(2011/09) Sep 2011

@Yuuri: I know..but they look so new and nice leh. Throw away like a wastage of world resouces! Hahah..me and my crap.

Okie. I shall be good and buy new bottles for my #2.

I will recommend u gal to buy manducal carrier there a shop at square where u can try out after ur bb are born. As manducal can evenly spread out bb weight and u will not feel any strain after long hour of carry

When bb is newborn best to use sling so the baby will feel more comfortable as it will be close to our body

Hi Yuuri, welcome! I have the same EDD as you and wow you already know the gender of bb??? Cool...,

Thanks all for the advice on the sling, will check out all those brands you mentioned [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Off to the gynae..., don't know why every time at his clinic I will go into sudden hypertension with fast pulse rate and high bp..., too Kan cheong...

Rumi : yes confirm it's Quinny buzz. I have paid just short of receiving it.earliest delivery shd be sat. but i requested to be in July.

Incl all the basic accessories (rain cover,shopping basket,bag to attach at the bottom behind shoppin basket, extra cushion seat to be used when bb is bigger or when the other one is being washed)

I did my calculations and thought it's still worth it compared to mothercare sale (duno how early you have to go and only brown).taka still has selection s of colours but limited as they are old stocks. but still nicer than just all brown. if u have taka card, still have extra 6% rebate to redeem vouchers.

$839 is before taka 10%.

But at the moment no 10% percent for members umless u borrow staff card.

Pommes : you can google omshivayoga.

$300 for ten lessons (1 hr). but if u just want to try 1 -2 classes .let me know. i have their package( just bgt 80hrs worth of classes just before i found out i was pregnant) Can share with anyone. Just need to pay me how much you use. they are flexible in this manner [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wife was pregnant herself last year.

prenatal classes only mon,thurs, sat as of date.

Am tinking to get the stroller after full mth.. Do anyone tink it's a gd idea? Hoping to let BB try wat we like.. If nit, we like it but BB dun fancy staying inside... Will be so heartpain to spend the kind of money to b a white elephant..

Dinner Alone with BB.. Baking pasta.. Nowsaday can't seem to stomach in Chinese foods [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] always ate alil den push it far away...

Hb was complaining BB will not enjoy alots of foods with nutrients if I kept eating western foods nw..

Blossomsbb : yeah taka also has that philips avent sterilizer package. just cant rem off hand. but all their package products are super good deal(i feel) if you are like first time mummies. some come with stuff that some of you may not need.

will go back to taka soon . will buy some milk bottles first most probably. this time will look more closely and bring a list before i go down.

SJ : yeah precisely saw so many cute stuff but mum warned me abt buying .says now nobody know's i'm preg yet.once they know, they will start to pass down lots of stuff,esp clothes . so i'm controlling. just buy bottles. then mb will get some things as gifts.

sterlizer will not buy.will tahan a while with boiling.and wait for next sale if really need..

carrier : gave it up for now.best to try with baby i thought. mb someone will pass down haha

def no slings also.

Sung : yeah same for my hb. he doesn't like crowds, same for me. usually i do all the usual shopping myself ..even for his necessities.

now he doesnt even know how the stroller i bgt looks like.haha

Pommes: lucky u got cab before it started raining. i left to teach in the heavy rain.

Seems to catch a little sniffles, plus feeling headache coming..hope it's not the flu.

cancelled my last student to come home too.

simbaobao: no prob to get stroller later . my fren only got stroller after bb was 6 mths i think.

cos most standard strollers are not suitable for new borns anyway.

for me, i just want to get that out of the way and concentrate on other things later. ifn ot i wil keep thinking abt it .

pommes : u better get your back checked out soonish. cos when the bb gets bigger, def going to have pressure on your lower back.

i was told by fitness pp 2 very impt parts of body to strengthen are our lower back and abds before getting pregnant. mb a bit late to mention now. but i'm sure remedies can be done to strengthen back still.

Pooh,

Thanks for updating! You're in the Aug'11 fb also right? Just added you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Blossomsbb,

How's ur gynae visit? Spotted gender yet? I'm abit disappointed to have another boy though...

Simbaobao,

By all means get stroller later..cos first few months you won't go out that much with baby. And when you do, baby is still very light, not so taxing yet.

