(2011/10) Oct 2011

emilybaby, glad you are feeling alright [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] don't over exert yourself at least for next few days.

Hi Mummies,

I am new here. Can I find out from you gals when exactly is the start of 2nd trimester? Is it after 13 or 14th week? Or is it at the start of weeek 13th?

Thanks in advanice!

hi mummies,

i think i am having constipation [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]... please remember to eat more fruits and drink loads of water..

its a really terrible feeling! got feeling but just wont come out and have to exert alot alot of strength until perspiring dunno like what [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Think am going to get prune juice later cos im not a fruit & veggie person..

Enjoy your Sunday!

hi happymummytobe, I considered the start of 2nd trimester after 12 weeks, or when 1st trimester detailed scanning is cleared.

kittiepp, yes prune juice can help relieve constipation. Water helps too. Take gd care of yourself!

Hi ladies, hope u are all having a great weekend!

Emily,

Hope u didn't hurt urself! Don't do any housework esp those heavy ones. Get a PT maid or ask hubby to do. Just relax and be queen at home. Hee!!

Happy,

I consider the start of 13th week to be 2nd trimester, since 12 weeks is estimated to 3 full months. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kittiepp,

I am also having constipation. Eat more fruits and drink more water lor.

1d1r,

Thanks for e recommendation. I will get some stuffs. Btw, if I use the discount code, can our mummies here use it too?

Anyone has a maid here can share how is e procedure like and cost? I need to hire 1 in June/ July. Need some advises on the pay, levy and bond?

Esther, the discount code is not one-off, so many ppl can use the same code :D

RE: Maid

1. Select agent and choose maid from portfolio. Usually takes around 2 months for the maid to get into SG, so start looking early.

2. Cost:

Agent fee: Varies from $188 - 1088 (or more)

Bond/Medical Insurance: $200+ (compulsory)

Upfront Maid's Loan: $2000+++ (depends on which training centre they come from)

Levy: Monthly $170 *if you have kids under 12yo, if not, will be $295/mth (then you can apply for the $170 after delivery)

Usually the whole process will take 2-3 months if no delay, so you can start looking around soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks alot for the detailed info!

I didn't know that we got to wait a few months for the maid to come! Always thought that those maids sitting at the agency is already here, we just need to apply for them to work in my place! Haha! So ignorant!

Guess have to set aside roughly 5k for the initial fees! Thanks for your help!

Esther, those sitting in the agency got 2 types:

1. Kena rejected by employer so waiting for transfer

2. Just arrived, waiting for employer to pick them up

Esther, the wait is cos some of them got no passport yet... Must wait till got employer want them then they will pay to make passport (cos they can't afford)...

Then still need to wait for them to learn enough English to pass the SG English test... Then still need to wait for them go medical check up...

If during Hari Raya period is worse... cos the training centre in Indonesia will allow them to go home for the holidays.... then must wait till after Hari Raya then they can travel to SG...

I'm having a sharp pulling pain in my pelvic area.... feels like the muscles being pulled... must be the uterus growing and fighting for space!!!

Starry:

Sorry for the late reply! Could hardly have the time to get in here. Everyday is so busy with my #1.

As for duphaston, i was on 1 pill twice daily. Now i called it a "lose weight pill" cos it make me don't feel like eating anything! But i realised that whenever i pop an apple, the side effects will disappeared and cravings will start again. My spotting has stopped. For the safe side, gynae still put me on 2wks pills. Now is only yellow discharge.

Re: bfing

I'm still bfing my 3yrs gal. Total latch on. My gynae said it's not a prob. I'm not intend to give up too.

Re: Vbac

Anyone trying vbac? This time round i'm going to try it. Currently i'm 6wks+ (have been hearing it since feb 13. I wonder when is my actual 6wks be over and proceed to 7wks?) Sign...

Dear mummies, I'm feeling extremely tired these few days! Heartbeat very fast and sometimes breathless. But I'm almost in my 6th week, I still do not have ms....anyone experience the same?? Issit normal??

KWXY, it's normal cos our blood volume has to increase to meet the rising demand of supplying nutrients to the little one.

As long as the heartbeat is not scarily hard/fast, just rest as much as you can.

Verre,

No worries! Can be so bz with our little ones sometimes don't even have time to go toilet pee. Haha! So 2 weeks later can stop the pills and then u can start eating properly again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Me too, spotting stopped an having yellowish discharge only. Glad that the utrogestan pills can be inserted otherwise I will really have a hard time takin care of my girl over weekend. Even now MS is like getting a little bit harder to bear. Sometimes appetite can be very good then minutes later will feel like stomach gonna turn inside out. I really 佩服 u, bf ur girl so long!! Really very very dedicated. When are u gonna wean her, or u decide to tandem bf?

Re: VBAC

Wanna try too but gap too close and doctor says will have small risk of old scar tearing. I'm weighing the pros and cons leh. Really wanna try natural but a bit scared scared of the consequences. :p

Kwxy,

For my #1, I didn't feel MS till I was 8-9 weeks and even so it wasn't serious. Very mild. Breathlessness and dizziness is very common at this stage. Just be careful when u feel dizzy.

