Any mummies having problem with their pregnancy?

Hi All,

My period is always late and my LMP is on 25 Aug 2015.

I dont have much symtoms except urine more often in the midnight and sore breast.

Below is my story.

On 2 Oct - I got faint line positive for my pregnancy kit test in the morning. But during the night time i start to bleed so i thought my period came.

On 3 Oct - My bleeding stop in the the afternoon. So i start thinking it might not be my period and i decided to do another test next day morning.

On 4 Oct - I got 3 positive test result in the morning. I started to worried is it normal for me to bleeding that day? So i decided to went to a clinic and double check with it. Once i told the doc i get positive result for my test and he start to congrats me. Than the doc say since you are here why dont we do a test again. The pregnancy test turn negative. He told me i might have a miscarriage now. I ask him how could it possible when i just got 3 positive test just 1 hour ago. He just keep quiet and didnt say anything. Asking me to go for a gynae or kkh A&E to check again.

My hubby and i decided to to kkh hosp A&E for a check up. I took a urine test and is negative again. I wonder is because drink too much water earlier on. That doc just told me the result is negative and is still early for her to do anything because i'm still in my early pregnancy. Seriously she didnt did my blood test and scan she just say nothing she can do? But in the end she decided took a blood test to double check and My HCG level is 475.8. Than she did a trans-vaginal ultrasound on me and say cant find any baby in my uterus so i might have etopic pregnancy. Ask me to come back in next 2 days. My HCG did double up on 6 Oct.
I'm 5 weeks 5 days that day.

On 16 Oct - A lady took a trans-vaginal ultrasound on me. But she didnt tell me the result and ask me to come back next visit. She making me more nervous about the result. The next 4 days is like living in hell for me.

On 20 Oct - My doc did another trans-vaginal ultrasound on me and she found gestation sac & york sac in it. I'm 8 week.

On 30 Oct - Finally the fetal pole is out but only 2mm without any heartbeat yet. Doc told me if my baby still no heartbeat for my next visit on 19 Nov means my baby is not healthy at all. Right now i am very scare they will ask me to do d&c. Anyway i'm 9 week 3 day that day.

I was thinking to buy a fetal doppler and try to find a heartbeat while waiting. But i cant find it in any mothercare or robinson which i saw in other forum that they say i could get it from.

Anyone have similar problem like me?

Pls share your story with me too.

Last edited:

Hi, I'm sorry for your anxiety and I wish it was more clear cut for you.

I just want to say it's not wise to invest in a fetal doppler at this point. The earliest reliable period to hear a heartbeat via the doppler is 12-14mths, so using it now can lead to disappointment. The foetus' heart at this point is made up mostly of electrical impulses.

I hope you'll get good news in time to come.

Hi All,

My period is always late and my LMP is on 25 Aug 2015.

I dont have much symtoms except urine more often in the midnight and sore breast.

Below is my story.

On 2 Oct - I got faint line positive for my pregnancy kit test in the morning. But during the night time i start to bleed so i thought my period came.

On 3 Oct - My bleeding stop in the the afternoon. So i start thinking it might not be my period and i decided to do another test next day morning.

On 4 Oct - I got 3 positive test result in the morning. I started to worried is it normal for me to bleeding that day? So i decided to went to a clinic and double check with it. Once i told the doc i get positive result for my test and he start to congrats me. Than the doc say since you are here why dont we do a test again. The pregnancy test turn negative. He told me i might have a miscarriage now. I ask him how could it possible when i just got 3 positive test just 1 hour ago. He just keep quiet and didnt say anything. Asking me to go for a gynae or kkh A&E to check again.

My hubby and i decided to to kkh hosp A&E for a check up. I took a urine test and is negative again. I wonder is because drink too much water earlier on. That doc just told me the result is negative and is still early for her to do anything because i'm still in my early pregnancy. Seriously she didnt did my blood test and scan she just say nothing she can do? But in the end she decided took a blood test to double check and My HCG level is 475.8. Than she did a trans-vaginal ultrasound on me and say cant find any baby in my uterus so i might have etopic pregnancy. Ask me to come back in next 2 days. My HCG did double up on 6 Oct.
I'm 5 weeks 5 days that day.

On 16 Oct - A lady took a trans-vaginal ultrasound on me. But she didnt tell me the result and ask me to come back next visit. She making me more nervous about the result. The next 4 days is like living in hell for me.

On 20 Oct - My doc did another trans-vaginal ultrasound on me and she found gestation sac & york sac in it. I'm 8 week.

