(2011/10) Oct 2011

Thanks Olivesyoghurt and Pauline. PD said my bb is only 4.5 mths at corrected age. Cannot introduce cereal till one mth later. Anyway, she said bb already weighs 8 kg now. overgrown liao. haiz..

Btw, how do I add myself into oct baby 2011 fb group?

Poohchim

Wow, your bb must be very cute n chubby. 8kg @ 4.5mths....wow that is big hehehe. I'm starting to feel the weight of my boy as I'm very petite, I hope I'll still be able to carry him when he reaches 8 mths haha.

I still didn't get an invitation to join the FB group yet. I reckon it's a private group so will be only by invitation.

Morning everyone. My parents went on a short getaway to Hatyai and i became a SAHM for 4days.

its super tiring yet fun to be one. 4days are enough.! I rather go back to work.!

Travelling

Will love to travel with bb as im still fully BF my son, so it should be easy to bring him overseas.! But the elderly at home are not very keen on the idea and cons of BF is u need to clear ur boobs every few hrly. So cannt be giving up becuz of my own travelling desire. >~<

@telez yup milk is still main source of food intake for the first year or second. Correct me if i am wrong. And introducing solid to babies (less than 6mths) now will not increase their calories intake and you just simply raised the chance of the food allergy in the long run.

@poohchim

Nice weight gain there.! My son is 5mth and is only ard the same weight as yours.! 8.5kg. Im 153cm/50kilo now and it very back breaking to carry him.!

Fb group.

Mummies i search for oct 11 babies and found it, i add myself and waited for approval. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i used the computer search engine thou.! Iphone cannot find luh.

Its 3.43am now and my son is scratching at my leather bedframe while giggling to himself. Tired max now.

Hi! The facebook group can be searched for under "Oct 2011 babies" but must use your comp to search coz I think iphone's fb cannot search leh.

Or copy and past this link: <https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/330691543645224/>

If still can't, just PM me your email address.

alamak mummies, I don't know why but I didn't receive the PMs! I check today still nothing. >.<

The FB group link is here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/330691543645224/

Copy and paste in your browser okie.

Winny

I bought it in Jakarta's mothercare, so I'm not sure where in SG they sell it. Actually, it not heavy, I packed it in my luggage (big luggage) and go.

love everyday, i hve sent in request to join the fb group, waiting for approval.

my baby fell off my bed yesterday and i felt so guilty coz i'm supposed to be playing with her on the bed, but then i dozed off coz i'm so tired...mummies do be careful!

Hi mummies sorry to interrupt. I have the following new and unopened tins to let go:

1) 2 tins happy bellies multigrain cereal 7 oz. Expiring 08 jul 2013.

2) 2 tins happy bellies oatmeal cereal 7 oz. Expiring 30 sep 2013.

Pls pm me if keen. Thanks!

JTS: Milk powder prices have gone up again. NAN pro 2 having promo now. Bundle together buy 3 get one free. Seen it in some NTUC at $104.40 ie $26.10 each . Worth buying coz buy one can is $34.80.

Sigh... NAN HA always no prOmo.

Btw mommies, I fed my bb sweet potato for 3 days, morn and evening each day and today is the third day but my mil says she's having loose bowels today. I think I'll stick to cereal until she's officially 6 mths old.

Winny, I just changed my girl fr enfalac to NAN pro 2 . She has no prob with the change. Any reason why your bb is on NAN HA? When i asked for a sample fr my PD's nurse and was told that it tasted bitter. so i switched to NAN pro instead.

I fed my girl w mashed sweet potato with cereal today. She likes it. Maybe u can do the same. Sweet potato is high in fibre.

Hi! Actually I don't give a lot of sweet potato. Just abit to try but for 3 days la. I'll just do with cereal tmr onwards.

Actually it's my pd who suggested HA. Not sure why too. But since she's feeding well on HA I do not want to change. Don't want any allergies. prob when she's older then I might change.

HK

Winny, we usually stay at Regal hotel @ causeway bay. I prefer the HK side, less crowded. CWB is a very convenient area from shopping to services.

Hi! Is regal exp? Last time I stay at Kimberly due to the good location but with bb I cannot stay there as its very small.

Hi! For mommies who gave NAN HA to their bb. Nestlé having promo for NAN HA 2. $73.95 for 2. Usual price $39+ for 1 tin.

I've bought 4 tins! Heehee!

