(2011/10) Oct 2011

Mine jus 7 mths try to support himself to sit but fail always bang his head.. he's now doing r frog style jump instead of crawling n he isn' either. Still sucking his thumb/fist/toe..

My elder boy didn't crawl and went straight to walking at 1 months. Maybe not crawling actually helps to push the baby to walk earlier cos he has no other option. Some babies are so happy crawling that they don't have incentive to walk.

I prefer pacifier to thumb cos pacifier can throw away but thumb cannot cut off. Easier to wean off ;)

I tried mamy poko but it leaked a few times at night so went back to Huggies which was what my elder boy used. So far very good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mine uses the two hands to push himself up and launch forward with the two legs. duno consider crawl anot, hahah...

wow, leeoh, ur baby can walk at 1 month??

Mine jus 7 mths try to support himself to sit but fail always bang his head.. he's now doing r frog style jump instead of crawling n he isn' either. Still sucking his thumb/fist/toe..

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- BN Playskool busy balls patterns & colours $15

- BN Pigeon breastmilk storage bottles (3pcs) $10

- BN Pigeon S sized teat (standard neck) $2.50

- BN Pigeon M sized teat (wide neck) $3.00

- BN Nuk Anti colic wide neck teat 1 0-6m (silicone) $5

- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65

- 2 boxes of Tollyjoy napkin liners 200 pcs $10

- 2 tins of NAN 2 400g (exp Oct'12) $20

- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350

- Avent refill 10 cups (240ml) $18, with lids $25

- Medela Mini Electric breast pump full set $105

- 2 tins of Mamil Gold 400g (exp Nov'13) $20

- 2 Pigeon pacifier for 8mth+ $7

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Pofy,

dont panic....but i know la. sometimes when ppl keep saying I also wont feel good. But nvm...every baby is unique.

My bb is going to be 7 months and also no teeth.

In fact I hope she wont grow up so fast. I really really missed the days when she's willing to let me carry her in my arms. heehee...

For diapers, i'm using MERRIES for night. Then for day, i see whichever brand is on promo I'll buy. Currently is PAMPERS. :D

Hi all, it's been a long time since I last visit this forum...been busy with work.

Mine also not crawling...dunno lazy or what. Sometimes seems to be inching forward but just dun want to move.

My fren's baby only had her teeth at 1 year old while another fren's baby had his teeth at 1 month. Every baby is different...no need to rush.

Happy Mothers Day!!!

It's my first time celebrating this day as a

Mother and I'm really happy!

Must at least take 1 or 2 photo with my

Bb! Heehee!

Happy mother's day to all mummies.

yes we must take more pictures.I feel very grateful n very happy for my little bundle of naughty joy. Mummies have a great day!

Hi fellow mummies! First time posting here. My boy has no teeth, doesn't crawl, don't know how to sit too. I just let him be cos I think he's just slower than most babies. He recently got sick but refused to eat his med. every time give him medicine is like going for a wrestling match. Someone has to hold him down and I have to put the medicine into his mouth using the syringe and he will cry so hard. Any mummies can give advice on how to give meds to your babies in a less challenging way? Thanks!

Hi Mag

mine also no teeth, don't know how to sit by herself. only about to turn. can let him practice sitting. for crawl, some may skip this stage. for medicine, syringe is best. find a time that he is happy, maybe distract him with tv or sing song to him, then slowly give little by little thru the side of the mouth. med is usually sweet.

Hi Winnie, thanks for your advice. Yah I tried doing that - distraction. But my boy just spit out the med except for the paracetamol which I think is really sweet.

Hi! For me what u did was to hold baby's cheeks with 1 hand making Her mouth form "o" shape then the other hand push the syringe. Usually I will try to finish the

Medicine 4-5 times. The others around me try to distract her but usually no use la. She's busy crying.