On 30 Oct - Finally the fetal pole is out but only 2mm without any heartbeat yet. Doc told me if my baby still no heartbeat for my next visit on 19 Nov means my baby is not healthy at all. Right now i am very scare they will ask me to do d&c. Anyway i'm 9 week 3 day that day.

I was thinking to buy a fetal doppler and try to find a heartbeat while waiting. But i cant find it in any mothercare or robinson which i saw in other forum that they say i could get it from.

Anyone have similar problem like me?

Pls share your story with me too.

Your dr doesn't sound too empathatic or concerned. Perhaps you should seek a second opinion elsewhere.

I would suggest a 2nd opinion surely.

I can recommend my gynae at Glen E if you're open to do so. He is a very kiasu doc which I like because he covers all grounds.

When I tested positive, the next moment I went to KKH and have my ultrasound scan. They did the normal scanning but couldn't have the foetus and did a trans-vaginal scan. They scanned bout 5-10 mins and they told me couldn't find the foetus. And suggested me to do the blood test. When I got the first result, doc told me is 400 plus and will double up every 2 days. So went back to get the result after 2 days. The hormones when up to 900 plus. The wait for the blood test is driving me crazy. I hope it's good news for you when you go for your visit to the Doctor.

no point getting a consumer fetal doppler because they cannot pick up any heart beats during first trimester...

for me, my first trimester very bad MS until gynae gives me 1 month hospital leave to rest at home. everyday eat about half bowl of porridge. i even fainted and fell down before. now i'm at 2nd trimester, no more MS, appetite is back but have very bad backache. i also fainted and fell down... i guess my body cannot support myself and my twins

My fetal pole remain 2mm with no heartbeat. Was given medicine to stop my pregnancy today. Seriously today is the worst day of my life.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Hope you'll find support and care from your other half. If you can, a mini confinement will do your health good. Take care dear.

Hi Crystal8989, you are not alone.

I have very regular cycles, On 5 Sep when my period was due, I tested and it was a big fat negative. I tested almost every other day, spent at least $200 over on pregnancy test kits! Finally on 19th Sep, I finally tested positive.

I went to Dr Adrian Tan at TMC on 22nd Sep to do a bloodtest to confirm. Doc did a US and said by right, I was supposed to be in my 5th week of pregnancy based on LMP, but looking at the US, there's nothing except thickening of lining. Went back on 24th Sep to do another bloodtest and confirm that my HCG levels are rising normally. Scheduled to go back and see him 2 weeks later (week 7).

I went back on week 7, he mentioned to me that I was having an elongated sac which didn't look good and he couldn't seem to see anything. Told me likely its not a viable pregnancy. I was so crushed! I couldn't believe it and made an appointment to get a second opinion.

The next day, I went to Dr Tony Tan at Raffles Women's Clinic, and guess what. He found my baby with a heartbeat! He mentioned that based on the size of the fetus I should only be at week 5 of pregnancy.

I decided to change my gynae to Dr Ben Tham at TMC as I still prefer to go back to TMC to do delivery, 2 weeks later I saw him and guess what? He said my baby's heartbeat stopped. and looking at the size of the baby, it probably just stopped beating a day or 2 ago. I was so devastated.... I told him to do what he could to save my baby, he told me he'll put me on duphaston and a jab of prosterogen but he said it probably wouldn't do anything, but that was my last chance! The very next day, I consulted Dr Tony again to confirm, and its true, my baby was gone.

After a week, I went back to Ben and from the US we could see that my baby's tissues has started to degenerate and it looks like a black bean now instead of the baby shape it used to look like. I scheduled for a D&C to be done on 2nd Nov as Dr Ben mentioned my fetus was a lil big (12.6mm) to be fully passed out naturally.

I cried day and night since I was 7 weeks pregnant. After my D&C, my MIL came over and did a mini-confinement for me for a week before I went back to work. I try not to think about my baby so I won't feel upset, but people around me always tell me "you're still young, can try again, don't give up". It really isn't about trying again, but I lost my baby! How can I possibly be "OK?"

My husband is worried sick about me and I know it, he says I don't behave normally but I can't control it. One night after I took my shower I told him that i felt my baby was in the toilet looking at me when I was in the shower. Another night I just stared into the sky and asked my hubby if he thinks our baby is waiting for me to meet him in heaven? Till now, I have to hug the baby romper that I bought for my baby to sleep.

I want to try again for a baby but I'm scared that this will happen again, it is too traumatising and I don't think I can handle another disappointment.

I can't say that I am better now, and I am still telling myself to stay strong. I hope you find comfort in your hubby, without my hubby I think I'd be a goner.

Hi Crystal8989, you are not alone.