My silly little boy did something funny today...

I dunno to laugh or to scold him!!

My dad was eating potato chips and gave my boy 2 pcs cos cannot eat too much (I don't allow). Then my dad read his newspaper and left the bottle of chips on the table. My boy sneakily go and take the whole bottle, run to the kitchen and hide behind the washing machine to eat the chips!!!

Then my dad realised the chips were missing and went to look for my boy. Then found him behind the washing machine. Ask him to come out, then took the chips away.

My boy refuse to give up, go and snatch it back. Then run to my parent's bedroom to hide. Then my dad went to try to coax him to return the bottle of chips. My dad told him cannot eat too much potato chips cos it's not good for him. And my boy replied,"But I MUST eat A LOT of potato chips. I need a lot of potato chips to grow TALL!"

*Smacks head*

Damn funny but need to tell him that cannot sneak away with the chips like that....

hahahahaha very cute your boy boy.

how i wish i have a boy boy like that. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

#2 on the way:

Yes! She goes to her 2hrs school from every tues-friday. Every monday will go kindermusik.

kwxy:

It's normal. Whenever i'm so tired after bringing my gal back home, i will also feel breathless and heartbeat very fast.

starry:

Actually i did try to wean her off when i know i'm pregnant. It was a tortured for her and me for 2 days that i decided not to wean her off. As i felt it is very unfair for her. Luckily my gynae is supportive of it. Yup will try tandem bf.

re: vbac

My gynae did not say no, but also nvr say yes to me. Just see how it goes. Anyway he's an expert in vbac, so i trust him.

Thanks Mummies!! Im gg to see beanie this Wednesday!! Im feeling so excited!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i almost bought Clarins today! After discount $53...but I also saw Elancy 2 bottles $47 at Mount A last week but didnt buy....went to KKH today to chk it out as my friends told me its charging $49 for 2 bottles, since im near KKH...but the pharmancy is closed today... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

This is the one im referring...reasonable price and avail at most hospitals and recommended by doc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.elancyl.com/en/soins/produit_vergetures1.php

But i realised when you purchase elsewhere...is more expensive...like John Little charging ard $45 - ONLY 1 bottle but hospitals charging ard $49 - 2 Bottles!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My friends used ard 4-5 bottles for the whole pregnancy...And no stretchmarks!! Envy!! Hope i wll not kenan the watermelon marks...they are scary!!

I've used clarins stretch mark cream when having #1 so far very good when go for my post natal massage the aunty mention I dun look like 1 who has given birth b4. So will continue using this round.

Kwxy, I'm going on Tuesday for my gynae visit also veri excited!!

This time round realize my tummy is bigger when I've #1 especially after every meal....then juz now was surprise tat my tummy move like 'wavy' pattern when I look at it! Think it must b the muscle doing it's job for the beanie!

1d1r,

Thank you so much for the maid's info! Hubby said he feels like employing one right now. (as I refused to set the eggs he boiled. They looked raw in the yolk)

Haiz.

Whiteloverz,

I'm from the sep 2011 mtbs thread. Read your sharing on bf n would like to chk with u on something coz I too hv lumpy breasts n it's so rare to read n meet another mummy with the same exp. I ganan blocked ducts almost every once/twice a week n din dare to tk supplements eg fenugreek/mothers milk tea to help increase my bm. But I din hv enough for #1 then n had to supplement with fm. Am hoping to hv enough for #2 this time round but predicts the same old friends aka blocked ducts will be back. Can I chk if u managed to do 100% bf n if u ever tried taking any of the suplements to increase bm? Coz not sure if the supplements will make theblicked ducts happen even more often or worst. Would really helps n encourages if I hear from u n if u hv managed to do it before. Hope u dun mind my qns. Tia!

Minidiary, girl or boy, they will start all their cuteness and silly stuff at around 2- 4yo!!

Verre, I still prefer oil though the cream is nice :D This is an organic brand, so no worries about chemicals and stuff.

Esther, it's good to start searching now cos the new maid also need time to get used to your routine. Also, if the maid is not good, you still got time to change before baby arrives....

Sung, I have lumpy breasts. I had to remove a lump when I was 18yo. And because of the surgery, I always get blocked ducts.

I survived total breastfeeding for 18mths with the lumpy boobs.

What the lactation consultant taught me was to massage daily with warm compress. I bought a breast heating pad (donut shape) which you can heat up in microwave or heat up with boiling water. Then apply to warm up the boobs and massage out the blocked ducts.

Another way is to use hot water during shower to spray on the boobs, then massage everyday when you shower.

Or you can fill a milk bottle with hot water, then roll on your boobs to massage out the blocked ducts. All methods worked for me but most convenient is the first 2.

I did take a lot of fenugreek (cooked into soups) during my confinement to increase milk flow.

If the milk keeps flowing out, there's lesser blocked ducts.

