(2011/05) May 2011

gosh i am so busy with my baby and had lost tracks of all your posts!

starfruit, my boy too he is 10 weeks.

mummies, i got a open tin enfalac A+, opened in june for 3 feeds n boy not suitable. i dun want to waste throwing it away. i m giving away so who wants pls PM me. self collect commonwealth mrt .

Viman: I gave my boy pacifier. I'm super against it but he was crying like crazy since the day I bring him home and the next morning, I'm waiting for my husband to buy and bring me the pacifier and have to put my little finger into baby's mouth to stop him from crying. Unlike what others said, he still latches on well even though we gave him pacifier and bottle since the second day he came home. Anyway, NUH also gives him pacifier. I think he cried too much so they cun handle him as well. LOL

pacifier: i gave my no1 pacifier at the request of the IFC as she kept on crying and the teachers needs it to calm her down... but she rejected and din want it. For no2, i gave him at week 3 as he started to suck his fingers. As i din want him to develop the habit of sucking fingers, i gave him.. even despite him refusing it... but sometimes it helps as i can't nurse him when we are in the car and the pacifier helps to calm him down till we stop the car to nurse him.

Saw the link above fr starfruit on bp,saw d milk tray. Anyone here using? Or even those ice cube storage for bm? M interested but how to sterilize? Cos currently using milk bag to store my bm.my supply is still low like between 60-120ml depending.recently juz got to know for freezing of ebm,I can't combine 2 diff timin into 1 bag.muz freeze separately.find it a waste if I had to freeze juz 60ml/bag juz to defreeze n combine 2bag

Finally is my pumping time.. Today my 2 elder kids' cc was closed hence my hb took leave n we went out as a whole family.. Was so tiring n almost my #1 has her phonics class in e evening.. Rushed like mad in e end.. Haha

baby smiling:

my baby aso like to smile alot.. Hmm I 4got when he started but I rem tat during confinement time he already started to smile.. Then nw, after feeding or sleep or when I talk to him, he will sort of talking back n even smiles or giggles.. At times he will even laugh when he sees his elder siblings playing noisely in e room.. N true.. Really melts our heart to see his smile... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Viman: I give pacifier to all my 3 kids.. I tink it can help to soothe them lor.. Even at nite, when my baby starts to stir, he can cont to sleep further after I give him pacy lor.. Hehe.. So e lazy mummy can catch more sleep :p

Hi, I'm a mar mummy. i've a pack of new S size Huggies & Mamypoko to let go. My girl outgrown le. Collection at Tiong Bahru or Vivo. Anyone interested, pm me.

Precious: hee family day ar...ya my bb too when he is full he will smile n make cute sounds. Nowadays I super lazy to pump le...jus latch on...lazy to assemble n wash up....

Viman: I didn't give le....but not easy....have to pacify the bb your own...

Angie: I can only pump out as I don't do direct latching at all.. But I aso minimize my pumping to b just twice a day, sometime thrice only as I m tinking of stopping soon.. Hehe

so sad: just nw noticed tat my #2 is shivering while he was sleeping.. N he felt like vomitting ado.. Took his temp n he has a high fever of 38.7.. Nw hv to coax him...

Me too, I give paci, it calms her as she sits in the car seat at the back while I drive. My #1 automatically rejected the pact when he turned 1.5 years so I didn't even need to wean him off, so now hoping it w be just as easy for baby gal.

So Thursday at Nexx is 12 noon at Swensons again right?

Precious: aiyo poor thing...hope it subside soon...

Starflower: haa u power I dun dare to drive alone with baby...

Bb has been awake for abt 8 hours! Dunno wat is wrong...fell asleep then wake up again after 5-10mins...repeat this for a few times...now still not asleep. Dunno if it is because bring him to others' house ytd n now he not used to it....any mummies experience this?

vicki: may i know why cant combine bm from 2 diff timing? I have been doing that....NICU nurse said ok to do that as long as i write down the timing of the earlier pumping on the label.

Re: Bathing baby

Im glad to know that im not the only mummy to sweat so much when bathing baby :-D

Re: Baby pooing in bath water

My baby pooed in bath water a few times before. Most times were right at the start of the bath. I had to take her out and wrap her with her towel, put her back in her cot, throw out whole tub of water and prepare new bath water again.

