(2011/10) Oct 2011

Gd afternoon mummies!

Royal, I too got the GD so restricted myself to 1 spoon per day. Rest of the time it's mainly water. Glad to know you are alright now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Feet swelling is v common cos of our watermelon tummies adding pressure to our legs. It's good to walk as a form of exercise esp nw we've GD, drink lots of water and go ez on salt intake. I've been doing these n so far not much swelling feet n no med to ctrl this GD [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

U r welcome Luck, yup I'm also with TMC for my 2nd boy. This is your #1, #2 or...?

pofy, yup hope his snoring prob will b resolved.

creamdonut, I think I bought 3 bottles of cord spirit at TMC pharmacy cos it took quite awhile for the cord to fall out. It's quite a small bottle. Maybe $5 each if I not wrong.

gilera, I experienced the same thing. So far head is still down. N thought of it as 1 of those preg quirks ;)

Pofy - lox..cant help but laughed at the Magazine 'drama" of your frd's hubby..So sweet but wrong timing for the wife..:)

Luv - Yup, right now, controlling diet..no moon cakes, no hagen daz, no Durians, only normal healthy food with occasional indulgence..;-) so far so good for me. let's Jia you!

btw, anyone experience strong urge to pee when get up from sitting position? I always get that..so irritating..then go pee..it's always less than a table spoon kind of a volume. I feel bb is pressing my bladder pretty hard...

Hi Royal, i know have to control diet.. but i really craving for Home Favourites Durian mooncakes... so delicious... been thinking of it every nite... :p oh no thinking of mooncakes, my saliva is dripping

Hi Luv, it is my 2nd child (boy), 1st one is a girl and she is 6yrs old. I was thinking no more chance to have second one since so long been trying and no news, and had given up... then had given away my baby stuffs and suddenly pregnant again..

Haiz, forgotten how to take care baby already :p duno can manage or not... very stress and my girl going to P1 next year.. so stressful and my baby in tummy very active... kicking me hard and frequently... so tiring... at night can't sleep too...

Daytime always fall asleep at office... always felt sleepy in office...

Royal, i'm also craving for mooncakes and durians since they are now in season! :p 1 tiny bit of haagen dazs once in a v blue moon won't kill us. i'd a bit of kueh lapis after i passed the 2-hour post lunch and failed my dinner by a little bit :p

creamdonut, my hb wants the cord to fall out quickly so he applied like nobody's biz heehee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i seriously can't remember whether they are the same size. next Monday i'll be seeing gynae and will drop by see the size and how much they are selling. keep you posted~

Luck, i thought the longer the gap the better. after all your gal is so independent now. we've a fellow mummy her #1 is now 5yo and she taking care of him seems so easy. my #1 will be 2.5yo when #2 is born and he's still quite clingy to me at times. try to rest well, take power naps in the office and sleep earlier. i think once your #2 is born your maternal instincts will kick in and you'd know what to do. reading about parenting helps too, though i'd think there is no right or wrong way since all kids are different.

anymore updates do PM me ya!

for those who likes to join FB secret group. do PM me too...

Hey creamdonut,

how are u? how's ur check up with Dr Ben? my next check up is 35wks on 3rd Sept! he will do the GBS test for me by then.

Luv and luck, I drool whenever I walk pass the bakery shop too..hahaha..very bad..but no choice..cant eat..so i just see also happy.

Luv - last night I had fried Oyster and Cheng Teng dessert..Failed my level as well..Sigh..very depressing when I test and see the level so high like 10...where ideal shld be 7. :-( My mood just go totally down the drain..

I wish some1 could just bake me a mooncake with totally no sugar..:)

Hello mummies,

Calculation of maternity leave.

I read up link given by Roxanne to the MOM Website.

Mummies can help to see if I calculate correctly. The MOM website should have an application to help us count Maternity Leave entitlement. hahaha.

Example : Delivery of baby on 27 Sep 2011 and taking 16 weeks all at one go.

First block of 8 weeks will end on 21/11/2011.

Includes all saturdays, sundays and public holidays, which also means we lose 2 days for Deepavali in Oct and Hari Raya Haji in Nov.

Second block of 8 weeks (consisting of working days only) will end on 18/01/2012.

We will not lose the public holiday on Christmas and New Year.

Therefore I should report back to work on 19/1/2012.

luv,

i realise man snores alot. try to get your hubby to sleep on his sides instead of on his back. I read its suppose to help.