Hi mommies! Are ur bb sucking their thumb? I do not know why my baby now needs to suck before she's willing to sleep. I tried to hold back giving pacifier and holding down her hands and she's so angry. Cried furiously too!

In the ends I gave in..

winnie171175,

my bb start to cough. do i bring to see pd or gp can? at so young will doctor give any medicine?

Wiinie,

thanks for the deal. i went to buy the nan ha2. 4 cans too!

sucking of thumbs n fingers! mine too. suck till got sound. even lifted toes to suck. how to stop? i tried hold down too. scream scream n scream. doctor ask me to distract him. no use at all.

Winny,

My baby suck his fist and fingers all the time..and end up vomitting some of the milk out..

i bought him pacifier, he's not interested to try it out..my hubby..went to teach him to suck his thumb instead of fist/fingers..soo funny..

HAIR DROPPING,

My hair has finally stopped dropping..but i noticed my hair has gotten drier than before..omg..it looks like grass..i dare not to do anything to my hair afraid it might aggravate and start dropping hair again..althought my hair has stopped dropping..sad to say..it has already caused some baldness on both sides of my forehead..what can i do to make all these hair regrow..pls advice?? Thanks..

I have about 80 milk bottles (Safe & Non toxic - BPA free and Phthalates Free). Mostly used only 2-5 times because of the huge number I have for milk storage in the freezer - so there's still a lot of life left for these bottles.

Brands range from Tollijoy, Nuk to Autumnz. Bought brand new for about $1.70(minimum cost) per bottle. Want to sell at $1.20 each.

Size: 5oz (include screw rings and sealing discs for each bottle)

I have a couple of big bottles about 8-10 bottles which were opened but never used as my baby never graduated to that size. Would like to sell at $2 each.

Please PM me if interested or go to http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6948706.html?1335150827

hi quizzer,

I got very bad hair drop also tat cause baldness at both sides of my forehead. I read some other forums and they recommend to continue eating ur pre natal supplement. so I bought obimin frm gurdian and ate them just like when I was pregnant. and now I got lots (I really mean ALOT) of baby hair growing esp at the bald patch. maybe u can try tat.

Hi Quizzer and pofy,

I feel it's better to suck on pacifier than thumb as they will cause a lump on the finger and might even cause infection.

Secondly, you cannot get rid of their finger which makes it even more difficult to wean them off in future.

My mom has sealed the sleeves of a long sleeve top. I'm going to try it out on this sat. In case she can't sleep it's ok as sun am not working. I just want her to get rid of this bad habit.

How are your babies doing on solids? Mine still not very interested though she's swallowing better now.

hi winny,

my baby seems to b very interested in solids alot. we feed her different type of cereals (brown rice, oatmeal, wheat). she loves it so much. one serving is about 5 table spoons. but recently my mom tried to cook some porridge for her n she hate it so much dat she threw up! so I guess we shall just stick to cereals for now. wat r u feeding ur baby?

Hi nurul! Yeah hopefully!

I ask my mil to let her try carrot tmr. How I wish I could be a sahm to do all these by myself.

I know right! I wish I can b a sahm too! if only I'm a sahm I'd have tried cooking all different ingredients for her to try. my mom quite conservative n only prefer to feed her cereal n avocado only. n it feels like its too short to see my baby only abt 3 hrs a day cos I'll reach home almost 7pm. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi hi... long time didn come in to say hi...

think alot of us hope to be SAHM but sadly to say the high standard of living in singapore do not allow most of us to do that, tt is y i salute to SAHM.

appending to the post by rosnyus, the fee of everything is just keep increasing and increasing...

Hi nurul!

You are so much better than I. I reach home usually by 8.30pm. Sometimes she's asleep already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hello mummies, please search and add happy mummy in fb.!

Am selling bb organic cereals/puffs/melts/munchies cheaper than your regular store.!

Winny,

me too. by the time i bring fetch baby home from ifc it will be around 8.30pm and usually he is so tired i try to put him to bed. not much interaction time unless i keep him up which i try not to. very upset actually with this kind of schedule. when i fetch him from ifc, i don't have much interaction too cos sometimes he is tired he sleep if not i am trying to rush from point a to b carrying all the bags and him. sigh.

one more day to go before weekend. haiz.

cereal intake

my bb not too good on cereal. till today already 7mths old but not keen on cereal. only can take one tablespoon and only for one meal. is this normal? i haven't even started on porridge. getting worried. any mummies can advice if its ok?

Hi pofy! Great to see you here. I thought no one will log in anymore. Haha!