Re: feeding irregularity

My baby also went thru a period where she drank only a little then fall asleep/reject feed and then demanded more milk after an hr or so, i ended up have to feed her very often at no fixed timing and at no fixed amt. She was like this no matter if i latch on or bottle feed bm. Luckily, she does not do this as often now...i think its just a phrase they go through....as i read from this forum...many mummies are experiencing this as well....so not to worry.

Forum seems quiet today..

HELLo! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now nursing Bb to sleep but I feel hungry. Only had popish for dinner.. Mil decied to homemade popish and I ate 3 of it.. Ops..

Bb refuse to sleep as her usual routine time.. Sigh.. She keeps wanting to 'talk'. Whenever we put her down on Ned, she'll starts to coo and interact with us.. I'm happy but tired even more.. Hubby couldn't tahan went to living room and sleep liao..

Preciousmum: drink more water for #2, Hal e his FM powder first?

starflower: When did u intro pacifier to yr baby?

I have been trying to get my baby to accept pacifier since week 6 i think, now she is week 11, still reject leh...how ah?

Angie: I have the same prob. Nowadays, very difficult to get baby to sleep, end up she is cranky all day. Can pet her for 1-2 hrs, once stop petting she will wake up very quickly.

Cloud: ya.. Hv made 麟羊water for him to drink Liao but he only took 3 sips.. N kept asking for me.. Sigh.. N abit worried if he gets HFMD or not.. Hv to observe him n hv brought him to another room just in case.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

precious, HFMD is on the high spike..do separate all your kiddos if u suspect your #2 might have the symptoms. I stopped my #1 fr childcare for 2wks coz her sch has 9 cases. Tmr she will be returning for the 1st day as I'm preparing myself to go back to work this Thurs. Also, with her around, she keeps disturbing didi..sigh

I pity my nanny as she has been great help, even help me with my household chores. So I wanna give her some rest time in the day when bb zzz.

starfruit, my bb finally taking ebm from bottle [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] he is feeding 100-120ml every 2-2.5hrly. Nanny said bm quite thin so cannot drag for 3hrs yet..but for nite feeding, he can tong for 4-5hrs. Lucky me, or else I can't catch my beauty sleep.

I have no mood to return to work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but no choice! gotta attend the workshop this Thurs & Fri. I'll be going to TT clinic tmr..wanna seek some advise fr him on intro FM and also let her check bb airway as I can hear some noise, nanny asked me issit phlegm but I dunno coz he doesn't have cough so far and feeding well.

I rang up TT, he returned my call and told me the sound shd not be worrying, it is normal but if I willing to make a trip down to see him, he will check thru for me.

Hi Cloud I m here also *wave* today feel rather moody. My dad's office doing a office move and they can't contact the CCTV vendor, and I feel it's my fault coz I'm the one who recommended this vendor coz thought they are 'cheap and good''....who knows they are so unreliable and irresponsible....so mummies, don't ever buy CCTVs from Home Safe Security, u will regret it ...... really lousy after sales service, worst experience ever....*moody*

Iloveparis: some babies jus reject pacifier.. My #2 rejected while my #1 must have her pacifier.. If Bb reject, intro to them wjen they're not in foul mood.

I only let her suck at night if she turns cranky. But most of them time, she will push it out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Apple: hey, really glad to know ur nanny is of good help and ur maid is away.. U can be alittle assured that things are getting better.. And double cheers that ur Bb drinks from bottle! He sounds easier than his jiejie! Oh ya, did u feed him the bottle or nanny? Cux I haven't succeed in feeding bottle to mine. Whole house, only maid & mil succeed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Starflower: oh man.. Don't get too moody.. Sleep early and catch beauty sleep more impt!

Iloveparis: headache ya? Feel so frustrated at times...

Apple: mine too think got phlegm....if really got how? Need to see pd or it will go away?

Cloud: jiayou! Hope E cooperate n let mummy bottle feed her soon!