PD suggested feeding medicine during milk time. Use the syringe to push the medicine in from the side of bb's mouth when he's sucking. Quite effective

hello how is everybody?

long time i didn't log in.

bb has been sick. had bad flu and throat infection and was put on antibiotic.

now bb is well but super under-weight.

he still doesn't want to eat solids which doctor says i must try harder.

his milk intake in very little too.

i am quite worried. but other than that he seems happy. sigh.

can mummy share me with me your baby feeding schedule now?

my bb weight drop till 6+kg. milk intake is about 600ml per day, 4 feeds only.

no solids, just cereal in morning and evening.

sigh.

hi pofy

my baby is sick too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

recently down with fever and super bad cough. she even got woken up by her cough when she's sleeping.

but surprisingly her milk intake n cereal still remains the same. she's not beed a big eater since de very start. she only drinks abt 3oz per feeding for abt 6 times in 24 hours. so I think it sum up to abt 600ml also. she eat cereal twice a day too n will eat abt 4 table spoon at one go.

her weight currently is 7.4kg and 65cm tall. I think shes quite short. haha. cos my cousin 4 mth old baby is 62cm. but as long as she pee n poop well I don't really worry abt it.

how tall is ur bb?

Hello Nurul,

my bb is even shorter than yours! my hubby and myself not tall so i guess its in his genes? last we measured he was 60only and in the month he got sick we went back a few times to pd but he didn't grow any taller. sigh

4 tablespoons of cereal means 4 tablespoons of cooked cereal or 4 tablespoons haven't add milk/water?

Mine can only eat 1 table spoon of cereal which I add water too. mine don't poop well too. he didn't poop for one whole week. doc say he is constipated and gave us something to insert into the anal, within 10 min he poop. poor thing.

i was told bb needs about 900ml a day because its 6kg x 150ml but i just can't figure out how to pump that extra 300ml into him??? sure to puke!

does it mean i am underfeeding him? pd says i am leh. but he can't drink what can i do? i force, he will puke out.

i hope your baby is better already.

poor thing when they cough and wake up crying. their sleep and ours get disrupted.

Hi everyone,

Thnk there's a bug going around. My boy got fever and cough a couple of weeks back too. I bf direct so I don't know how much he drinks. I give him three meals and bf in between meals and at night. He still wakes up at night for feeds sometimes up to three times. Yawn...

Pofy - he you tried mixing fruit purées into the cereals? Fruits are sweet so maybe your bou takes to it better? Also, maybe can ask your pd if can intro meat? I usually give fruit cereal for breakfast, veggie with cereal for lunch and meat with cereal for dinner.

hi pofy,

if 60cm with abt 6+kg shud b okay right? cos I remember when my bb was 5 mths she was 60cm as well n weigh only abt 6.5kg only. guess ur baby is just small size.

his constipation sounds serious! poor boy! wat formula is he drinking? have u tried changing his formula? usually formula de one dat makes baby constipated.

my bb eat 4 table spoon (powder) before adding water. wat cereal u feeding him? try changing or maybe try to feed him fruits only? banana n avocados n good starters I read.

I think as long as ur bb is active n progressing on the milestone, I dont think u r underfeeding him. he just choose to grow at his own pace.

anyway thanks. my bab is slightly better now. I find dat de cough medicine really do de works! it makes her sleepy n she slept well!

Hello, my baby is sick too.. She LS for abt 4 days, after her LS got better, she caught the flu from the daddy... Now still has running nose and cough but much better.

My girl is 7mths 4 days, 71cm 7.3kg. She takes about 600ml (+/-) with porridge in the afternoon...

Hello, I have been a silent reader and my son is born on 21 Oct. He is now taking porridge twice a day (about 5 tablespoon each time) and his milk consumption 24 hrs is around 700 ml (180 ml per feed every 5 hrs). Actually my PD said weight x 100 to 150 ml per day is pretty decent, as long as the baby pee n poo n is happy.

Hi pofy, maybe u can try delaying feeding your baby when he is hungrier n see if he will take the cereal.

Hi Mummies, I'm letting go of 2 tins of Nan Pro 2 Probiotics at $15 for both. Collection at Hougang. Pls let me know if keen. Thanks.

Hello mummies,

Thanks for all the advice.

I will try to implement them as soon as my little bundle gets well.

Didn't manage to log on yesterday because he had fever and ifc called me to bring him home!

Sigh. At this rate its as if i pay ifc but i take care myself at home. I like taking care of him but my child care leave almost all gone already. 6 days not enough!