My baby girl is 6mths 2 weeks and she is flipping in the middle of the night causing me to wake up so often to flip her back and give pacifier. So tired!

Solids

I stated to give porridge already. My pd urge me to do it soon as baby losing protein and they need the protein and I give solids 2 times a day.

Noon will be normal cereal plus fruit

Dinner will be fish porridge to replenish Protein.

Sometimes my bb doesn't want to eat so I skip and gave milk. Just try everyday lo.

Have lah, i still come here. me no facebook. hahaha. been busy with work and also trying to pack. my house is a mess with all the stock up diapers, milk powder etc. been trying to sell off some stuff to raise funds for diapers.

normally i don't complain but i have met 2 ladies whom i was most upset with.

1. a china lady living in my block. she just married to singapore man a sole bread winner and now is pregnant about 5 months. she saw me one day in the lift and ask me if i can give her baby stuff. i was quite surprised as i don't really know her well. so i packed up all the mittens and botties and a number of baby clothes and gave it to her. when i reach her unit and pass over, she even got the cheek to ask me if the clothes have been washed!!! i was like of course but surely you need to wash them again before you baby wears them right??? didn't feel appreciated at all not that i expected it but i thought she was "brave" enough to ask for it and i don't need them anymore so i gave. didn't expect such a reaction.

the 2nd mtb i met was a singaporean. she reserved my gift set and we arranged to meet. she pushed my selling price real low but i tot at least put the gift to good use since i don't need it and i can use the money. after she took the gift we parted. but 15min later she called me to tell me she changed her mind. so we met again and i took the gift set back. dumb me didn't check and now the box is dented. can't sell. sigh. i find this bad experience i had the feeling of being taken advantage of. anyway its over so don't want to think about it. now just have to see who wants to buy it for self use. haiz. why are people like that?

how come baby losing proteins?

now i am worried. i ask the school today they also say my bb refuse to eat cereal. feed already he will puke out so now still only 1 feed in the morning the rest milk.

Hello mummies

How are your babies crawling coming along? My girl is trying but still quite uncoordinated [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It will be tough to baby proof the house once she starts to really crawl..

By the way, anyone using walker?

Leeoh

I very worried.my bb can't sit up by himself yet.no teeth,can't crawl definitely. How? Is the progress something wrong. He has been having fever past 2 days with cough.

Winny

How? I lost.he fever dun want eat cereal even.only want milk.I worry I not feeding him well.he very small size.can still wear 3 nth clothes.still sucking finger can't stop.at times want to suck toe too.should I introduce pacifier instead?

Pofy, my daughter can't sit up by herself either, usually is 7+ months, so dun ve to worry too much abt it. she can't crawl as well, heard is usually 8 mths. Maybe he is teething? Tt y fever, check his bottom gum...

Hiyo! My bb is 6 mths 3rd week and she can't crawl or sit up straight but she can support herself for awhile when she sits leaning infront.

I don't intend to give walker yet as I hope she would learn to crawl first.

Pofy: actually I feel giving pacifier is better than thumb. My fren who is mother of 3 told me the same. One of her daughter still sucking thumb and she's 3 years old.

Regards to feeding, try again few days later. Every baby is unique. Initially I also felt my bb is slow but then she's growing well and eating so take ur time. Maybe ur bb has his own plans. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Winny,

sigh. i not rushing too but sometimes i get panic attacks esp when i pick him up from ifc, some will say theirs have teeth already, mine still nothing? some also can crawl, mine can't even sit up ah??? i am like yes yes, he very slow. sigh.

pacifier...... i undecided. i didn't introduce from the start. not keen to start now also. but this finger sucking thingy esp when he wants to sleep is getting on my nerves. hahaha.

the only good thing is he falls asleep quite fast and i can pull it out with a pop usually but at times he will put it back right in. he has even attempted 2 thumbs with a big toe too. very ugly leh. 3 years old still sucking. hmm... when they will stop? primary school? i also recently saw a 2 on the mrt. sucking and around 3 to 4 years old already. haiz...

my bb didn't put on weight for the whole month. just went pd because he has high fever, cough and flu. weight drop by half kg. i also shake my head. already so small size still can drop weight!

diapers

ntuc selling the huggies ultra at around $35 for 2 packs. anybody using this brand, is it good and is this a good price? can advise. i thought of changing to this brand cos his butt recently red red from drypers....

hope to get some advice before the sale ends on wed. any other place with cheaper offer at other times? if yes i will wait.

Back