(2011/05) May 2011

Arisz I got my maid thru united channel at hougang green. Think I'm lucky cuz there wasn't much gd feedback abt the agency from what I read in this forum. And they only give u free replacement within 6mth so not very worth lah they agent fee..

Hello mummies!!

Been a few days that I din lOg in.. Now waiting for train to go home.. My Bb had fever last night and couldn't slept well.. Nearly wanted to head to KK.. Brought to PD and she mention it's viral infection.. Sigh. Even when Bb sick, she's still full of smiles & coos still. Heehe.

Sylvia: thanks! I would like to get 2-3 packs maybe, let me know if you are able to collate 30 items? Pls PM me as I may miss your post here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Little fly & Apple, thanks for the pointers, will take note,

Deon, yes pls, can u pm me? I roughly did one but need some more reference. Thanks!

Little fly & Apple, thanks for the pointers, will take note,

Deon, yes pls, can u pm me? I roughly did one but need some more reference. Thanks!

Oh, by the way, passport, we keep the original or make a copy?

Mummies who ordered the Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether, each cost US$19.88, so it will be S$24.85.

Apple

Angie

Yaer

kaykay

Mudppie

Sylvia

sunflower0121

My hb's colleague will be back next week.

Apple: thanks! Yup do let us know when to make payment. Btw yr bb ok with bottle feeding now? Mine rather dun drink le...cry till whole face red...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Moo: am on my way..dr phua is one of my bb pd...great doc...cos of him then I go...

Any mummies know where to get mamy polo samples? I went to the site but only for malaysians. I'm trying to find overnight diapers for my baby but want to try out first.

Mummies, I wanna rant about my J's b'day party @ home else can't sleep.. After the b'day song, my PIL took pic with J even candle blowing.. As J's parents didn't even get to take pic with their own daughter.. So I told my hb after the event coz he's the videographer. While we were viewing the video, told him that my auntie, mum & us didn't even get chance to take pic with the b'day girl.. He then realized it that his parents "ba zhang" their granddaughter themselves!

Dolly aiyo never mind u learn from this experience. Tell u wat u do next time, when the cake is out dun alert the guest yet, proceed to take family pic first. First u take pic of the cake n after u put the candles in( dun light it first) proceed to take family pic first, take as many family pic as u want. After tat gather the rest of the family tat wants to take pic. Once u are done with thepics, proceed to gather everyone n light candles then sing song. I realised usually after lighting the candles it can get quite chaotic!!

Starfruit,ya lor really lesson learnt le... We didn't even take a pic of the cake.. Haiz.. What a waste! In fact before the cake session, my MIL keeps saying that they were going off soon, make us panic for nothing!

Deon: My baby is learning to sleep throughout the nite too. Now I'll always let him drink at 11.30pm then he can sleep till 6.30am, but he haven't really wake up, he juz turn here turn there then we scare when he wakes up he will be very pek cek and we need to change his diapers so pick him up.

Deon, Jenny: envy your bbies can sleep through the night. How to train ???? Mine took milk at 10pm, wakes up at 2.00am, then 5.30am again. At 5.30am, he seems quite alert, smiles, coos and ang-gu-gu at me. After settling him in 6plus, my elder boy wakes up and refuses to return to sleep. Arrgh...

Nanny search for baby continues...

Hi mummies,

Quick question - to freeze EBM for storage, must it be freshly expressed milk or can it be 1 day old refrigerated milk?

My supply is not that great but there is always like 200mll left over in the fridge to the next day.

Thanks

dolly: tis happen to my #1 during his 1st bday too. i was so angry i juz make a remark to my sil rite on e spot. not sure if she feedback to her mom after tt anot.

Little Fly: Try to let your baby drink close to midnight. Mine always like to fuss till midnight so no matter if he's hungry or not I'll feed him. Even if he only drinks 2oz also nvm. But also depends on ur baby sometimes. Mine prefer to sleep at night and he doesn't nap through the day, only at most 15-30 minutes two times a day. That's why he can sleep longer at night.

Hi Jenny & little Fly - I think I was lucky last night and bb was in a good mood (nice weather).

Little Fly do you let your bb sleeps in yao lan ? When I did was I let her sleep in yao lan, she will toss and turn close to her feeding time. What I will do, I will rock her for about 10 mins and she goes back to sleep. I will repeat it till about 5.30am and let her drink her milk.

I did the same this morning and managed to delay her feeding time for an hour from 8.30am to 9.30am.

Conclusion - The magic power of yao lan and nice cool weather... :p

Deon, Jenny: thanks for sharing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If my Bb not hungry he will refuse to drink n will swipe the bottle off or stubbornly don't open mouth. Usually I try to transfer him to bed at night to reduce his reliance on yaolan. For no 1 we have to endure waking up at night until 3 plus so hope no 2 we can succeed.

Today really nice weather. Bb napping else he practically plays all afternoon n catnaps only.

