(2011/10) Oct 2011

roxanne,

i saw the menu for natal essentials.

dinner seems to be 2 dish + soup.

lunch seems to be 2 dish + soup for some days in the week too.

On sat, its fried rice + 1 dish and soup.

i will have to examine the menu more closely over the weekend because i don't eat many of the dishes like the pig trotters, and also the chicken feet. i wonder if they can change?

pofy, yes as much as your body can tolerate it's always best to keep your bb until full-term. my boy was born exactly at 40 weeks and he was quite a hardy and healthy newborn. i've made my poor hb sleep in the living room because his snores are kind of weird. he can suddenly roar like a lion that sends shivers down my spine while i was sleeping and sometimes he can sing while snoring. i've tried ear plugs but it's no use. now i'm crossing fingers he'll finally agree to go to TTSH for a sleep study as to how severe his sleep problems are. cos he kept telling me he rarely gets a good night's rest.

esther, yes surprisingly he allows me to try though i told him i'm prepared for repeat c-section due to diabetes. by the time my 2nd boy is born, #1 would be 2.5 years old. but i won't force it just as pofy said. so long bb and me are safe that's what matters.

luv > ya true as long as the baby if healthy, nothing else matters.

pofy > mine is opposite from urs, my MIL dunno all those and when she gave birth she still shower and wash hair everyday during confinement with cold water some more. So she had no restriction on me. Whereas on the other hand my mum is the one telling me all these. Have to rinse all the cups and utensils with boiled water before using, best is don't shower during the confinement period.

Ya I got an ang moh fren whom juz gave birth in June. After 1 week giving birth she went gym and heard her mum saying she ran 10km on the treadmil (she used to participate in ironman). But she still follow some rules like no cold water and wear shoes at home.

my mil is ignorant abt all this, so i m pretty safe. is my mum who knows all this but she herself bath during confinement cuz cannot stand the heat so i m ok. but she mentioned abt no fan and aircon, i will negotiate again when the time comes.. hehe.

Two cents- wash hair ok but must blow dry.

No plain water cos may cause water retention.

Will bathe but with herbs.

No direct fan but will on aircon but at higher temperature.

Wish0upon0star > ya my CL also told me to blow dry hair and shower with herbs, gonna stock up on the herbs. My MIL din know abt this herb it's my mum who bought it for me. :D

Think for me I still need to have some plain water during confinement period coz when I was doing my first confinement, they say no plain water only drink red date tea in the end I got sore throat, running nose, cough and fever after first week of full red date tea. My CL told me I'm the first. :D

I didn't really use fan coz of wind but air con was on almost 24hrs, can't stand the heat. But I will still wear long sleeve and long pants when going out.

Luv

ur description of ur hb snoring like lion made me burst out laughing. Good to see everyone back active in this thread. FB alot of restrictions ESP at work la.

Check up today wk 32 d 5 : bb is 1.8 kg head down already. No wonder got this annoying ticklish feeling down there sometimes. Blood pressure bordeRline. Wonder if bcoz just climb e overhead bridge at tmc. Panting after that. Bb head 1 cm bigger than expected but Gynae say nothing can do abt it.

Also said that take ML 2 wks b4 Edd good enough. Too early rest also must exercise not laze at home. Encouraged for natural even w groin pain After delivery if any dislocation etc go physio w a hip realignment girdle.

Anyway I will just trust her advise n leave my fate in her hands. Now onwards visit every 2 wks. Y winter 3 wks?

Pofy,

Some pregnancy or confinement practices do not have scientific proofs..Just take it with a pitch of salt. Don't be too affected by it. Your relatives may have good intention giving all their opinions n views, but it is us who will be doing confinement, we just need to do what we think is reasonable and best for ourselves and our babies.

For example: bathing during confinement..my view point is, if we don't bathe, when we feed our babies, wouldn't we expose them to the bacteria and germs from our bodies? we Sterilize all the bottles and stuff, but we dun "Sterilize" ourselves..don't make sense isn't it? :)

I ever asked people about the "bathing" myth and was told that this practice is referring to the really olden days where during winter, water is really cold and with no heater. In Humid Spore, it does not apply. If we are really concern, bathe with rice wine or "da feng cao" herbs. as for washing of hair, washed liao..Just need to blow dry with dryer.