Royal, luv,

wah all these talk on durians and mooncakes is killing me. i love mooncakes. i can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner and still don't get sick of them. sigh. this time round i guess we all have to control. its filled with tons of sugar. durian snowskin mooncakes is one of my favourites. drooling as i think about it.

Luck,

Welcome!

You can try the 717 durian mooncakes too. its yummy too. Home favorites i also like. and of cos goodwood park. sigh.

winter bluey,

man can think very wierdly at times. we also wonder why he would think reading to his wife at the moment when she is in so much pain and discomfort can calm him. my friend said back then, she screamed at him and wanted to punch him! She was brave, only use laughing gas, no epi. so i can imagine the pain and how much she wanted to punch him while he was reading away! Man can be so funny at times!

Pofy > from my understanding when water bag burst the water will keep flowing out but still think it depends on individual.. Don't think too much.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Last time during my first confinement, my CL will actually boil the herb in a pot until it makes up abt 2 pail of water then she will move it into the bathroom for me to shower. You may wanna consider but u will need help coz we are not allowed to carry heavy things.

Gilera > my own definition of contractions is 10x more than mensus cramp. And my pain tolerance is low. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Minidiary > thank you for the update.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ok I can see all those mooncakes appearing.. Hahaha.. And guess wat I discussed with hubby and he allows me to order 717 durian mooncake (not trying to tempt any mummies). I'm just gonna whack a few down, really can't stand the temptation and it's once a year thing and furthermore I have to give up on raffles hotel champagne mooncake.

Pofy > ya, man can be funny at times. When I was in the labour ward (delivering my elder one), my hubby was watching HBO(TMC delivery room has TV) and monitoring the machine to inform me the contraction is coming asking me to get ready to scream.

Luv > has your hubby tried the "breath right" (the advertisement from the tv)? Not really sure whether it works but think can try..

Wanted to ask you, how are you cooping with your elder one? Will he be clingy to you and keep asking you to carry?

creamdonut,

ya i got the admission slip too! the pink sheet right? see those thing to on the sheet also scare scare..like getting nearer aredi! GBS test, he will do a swab at the vagina to check got strep B infection or not.. u can goggle on it. He told me he will do it at 35wks. When's ur next appt?

Hi mummies,

I am looking for good part-time to help cleaning up my house at sbw after I deliver. Does any one have any local aunties to recommend?

Mummies from FB secret group can ignore my request since I have posted on FB group too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies

I am worried. Gynae says my girl is on the small size - only about 1.7kg at 31 weeks 3 days. Although she says still within ok range, I can't help but worry since my #1 also stopped growing at 38 weeks (that's why we induce early). Was wondering if there is something wrong with my placenta [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Also, my placenta is still low so might have to go for C-section if it still doesn't move soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

leeoh, my boy is also 1.7kg at 31w4d. Gynae told me it's the normal range wor.. Nothing to worry about. Gynae estimated that he'll be around 3.2kg at full term. I think that's alright.

blessedmummytobe, I don't have stretchmarks yet. But I apply Elancyl cream in the morning and Clarins oil at night. I read that keeping our skin moisturized will prevent itches.

hi mummies,

going for my growth scan this afternoon. 2 more hours before i can leave from my workplace! i am excited to know what her estimated birth weight will be. but just to assure mummies, a lot of my colleagues said their estimated birth weight can be off by 500-800gm!

had 2 times diarrhoea yesterday and tummy feeling a bit funny still today. dunno why my intestines have so much wind.....

i apply moisturiser that contains cocoa butter and sweet almond oil twice a day and that has prevented itchiness and stretch marks so far. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

baby is kicking a lot, i think she is excited for the scan too.

take care mummies

good morning mummies!

Royal, my ideal is 6.7 but doc says 7 also can he told me not to kill myself seeing these fig. 1 time I got 9.5 after eating plain, boring yong tau foo but with egg and freaked out thinking I need insulin but thk goodness doc said the rest of results appear v gd mostly at 5-6. So u dun have to restrict urself so much if all the while ur readings r good.

pofy/esther, it's no use he's been constantly sleeping on his side. Have tried many stripes of breathe right wif me using ear plugs. I've boiled teas n bought the blackmore capsules which supposedly aid in relaxing his body but all are ineffective. I dare not try sleeping pills.

My last hope is a sleep study to detect the root cause but he's unwilling. So it's separate sleeping rooms for now. Yday nite my elder boy woke up screaming after both of us heard his lion-like snores n I brought him outside. We all slept well thk goodness.

