(2011/05) May 2011

Morning mummies.. Is another brand new day!!

So sleepy.. My baby just drank only 80ml despite being slept for 7hrs + after e last feed.. N nw he is in lalaland again.. Worried y he drinks so little.. N actually yest during e whole day we went out, he aso didn't drink much either.. Any concern??

Pixie,

Starfruit is rite tats y I don wait if fever reach 37.5, juz give. Don underestimate fever. I hv a far distance relative who wad now retarded for life cos of fever when young. His mom delayed treatment n fever till too high burn his brains. Regret for life....

Arisz,

Congrats ya! Tat time u r still the one who haven't deliver when may ended rite... Lol.... Times really flies

It's another perfect until both maid n hb ruined my day. my maid is sour that we don't have a trolley for her to do marketing. Hb blames it on me to buy too much stuff at one go. All my fault!

Deon, Jenny: same for my Bb. My hands ache from carrying him. He fussed every evening. My dd1 cried for milk 5am n Bb also wailed same time hb sleeping away. Maid woke up to on the lights for me n returned to sleep. One hand carry Bb n one hand pat my elder boy to sleep. NO way I will have no 3!

Starfruit, Sh: will definitely ask for the standby paracetemol the next time.....the GP was saying that usually first dose chances of fever are lower and if fever just sponge, dun need medicine....both my husband and me also silly...did not insist

Arisz: enjoy the celebration!

Pixie nvm u learn. Everytime jab just get to standby. Also find out how to store the paracetomol cos if open need to refrigerate. Otherwise can keep in cool plc for up to 6 mths. I always standby paracetomol at hm or when i go on trips with bb cos children very easily to get fever. Another thing to standby is a good thermometer get a ear one if u have budget much faster n more accurate compared to armpit. U can try the braun one.

Little Fly, can u get your maid to help u more? Like help u carry baby while u pat no.1 to sleep?

Precious: I m using the normal Facebook app I downloaded le...u still can't upload? How bb now? Got drink more? I dun even know how much mine is drinking cos I always latch on..u got alot if great deals at the bb expo ytd?

Arisz: congrats! Enjoy opening up the hongbaos n gifts!!! My favorite Part!

Pixie: good to hear tt fever has subsided...I will be lost too if bb got fever think I will jus rush to the nearest gleneagles...

Deon: haa how big is yr bb?

Evie: mine slp in the car 80% le...think cos of the rocking momentum. Ytd I successfully put him in the car seat n he slp throughout...soo happy! Nv waste my money.

Val: I tried using the pupsik today...not much space le...haa think my bb too chubby la your bb look so comfortable in the pupsik!

Re: town gathering

I second that!

Morning mummies,

today weather very cooling. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

precious: maybe h's sleepy? monitor first? 80ml looks quite little when he slept through 7hrs though..

Arisz: yay! u should be the last mummy to go through confinement! ur jail term is finished!

angie: i'm so getting pupsik too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i asked this b4, but i cant remember, know where can try the size? i should be L or XL. hurhurrr..

another question:

doesnt bb feel hot after being sling? cux its a full cloth, got ventilation for cool air?

Cloud i think apple went mothercare to try the size for pupsik

Yeah can get hot in the pouch esp if we are outdoor thus i only let her wear rompers when i pouch her. I prep a fan to fan her too.. Hehe

Angie bb should be snug in the pouch. They will feel comfy n secure n can sleep for longer hrs.

Cloud: u can try at any mothercare...they will help u...

Starfruit: haa but mine looks a little squeezy...when is time to change the way to wrap bb ar?

Thanks Angie & starfruit!

See if I can sneak out these days to buy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starfruit. Thanks. My gf also asked me to get maid to help out more. My maid is inexperienced w bbies so I worry she may unintentionally hurt Bb like twist the arm or something as Bb still so fragile.

PLaza Sin is good, got mothercare n marks n Spencer! I second this too.

Mummies,

How ar? I don't feel like going back to work.. Should I extend to 16 weeks ar? The thought of coming home late at night and working on weekends really Arghh me..

Today am gonna send my maid off! I just told her after packing her stuffs for her :p

Tmr onwards we will be maidless for 2 months..sob sob but nanny very nice she said she will help me with my household chores when bb zzz

She asked my maid to teach her how to operate washing machine, which are the floor mats to use and which mop and so on..my maid just ignore her by telling her "u ask mam" sigh..

SharonL - Actually we will try to bring her out after she feeding so most of the time she will be asleep. I do agree you cannot really enjoy yourself as you have to keep track of the time. I will start preparing at least half an hour earlier before she wakes up, if not she will cries loudly.

LittleFly - Your maid has to help you out a bit lah.. For me, I am having doubts of having no. 2. It is not easy when you have to look after bb on your own.

Angie - My baby is at her 6 weeks.