Bunnz,

For my #1, we actually bought the sterilizer at the baby expo fair in March, but arranged for delivery/collection closer to due date so the warranty only starts when we collect.

Back from gynae! Found a fibroid..., sigh

Baby was totally not cooperative..., was lying on back like tarepanda!!!! Gender identification mission FAILED!!!!! Groannnnnn

Took a flu vaccination jab..., left arm sore now..., [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Wow, so many mths now? So good can know bb gender [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

#2,

In case u missed my earlier post. Was asking where can can try different pump from hospital... Pls advice... Thanks! ;)

Now tummy so big that pple Tot I'm 5-6 mth P. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Also, I realized I love Almond... From almond milk to almond jelly to almond soy bean... Gosh... Any mummies here like almond? My brothers n I r so unlike from our parents... My parents say almond smell like coaches.. I disagree .. Haha ..

Jennifer, so sorry did not notice that you asked me about the pumps. I delivered at TMC. I tried out the Medela & Avent at TMC's Parentcraft. You have to pay $10 for the disposable funnel/bottles to try the pump but I think it's worth it cos you are gonna invest in a few hundred dollar machine :D

Yuuri,

How many mths r u now? It's ok if u get prince again this time. Try again for a 3rd one. Jia You! For me, I've 2 princesses n I'm dying for a prince. So far, all signs show bb gal again... I tell hubby this time gal again, I also dun care... Gonna stop!!! Hehe.. ;)

Just had a long discussion with hub on where to stay when I come back to sg, he seemed so worried on his mums reaction! Sibei sian, I cannot understand why my mil die die has to make me stay with her when there's obviously no space in her house, my mil thinks I cannot stay with my mum cos I already married off, seriously, what age are we in Liao? Why is her brain so old fashioned sigh! I very worried she drama again this time round

hello all,

Back from my sentosa getaway! My daughter had a great birthday celebration. hee hee.. and it is back to work for me tomorrow.. sian.. wow.. the thread is moving so fast these days! Feels like the early days of my other thread. heehee

RE: Pump

Dual is definitely better. Different pumps works for different pple. I swop pumps with my colleague before just because i was curious over ameda and she was curious over my medela. End up ameda gave me 20 ml more milk but for her is no difference. another colleague borrowed my pump and found that the medela freestyle gave her more milk than her PIS. Guess we dont have standardise boobs.. hee hee

For testing of breast pumps, other than TMC's parent craft, the breastfeeding org will have the most variety to test. Do note that they advise not to keep the milk cos used by too many pple already.

Re: Prenatal Massage

I signed up with rustic nirvana for my #1. Will be going back to finish up my package. Honestly, i felt that they are too expensive but i signed up the other time cos they are quite known for prenatal massage and being first time mum, i was quite apprehensive to try the home based types. by the way, $120 for trial is expensive. Dont bother unless u can get like $28 or $38 for trial. Can only start in wk 20 and cant go after wk 32. They are quite strict on it. Think only bellies mom allow to massage after wk 32.Anyway, i go for TCM tui na also, the lady also ask me to go only somewhere in wk 20.heh.. backache is starting and running after my gal on weekends plus working long hrs on weekdays is making it worse.. sigh.

Thanks all for the feedback... Shall buy the stroller after birth den... Trying to organize the Hse now to clear aways unwanted stuffs but everytings Juz seem so wanted n needed... If dun clear den will have no space to put bb's stuffs...

Did u specially buy a new cupboard or wardrobe just for BB? I told hb I tinking to buy the toyogo 5 tier cupboards so tat it can b push ard 1st then later on when BB had stable down in size den we get a better wardrobe to keep baby Clothings n stuffs... If not, BB kept growing den I have to keep changing Clothings in the wardrobe...keeping aways the cannot fit clothing... My idea is placing NB to 3 mth out then replaced another 3 mth sizing clothing to swap so that I can keep those cannot fit clothing away... Mmm sound weird????

Vick: u coming bk Sg for good?? Or to deliver? Or for confinment... Mmm if Ur mil Pl really no space den u should go bk to Ur mum Pl.. If not, how to rest n take care of bb? I definately cannot take it, i will go crazy as if my oxygen is all taken aways n got to put up with ppl's attitude...