Re: pink slip I got it too! This pregnancy is finally drawing to a close [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

blessedmummytobe, I've stretchmarks all around my thighs n tummy despite applying the stretchmark cream diligently the last time. U r not alone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummycoccyx, best wishes for your growth scan! Ur gal's kicking means she's most likely a v healthy bb.

hi tabbyz and leeoh, my baby boy was 1.8-2kg at week 32 and Dr Ben Tham said baby too big, i might have diabetes so during my last visit(32wks), he asked me to return the next day morning for the Glucose test.. waste my $$ as tested negative :p

When the nurse brought my appointment to the lab guy, he complained that he already have 5 patients that morning and why the Gynae still keep sending more patients??? Think the gynaes are all short of $$$ so keep sending us for test...??

Took 4 times of my blood samples in 2 days... sian... the nurse said i got lots of blood during the 1st test result so they keep taking??? lol...

Hi Pofy, thank you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] is 717 and goodwood park durian mooncakes really delicious too? Never tried b4... but i love the Home Favourites.. Which u think the best?

Hi Royal, bear with it.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] no choice... few more weeks to go! Jiayou!!!

Try make ur own mooncake la [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now i m simply very lazy, hate to move much... :p

Hi Luv, my hubby is 43, he think he is too old to have a baby now.. so he is not very keen.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but luckily is a boy.. at least cheer him a bit..

My gal not so independent leh, very sticky and clingy to me and naughty...

Starting she say she will help me change diaper if a gal, (she say she want a meimei) but since now is a boy, she say shame shame wait see didi's "PXXXX"

haiz.. I really can't imagine so young, they know all these...

Hopefully my maternal instincts will kick in and I know what to do. :p really worried.. very lazy this time to read about parenting, always feel tired and sleepy..

And had also some other personnal issues to settle at the same time... so very frustrated and my girl got lots of homework from her childcare... and she dun really listen to me.. very sian to teach her at times..

Hubby also have different parenting mind... so sometimes quarrel.. he also not keen in helping out with housework and my girl's homework... He just watch tv after bath and dinner..

Luckily just got a maid to help out with housework but she very forgetful... dunno she can cope when baby come out... she dun have experiences with less than 6 mths baby.

Hi minidiary, i also see Dr Ben Tham but he never mentioned GBS test on week 35.. which is my next visit too... strange.. but received the pink admission slip on my wk 32 visit.

I been taking medicines since wk 29 as Dr found a "funnel" on my cervix and he worried that it will caused my cervix to open earlier and might have premature baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

so stress...

And i had to continue the medicines(so expensive) until week 35 as he said week 35 onwards, it will be alright to deliver... now praying hard.. hope all went smoothly..

hi Pofy

I was just reading thru the forum when i came across your post on maternity leave. I used to be in HR, so it caught my eye... Sorry for being a kaypoh here....just wanted to clarify abt ML..

While it's true that the 2nd block of 8 wks consists of working days only, it's only applicable if you are taking the 2nd block flexibly over max. of 12 mths. If you intend to take all 16 wks at one go, it must be taken as a continuous block of 8 wks after the 1st block of 8 wks which incl all your wkends & PH. You may wish to refer here for details:

http://fcd.ecitizen.gov.sg/ProFamilyLeaveScheme/GovernmentPaidMaternityLeave/

Do check with your HR on their policy of the remaining 8 weeks. Coz some companies do not allow flexible 1-2 days of ML per wk and insist on weekly block of ML, some allow 1/2 day ML everyday till 40 working days are cleared.

Hi BlessedMummyToBe, I do have stretch marks and i am not diligent type of ppl to apply creams.. feel sticky and itchy.. so i usually do without it.. I dun bother much with that..

I asked a skin doctor before at NSC, she said there are no creams or gel that can really prevent stretchmarks... it depends your genes and skins ... but dunno is true or not...

just to check..Is there any paternity leave for fathers to be upon birth of his child? I tried to search website..but could not find anything..

Just to check..

Do Fathers have leave entitlement like paternity leave for the Birth of his child too?

I tried to search the MOm website, but did not come across anything on Father's leave entitlement. Can any advise? Thanks.

hi Royal

Paternity leave not compulsory, that's why can't find on MOM. It depends on the company policy. Some companies give 2-3 days of paternity leave. Some dun have at all.

Hello ChanPL,

Thanks. First time claiming so not sure and my company has no HR. So i am lost.

I read the link you pointed to and I recalculated. I think i am confused.