I have very regular cycles, On 5 Sep when my period was due, I tested and it was a big fat negative. I tested almost every other day, spent at least $200 over on pregnancy test kits! Finally on 19th Sep, I finally tested positive.

I went to Dr Adrian Tan at TMC on 22nd Sep to do a bloodtest to confirm. Doc did a US and said by right, I was supposed to be in my 5th week of pregnancy based on LMP, but looking at the US, there's nothing except thickening of lining. Went back on 24th Sep to do another bloodtest and confirm that my HCG levels are rising normally. Scheduled to go back and see him 2 weeks later (week 7).

I went back on week 7, he mentioned to me that I was having an elongated sac which didn't look good and he couldn't seem to see anything. Told me likely its not a viable pregnancy. I was so crushed! I couldn't believe it and made an appointment to get a second opinion.

The next day, I went to Dr Tony Tan at Raffles Women's Clinic, and guess what. He found my baby with a heartbeat! He mentioned that based on the size of the fetus I should only be at week 5 of pregnancy.

I decided to change my gynae to Dr Ben Tham at TMC as I still prefer to go back to TMC to do delivery, 2 weeks later I saw him and guess what? He said my baby's heartbeat stopped. and looking at the size of the baby, it probably just stopped beating a day or 2 ago. I was so devastated.... I told him to do what he could to save my baby, he told me he'll put me on duphaston and a jab of prosterogen but he said it probably wouldn't do anything, but that was my last chance! The very next day, I consulted Dr Tony again to confirm, and its true, my baby was gone.

After a week, I went back to Ben and from the US we could see that my baby's tissues has started to degenerate and it looks like a black bean now instead of the baby shape it used to look like. I scheduled for a D&C to be done on 2nd Nov as Dr Ben mentioned my fetus was a lil big (12.6mm) to be fully passed out naturally.

I cried day and night since I was 7 weeks pregnant. After my D&C, my MIL came over and did a mini-confinement for me for a week before I went back to work. I try not to think about my baby so I won't feel upset, but people around me always tell me "you're still young, can try again, don't give up". It really isn't about trying again, but I lost my baby! How can I possibly be "OK?"

My husband is worried sick about me and I know it, he says I don't behave normally but I can't control it. One night after I took my shower I told him that i felt my baby was in the toilet looking at me when I was in the shower. Another night I just stared into the sky and asked my hubby if he thinks our baby is waiting for me to meet him in heaven? Till now, I have to hug the baby romper that I bought for my baby to sleep.

I want to try again for a baby but I'm scared that this will happen again, it is too traumatising and I don't think I can handle another disappointment.

I can't say that I am better now, and I am still telling myself to stay strong. I hope you find comfort in your hubby, without my hubby I think I'd be a goner.

By saying we're still young won't get us much support at all. They will never understand what we're feeling now.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Hope you'll find support and care from your other half. If you can, a mini confinement will do your health good. Take care dear.

Hi cressymama,

I have no idea what should i do for my mini confinement? Should i do it after my bleeding stop? Or right now? My bleeding have not stop yet.

My doc even told me is normal to have miscarriage as every 5 out of 1 pregnancy there will be one miscarriage. I wonder why she telling this when i am already crying in her room. Seriously this doesn't make feel better at all. I think my baby have stop growing long ago. Maybe she didn't find it at my first appointment with her.

Hi cressymama,

I have no idea what should i do for my mini confinement? Should i do it after my bleeding stop? Or right now? My bleeding have not stop yet.
There are tingkat services available on confinement food. I've not tried those but I heard you can order 2-week package. Both my MCs my mil made the food for me though. I started the food right after my d&c (was bleeding). 1st MC for 1month. And the 2nd for 2weeks.

You're getting hospitalization leave I hope? Personally I feel confinement after an MC (or labour) is very important. Our body is at the weakest at this stage and it's the best time to absorb all the good tonics our body needs for our next pregnancy to come.

It is indeed common on MC. More common than we already thought so.
For now, I think it's best you focus on getting your health back. Of course, allow yourself to mourn meantime. It's part of the healing process. And I hope time will heal soon for you.

Actually mine is not minor issue with my pregnancy, just that i had been feeling cramps and pain on my lower abdominal even since from the day i get pregnant. Last few day, the pain was terrible, I can't move around and i tot i am going to give birth anytime. Even though my gynae told me it is normal, as baby is growing and thus our uterus is growing to have sufficient space for the baby. My gynae just told me not to climb the stairs, carry heavy things etc. But i still worry about it, does any mummies experience that also.

