'm trying the lying down position to let myself get used to it since i'll be the one feeding bb in future in the middle of the night. Also BB getting heavier. Can't get a suitable pillow to support also.

Hi rejoy28, i used to express out my BM + top up with FM but my CL says because of this, my bb is impatient and tends to fall asleep easily if latch on.

So now during the day, i'm 100% latching on. Only during midnight, my CL will bottle feed her with FM.

Hi Adele, i'm doing confinement and i'm getting used to it. I'm more worried now since it's going to end as I'm not sure how i can cope without the CL. I still on the fan and sometimes aircon leh. But i sweat alot lah.

mrschun (mrschun): good news! moomookow will be at the parenthood fair this weekend. if u free can pop by n see got discount for e pads anot, hehe

MnM (mnm2009): CL say bb cry is the consequence of BF? no logic leh.

Winny (winny): i do the lying down position at night and the early mornings too. bt the downside is that sometimes i fall asleep during the feeding, hahaha.

hi MnM, your baby's feeding timings are quite normal. mine is 9pm, 2am, 6am plus minus an hour. same as blackbatz i will latch and pass to CL to burp and change.but sometimes it might still take up 45mins cos my girl tends to fall asleep after one side and it would take another 10mins to wake her up. When she pooped at night, it will take even longer.

My CL was sharing her experience when she first started. She says the new CLs would join the agencies to gain experience and widen their network. Once they are considered 'good' they will freelance since the money is better and more flexibility. So those with agencies tend to be the inexperienced ones. Maybe that's why they give so much trouble.

leeoh (leeoh) : ya, sounds reasonable why those CL in agencies are not as good as freelance. those freelance ones that are popular need to book like 6mths in advance!

Leeoh, ur bb feed at 4-5 hr interval?! Only at night or during the day as well? How did u manage to get ur bb to sleep for so long?

My bb has been spitting milk for the past few days. Quite a lot of milk each time. Anyone has the same experience? We brought bb to see PD on last Sunday and got some medicine for reflux. It doesn't seem to help. I'm worried that it could be thickening of the stomach muscles that's preventing milk to flow.

Think frm tomoro onwards, I shall latch her during the day and maybe bottle feed her at night wif BM... Think I ve to be more hardworking... Think m too lazy taking the easy way out... Ve to be more hardworking

Hi Winny,

I also on aircon but not fan. My Cl says fan is a no no. On the last day of your confinement, remember to ask your Cl to show you how to bathe n clean your baby so that you'll be able to cope when she leaves. I still have abt 2 weeks more. Sigh...

MnM: Did your baby burp after each feed? I have to burp mine a few times otherwise he will spit out milk too.

hi creamdonut, that's what i like abt lying down leh. I can rest..keke..

Hi Adele, i've been asking her to show me already but must hands on then able to learn. When i change for bb, she'll say "faster"... hahaha...

Btw, i do burp my bb after each feed but she still spit out milk. Naughty girl.

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350

- Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym @ $15

- Lamaze Gardenbug Foot Finder & Wrist Rattle Set @ $10

Kindly PM me if keen, thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all,

So far my bb is drinking every two hours in the day and three hourly(12 midnit, 3 and 6am). I have not been latching much as I pump four to five hourly for the cl to feed. This schedule is good for me as I have sufficient rest. But not sure what will be the schedule when the cl leave. She have another 1.5 week less with me, then I will be on my own, hence I am asking her to train my maid to feed and warm up milk so that I have a back up

Hi MnM,

Dunno leh, i didn't do anything to make my baby sleep longer at night... it is just her pattern since the first week. But she is very wakeful in the day time... she can be awake from 7am to 10am or 11am, then again from 6pm to 9pm. Maybe that's why she tires herself out and sleep more at night. And when she is awake, she will cluster feed almost every 1.5 hours, probably to tank up for the night.

Rejoy28,

My boy weights 3480gm at day 6 when we bring him back to pd for his jaudice review. And he put on another 100gm in 2 days soon after his next follow up. Pd say his weight gain and appetite seems to be on the higher side. Now he is starting to increase his per milk feed to 150ml already. I am so worried he might just vomit all his milk out. Everytime i feed i only dare to give up to 120ml but my hubby say bb can drink more..so he will feed 150ml while i stick to my 120ml.

Creamdonut,

I am giving my ds all EMB. Actually he can latch on and suck well but i choose to express my milk for him to drink so that i can ensure he drinks well by clearing out more pee / poo which in all will helps to bring down his jaudice level.

Hi jojobar, if u dun really latch ur bb and u only pump 4-5 hr interval, hw do u manage to ve enough BM for ur bb? Till now, my bb is 15th days old, on good pump, I can only pump 80-90ml

Hi rejoy,

I guess cos I rest well hence this tine my supply is quite sufficient as well. I manage to pump like 200 ml Per pump on the low time, but if I drink a lot of red date tea , I can pump like 250ml. I prefer to pump cos is less time consuming, I an using double pump hence each pump session to clear both breast us only abt 20 minutes for me.

But I did read sOme where that if u don't oact milk supply will drop, I might change to latching for nite feed when cl is gone.

Anyway, tomorrow I will start my long waited jamu massage... Yay !

Jojobar: envy u... 200ml on low time is alot... I ve been drinking plain water n of coz red date bt nt so much... Maybe like 300ml of red date... Does drinking red date help as well? Rest is something that I do not ve enough, on average I only zzz ard 6hrs a day (add together). Usually I ve ard 3-4hrs of undisturb zzz and in btw bb zzz, I wld zzz another 1 hr or so....