So Wat if u r married? Ur parent din sold u to Ur hb's family eh.. Seriously dun understand y some ils had such tinking.. Married alrdy den can't get close to own family...

My mil oso will qnz whose bday or Wat occasion when hb told her we r dinning with my family.. As if only had occasion den can eat together... But oh well I understand y ...coz even normal days they dun sit down n eat together... Not even wkend or have reunion dinner during cny ...

simbaobao, I bought the toyogo 5 tier cupboard too for my 1st child and intend to do the same for 2nd baby. No point in buying those cupboard or wardrobe bcos I find those need to use hanger. Only the tier cupboard allows u to fold the baby clothings and stack them. If u confirm buying toyogo brand, just to share, pls go to buy from their warehouse at Toa Payoh, the price is soooooo much cheaper than the same cupboard if u buy from NTUC. Also,,if you go to their warehouse to buy, u can buy pail or other household plastic items that u need too. I bought big transparent box too to stuff my gal's toys/books and now she is pasting stickers all over the transparent box now...so my mentality is also when she grows up, I can throw away these boxes and buy bed frame and cupboard for them to use.

Morning

Asura: U must have had a ball of a time! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] well relaxed and roaring [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ohh thanks for more insight on pumps.

do u advise getting pumps before birth or after?

I just recd a rustic trial prenatal at $38 i think.came tog with dumex pack.

will go try it out in wk20.

bunnz,

Yup yup... am good for work today and tomorrow and then it is weekend again! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For pumps, there's no strict rule to before or after. The benefits of having the pump before birth is that the pump is always there and u can use it to try increase the supply every time after latching. Buying after means u have to wait and there may not be a 2nd hand under warranty that's readily available or if u want to import from US, u dont have the time to wait. I got my hb to bring back from US at birth.

Dont worry abt warranty if buy from US. My colleague bought hers from US and the motor did break down during the 1 yr warranty. She mailed it back to them and they mail her a brand new one so all she had to pay was the shipping cost which was abt S$100+. She prefers the US one cos the SG one if under warranty, they repair nia, they dont replace.

@Asura - Glad to know you had a great time with your family. Reading it makes me also crave for a holiday. Will be planning one next month. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My backaches have gone for now, managed to get some quality rest last night without cringing with pain each time I turn or flip.

I just read from the Oct thread on a scary encounter with a lady whose gynae had advised her to do a D&C becos the baby is growing at a slower rate, even though there is heartbeat detected. Luckily she consulted a 2nd gynae opinion who told her that the baby is doing ok, just need to monitor.

Morning ladies!

My son brought a baby quail back after his school excursion and the irritating bird is chirping non-stop......... Feel like making BBQ quail!!

morning mummies.. didnt sleep well last night, backache..

gina, oh dear.. how come the 1st gynae like that.. bb is still alive what!!

Morning ladies,

@asura. Thanks for the tips. Buying from US is so much cheaper too. I intend to buy the Avent Isis duo which #2 recommended and that's less than 400 sin aft conversion. My only concern is the plug. Does the plug or pin fits inTo Singapore ones? Medela freestyle has v gd review too.

@Gina yessss I read abt that too. The mummy muz have felt devastrated upon hearing that n luckily she got a 2 nd opinion!

#2 haha your son v cute. I can understand how u feel. My fil used to have champion birds in the house and they start their chorus at 6 in the morning. Luckily he shifted his birds elsewhere or else I will go mad.

igop, you can get the converter for US plug at Sim Lim. $10 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Cos I bought quite a few appliances from US and my hubby went to Sim LIm to get the converter for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My dad used to have a lot of champion birds too. Then he stopped bringing them home after they mysteriously died.... HAHAHA!!!

Me and my mum's doing... we couldn't stand the noise so we scared the birds everyday :p

Good morn ladies!

Seriously, I hate to go work now. Now becoz of the workload but the Kay POs!!! When they saw my big tummy, they asked,"Wow! Look like 5-6 mths!" then the next Q is, "boy or gal??"

Pls la, I'm only 3 mths P. How do I know???!!!