Deon: I tried that too but in the end I have to half sleep half awake. So no point. Now using electric one so just on throughout.

Little Fly: Think ur baby will be able to slp through very soon too. Read most baby slp through by 12 weeks. Dunno true anot

Hi Mummies,

Need your advise.

My girl is at her 10th week, is it a growth spurt week ?

What happened was that I fed my girl 120ml at 5.30pm, she did not nap and played by herself till about 7pm. Then she cried for milk which I gave 120ml to her but then she still kept crying. I thought it was her stomach and kept burping her but the crying did not stopped. Tried giving her plain water, she drank a lot like about 60 ml but still not full. In the end I gave her another 40 ml at 8pm then she fall asleep.

Is this normal ??

Appreciate all your advise.. Thank you so much..

PS, nice weather - cooling night, hope all our babies sleep throughout the night.

Dolly just saw this article thought i share with u.. Seems like introducing solid early may not help bb to sleep longer...

From the article:

You may have heard that bigger babies and babies who eat solids are better sleepers — but it's not true. Your baby's ability to sleep through the night is related to age, not size or diet.

There's no research to prove that adding rice cereal to the evening bottle, for instance, will help your baby sleep better or longer. In fact, this practice is a choking hazard, and offering solids too early can deprive your baby of the necessary nutrients in breast milk or formula. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that babies be exclusively breastfed for the first four to six months.]

Here is http://www.babycenter.com/408_when-can-my-baby-start-sleeping-through-the-night_1368534.bcthe link:

Starfruit, thanks for sharing! Anyway, his bio-clock has changed since yesterday. Now his last feed seems to be 3-4pm, then till now has not woke up for the next feed...

My #1 cos I stayed wif my mom & she always wake him up 3hrly to feed him even at night. Even after I stopped her, he still wake up twice for night feed. He was a super fussy bb who refuse to slp so it was super tiring durin d 1st 6mths. & he still carry on night feed twice until 14mths

Thus when I had #2 cos I did confinement myself,I refuse to purposely wake her if she slp longer than 3hrs tho she on bm. D pros is, most of d time she can slp thru 11pm-6am tho sumtimes does wake up ard 2am fr 1st mth onwards. D cons is cos I tuned in to her timin & started to get lazy,my supply nvr increase & even drop.

Duno izzit related to d milk intake tho, #2 already fall sick twice at 2.5mths old whereas my #1 nvr fall sick except during injection before he turn 1.

Bb sleeping at night: think most of our bb is now slowly back to spore hr le can sleep longer at night le ny girl also drink milk at 9pm and slp till 445am den wake up for milk. But day time she superb awake can slp more den 1hr aft milk and still drinking milk every 3hrly

My baby W is going to infant care from tomolo onwards.. Me having separation anxiety already.. Hoping he is able to adapt to it easily.. *crossing my fingers*

after J has been going thru "cold turkey" of kicking her pacifier away. she seems to "hate" my mum if she would sees her granny around the house. she has been refusing to sleep with her granny since the start of the treatment. yesterday nite after she fell asleep @ my bed, i brought her to my mum's room. around 3am after feeding W, found that J's not in my mum's room. realised that J's sleeping in the living room.. OMG... i quickly brought her back to my room..

mummies, any advice? at such a young age, she's seems to "hate" her granny to the core.. she refused to do anything that associates with her..

Hi mummies, does anyone knows how to buy things from carter web? It seems that they don't do shipping to singapore?! So hw do u all order? I wanna get some clothing for my boy but can't! Now having 40% discount man!

Hair drop:- any mummies start dropping hair alrd?

My baby slept from 12am till 7.35am today. But from 6am he's already turning n tossing n I was like running in n out of the room thinking that he's awake n wan to make him his milk. Woke up again at 10am crying coz his nose blocked like crazy. Carried him n he went to slp till 11.30am.

kay: I'm also losing hair for a couple of weeks already. My mum told me will stop dropping at 4 mths. Now not even 3 mths, dunno if I got so much hair to drop anot. My hair drop is horrible n scary!

Dolly: aiyo...how come like tt? Maybe tell her more that granny loves her and slowly she will be receptive towards granny?

Precious: Hopefully bb W will get used to it! He's so cute...the caregivers will love him!

Kaykay: U must use Vpost to ship. There is an additional 20% discount code too...must use...save more!

Re: Losing hair

Have the strong urge to cut v.short...esp after watching the new HK show when the female lawyer looks so nice in her short crops!

Had a busy but fruitful weekend, hope u mummies enjoyed urs too! Today is Big M's first day at child care, hopefully she likes it and that the teachers are nice and caring..

Now at the PD waiting for Little M's heart scan follow-up, praying hard that her hole has closed. The nurse fed her with a sedative just now and she had such a fright and was screaming her lungs out.. Poor girl..

Angie:- hw to add vpost to it? I can't seems to find the button..

Re: hair loss

Nowadays I realise I start dropping hair.. Hope it will stop soon..

Back