Adele, I've been trying very hard to burp my bb but he's just so difficult to burp. Sometimes I just give up after a while. Maybe that's why he spits a lot of milk.

Leeoh, ur bb has very good sleeping and feeding pattern haha. Envy you can sleep more at night and don't have to worry abt feeding time.

Winny (winny) : hahah, if fall asleep then will forget to change side, then one side will be super pain later bt unable to feed bb by then cos bb already sleeping. dilemma loh.

Envy those whose BB only wake up few times at nite.. my BB wakes up every 1 hr! Max is 2hr!! My son also throw up quite a lot of milk but I alr burp him b4 n he throw up only aft some time I burp him.. I also try to lie down n feed recently but scare i'll dozed off n hit ot crash onto him!

bubblygeekypig : haha, no la will not be that bad until crash on him la. u can try lie down in the day time first to test out the position, e.g hand put where, pillow put where etc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies

My supply didn't seem to increase lor.I pump 6 times and total 1 liters of breast milk per day since wk3...nw going to wk 4,my supply still d same lor..

Creamdonut

Ya maybe I shld try it when I'm more awake.. but I realise I tend to dozed off while bf him if it's more than 15min so i tend to keep myself bz ie chk out blog/ online shopping/ forum Haha!

Jojobar,

My current milk supply is the same as you.

Any idea we can pump up to how much at this rate we are going? I am kinda worried about being over supply and having to go through severe engorgement again. I had a very bad breast infection when i bf my elder child last time, left with no choice i gave up bfing ..so for this time round i hope i really can go on to bf my 2nd at least till 6 months when i return back to work.

Hi ya,

For mr, I have started to keep some of the milk as frozen milk. I am not sure if I can maintain the supply when the cl is gone. But for me the last tine, my milk gradually dry up after 10 months. Hence I just slowly cut down in pumping. Also I never let mt #1 latch on the last tine, after he turn 7 months. So that could be the reason.

hi jojobar, is this ur first child? I also drink 1 big pot of red date water but still like this. hahaha... my CL say it's like this. Not much milk means not much milk.

Hi Jojo,

i think very good le leh. Whenever i pump i get 30-40ml only. i'm on my 24th day le. but then bb can get enough as long as i latch on so this solves the problem of insufficient BM for the time being.

Hi winny,

This is my second one. My number #1 is already three years old, I total bf my #1 for 10 months previously. Not sure if I can achieve the same this time around. I really doubt so, but my current target is 6 months.

How to continue bf when at work? Wont you feel tired having to wake up at night to pump n go work?

I'm worried I'll give up once my leave is over

adele: yes mine do leak on the other breast, but im doing the football position when latching, so will use the breast shield to contain the leaked milk.

Libra: not sure if this is call mixing, but my BM is not enough per feed, so bb will sleep for a while, sometimes half hr, then he will cry. I will then top it up with FM.

Hi sweetsnow,

For me the last time for my #1, I wake up once to pump. Or pump at midnite and 630am. Also becos I did not restvwell, I lost quite a bit of my weight.

At work, I pump twice in the day and rush home to pump for evening. Hence my pumping schedule at work, is 630am, 1130am, 430pm, 730pm and 12midnite. Sometime, I let my son latch on for the 730pm feed. This time, I will probably do the same schedule when I get back o work in march

creamdonut (creamdonut) ,thanks!

Dear mummies, anyone of you do not have window grills for your house? i'm thinking of installing, but my hubby said will look like prison. However, with young kids, window grills more secured correct?

Winnie, green papaya? my CL prefers ripe papaya as the soup will be taster.

All of your milk leaking...how envious..mine don't.

Hi mummies

My confinement lady just left *sob sob* It is time to face reality [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Now everything must hands-on liao. Just washed my pump for the first time haha...next will be the soiled diapers sigh.

MnM and sweetsnow, don't envy me lar. My girl poops at the 3am feed almost every night so I still end up staying awake for an hour just to settle her feeding and cleaning. But you can try to keep your babies awake abit more in the day time to lengthen the night hours?

My supply is also stagnating even though I pump every 2.5hours [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Starting next week, i am slowing down the pumping to 3 hourly now that the CL is gone ... cannot take it and not much effect anyway. My average is 110ml every 3 hours for the last 2 weeks. I hope to BF for 5 months this time.

Librabb, when you supplement with FM, you might want to feed the EBM and FM separately. Don't put both in one bottle. That is what my CL says.

mrschun

I am also sourcing for window grills now! You got any lobangs? I found this invisible grills thing which is quite interesting but not sure how much. But yes, will be dangerous once baby starts to climb.

Hi all, m going back to work in mid jan, I scared after gg back to work, my low supply wld drop further n nt able to produce more milk for my bb...

Leeoh,

I can't imagine when my CL leaves. I haven't learned how to bath or even change bb's diapers!

Feeding - My CL is giving bb pacifier more and more often. She says coz bb constantly want to drink even thou she is feeding bb every hour. The intake also increased from 80ml to 100 ml since last week.

BF - My supply seems to have increased. Yest and today i managed to pump a total of around 320ml from both breast. I'm hoping at least I can freeze the ebm and give bb in case I stop pumping when i go back to work. So fast Nov liao...

Back