As for not touching water, if so, does it mean to say, we cannot brush our teeth and wash our face when we wakes up in the morning too? We'll be touching water during these time too right?

As for aircon or fans.it's really up to individual, my belief is that Fan is acceptable as it provides ventilation and as long as we dun blow them directly towards us for long period of time.. In hosp when we stay, we either stay in aircon room or in wards with fans, right?

During confinement it is ok to take fruits, like apples and papaya..:) Afterall, papaya soup is 1 dish that helps us to increase BM right?

In all things, just remember..take everything in moderation. ;-)

Have a happy confinement is the most important thing. baby will feel our moods..

Hi mummies,

I'm doing my Doula course and for my certification I need to support two ladies thru their child birth. I'm a mum of two babies given birth naturally, first child without drugs so I know the experience of trying to go natural birth.

Would any mummies be willing to let me support you through your birth to achieve your perfect birth experience please email me at [email protected]. I will just like an angbao for my transport and helping you thru your perfect birth experience.i can be in the delivery room with your husband, so no worries about your husband not wing attend your birth. Don't feel shy to approach me if you are a low income family. We can work something out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hope to see your emails soon.

Linda

[email protected]

Hello All,

Woohoo, less than 2 months before meeting our little precious. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

On diapers, I tried Nepia too. It was ok. But eventually I used NTUC brand for home use and Huggies Ultra for going out. Think for my #2, I will stick to Huggies first [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Confinement, I drink both water and red date tea. Tea alone doesn't quench my thirst I feel. Switched on the aircon but at about 26 to 27 degrees. No fan. Bath daily with the herbs, wash hair alternate days [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Especially with the massage oil, cannot not bathe. Very yucky and smelly!

^^ Brand New Disney Car Seat for Sale ^^

Hi,

I have a brand new Disney Car seat to let go at 140.

Tag is still attached.

Do PM me if u are interested[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5883693.jpg]

actopse, what happen to GPLS?? Goodness I hv place deposit with them few months back? So does it mean we will not get our CL ?? Oh no, I don't hv anyone to help me leh. ML don't know much abt confinement, my own mum health is not too good. I can't sleep.. Reading this makes me even worse. I am now wide awake!

Happymomo, their licence revoked! And very obvious GPLS is covering up so as not to refund. Under law, they cannot:

1) continue business (even it's signed before it's revoked of licence).

2) their office now is a souvenir shop!

3) their company is defuct now!

4) if you sign during this year (jan 2011-Jul 2011) let MOM know.... They are already under investigation n not suppose to take in any newcase.

Lodge a complaint to Ministry of Manpower to get refund n look for alternatives....

luv,

your hubby very understanding. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yeah, i also hope i can carry baby till full term. can only cross my fingers.

ester, royal,

thanks. yeah lah, i try to take it with pinch of salt. in any case, neither of them are doing confinement for me so i guess it will be my own rules. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i won't be doing the 10km run though. hahaha. but the rest like keeping myself clean and happy and baby satisfied i will do or else i will go insane i think.

tamms,

thanks for the feedback. $15 still expensive. I will have to check out the rest of the diapers and do a simple division to see which brand cheaper. she got me a carton so i guess its $15 per pack. very thankful. i saw the New Born has 60 pcs, that means per pcs is 25cents!

leeoh,

i totally agree. if massage must bathe. if not even the mattress will have the smell for a long time and i wonder if baby can accept the herbs smell. i wont be doing herbs bath. just a quite shower and wash hair and blow dry. at least that is what i plan to do. those herbs not cheap and i don't have a proper tub to contain them too.

roxanne,

i study the menu of natal essentials. pork trotters i don't eat, then there is this dish called red chicken something. seems to be red chicken feet, i don't eat too. i will call them to ask if can exclude or switch if not wasted. i plan to do lunch only, once a day meal. some of my friends pool together to do part sponser. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] dinner i got many packets of mee sua. i will ask my hubby to cook for me if not i can cook myself. just add some frozen pork and mixed vegetables. should be ok lah.

Pofy,

I heard advice that babies ouotgrow diapers very fast too. frds advised me not to buy so many New Born diapers, cos we never know what size the baby would fit in when they are born. Our babies may be big and cant fit in new born within weeks of his birth. So, frds advise me to a small packets first to standby then see what baby size is when he is born, then get hubby to buy..either new born or S size.

