(2011/06) June 2011

chil, usually no promotions for NB / S size diapers... Supermarkets only have discounts for M & above. I just stock up 10pcks of pampers for #1, was so cheap that island wide no stock...

JJ> Received your card no.

Eleen> Oh?? JJ just given me her card no.

U also a member?? Hehehe if u dun mind drop me your mobile no. so I can use in it too.. LOL I so Kiasu ask for 2 back up.

e'leen, two wks ago there was a promo in ntuc. huggies S was selling at 2 packs for $18 or sth.. then MP also hv offer for newborn diapers. so tempted to get by then. but i told myself dont be crazy still got +4 mths to go lar! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw, chil, huggies and drypers cutting very small, so don get too many nb and S size. Mamy poko having promo from S size onwards at Ntuc, today last day. I'm not in a hurry to get the diapers cos usually diapers promotions are on and off.

JJ, me will be like tat after #2 come out! ya, agreed on the cutting prob. my #1 using huggies + she got big butt, got to use one size bigger than my neice who is just one mth older than her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i dont think will get much NB size for #2, probably S size more.

chil, i paid about 17cents per piece for pamper (orange). they will have promotion every now & then la... plus you wun know if that particular brand is suitable for bb anot...

e'leen, i tried on orange pampers to my gal cos given by my neighbour who bot wrong size. but end up she got rashes, so no dare to try le.. the cutting also smaller than the normal pampers.

qiuen, just general info sharing. no buying yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya chil, cos with 2kids + 1bb coming along, i rather order online and get the pple to deliver diapers and fm to my hse rather than i carry all the way from supermarket, :p

yesyes, christy, mothercare rompers very worth to buy, no need headache to choose the designs and price is good for good quality rompers, can you imagine the same mothercare rompers had been worn by 4 kids (my kids, my niece and nephew), lol!

JJ: oh can you please PM me your mothercare membership? Thanks.

Shall check out their rompers. Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

eleen, i drop by my parents hse every evening (6-7). Wat time will u b hm?

christy, mp = mamy poko

re newborn diapers

When I delivered 3 years ago at TMC, the hospital provided a pack of newborn Pampers. They only used a few pcs during my stay there so it was almost one full pack. Perhaps mummies should try not overstock on NB sizes cos your bb might outgrow very fast, esp if you also intend to use cloth diapers.

Hi everyone!!

Qiuen, can help me update!! I'm having a baby girl! Actually, I typed this entry on my phone, but cannot remember if I posted it!!

My DS was over pretty quick...cos baby was sooo active...didn't stop moving...so was easy for sonographer to get all the shots she needed...

Oh, most masseuse I know only speak Malay, but I have one who does post-natal massages for a lot of Chinese ladies, including expats. She real busy though, but if you want her number, can leave me a pm!

My massage lady is booked by my MIL. So i trust her judgement.

Syrah, I believe that we are blessed with the natural instincts and bodily 'tools' to provide with the best for our baby/babies, it's just that we came without manuals! True, we can indulge our babies with material stuff, but true life experiences grounded with strong values will go a long way... =)

That being said, I couldn't help it but click on a few cute dresses and rompers online! Hehehe...but hubby kept reminding me, dun go overboard ah...keep it to less than $10 per piece...lol, he is sooo misinformed.

Anyway, so far, I gained about 5 kg in total. Everything is normal after the detailed scan and consultation. Finally signed up for maternity package too, at 20 weeks...Now it's just a matter of enjoying my pregnancy and praying that everything goes smoothly till baby comes out!

Breast Pad> Do we have to buy this now cause anytime we may leak? My mum tell me to get one to put in my bag...

Which brand is recommended and washable.

Christy, the most popular & so called best is Pigeon disposable breast pad.

Morning.

Rat> So must buy ah.... If want to get the washable type le what brand is better.

Not sure the washable or the disposable tyle is better.

Facebook> Hmmm do we have a SMH June 2011 MTB Group?

Christy,

Not that I know of! Anyone knows how to create one??

Re: breast pad

Your mum says to put one in your bag. R u referring to the hospital bag? So fast milk supply will kick in? I'm praying hard it'll kick in at all let alone enough to leak.

Syrah> She mean put in my handbag at least a pair cause leaking will kick in when we are 6 mths big. She last time dun know so now she tell me to inform me.... She told me if I dare to put the pad in the open later will see the breastmilk turn to pinkish... containing blood...

