(2011/10) Oct 2011

winny

aiyoh which hospital did she go to? That's not very nice to be shaved, I hate the feeling and so itchy afterwards! It's not standard procedure to be shaved though. You can tell the nurse you prefer not to be shaved. Actually sometimes the nurses and midwives do strange and unnecessary things. My friend who delivered in US had a mid wife insert her hand into her vigorously massaging the inside to try to stretch her open! She was sore and swollen for weeks. Her doctor told her she should have told the midwife to stop. Guess as a first time mom she trusted that the midwife knew what she was doing and did not question the lady.

Hi gilera, haha no need to scare yourself lah. When your time comes, you will definitely survive [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Well, here's my fairly straight forward birth story. Went back to clinic at 9am the next morning. Nurse inserted a pill to induce labour and strapped on the machine to monitor baby's heartbeat. Gynae came in to check about 11am. 0.5cm dilation! which is as good as nothing so sent out to walk walk.

Off we went to Taka for lunch and to check out baby fair. Slight contractions started during lunch but i managed to tahan and shop for a baby rocking chair somemore hehee. Went back to clinic but still not much progress in dilation [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Was about to go home to wait after the clinic closed at 6pm. Just as I got into my car, I felt my waterbag broke (luckily haven't started driving). Waddled back to TMC labour ward. Contractions became stronger after the water bag broke but dilation only 1.5cm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Gynae dropped by to check and told me that judging by my rate of dilation, at least another 10hours. So i figure, no point suffering through another 10hrs so decided on epidural there and then.

The anesthetist came and did his thing at about 9pm. After that I could have my dinner, watch cable tv and even took a nap :p I had slight shivering as a result of the epidural but overall was ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The nurses would come in periodically to check and I was put on drip which would fasten the contractions. And finally at before 5am, the nurse declared 10cm! They called my gynae and she came in 530am, just in time to catch the baby, cut the cord and sew up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies who have given birth in TMC via natural birth, did they shave you? I didn't remember them shaving me.

Gilera, the injection itself not really painful. It is the anticipation that is scary. When the doctor does the cold swap on your spine aiyoh.. Thinking of it still makes my hairs stand. And cannot move somemore..

Oh I didn't feel any urge to push. So I just exert pressure in the general direction hee.. But it worked cos baby came out rather smoothly with no need for forceps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Heard of mummies who didn't use epidural and towards the end was so exhausted that the doctor has to use forceps.

So if you know your dilation is slow like mine, might want to consider epi.

Hello mummies...

Yesterday went checkup. Baby's wt is 1.5kg at 29 weeks. Checked with gynae whether can go for natural, but due to my first one was c-section and is only 2yrs apart so gynae said better to opt for c-section scared of wound rupture causing internal bleeding.. There goes my chance of having natural.

Leeoh > I was previously from TMC but before that I shaved myself. But I think TMC will help to shave coz the nurse was asking me "you shave yourself already?" giving me that kind of 'she got no chance to shave look'.

Tabbyz: hey thks. Need to find out more details from u but can't send personal msg to u. Can you PM me? Yeah GPLS also told me they are full.

Leeoh

ur exp sounds v good. Hope mine also smooth without such long wait..... I will take epi early in case too late. Next wk will hv checkup at 32 wk.

Hi sweetsnow,

Diff gynae have diff practice. Some does provide emergency hotline number and some don't. So best to check with your gynae or the nurse at the clinic for advise.

Hi

Long time have not post ! My baby will be a boy and edd is 26oct 2011.

But my tummy is really big now, pp all thinking I am going to pop anytime soon ! Lol....

photo submission for "Show us your bump n WIN" photo contest starts today. Email your photo to: [email protected] we will reply with a confirmation and link for you to share with your friends and get them to vote for you. 3 lucky mommies will walk away with Luvable Friends 5 pc bedding set worth $115 (1st Prize), 16pc Gift Set worth $55.90 (2nd Prize) and 7 pc Gift Set worth $32.90 (3rd Prize). For rules and guidelines, check out the details on our album. Good Luck mommies....^.^

Hi leeoh,

This is your first pregancy ? Then maybe you are carrying your baby snuggly. Unlike me, 2nd pregnancy so tummy already loose.... But it is very uncomfortable for me.