Another way to get free diapers is log on to Huggies website.. (use as many emails as possible, same delivery address is ok) I did this and now have abt 10 diapers sent to me.;-)

Dryers website also can try...

Btw, I have some BN carter bibs..I bought extra. I would like to 2 pcs to you. Would you be interested? email me. [email protected]

Hello Royal,

Thanks, I got the bibs and hankies already. i just washed over this weekend (not sure if too early but i was washing the lot of clothes so i just dump everything into the washing machine). i went to the shop mummies recomended in bugis and chinatown and bought in bulk. Thank you for your kind and generous offer. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

diapers. sigh. yes, this will be my only pack of NB. The rest she bought all S size. Should be ok?

i saw NB can wear until 4 or 5 kg. i hope baby is good size, around 3kg should be ok??? if very big very difficult to give birth right? i ever visited a friend in hospital and the woman beside her bed gave birth to a 4.5kg by natural birth! i was very very impressed. must have hurt alot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] now i start to worry....

huggies and dryers? thanks for the recommendation. i will do that.

we can count down already? my edd has been shifted till 1st oct. gynae say may give birth end of sep. if so that means i only have to wait for another 1.5months. i am getting a little anxious and also worried. i wonder how his arrival will be. i worry water bag burst in office etc and i don't know how to handle. can toss and turn in bed thinking about all these.

hospital bag i have again delayed packing.

i don't have much maternity clothes. if i pack them in now, i will have no clothes to wear.. same for the bra. panties and pad i bought disposables so can just dump in. i guess i am only left with toiletries right? baby stuff i was told no need to pack.

Hi Pofy,

Dun mention. some diapers S size can be for NB too..just gauge by the weight. this is what I'm going to do too.

My EDD is 18 Oct, not sure will be early or not, am going to ask my Gynae when I see him next week. I cant wait, sleeping is so hard now, with the frequent toilet visits and now, my sore throat. I don't sleep well at all.

Dun worry abt being in office when your due is there..just call a cab and rush to Hosp. If u can, maybe take leave 3 days before ur actual due (if you cannot afford to go for longer leave).

You are not alone in your preparation. I am also very slow, I hv just washed 2nd batch of bb clothes last week..I still have another batch of baby clothes to wash this coming week. I hv not buy any toileteries or oilment like ru yi you etc for my baby too. My cot not collected and my baby room not cleaned up yet..etc etc. I hv not even pack my Hosp bag. I'll wait till end Sep then I pack..;-)

Err... i haven't even finished clearing my house yet, don't talk about preparation and packing hospital bag ;p Also have not washed baby clothes, just took out some of the old stuff from store room to check if can reuse. Planning to buy the stuff i need only nearer end Aug, and wash baby clothes in Sept.

What do we need for hospital bag? It has been so long that I forgot what needs to be packed. Only remembered toiletries, 2 sets of front-open clothes, and one set to wear home. Oh, and jacket for hubby very important cos' my hubby was freezing in the delivery room ;p

Not bringing diapers and milk powder cos' hospital will provide.

Royal,

Same as you. my baby cot not collected. Elders say can only collect end of Aug or in Sep. I have yet to collect and the seller gave me a measurement of mattress that is a playpen size according to the lady at the chinatown store so i cannot buy until i see the cot.

best of all the light in my room spoil. change bulb also no use but elders say cannot change light or do repair etc now so actually, i am using just a small side light in the room. hahaha. very romantic at night cos almost in semi darkness.

sore throat. try manuka honey or honey with lemon. manuka expensive but honey with lemon i tried. helps a bit.

sleeping at night tough. these days i feel i am lugging a big water melon, tough to turn in bed too.

i will work till i pop. just hope that all happen at home so that its easier. if not i wonder how? i can't be bringing hospital bag with me every day to work. if anything happens at work, that means have to get hubby to go home take then come hospital?? all the questions and no answers. scary.

leeoh,

i think just toiletries for ourselves but if don't bring also ok cos i heard hospital give toothbrush etc. facial wash we use only. handphone charger most important??? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

clothes, i intend to pack per your list, 2 sets of night wear and 1 day wear. all baby stuff given by hospital so i won't pack. so like not much hor? just toiletries, 2 sets of clothes and 1 set for day wear, underwear and bra, sanitary pads and hp charger. that should be it.

hosp bag..not a worry to bring to Hosp cos according to KKH list (for me, at least), Hosp bags and stuff would be needed after we give birth or are warded. by then our hubby can help to bring over when he visit us...