If take 16 weeks straight and a woman deliver on 27 Sep 2011, its the same leh. I counted. That means her maternity leave will end on 16/1/2012 and she needs to report to work on 17/1/2012.

Can you help me. My company has no HR and my boss not following up so I am on my own.

I want to make sure what i do is legally correct.

hi pofy, your recalculation is correct. Means if u started your ML on 27/9 and take 16 wks continuously, your ML ends on 16/1/2012 and you've to report back on 17/1. But during that period if got PH, you "lugi" lor..

ML can be taken 4 wks before delivery, so if you wish to rest a few days before EDD can start ML earlier. Some mums at my company take 12 wks continous, then remaining 4 wks (20 wkg days) take flexible coz sometimes need to bring bb for check-up etc.

Your side no HR & boss no follow up good leh. You can plan your ML according to how it suits you best. I had a mum who had very flexible work arrangement for her remaining 8 wks. Some wks work 1-2 days, sometimes daily 1/2 day. Coz got 1 year from date of delivery to clear the 8 wks.

Hello MTB

Jus now I was at a food court taking my lunch. I overheard two middle aged ladies whom share my table, talk about a pregnant lady in their company whom was asked to leave, reason given was there is no more project. I think this is jus an excuse. They even mentioned about this lady talking about this lady taking hospitalization leaves for doctor's visit. Goodness, I wonder if one fine day I will end up in an organisation like this.

Hello MTB

Jus now I was at a food court taking my lunch. I overheard two middle aged ladies whom share my table, talk about a pregnant lady in their company whom was asked to leave, reason given was there is no more project. I think this is jus an excuse. They even mentioned about this lady talking about this lady taking hospitalization leaves for doctor's visit. Goodness, I wonder if one fine day I will end up in an organisation like this.

esther, my elder boy thankfully is only clingy to me during bath, bedtime, housework and music session cos he's already used to me putting him through that. For my hb he expects computer, tv (though he doesn't watch much), going to the playground and reading when we are at home.

I hope we can keep up with this after my younger boy is born if not I'd just be the lazy mummy and tandem feed both boys while lazing at the tv :p

He has never had the habit of being carried by me since he was a newborn though i sarong him only when we were outside until the day I found out I was pregnant. But he expects my FIL to carry him tho cos he's been doing so every single time we meet.

Luck, men are like this. I asked mine to help out a bit more but he kept saying I'm a nag [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So I leave him alone to whatever he wants to do and he gives me pleasant surprises from time to time. It's been more regular lately ever since I started giving him lovey-dovey SMS while he's at work. U may want to do the same thing?

Bbs <6 mths old aren't that difficult to care for since they aren't mobile yet. I recommend this website www.babycenter.com as they give a weekly update on how our bbs grow and what we can do to hone their development. I've no exp with maids but I believe they should be given time to learn and we should be patient. If all else fails, there's always another maid for standby.

thanks Luv, ya,.. i know men always like tat... but he is very MCP type of person so dun appreciate lovely-dovey sms(tried b4, say i bo liao...), he always do what he like and just want me leave him alone..

He never give me surprise la.. my birthday no cake, no present too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

but maid's birthday, he even key into his calendar and ask me get cake.. see la.. double standard, so upset...

most angry is he listen to his frds only.. even his frds and me say the same thing, he will only do when his frds tell him to do so, he always do opposite what i ask him to do..

I gave up liao... sian to talk to him.. lol.. so i just go facebook or watch TV shows.. he watch his shows in the room, i watch mine in the living room...

ya i know... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thank you Davian.. very difficult to find loving n caring man.. singapore men mostly are MCP.. lol

Luck, you are not alone..Sometimes we need to lower our expectations on our man..else our blood vessels would hv burst long time ago.. tell yourself..if he can think like you, he would hv been a woman..:)

my hubby is 43 this year too. He also find lovey dovy msgs bo liao and I must ask then will get his precious 'I love u' out of his mouth. Worse still, I ever receive plastic flowers from him cos he said last longer and next year can use again! I nearly fainted..dun noe to luff or cry! From then on, every BDae that comes, I have to keep reminding him no more plastic flowers cos those are for dead people!

I only get 1 stalk of flower during my BDae. I don't remember receive a bouquet of flowers that cost him more than 15 bucks!

He never celebrate BDaes, don't even remember his own mother's Bdae. All this is because his family upbringing; they never practise BDae celebrations or other celebrations except CNY!

but still, we choose our own hubby right? make do with it and we compensate by treat ourselves better.