Mag Stanis,

Thanks. Because he was constipated, i tried to feed him prunes from those Gerber bottles. Hoping it will help. Initially i fed bananas, but he didn't really take it, keep pushing it out. prunes more watery so he drank but was not effective enough also because he can't even finish half a bottle at one meal. I doubt he is ready to start meat. my pd told me he must be able to eat 3 to 4 tablespoon before i move him to more meals more complex items. Sigh

Nurul,

my bb on nan2ha. i didn't thought of changing the milk powder. hmm... maybe have to try. my baby almost 8mths already leh. still 6kg is very light and small leh. he can still wear those newborn 0-6mths clothes. sigh

rejoy28,

good to see you here. poor baby, sick too. good to hear she is getting better. 7mths at 7.3kg sounds a good weight. i am thinking of ways to get food into this pal of mine. he just likes to suck his thumbs all day. i bet if i don't feed him, he is fine just sucking on his thumb.

Ai Ling,

Welcome. Thanks for adding on to the advice.

I tried to make him hungry for lunch by skipping one milk feed during one of the days but he didn't cry at all for milk or even food when it was lunch time! and when i attempted to feed, its the same thing, keep pushing food out. he doesn't even open his mouth to accept food. at times i have to force his mouth open and push the spoon in. sounds very cruel. sigh

Hi pofy, if constipation don't take banana le. Try apricot or fruits with fibre.

My baby will be 7 mths 3rd week next week and she just went for her 2nd pneumococcal vaccine this morn.

She's 7.74 kg and 69cm now.

She drinks 180-190ml of milk x 3 time a day which is still slightly less than 600 ml a day. PD says try to add in her cereal.

But she's eating 3 meals a day.

Breakfast : cereal with a kind of fruit

Lunch and dinner : porridge with fish or chicken.

Pofy, don't worry too much! Ur baby will be fine!

Hi mommies, have you got high chair for your babies?

What brand are you buying?

Can share? The one I like is really exp.

Hi pofy

My elder boy also dislike cereal and porridge since baby. It is the texture. Even now he doesn't like mushy food. He says sticky and soft. Since he was 6months old we fed him rice with soup and plain bread. He seems ok despite the unusual food. No indigestion or anything. You might want to try.

Hi winny,

Just googled oxo high chair. It's indeed exp! I'm thinking if I should just buy one from ikea cos my boy is naughty. Sometimes if he doesn't like mean he doesn't like. If I buy so expensive a chair then he doesn't want to sit in it, waste money.

hello mummies,

need some advise. my daughter is 8mths +. and she is on total breast feed directly. soon i want to change to formula. what kind of bottles should i buy to feed her? many tks...

I'm using evenflo. It's a very simple high chair. Good enough just to have him seated.

After reading other mummies posts I think my boy is short and fat haha. At 7 months he's 66cm and weighs 8.6kg.

Hi angeline,

I used pigeon wide neck bottles. Found the shape of the nipples are shaped in a way that's easy for bf babies to transit to using bottles. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am using Similac for my girl. So far ok but it really depends on baby. Must monitor poop.

I am using Medela bottles with pigeon narrow neck teats (medela teats are too ex!). Now slowly changing to NUK teats cos' I like the hole which releases the air so the teat won't collapse.

IKEA high chair works well for me so far [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But not for plump babies though.

Hi angeline su, I suggest u can try MAM anti-colic bottles. I find them really good in terms of 'air-releasing'.

hi rabbitbaby,

ya times fly too fast! my baby just turned 8 mths last Sunday. at the moment now she's experiencing lil bit of separation anxiety. she can't see me arnd. if she see me she'll definitely want me to carry her n will wail if I ignore. somehow I love it! at least she noe I'm de closest to her. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hows ur baby doing?

Hi Nurul,

Bb is 7mths 2 weeks old now. Mine is learning to crawl now, doing her backwards crawl daily. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Already taking porridge & purees that I'm cooking for her daily.

Food Taken so far:

1. Beetroots

2. Sweet Potatoes & Potatoes

3. Carrots

4. Broccoli

5. Pumpkins & Butternut Squash

6. Baby Spinach

7. Apples & Pears

HOw bout urs? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mommies! I have not logged in for very long.