No leh, my second. First one also small but it was a boy so very 'sharp'. From my back cannot tell I am pregnant. This one is a girl so more rounded but abit flatter so can't tell I am coming to 8 months.

I'm going thru the list of things to pack to the hospital and I dun quite understand why we need to pack night dresses/robes n shower essentials.

Don't hospital provide the hospital gowns? N why need shower essentials? How many times will u shower during ur stay? Can we shower after birth?

I hear Ppl say we r not to touch water after birth like washing hands. Then brush teeth how?

Hi esther, do you still have contacts for the beansprout pillow? Can share please? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks a mil!

My gynae told me to prepare for a Sep baby instead of an Oct baby now. Cos my boy's too big (1.964kg at week 30) for me (who's too small) to carry till week 40. So will need to monitor and see how he is at week 36. Then might need to induce. She also told me to prep for c-section. But I really wanna go natural. *sighs*

My CL can only make it end Sep. If I deliver earlier, what should I do? Any mummies with this experience before? TIA! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Leeoh

Both mine are boy. First one i give birth at week 36-37. this time round, also boy... My colleague say from behind cannot tell i preggy but the tummy is huge... So i will ask gynae when i see him next week at week 30 loh....

I actually have a feeling that i will pop in Sept...

Hi actopse,

thanks for the heads up about GPLS. I've actually booked my confinement nanny with them! Horror.

Have u tried calling them? What did they say?

Hi jojobar, sept is very soon wor! Are you excited? I haven't bought much of my stuff, waiting for 8 months before buying. Now decluttering my house part by part.

Hi twinkle, I read that someone bought over GPL confinement and they will continue with their commitments. You check out one of the threads here on confinement agencies. Sorry I forgot the name of the thread.

Hi jojobar, we have the same edd on 26 oct! Stomach starting to have growth spurts big and heavier

Hi leeoh & actopse, my husband just called up gpls and the guy was super rude to him! He said that they have a change in mgmt but will still continue to provide their confinement service. When my husband asked him abt about their license being revoked, he started being defensive and said that they are providing a solution y are we focusing on the problem. When we asked for the new owners contact details, he said we shld just refer back to the source where we heard this news from (i.e. Actopse) which is absurd!

Like what actopse said, we would just like to find out where do we go from here..and we as paying customers should be informed first hand and not refer to other sources.

So in the end, he told my husband he cannot give the new owners no. to him and if he wants go to their website to fill up their enquiry sheet or send them a lawyers letter if we are not happy. Just hung up the phone like that w/o saying bye.

Gosh..have a feeling I'm gonna have some prob with this CL thing..and I tot I had one item checked off my list!

Hi Mummies,

Long time no post.. Any one has lobang for post natal massage? I remembered that there was a promotion earlier on some javaness massage package.. Can share more on the contact?

My Edd is 2 oct so I also think I will be a Sept mum.

Didn't manage to set up bb room during past long wkend. Eat a waste!

Wow! The thread is still so active sia!!!

I'm soooo busy today.... like wanna die liao. My brain juice is all dried up. I can't think anymore...

so how - hv u gals settled with the CL company issue?

tomorrow going check up at wk 32. what should we be asking gynae at this stage and what should i be doing? dun feel like getting her pre-vitamins... cant i just take my own multi vits?

BB weight at wk 32 suppose to be ard 2kg? my tummy's stretch marks are like a discus fish, even when i use oils and creams... didnt help save me from them...

my replacement coming on monday so have tons to explain and handover and teach. wish the newbies can just download all info so i dun have to talk. feel very breathless if explain & explain so much.

then when maid comes have to teach at home stuff too. oh dear. i hope i can control my patience because i get annoyed very easily.

gilera, i also visiting my gynea tmr.. wat time is ya app? maybe u can chk with ya gynea whether u can continue on ya own multi-vits?