During labour time, will be at delivery suite so the bag would be of no use during that time.

Just make sure hubby bring a camera..take some precious moments during birth time.

hi mummies,

been feeling so awful still.. the back, buttock and thigh pain continues to plague me as i stand for long hours at work and was working both saturday and sunday. also, i can't take as much food at one sitting also as i feel nauseuous but still feel hungry often....

8 weeks seems like such a long time til my EDD! A lot of mummies also have done a lot in terms of prep.

my cot also only arriving end of this month and just washed one set of beddings and home clothes and towels.

my hubby not keen on the idea of CL as he said he'll still be doing all the housework so my mom just needs to cook and help with baby. i will respect his decision although i feel very anxious sometimes still.

also having very bad sleep, wake up every time i turn cos of big tummy and the frequent peeing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

and then i get insomnia and lie in bed for 1 hour plus doing nothing until alarm rings.

trying to be positive tho'!!! it's good to know we are all in the same boat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pofy > you may wanna leave a towel in ur office for in case, at least u got something to wrap or clean. Juz my suggestions..

Washing of bb clothing: think I'll only start washing in Sept coz now no drawer to keep bb's clothing.. My elder's drawer are all full.. :D

Mummies just relax you will know wat to do when the time comes.. I also have those thousand and one qns when I was with my first one.. Will go and read up and take note of the discharge.. Jia you.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am only packing hosp bag and washing baby clothes in Sept. That's cos I will be MOVING HOUSE at the end of this month! haha...

Happymomo I have already filed my case with CASE and they have assisted me to write to GPLS for refund with deadline this fri. If the refund does not come through we will bring it up to small claims tribunal.

In the meanwhile through help and recommendations have managed to source for CL and post natal massage lady..u need to take action quick

Hi every1 im new in this chat..

My name : Angie and my EDD is 07 Oct 2011 Gynae is Dr Benjamin Tham. Please update me in your table [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Mine is a baby boy

pofy, aiya now i regret making my poor hb sleep outside suddenly missed him alot. these pregnancy hormones are giving me alot of unnecessary mood swings [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

re: hospital bag and getting clothes ready for #2 i've not done it yet hopefully can do so by this weekend. cot bed has been in place for 2 years and it's so under-used. Elder boy is easing well in his revised sleep schedule in prep for my younger boy. apparently he likes classical music [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sleepless nights is a norm now. i try to take 30min power naps while my boy is napping on weekends or in the company bus to/from lunch on weekdays. hope this translate to more rest.

Royal, for sore throat i swear by pi pa gao and lots of water and rest.

Luv,

I have been taking Pi Pa gao to curb my sore throat too..but sad to say, cant take alot..due GD, but it's definitely getting better liao! Yippie..finally 1 hassle down for difficult sleep!

I just realised my feets has began to swell by night time. Not sure if it's bcos I walked too much or not..But come think of it, I never really walk alot ytd..

After alot of toilet time throughout the night, this morning, now my feet is back to normal le..

Hello mummies,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I was previously from Dec '11 MTB group.

I have a brand new set of Ameda Purely Yours breast pump (US set - w/o local warranty) to let go which I purchased earlier before my miscarriage. Now I have no use to it & would like to sell it off.

Interested mummies who like to take over, kindly please PM or email me at: [email protected] ya.

Thanks.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5896105.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5896106.jpg]

Thank you Luv [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If everything goes smoothly, i will deliver at TMC. What about you?

Hi mummies,

I'm doing my Doula course and for my certification I need to support two ladies thru their child birth. I'm a mum of two babies given birth naturally, first child without drugs so I know the experience of trying to go natural birth.

Would any mummies be willing to let me support you through your birth to achieve your perfect birth experience please PM me.. I will just have an angbao for my transport and helping you thru your perfect birth experience.i can be in the delivery room with your husband, so no worries about your husband not being able to attend your birth. Don't feel shy to approach me if you are a low income family. We can work something out :)

Hope to see your emails/PM soon.

Linda

More information about a doula and its benefits

http://transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/Doula/doulahome.htm

Dear admins, this is not really a advertisement, i just need to support mums thru their birth and i dont earn since the fee is covered for my transport only.