Luck

childcare has homework to do for K2? mine elder also going Pri 1 next year. So far only spelling & ting xie every week. btw Registration for Pri 1 was crazy this year. are you in the kiasu parents website also?

Luck, totally agreed. That y we need to treat ourself better. If we dun love ourself who will...Haizzzzz How old is ur kid? I had a 20mth old boy (picky eater).....Staying @ sembawang. Anyone staying near me? Anyone can share some advise with me regarding picky eater?????

Hi Royal, ya .. i already can't be bothered with him... i fully occupied by my facebook, tv show and my girl... :p

at least u get plastic flower... and a stalk of flower every year.. i only got the hand bouquet flower during our ROM... and that all..

My hubby worst i think , he dun celebrate any festival.. only with me at least now he buy some CNY deco during CNY...

Ya loh.. wrong choice.. hoho.. so must compensate myself... u r right. Yipee...

I buying Durian Mooncakes to compensate myself... kekeke...

hahhah luck u know how to make urself happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thumb up!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Winnie, yes.. lots of homework.

Every Monday: Spelling & Dictation

Every Thursday: Chinese Spelling / Dictation & Han Yu Pin Yin

Then got Grammer, English homework (Write words x 3) , Mathematics homework, Chinese characters homework.. Piles of homework.. so stressful

Yes.. this year is crazy! In the end, i put my girl in my primary school although is far.. but quite a good school and she want to be with her cousin gg to P1 too in the same school..

At first thought put her at Hong Wen Pri(near boon keng mrt station) but 1 seat - 2 kids fight for it.. i gave up.. as i dun have lucky draw luck.. so decided just stay put with my Pri school..

Hi Davian, Mine is 6 yrs old.. next year gg P1..

i stay at Potong Pasir now.. not near [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

fussy eater.. then u have to be creative loh.. heard u can try making the meals into cute cartoons or shapes to increase their interest..

Hi Davian, what to do,... made wrong choice liao.. so must compensate myself.. sad/angry also have to bear so might as well enjoy ourselves :p

Thinking of the mooncakes, my saliva is dripping...hoho...

My gal also love durian mooncakes... so we gg to have a "feast"

Mummy Davian, How about make the food looks yummy? by being creative?

You buy those cute cuter molds from Daiso and cut your sandwiches into these shapes...use some creaitivity to add colours to the dishes.How abt getting them make some of the snacks themselves?

for example spread rice onto plate, make a garden out of it..use green veg as stalk and leaves, carrots cut into flower shapes, act as flower, japanese fish cakes (those cute cute bears pictures type) act as little bears in the garden and ommelette eggs as the sun??

perhaps u can surf the web for ideas on creative bento making..try doing them..:)

Luv > that's a very good practice for your boy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Is your boy attending any pre-school?

Luck > men are simply just so insensitive.. As wat other mummies say pamper ourselves.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Luck

WOH! So much homework from childcare.

P1 registration - all school within 1km need ballot under 2C, so no choice go for the nearest school-75 pax fighting for 22 seats. luckily got it.

hb say preg lady got luck(don't know how true)

Luck, good to know you are enjoying time with your daughter! i like it when a friend once shared this, "you choose your love, you love your choice"... huh childcare already got so much homework??? i hope my elder boy can cope! he isn't talking much yet though he loves to go to CC.

davian, is your boy not drinking milk? mine totally hates his milk until 1d1r in this thread suggested meiji milk. now he loves his daily bottle of chocolate milk. he doesn't love his veggies and fruits too so i boil soup for him and my MIL gives him oranges and pears. he gets 2 teaspoons of scotts cod liver oil daily hopefully that's enough for his vit/minerals intake. we don't force him if he refuses to eat but i notice a hungry boy is an obedient boy.

esther, thanks learnt all these from reading books and surfing internet cos 1st time mummy mah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] he's now attending full-day childcare after i got preg. before he was on 3-hour playgroup when he turned 18mo.

Hi luv, My boy always dun want milk/porridge. Maybe is becos he dun eat enough in the first half of the day so dinner he eats more. 5+ he can finish half to 3/4 bowl of porridge. 7+ can eat a pack of snack. 8.30 can drink ard 150ml milk. 11+ drink ard 150ml (last feed). Then sleep until 7+ next morning. By 8 then he start drink 100ml milk.

Btw when did u start giving meiji milk? My boy only like broccoli. I am giving him mulit-vitamin every morning.... but he very skinny... even the teacher also said he very skinny....haizzz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back