Apple - So glad that you maid is going off, your nanny sounds like a great help. If she can help out with the housework, it is great. If not, consider getting a part-time maid to come and help out ?

Re: medela breast pump tubings

Mummies do u all gave problems with the tubings? Today halfway while pumping bm actually went intothe tubes! Dunno how tt happens...b4 that also got alot of condensation. Do we need to wash or sterilize the tubings? Like tt I need to buy new tubes?

deon/auroa: bb cries - sometimes i wonder if neighbours will think we torturing bb ;p

evie/littlefy: i prefer gathering in town too! other than plaza sing, i rember there's a cafe at L1 of orchard central tt is spacious too. i think its tcc or cofibean

arisz: congrats on ur end of cf!

Ash: haa ya I also think so...sth bb screaming...n I was thinking my neighbors sure think wat the mother is doing..,it is coffee bean! I used to go there very frequent during my pregnancy...got the yummy one for one breakfast! But the tables very small...

angie: the bm backflow into the tubing could be coz the valve not attached properly or the parts of the pump is loose..just off and re-tighten everything..for condensation, after use just let the pump run with the tubing's other end empty..haha..its stated in the manual =)tubing i never sterilise..if backflow i just wash and air dry..

Ash: yea, town is easier for me for gathering too~ RC,bugis, orchard all ok =)

anyone still ordering kid's stuff? i wanna get her a swimwear =) ahahha...

Ash & Angie - Yup, my neighbours are quite kapoh actually. I tried to ignore my bb's crying and they actually come by to see what happened !! whoa ha ha..

Angie: ya, I still can't upload to e Grp but I had uploaded to my own album already.. Hence, whoever mums 1 to c tat day photos can go my album to c.. Ya.. I bot 3 bottles of pureen bottle detergents n 2 packs of HUGGIES dry diapers.. Can't buy alot wif 3 kids ard.. Hehe..

cloud: ya.. Looks little rite? After tat 80ml feed, he actually can finish my ebm of 140ml at his next feed n just nw 3rd feed of e day, he finished only 90ml of fm.. Really wonder is it he dun like fm at all? Yest he didn't drink any ebm as we were out whole day..

V: hai I m still thinking of getting a new one...dunno will affect the bm or not...

Deon: your neighbors are really kpo ar...

Precious: Hee the pink one? I love pureen pink d! Jus washed the clothes n they smell heavenly! Feel like changing our own detergent to tt. Haa...how much u bought for? I wanna get half a dozen.

Angie,

Either batch 3 or batch 4 has shoes, can't rem clearly. 

My gal small size le but dun worry they will be still comfty inside coz for my #1 he also big baby but I still pouch him n he loves it. I realised my boy likes to be in more than my gal n no doubt both slp better in the pouch. My pupsik came in a cardboard packaging n on it printed cradle carry till 3mth. 4th mth can sit then upright le.

Poohlyn,

If u wanna travel with baby or kids, really nd to standby alot of medication and have emergency # on hand in case needed (touch wood). All my trips with my #1, I travel with SQ, although ex as compared to other carriers but I feel more at ease. Aft all, it's our own national carrier.

V,

Nice to meet u today. U look so young n bubbly =) doesnt look like a mother =) Join us next week at nex so we can chat more =) Ok to take cab as I also cabbing dwn as my hb will be driving to wk.

Starfruit,

U sld see my "nursing shawl". It's those shawl fem mphosis. Thick knitted kind =p acts as my shawl to keep warm, babies' blanket n nursing shawl and sun shield for the pram. My hb says super worth as it costs $60++ but have bought it 10yrs ago. Haha.

U fast hands n legs ah, saw ur order for the white n pink headbands le. Hehe.

Pixie,

Hope ur boy is nt feverish anymore =)

Re: stocking of medicine

My Hse is like a mini drugstore. I always get extra doses of medicines frm the pd, ESP paracetamol, bufen and the suppositories. Usually aft jab I dun give med just in case of fever coz body will nv learn to fight the virus this way. Only when fever develops then I give. Viral fever usually 5days up n dwn, unless nv come dwn at all or aft 5days still on the high side pls go n see dr.

Cloudpoem,

Mothercare carries pupsik pouch =) yes!! It will be hot to pouch when out of non aircon places. Thus I dun like to pouch my gal out of non aircon places unless super Short while- she hot I also v hot lo. Mim pouch more silky so nt as hot as pupsik.

Deon,

Talk abt kpo neighbour, I have 1. Whenever I scold my boy and he cry loudly the uncle next door will come over n ask if everything ok.... -_-""

Today been a tiring day! Been up frm 5am till nw. Everyone is taking a nap nw except me. 

Val,

ya, had ordered yest the pediped for u thru my sil bf us addy.....

wat u mean by :

"which brand u intend to spree frm?"

i currently open 2 sprees so that can save shipping thru vpost,

1 is carters n 1 is babymallonline. anyone wan order anything?