Actopse (actopse) & twinklewen (jejopeno)

We call the guy whom sign the contract with us, they say they are able to provide CL as per normal cos they have a new license leh.

luv,

nevermind lah. just endure a little longer and hubby will be back in bedroom. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Royal,

my feet also swell. like elephant feet. my doc ask me to drink more water. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hositpal bag. noted. i tot pack then easier. my hubby won't know what to pack for me. he might end up packing newspapers for me to read! that is what one of my friend's hubby did. He brought her magazines to read when she was in labour. said to distract her. she was in pain and screaming at him and poor chap, he fainted when the labour start cos of the blood. had to be "tai" out of the delivery suite. miss the labour but still get to cut the cord. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sweet guy.

winnie,

ok i will go check it out. just wondering how to use it. i have no bath tub only the baby bath tub and my toilet is very small. hahaha only has a bath cubicle. have to think about it before i buy the herbs. i don't want to buy then don't use. sigh.

tamms,

congrats. move to new house. just remember not to overstrain yourself unpacking. not to stand too long as well. take care! at least the house will be clean before baby arrives. my room super dusty. sigh. trying to clean up the room so that when baby arrive not dusty but there is dust everywhere!

esther,

towel is a supberb idea. i will go dig out an old one to put in the office altho i cross my finger i don't have to use it in the office. my office very little female, almost all are male. embarrassing lah if water bag break in office. i hope baby good boy, break water bag only during weekend at home. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] guess we can never plan what we don't know.

vivien,

last i recall, there was baby bellies, total holistic, jamumassage and something like originaljamu, rustic nirvana. these are some of the companies offering post natal.

pofy, then u going to which one?

I think i will try a trial from newbaby, since got the fbi discount..

I used natal essentials last time, cos it is near my house, i will get my meals very early.. 10am and 4pm... it is big portion, my husband sometimes will share with me... u can indicate the food u dun like.. i asked them not to gimme organs last time..

The red rice wine very nice leh, foo chow cuisine and it is very nourishing one... maybe u can ask if they can change to chicken rather than chicken feet?

Hello mummies,

I hope everyone here have a smooth delivery!

I am mother of 3 and all of them are breastfeed babies. I understand the stress of breastfeeding including worries about milk production.

I do dual breast pump rental in a reasonable price. You can choose to rent as low as one week.

Happy expressing and we all try our best for our babies!

Interested please pm me

Lol burst out laughing on hb giving magazine to wife during labour!! Asking for trouble!

2nd time mummies: usually which of the 3 signs occur most frequently? Gynae told me to watch out for intense frequent contractions, bleeding, water breaking.

For contraction said it's like mensus cramp n since I get backaches more than mensus cramp she said sign will be v bad backaches which is hard to pinpoint right.

Water breaking some say gentle drizzle, some say sudden gush?

My experience with water bag breaking is a small gush. Don't think need towel. I just put on a maxi pad and it managed to absorb most of the fluid without wetting the car seat. But that was only the first gush cos I reached the labour ward right after that. So not sure if it is sufficient to last the 30 mins car ride to hospital if the water breaks in office. Probably need to change pads.

Anyone having like stabbing movements below tummy, ard the front pubic area? Is it becuz bb head down already? It's rather disturbing.

Roxanne,

Maybe will be newbaby but not the packages with discount cos I may just take the 7 days (both meals) or 14 days (lunch or dinner). Cheaper and also more economical. after that I might just go for normal tingkat. at least i get some confinement food as i have never eaten before. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i won't trial cos i don't know if we can eat those herbs if that they give during confinement. i have all these years of my life never taken herbs so decided not to take the risk now.

i got another concern.

will you be going for natural birth with the Strep B issues?

i read somewhere natural birth not recommended if we have strep b even if we are given antibiotics drip during the birth process. somewhere in the forum a mummy posted her bad experience and her baby went through alot of suffering in the NICU.

gilera,

i thought it was sweet of him. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Man! he actually thought reading magazines and newspaper articles will help distract his wife lah. in the end poor chap still fainted. haiz. this story till today we all still talked about it when we meet up. His daughter already 5 years old. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i was laughing at the magazine part too. I think i will be fuming, although thats very sweet of him.. haha. I think i will scream at him "i m in pain n u expect me to read magazine"

if hubby faint, dunno i should be worried for him or concentrate on giving birth.

experienced mummies, does increase in frequency in braxton hicks contractions mean labour is nearing?

Back