Soo tired...bb very uncooperative today...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Cloudpoem, indeed double cheers for me coz bb is drinking fr btl irregardless nanny or me or hb who is feeding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but we somehow noticed he prefer warm milk..so a lil troublesome to prepare ebm for him. Nanny gotta pour 60ml to warm up, after he is done, burp him and rest a lil then warm up another 60ml. Kinda like 2 times job..if 1 shot we give him 120ml he won't be able to finish and he gave the vomit signal :p

Today he vomitted [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] nanny said his stomach like abit colicky..so I decided to pop by PD clinic tmr at the same time wanna find out the on/off noise fr his airway whether phlegm or..

Talking about my nanny, I'm abit paiseh coz this morning she woke up 6am helping me to mop floor, keep & fold laundry + ironing!! When I came out fr room around 8am she has done all these. So, today I try to help her by washing my bb bottles & sterilise them while she taking care of bb. Also, now I got more time coaching my #1.

Hb finally feel that our $$ well spent eventhough having a live in nanny is kinda costly compared to maid.

Angie, am popping by TT clinic tmr. When he spoke to me this afternoon he said the noise nothing to worry but I told him nanny said seems like having phlegm, so he said nanny could be quite experience, if am concern just bring bb for him to check. So I decided to bring bb tmr to see PD, at least I'll be at ease returning to work on Thurs.

Any mummies wanna order supplement from iHerb?

They are having promo: 4th of July Weekend Sale: Save an extra 10% on all orders over $60.00. Ends Monday, July 4th at midnight PST.

I'm ordering some supplement, anyone wanna tag along coz shipping via DHL is now so cheap [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If u keen, pls PM before noon.

Iloveparis, erm, read it in 1 of d breastfeeding thread here (m usin iPhone so duno how to copy d link). Something abt losing nutrients if u freeze 2 diff timin together. I was asking my friend abt it & she say her lc also tell her can't but she forgot y. I have also been freezing 2 diff timin chilled ebm fr day 1 as #2 only latch 1 side & fall aslp. I mean since can combine chilled/thawed ebm,y can't freeze together? Any1 can verify this?

Sigh, #1 gotten hfmd fr his cc. Quite stressed as I m d only 1 takin care of #2. Very scare he'll spread to #2. d worst is #2 have nt get her jab yet. Quite worried cos we suspect he cld've got it earlier but we didn't recognize his symptom until it become very obvious today. Will b sending #2 to nanny tml to separate d 2 in d meantime but at night still have to look after together [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I rem reading fm somewhere u can combine ebm from within the same 24hours to be within the same milkbag to be frozen and stored. And of course best for the pump sessions that are close to one another. Since ebm is customised for different hours of the day, ( e.g. Hot day more dilute, cool nights are creamier for baby), the timing if the day affects the composition of the milk, watery vs creamy protein proportion to support babies needs.

Ebm in the day are designed to give bb more energy etc, thats why we write the timing of teh milk. Technically, daytime should tgaw and give day milk, night time feeds should thaw and give bb night time milk, else baby w be alert when given 'day milk' at night time.

But thats theory, i have given 'day milk ' before and bb not really affected, she slept straight away after feed...so rather minimal effect...

Still moody Cloud, obviously losing sleep over rhis, feel sp betrayed by the stupid vendor...

Apple: my #2 cc has 2 cases of hfmd already.. Hopefully he is not e next.. My #1 same cc aso but we still send her there.. Hubby took leave to bring #2 c dr later..thou his fever has subsided to 37.5.. n he has ulcers in his mouth but hands n legs r cleared

good morning mummies, today is my 3rd day of work... so tired..

to mummies who has not buy any clothes for work, don't buy now. Try to buy when you are almost going back to work... i bought my pants mid june & now the pants keep dropping.. before my #1 arrive, i can wear size 36 then wear size 38 after #1 arrive. now i can't wear size 38, need to get size 36 again...

Morning ladies!

My CL will leave today. I will be handling bb myself after that.

Will miss the extra help from CL but also glad that today marks the end of my confinement! Yipee! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Finally can see the world outside.

Good luck to me.

Good Morning,

Dolly - Envy you can lose weight so fast.

I was like 68kg during pregnancy and I still cannot get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 52kg. I am now at 55 kg, trying real hard to kick the remaining 3 kg.