Hi Oct MTB,

I'm actually from the Sep MTB forum. Was wondering if anyone is looking for a CL from late Sep to Oct. I would like to recommend my CL. She's a good cook, and very responsible person. She's hygenic and cleans up the kitchen after she cooks. She's very experienced with babies too.

I was supposed to engage her for Sep-Oct, but i gave birth prematurely and engaged her in June. She definitely was great help to me and my HB as we are first time parents and dun even know how to operate the pump and steriliser, but she was there to help and advise. Her confinement dishes has a great variety, not boring type. She cares alot about the mothers and the baby

Bcos of me, she has no job for late Sep to Oct, thus i want to recommend her for a job.

If anyone is keen, pls PM me. Thanks!

My appt ard noon later.

Lol! Maybe all e mummies go holiday? Dats y here so quiet liao or all v prepared so nothing to chat abt.

Sleeping seems to get diff now again. The tummy butt area so heavy to turn on sides. Afternoons at work also v sleepy.

Later will ask Gynae see when Rec to start ML

morning everyone...

ya here had become rather quiet liao.

Dun say abt afternoon at work is sleepy.. now i am already feeling sleepy liao.

So low morale at work.. *yawnz*

hi mummies, anyone has both a confinement lady plus mother taking care? not sure whether will clash and whether mother will be offended i engaged confinement lady... still deciding....

i keep waking up at night too. but i fall asleep soon after.. hehe.. but when i wake up, i feel like i nv sleep at all.

now in 32 weeks, next gynae visit in 3 weeks time. i thot after 32 weeks, is biweekly visit?

Twinklewen,

I've called up MOM to check. Apparently, this brand 'GPLS' will or had to be ceased even a new person or company take over! Pls make necessary arrangement e.g engaging confinement tingkat....

Pls complaint to Ministry of Manpower

roxanne,

Thanks for the heads up on natal essentials and newbaby. I will need to call newbaby because for the TMC FBI card there is discount of 20% and 15% for difference menus. Just that I don't know which menu.

After I check then have to see who is cheaper. But i did do some research. There are mummies from the other threads earlier on who engaged natal essentials and they say the portions big enough for 2. If so, it will be easier for me so that I don't have to worry about my hubby's meals when he is at home helping me for the 1st 2 weeks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i have one question though. can we eat those herbs in confinement food and breastfeed still? it will be ok for baby?

luv,

aiyoh please still visit the forum. i don't have facebook as my boss don't allow. he block off many things like facebook and many other sites on the internet so cannot go to such sites.

A friend of mine gifted me with diapers from nepia. I requested for more practical gift instead of clothes and she sent me 4 packets. Very happy and thankful. At least save some money and I don't have to go ntuc to lug all the diapers home. She said its a good brand and good to use and price quite reasonable. Any mummies tried? can last through the night?

gilera,

i can't sleep well these days and yes tired all the time in the office.

my tummy is very big. bigger than a water melon. so at night when sleep very difficult to turn and cannot sleep on my back.

conniemummy,

i think most of the mummies have gone for jamumassage as there was a buddy program.

pofy, I got login forum everyday just that I dun really update lah cos this diabetes that have caught up with me and controlled diet I've had for at least 3 weeks now are making my muscles weak. This is confirmed by my gynae during last visit. I'm prepared for a repeat c-section though he said I can try natural. Not forgetting the night wakings no thks to my hb snoring but now thk God he more understanding when he sees my tummy ballooning like a watermelon.

You too must jiayou ML is coming v v soon! Do claim the full 16 weeks then come back show face a bit then throw letter! There r plenty of accounts/admin jobs out there! I've not tried nepia diapers though some of my friends swear by petpet diapers. Of course the best is cloth nappies. I regretted not using them due to difficult reasons now my boy isn't remotely toilet trained and has developed a habit of shee shee in his bathtub instead of potty!!!

luv,

thanks. i just want to keep baby in tummy until full term and i pray everyday that baby is well and healthy. because of the medication i eat, he is not active at all. i can cough so hard till i leak pee and doc can shake and push at my tummy for long periods but he just continue to sleep. sometimes i also worry.