BOTTLES

am using pigeon PPSU bottles (yellow) as I think sO far only PIGEON has this material.

My baby will turn 8 months next week and so far she has taken a lot of food (fruits, vege & meat)

So happy that she's growing up really well but also more mischievous! Haha!

Oh mommies! Btw great news if you have not bought high chair.

Robinsons is having promo for CHICCO POLLY MAGIC high chair. Retail at $399 and they are selling at $189!!

Superb deal!

I had done lots of research for high chair and this one is not bad.

You can google for this chair for yourself.

Oh and the stock is running low. My hubby bought it today and the first thing the sales said was: WAIT LET ME CHECK IF THERE'S STILL STOCK.

Good luck mommies!

Thanks for letting us know about the high chair offer, winny! But my hubby just went to buy the ikea high chair. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My boy is having teeth! Just saw whitish part of his lower front teeth peeking out of the gums! So far he hasnt had much teething issues (thank goodness!). Happy that can give him more solids from now on [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies

Time flies! Mine jus turn 8 mths few days back n his lower 2 front teeth is peeking out from his gums too! Instead of crawling, he seems like 'leaping' fwd.. now he can stand while holding on to sthg n is more mischievous n he like ppl to carry him esp me! When I left him in playpen he'll wail loudly! Notice his milk intake drops but if he wan to slp, he'll still has e habit to to be breastfed till slp... But when put him back to cot he'll be awake agn!!

hi everybody,

its has been a long whicle since i last logged in.

my baby is now coming to 8mths next week.

so far, has started on solids. she is both ok on cereal and porridge. Also introduced the following:

apple

pear

avocado

spinach

pumpkin

potato

sweet potato

banana

fish

chicken

pork

ikan bilis (i grind into powder)

i will also use the chicken or pork to cook porridge using slow cooker.

as for teething, she has 4 teeth right now (2 top and 2 bottom). and 2 lateral top incisors is popping already. so far teething no problem except may wake up more frequently at night and whined. no crying so after i latched her on for a while, she okay.

she has started crawling and learning to stand by her own. and getting extremely mobile.

feeding time is becoming very challenging becuase once i put her in her bumbo chair, she will be okay for the first few spoons. after that, she will crawl and stand herself out of the bumbo chair and difficult to feed already.

i ordered a ikea high chair and i hope she will find it innovative and sit in there at least for 3/4 of the meal. otherwise, difficult !and she gets bored very easily too!

would like to know if any mummies have this challenge like mine!

Woohooo, seems like quite a number of babies are teething already. Mine is a drooling machine now, but, I dun see any pearlies peeking out yet.

My girlie still not crawling, but she can stand with support, and she has also been trying to pull herself up. I heard that some babies will skip the crawling stage and proceed straight to standing & walking.. Hope mine will not skip it tho. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh ya, 1 thing bout cooking chicken for our babies. I heard that it's not very advisable to give babies chicken so soon nowadays as most chickens are injected with hormone pills to make them plumper for sales. The hormones injection will actually cause our children to 'mature' faster in tat sense. I really dunno how true it is. But, I have a few seen a few cases whereby the puberty for the girls came early (8-10 yrs old). Altho puberty does happen tat early, but, I believe that during our times (I'm a 80's baby), puberty at P2-P4 is rather rare. But, it seems quite the norm nowadays.

For me, I'd rather be safe than sorry. So far have only been using veg stock for my bb's porridge.

Hi rabbitbaby,

Oh ok that's food for thought. Thank you for sharing !

Yes better be safe than sorry.

Could I ask wat veg do you use to make the veg stock ?

My girl is going to be 8 mts in another 12 days. She has two pearlie at the bottom gum.

She still cant crawl as well bt can stand very well with support.

I would cook the porridge with pork and fish. would put the pork one side and feed her with the fish and vegetable puree.

I do not give her chicken as well, reason same as rabbitbaby

Hi Hoppy,

I'm using Potatos, Pumpkins, Carrots plus a little of big onions & tomatoes. Put everything together in the Double Boiler, then I'll boil for around 1.5hrs.

Back