Actually mine is not minor issue with my pregnancy, just that i had been feeling cramps and pain on my lower abdominal even since from the day i get pregnant. Last few day, the pain was terrible, I can't move around and i tot i am going to give birth anytime. Even though my gynae told me it is normal, as baby is growing and thus our uterus is growing to have sufficient space for the baby. My gynae just told me not to climb the stairs, carry heavy things etc. But i still worry about it, does any mummies experience that also.
i do have sharp pain during the first trimester. sometimes so painful that i wake up from my sleep. my gynae told is normal though...
now in my second trimester, my lower pelvic near inner thigh is cramp-pain like that.. not sure what is going on, will ask my gynae tmr. i also taking pre-term prevention medication since last month because mine is twins.

How far along are you? Sounds like contraction pain but I'm sure your gynae knows best. Hope you're heeding his advice and resting loads. For me, I stop working for first trime. Need a stress-free and work-free environment for now.

How far along are you? Sounds like contraction pain but I'm sure your gynae knows best. Hope you're heeding his advice and resting loads. For me, I stop working for first trime. Need a stress-free and work-free environment for now.

Currently, i am 18 weeks only. But my gynae did told me, now alot of preggy women got premature labour. After i heard, i also start to get worry about it. Anyway, my EDD will is next yr apr, probably will start taking my ML in mid apr'16 to have a good rest at home till labour.

My doc even told me is normal to have miscarriage as every 5 out of 1 pregnancy there will be one miscarriage. I wonder why she telling this when i am already crying in her room. Seriously this doesn't make feel better at all. I think my baby have stop growing long ago. Maybe she didn't find it at my first appointment with her.

Hi Crystal

Sorry for the late reply. My dr gave me 1 week of hospitalisation leave after the D&C procedure, immediately after my surgery my MIL came over and did a mini-confinement for me for a week. Really helped a lot becos after my op I was in quite pain - cramps, womb feeling cold. After 2 days of confinement food, my womb actually felt better.

It will take time for us to heal and I hope you stay strong like I am trying to. Hubby broke news to me that 2 of my friends are preggy, one due in Apr and one in June. My heart sank at that time cos it came to me that if I didn't lose my baby I'd be due in May and we'll be giving birth consecutively. :(

Nevertheless, like what my dr told me, take time to grieve, and do whatever you need to release the emotions in you. The baby may be gone but you know he/she will always live in our hearts :)

I am starting to try again for another baby even though my first cycle hasn't started.

Hi Crystal

Sorry for the late reply. My dr gave me 1 week of hospitalisation leave after the D&C procedure, immediately after my surgery my MIL came over and did a mini-confinement for me for a week. Really helped a lot becos after my op I was in quite pain - cramps, womb feeling cold. After 2 days of confinement food, my womb actually felt better.

It will take time for us to heal and I hope you stay strong like I am trying to. Hubby broke news to me that 2 of my friends are preggy, one due in Apr and one in June. My heart sank at that time cos it came to me that if I didn't lose my baby I'd be due in May and we'll be giving birth consecutively. :(

Nevertheless, like what my dr told me, take time to grieve, and do whatever you need to release the emotions in you. The baby may be gone but you know he/she will always live in our hearts :)

I am starting to try again for another baby even though my first cycle hasn't started.

Hi Cressymama

Be strong and belief yourself that you can have another baby soon. Just take good care of your body and health.

I did lost my 9mths old baby, the feeling is more worst. i can still remember how we spend time together, have fun and laughter yet time is not enough for us to be together forever. And she left us at that moment, i can't take it too. But still i got to accept it, life still got to carry on. At times when alone, will still miss her. Looking back at her photos, clothes and toys will bring back those memories too. How to tell me not to think about it? But i belief she had become our angel in the heaven and looking after us.

Have faith in yourself and belief you can do it, even thought it is not easy to get over it. Take good care!!! :)

Hi Crystal

Hi Cressymama,

Is safe to to try again before first cycle?

Hi ladies,

My miscarriage bleeding end on 3/12. But now I start bleeding again, is it normal?
Coz frm what I know my period will only come in 4 weeks later right?

Currently, i am 18 weeks only. But my gynae did told me, now alot of preggy women got premature labour. After i heard, i also start to get worry about it. Anyway, my EDD will is next yr apr, probably will start taking my ML in mid apr'16 to have a good rest at home till labour.
if your gynae suspects u will premature labour, he/she will prescribe anti-premature labour pills for you to take. i been taking it since mid of 2nd trimester coz i'm having twins. and u also no need take ML, can request for HL from your gynae

Hi Crystal8989

My gynae mentioned that it is ok to try before the first cycle even arrives because "when your body is ready to conceive, you will conceive". That's what he told me :)

My first cycle came 4w3d after my D&C procedure.

Have you gone for your post-op review with your gynae?

Back