The thing is I can still feel pain so I cannot start massage or exercise. My gynae said that the pain is the result of my fybroid shrinking ??

I realised though the weigh is lost, the waistline and hip don't. My waist is so much thicker... cannot fit back into pre-pregnancy clothes. I have a month more before going back to work, hopefully can fit back into clothes.

Jenny - My bb girl do not not really like pacifier but at times when she kept crying, have to give her. Otherwise, I worried wind get into her stomach.

Another scenario when I give her pacifier is when she ask for more milk right away feeding. I am worried she just feed for comfort. She will suck the pacifier till she falls asleep.

Thanks, mommies, for your thoughts on pacy use.

Weight loss: I had heard that bfing/pumping will cause weight loss. Verified it myself. Lost all 13 kg without any exercise/diet. I also wore the abdominal girdle for 6 weeks after my c-sec and it really helped to 'contain/compress' the hips. I can get into my pre-preg pants now.

Viman: great effort on ur weight loss.. I dun dare to take out my pre preg bottoms out to try as I still hv a tummy leh.. Even thou I hv lost some weight here n there.. Tink really need to bind my tummy.. Wld it b 2 late to bind nw?

Preciousmom,

Hehe... No real effort lah... Just pumping only. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I had read that the pelvic bones are soft upto 6 weeks after delivery so binding is most effective then. But you can still bind, maybe at night? No harm trying.

I still have a slight tummy and I plan to start doing my crunches again soon. You can try crunches and some hip exercises at home. I want to hit the gym also but a bit tough with baby at home...

Re: Nex gathering

Hello mummies, sorry I am a bit lost in the thread already.. may I know what is the date, time and location of the Nex gathering?

Re: Weight loss

I can verify that the binder works.. I wore it everyday for 6 weeks also and I can fit into my pre-preg clothes.. People always tell me 2nd baby more difficult to lose weight, but for me, it's easier, prob due to bf-ing, binding and falling sick :p

Re: Bottle feeding

Cloud and Apple, so envious that both of you succeeded in feeding bottles.. My baby STILL refuses to take bottles.. I recently added a new bottle - breastflow - to my bottle collection but she started screaming once we place the teat into her mouth.. super sad, dunno whether I can go back to work anot..

morning mummies,

sian.. my bb 10 weeks, want to bind, abit too late, right?

Dolly: ya lo, how come u lose weight so fast? i'm not small build to begin with, now balloon even more. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Viman: i wonder if breastfeeding can lose weight is a myth.. cux i get more hungry after every feed and pump.. how to lose? i know for sure i cant fit into any clothes, that i went to purchase more. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

any kind of binder can liao, right?

Sylvia: Nex gathering is this Thursday, at 11am at Swenson. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sylvia: she was introduce ard week 2 or 3, cux my supply cant satisfy her... the thing is, i cant feed. when she knows its me.. she'll wail and want to latch on me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so, technically i cant bottle feed her..

but the glad thing is.. she accept bottle from mil & maid.. so not as bad..

happy note:

my suuply seems to have increase a little.. by 20-30ml. yipee! i dunno wad i did leh.. hahahaa.. eat durian?

cloud, not sure.. maybe as what some mummies are saying, due to bfding & pumping... but this round, i really lose weight faster than my #1... it's really amazing.. now don't know want to buy pants or dress better? pants are such a high risk clothes... luckily that i bought two pants during sales, so not really heart-pain...

CloudPoem,

Actually I also get v hungry and eat more because of pumping, but still lost wt leh... Ate a lot of cakes some more...

Any binder should work as long as it is worn tightly and at the correct zone.

Viman - I wore binder also but still cannot fit back into pre-pregnancy clothes.. Sigh..

If I go and buy a girdle now to wear can still help or not ?

morning mummies!!

Sh: thanks for waiting for me..transferred!

Binder: i wore it for 4 weeks..very comfy actually..some shorts i still can't wear due to my thighs la...but i never go weigh myself le..wait until i stop bf my girl than one shot weigh..hahah...

Val: your girl really cute lei...u look great yourself too wor~ i'm not as young as i look la..maybe due to the short hair and glasses bah!

Thurs i'm not heading to NEX lei..maybe the next meetup..

Back