So annoying!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Also, I got a shock when I look at the mirror this morn! Not only I look like an elephant, I had big n painful pimples on my chin n 1pm my nose. Face has been getting v v v oily these days.... Sigh.... Really ugly sight... Who say P woman is beautiful??!! Haha.. I'm certainly not the case...

Jennifer, hormone changes in first tri is like that.... I also get a lot of small pimples which normally don't have any at all one....

Worst part is.... these pimples won't go away after facial!!

#2 wow that gives me another reason to buy from US n not from uk. Uk more ex ard 500 bucks but their plug is the same as sin ones.

Scared the birds! So funny. If the birds die my fil sure v upset. Even the bird cages cost him 1k plus each.

igop, my dad still dunno who is the culprit. He thought that the neighbours spray insecticide then the insecticide landed in his birds' food and they died from poisoning... hahaha...

Now he keeps his birds at my uncle's house... hahahah...

@ jenn . I Also suddenly have 1 Hugh pimple on my forehead, n it's hurt. My tummy not showing at all n it's totally flat. I'm quite paranoid n think is my Bb growing well? So I wish I can hAve your look like 5-6 mth tummy.

My frens also ask me boy or gal. I guess they are juz being curious la. Dun take it to heart. Chill. Ever since I become pregnant, I become uglier. I dun bother to dress up , hair look messy n I become v hairy. Look like a caveman man. Dun know whether it's bcos of ms that makes me tired all the time or hormones that's transforming me. V unglam leh.

igop: u are not alone.. keke.. coz i also... during #1, i also super lazy to dress up... even go to orchard, i also anyhow wear. i cfm it's not the MS. coz the whole #1 preg, i'm super unglam! hahaha.

#2,

I have not been to facial since my P. Was thinking of visiting one after 1st tri. Any mummy has any idea why I look like 5-6 mths when I'm only 3mths now? It's getting crazy n pple ard me keep asking me so many Q... I really hate it....

Also, the painful ulcers on my tongue are so Errrgggg!!!!

This P is so crazy..... :/

@igop - haha you're so funny the way you describe yourself as cavewoman. I think you will eventually have the preg glow in mid-2nd tri onwards. My skin is also breaking out these days but I've had sensitive skin to begin with.

Do you girls still wear makeup? I suppose minimal ones are still safe?

My bump is also getting bumpier. Haha, they say how you tell a baby bump from a normal fat belly is that the baby bump tends to be harder. Mine feels relatively hard, hope it's not from constipation. Haha

Hi 5 Igop n Christ,

Same here! I simply do not Like to dress up now. In fact, I look 10 yrs older.... Dun bother to dress n simply grabbed anything to wear.... V unglam now but who cares??!! Hehe....

The Kay POs r jus too Kay PO loh... Keep yakking away ... My face remain unchanged... Imagine that... They were yakking non stop while I looked dead to them... Wahahah....

Jennifer Chng,

Maybe because this is ur 3rd so the tummy more obvious. No choice lah.. some women are like that.. some of my colleagues got questioned before they even test positive. End up they are the few who bloat as soon as they got preggie.

gina christine,

wah... the mummy must have changed gynae as well. I think if i am in her position, will also go for 2nd opinion. D&C is talking abt a life. slow only wat.. as long as in the end normal can liao.

Asura,

Bloat? As in feel bloated? Yes! I have this too ... Lots of gas inside n keep letting it out... Is it the wind that makes my tummy big? I dun think my bb is that big since we r all only 3-4 mths now...

igop,

I cant advise for the plug of avent isis. But for medela freestyle, because it is meant to be a traveller's breastpump, it works on rechargeable battery. Dont need to get an adaptor cos no issues on voltage. Just get the normal traveller's plug would do.

P00h, no i was too late for tht. tht why i takin tiple blood tes nex week.

congrats yuri. did u get the gender u wan?

jennifer chng,

some mummies feel and look bloated. But with 3 kids, the stomach muscles probably had loosen a lot. So might be more obvious this round for u. Yah... baby size probably normal size.

@Gina Caveman description is bcos I become more hairy. My eyebrow super messy. Last time 2 weeks groom 1 time. Now every few days I see mirror , bloomz !

Abt Bb bump, last time my tummy is flabby kind but now it has harden up. I suppose that's Bb bump?

Back