Sh,

u mentioned u wanna get swimwear so I mean which site u will spree frm =p

I will go n see if anything caught my eyes, if have, I pm u =)

Cloud: can u take the full 16 wks maternity leave? why not if you could coz can spend more time with bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Arisz: congrats on bb full month, can bring your bb out already!

Ash: if TCC also good, i got their membership card.

Deon: after a while, we forgot the hassles when DD1 grow up and go for #2. But will stop at 2 coz i only got 2 hands.. Hahaha.

Angie: I tried Pigeon and Pureen before. Now sticking by Kodomo which also smell good.

Pupsik

The instructions given for 0-3 mths, its cradle carry. Kangaroo carry is 3-6mths and front carry is 4mths onwards.

I also find cradle carry a bit squeezy for my bb though he's only around 5kg.

Don't mind gathering at the east side too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, any mummies hv baby who r colicky? My gal seems to be one of them. She cried for no reason last 2 days at 7pm plus. Had a hard time to soothe her.

val, for headbands, which website?

me thinking of getting some for my gal...

me now also hook to online shopping, my hubby keep nagging at me ...

deon: my baby can vomit out his milk 2.5 hours after his feed. Just now I went to NTUC to see other milk brands n some can prevent vomitting. Maybe will check with doc on Fri. 60ml is very little. My baby is already taking 90ml during first month.

little fly: I'm so scare of babies I will nv have another 1 even if govt gives a million dollars.

I got time off from my husband just now to do fringe rebond and my baby was crying his lungs out until I reached home to carry him. Isit it a little early for a 6 week to recognise and only want mummy? I still want to go out to do rebonding in future. =(

Hi Jenny,

U r luck you got time off, my mum went back over the wekkend.. I do not have time even to pee !!.. ha ha.. Have not cut my hair or d my nails since I finished confinement on 27 May... Haiz...

If vomit a bit is ok, I think.. I did checked with PD before and he told me it is normal but of cos not often lah..

Val haha ya when it comes to shopping, my hands very fast n maybe too fast sometimes so must slow down!!! Haha i shall not look at Swimsuit site!!

Sh i am ignoring ur call to spree on babymallonline!!! Haha cos wanna stop shopping!! I like babymallonlinw stuff too!! Hehe

Re gathering on thurs at nex

Ladies i was checking seems like cafe cartel n other food plcs opens at 11.30am on weekday only. Since we are meeting at 11 shall we just go back to swensens? I hope u all dun mind!

I actually like cafe cartel cos very spacious n no crowd too bad they dun open at 11am

lol starfruit...come leh....kekke....

i oso don wanna spree but bo pian muz buy the bibs n wash cloth.....

detergent:

agree kodomo smells really nice....i keep smelling the clothes....kekek....

pupsik:

i hv M but when i try to put bb in at about 2 mths old, cant squeeze her in leh....now waiting for her to b ard 3mths to use it for sitting position...

Sh....: I was so tempted!! Went and take a look just now at the website. Haiz. My husband said that i should have stopped online shopping 2 years ago! :S

starfruit: I dun mind swenson's on thursday. It's the company that makes it worthwhile! =)

Deon: I have to cut my nails in order not to scratch baby. I accidentally scratched his face once. Ever since I graduated from sec sch I nv cut my nail and only trim away when it breaks or chips. I totally understand how it is not to have time to pee. There's once I shampoo my hair with my clothes on and baby cried and I have to run out with the shampoo like a crazy woman. -_-

Now I always have to express shower for 2 min if I dun wash my hair. Dun like to bath too late.

@jenny: lol totally unds man... if i tink bb is gona be cranky, i will only shower wen the day ends i.e. my mum/ hb is back home n someone can oversee bb. else if i manage to rush in time, i will shower in the morng before hb goes to work..

Jerejoy: my baby has jus passed her colic episodes.. It took me 4-5 weeks that it went off.. Same, Bb doesn't get settle by anything. Even breastfeeding don't help too.. It always happen at the same time.. it was very stressed for me cuz she wail at 10pm onwards, and her volume will disturb her jiejie. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Got to endure, it'll pass..

Starfruit: I see that u're shopping again!! TLW is not responding promptly hor? My leg warmers haven't sent payment details Cux im adding to my shopping cart again..

Sigh. I got a ebm of 120ml and this is so far my best volume. Told my maid to separate feed of 60ml to Bb girl Cux she can't finish whole bottle. When I wake up from nap, saw a balance of 20ml ebm. Ask my maid, she say she thought Bb is hungry.. Than waste my 20ml into drain!! Sigh! My maid is pretty good with kids and babies. And she doesn't give pattern too..

Val: u buy so many things, got storage to put? I have 3 girls and their clothes cabinet are bursting.. Give away alot still alot left!

haha hannah / starfruit,

forgot to mentioned another tempting factor:

20% disct off web prices and vpost base charge to be shared wif my other sprees.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back