I read in a magazine also say we will leak in later part of preggy.

Christy, I cant comment much on washable ones as i use disposable one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rat> Thanks... I will keep a look out on the mention product [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Today I not working later go JB w mom she driving LOL. First time drink Similac Mum now.... I mix few spoon of the powder to my milo since I cannot take full milk.

Christy,

Oic. Yes shld need breast pad then. Have fun in JB! Hb & I were still thinking to go in to check out if anything worth buying there for baby. Do keep me informed if u see anything worth it!

Syrah> I told mom maybe can get something in JB she say JB bb product she dun trust better buy in SG. She somemore a Malaysian... hahahaha.

I was at bugis yesterday... got bb white top and pants... 3 for S$11 so my mum choose I pay. Its on sale at the BGH level 3 if not wrong.

Christy,

I agree with her as to consumables like milk powder. But I'm sure things like breast pad & diapers it's ok.

Syrah.... Hehehe lucky my mom she not those aunty say cannot this cannot that. Maybe is the fact she had me when she is 21yr old.... young hor....

Hanis,wah...so good!ur bb girl very obedient!I m telling my bb now to prepare for the 25th Jan scan..please be good...

Now,u can not only shop for ur clothes,u can by some pretty sweet bb clothes..^-^

Clare,

same same...i'm telling mine to please cooperate for 25th Jan scan too! cant wait!

Btw, ladies, I'm trying to create a FB account for this thread. I'm not exactly tech savvy but think I need a couple of your email address to add as members first in order to create the group. Can I have some of your FB email to start off with? Can pm to me. Thanks!

morning mummies. busy friday lar!

christy, happy shopping in JB. do checkout the UdaOcean @ Angsana if you hv chance. so far their bb stuff are cheaper among all the shopping centre. you can buy those brand we seen in SG like tollyjoy, anaku etc.. i bot quite a few stuffs from there when i got my #1 tat time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

clare & syrah, i gave up guessing my bb gender, cos tis lil' one always like to show its big round head in the normal gynae scan. worst than my #1, atleast she show her BUTT. Now all wait for detail scan in 11 Feb to reveal the result!

syrah, thanks~ pm'ed u too!

regards breastpad, i no leak type. even when i breastfeeding, despite very full or encorg, there is no single drop came out. only once / twice incident when it leak by itself throughout the whole 2 yrs of journey. i end up giving a few boxes of breast pad away.

Good news ladies! The FB account has been created.

U should be able to search for it: MTB June 2011

Send a request from your FB to join the group. Cya soon! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For those ladies who pm me your email, I added you to my personal list of friends in FB. But I don't think you'll in the June Group thread yet. You'll still need to search for the group in order to join it from there.

Sorry for the inconvenience as E'leen Lau's pm came in first and I used hers to add as member. But for subsequent ones, I cant seem to add all of you into the group without a request from u.

thanks Syrah for setting it up, i'm in the FB's group now! now we have another avenue to chat and share info! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] June MTB, pls join!

lobang from Playtex Singapore

------------

There's a baby products warehouse sale going on!

Date: 21st Jan - 22nd Jan, 10am - 8pm

Address: 514 Chai Chee Lane #06-06 Bedok Ind. Estate

...Enjoy up to 80% off maternity wear, toys, playgym, stroller, buggy, baby control video, carseat, booster, sterilizer and warmer.

Cash and NETS payment only.

Call 6445 5778 for enquiries.

Hi mummies, im a Nov 10 mum. My gal has outgrown her newborn n 0-3 mths clothes. I feel very wasted to throw as some worn less than 5 times. Do pm me if interested. Abt 20 pcs.

syrah and clare,

hey our DS all on 25th Jan?? Me too!

Super excited already =)

ok will join FB group soon.. i think i can't recognize ple's real name v.s. forum nicks after this. ahaha

I have joined the FB page [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

JJ: thanks for PMing me your memb no.

Btw was at Kiddy palace earlier this week. I am so confused by the many types of milk bottles. Guess every kid has their likings? So shouldnt buy that many first???

quien, for a start, get 2-4 125ml avent ones first (i got nuk ones cos the ml is longer, 150ml, keke), I prefer either avent or nuk bottles, but i realise nuk teats can last longer than avent teats, from my observation as #1 is using avent and #2 is using nuk. i start by getting 1 or 2 avent and pigeon/nuk, but in the end, my kids prefer avent or nuk, i guess it's the teat issue.

Back