I intend to claim the full 16 weeks. I have decided not to think so much about the job. just concentrate on these 1.5 to 2 months to make sure baby is fine and after baby is out take good care of him and family and then decide what to do aftr 16 weeks. if got job good, if no job then i will just look for another one. family come first although i have to admint, need money too. hahaha. after these 4 packs of nepia, i will try pet pet since good reviews and i should think its cheaper. i am waiting for ntuc to have diaper sales but so far every week i flip the papers also no sales. not even the ntuc brand. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

winnie,

thank you for the feedback. i hope my baby will not get spoilt and only can use this brand since its more expensive. I didn't ask her but she got it delivered to my house. It came in a nice carton of 4 packets. I thank her for her generous gift.

roxanne,

i called the newbaby confinement food.

20% is for package 1 only and 15% is for package 2 and 3 if got FBI card. However, I can't seem to access their website to check out the package!

luv,

i forgot to add. you must take care too. natural or c-section just leave it to fate. we cannot control. what is important is baby arrive safe and healthy.

good to know your hubby is more understanding.

my hubby also snore, loudly like piggy.

it can be very frustrating especially when i can't sleep. i feel like using the pillow to knock him! ha. but i think he won't feel it too as he is a super sound sleeper.

the last time i had craving for the kimchi ramen after midnite, i woke him up to help cook, he told me too tired!

jiayou too. just 2 more months of controlled diet and little baby will arrive. I just went TMC and saw the babies at the ward. very sweet and all sleeping soundly. so sweet. all worth it.

jiayou all mummies! we are almost there!

pinkmeowmeow > I got the beansprout pillow from this seller,

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5512343.html?1313039333

mummycoccyx > somehow or another definitely will have abit of clashes becoz everybody's way of taking care the baby will be different. Our mum may not accept the way the CL handle the baby, may think CL is not careful enough, not gentle enough.

luv > ur gynae allows you try for natural, how long is your gap? my gynae does not even allow me to try for natural.

Hospital Bag > I have not even start packing my hospital bag yet. I feel that this time round I abit more relax coz c-section. No need to wait for any discharge then rush to hospital.

Me too also have trouble sleeping in the nite, turning and tossing throughout the nite.

wish0uopon0star,

yes, very expensive. nothing is cheap these days. even the CL is around or above $2k.

I wish we are like the west. they don't have anything such as confinement. I read in overseas forum they go gym 2 weeks after they gave birth! no special diet etc and still ok leh. sigh.

sometimes i wonder if all these are necessary especially when facing a tight budget.

no bath, cannot touch water, etc etc etc, did we self impose on ourselves practices that have no scientific backing? I was told by my mil that during confinement cannot eat fruits???

is it true? wouldn't that cause constipation and wouldn't we tear our tissues if we visit toilet and what will happen to the wound? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

she even told me, during pregnancy drink too hot water will cause baby to have no or little hair. then if drink cold water will cause baby to have weak lungs. all these hearsay sometimes get me all upset. i wonder what temperature water then is considered the perfect temperature to drink??

i wonder if these are just what SHE wants to see me practice and do instead of true practices with good reasoning?

and yes, she told me during confinement cannot drink water. can only drink tea, wine, milo etc.

now i worry about hard stools.

of cos my doctor say no such thing. fruits and water important source of fibre!

frankly, i am quite fed up with all these comments from them insisting on doing things their ways. especially no confinement lady. she actually said we are stingy. why? does she even know how much we have in our bank account for her to pass such a remark? sigh.

i just want to do the best i can. if touching water, and drinking water and bathing for my own baby will cut my lifespan short by a few years, i think its ok. i am prepared as long as my child is well taken care of within my means.

sigh.

Back