Also, you must pump until EMPTY so that the blocked ducts won't form. Pump and massage until totally empty. I normally do this during the last pump of the day before I sleep so that my boobs are more comfy for the night :p

If it becomes a habit to massage & pump until empty, the lumps shouldn't be a problem.

I only had 2 episodes of very bad blocked ducts that I could not massage out at home (cos too busy at work then nvr empty out my boobs). And I went to find Mrs Wong (lactation consultant at TMC). She got her lactation nurses to apply warm compress and massage out the lumps for me. Then remind me to empty my boobs to prevent it from happening.

It is possible to total breastfeed if you are determined. :D

1d1r,

your boy is so funny!!! hahaha! kids really say the funniest things sometimes. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: blocked ducts

that time i had engorgement on day 2 after delivery and when the LC came, she said my breasts are very full and that i shld pump. so i rented the medela pump from hospital but no matter how much i pumped, very very litle milk came out. 1 hr session only yielded like 20-30ml?? but breasts still felt very hard and full. the LC came again and said i have blocked ducts. the slightest touch caused pain. anyone else encountered this kind of thing before with your 1st/2nd baby? thought i was very 'suay' kena this straight away. 'cos initially i thought blocked ducts only happen if like what 1d1r said, nv empty breasts properly. i am very afraid to have to go through this again 'cos the pain was really no joke. the LC also nv used hot compress.. used cold cold hands. *shivers*...

i also wanna be more successful at bfing this time round. somehow still feel a bit short-changing my girl about bfing her for 3mths only.

verre,

i think stretchmark oil is better than cream as oil absorbs faster into the skin. cream ones made my skin feel itchy when tummy got bigger..

Starry, I feel that the fenugreek seed scooked in soup is more effective leh... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

good morning mummies! have a good week ahead [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

verre, yes i'm v interested in VBAC. thank goodness TMC is offering a hypnobirthing class as i heard achieving VBAC through hypnobirthing may be able to work. hb is supportive *phew*. what are you doing to prepare yourself for VBAC?

luv,

my hubby not supportive of vbac. he says later old scar tear then worse. tsk... dunno how. how does hypnobirthing help?? is it sort of a self hypnosis technique??

blocked ducts

I pump out after bb finish his "meal" when there is a blocked ducts & massage using hot water. The brest feel like a stone very painful.

verre

you are very good. can brestfeed for 3yrs. I only brestfeed for 20mth but mostly pump out not direct

Hi mummies,

if you are looking for malay massage, I'd like to recommend Nurin, HP: 96173994, to help with post-natal massage. She's friendly and does very good relaxing massages.

starry, your hb is right there is a 1% risk of old scar tearing if vbac is attempted. that's y i waited for a long time from my 1st CS just to make sure. but if your gynae is supportive of it, i think that's good enough to attempt VBAC.

hypnobirthing involves some form of self hypnosis: breathing, relaxation, visualization and ultra-deepening. if you are Christian, dont worry as this is not new age thinking.

(extracted from hypnobirthing book) The HypnoBirthing method is especially favorable to VBACs because the breathing techniques are gentle all through the opening phase, and you will not strain with forced pushing during the baby's descent - another plus for the VBAC mother.

luv,

i'm christian, but i'm open to all these self-help methods. sounds interesting! i will go research on it. i was able to work till i pop for my #1 since it was scheduled csect. which has it's pros too. can choose date, can do proper planning, no last minute surprises etc. but somehow feel that motherhood is not 100% complete if don't go through the natural labour process. you feel the same way?

btw, hypnobirthing means cannot use epidural? otherwise how to know or feel when to push?

Starry, my mum hinted me many times to try to go natural without epi!! Hubby also supported that...I dun wan to be the hero and end up I'm not up to it. Hehe

kwxy,

can try! but a few friends who went thru it said the pain was terrible. i don't dare to. sure curse and swear and say things i regret. :p

Hi all, been awhile since I wrote, super bothered by MS. anyone started easing up at week 8 or sooner than e w eek 12? I really very sian of this sickly feeling, sigh

Cherylden, I'm also very bothered by MS. I'm in Week 9 going week 10 already but the MS still here... Worst is, I can't vomit anything out...

I have MS also from week 8 onwards. now 9th week still here... vomit sometimes. not much appetite in the morning and afternoon also.

kwxy

I recommend this pregnancy book, its very detailed, tracking week by week what you can expect of your bodily changes and the changes to baby. A great resource for first time moms.

What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff. You should be able to find answers to almost all of your questions in here.

Alternatively you can read up from www.babycentre.com although personally I prefer to have a hard copy that I can refer to.

You don't have to have MS when pregnant, lots of moms get on fine with little symptoms. I never had MS for my #1. now in week 10, I still feel fine.

cherylden, 1d1r, minidiary,

i'm also a good friend of MS now. actually i shld call it AS (afternoon sickness)! morning appetite very good, then afternoon onwards pay for it. but no vomiting, just super nauseous and like having a boulder in the stomach.

my boss just came over to congratulate me! haha! seems like he took the pregnancy news very well. :p he asked me whether i am catholic lor. lol!

Back