(2011/05) May 2011

look forward to pics of gathering at split's hse!

my bb so cranky tis morning n keep pooing! changed 4 diapers tis mornin liao! sim tia!

is pupsik a little stretchy? mine is luckybaby, no stretch at all n i feel mat'l quite thick

Angie- ur bb is huge!!!! How many months is he now?

Sunflower- yup I guess so. As long as they are healthy. May not be the hamburger type. But still hope he catches up on his weight very soon.

Ash- yah, I read that pupsik is abit stretchy. M still waiting for mine to be delivered.

Btw, roughly how many weeks do mummies start bringing bb's out to gaigai? I brought mine out recently at 5weeks and he seems abit distress when he came back home. Not sure if I did anything wrong?

Hi Goofie, i bought mine out once my confinement is over! Old wives tale say must bring bb out after confinement.. dunno for wat! haha.. anyway, its just an excuse for me to bring my BB out after i have been jailed at home for the 1 month confinement period

Apple, getting a good maid is like strike lottery.

Same like you. 2 years back when my previous maid left, I also changed 3 maids till I got this current maid.

But she leaving in Nov already...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

It was a horrible 7 months of ordeal. One even ran to embassy after stealing things!

So I can absolutely understand your frustrations!

Little Fly, I never change boss but I still dread going back to work. Heh

starfruit: My beco is the the butterfly II. It got an insert for newborn one but i can't remember where i kept mine. Good thing my bb is of good size so i decided no need to use the insert.

Re: pupsik

It is a little stretchy. I was struggling to put bb in this time also coz my tummy was too big earlier. Now is better. Once you got practice, it's easy. I already got a few comments from strangers saying that she looks nice and snug inside the pouch. =)

Re: Washing bb's clothes

I use the washing machine all along. Too troublesome to handwash..

Hannah i suspect mine is not the becco II. How does the infant insert looks like? I should google n see.

Ash yeah pupsik is a bit sretchy.

2ww, goofie, i did my 1st mth outside so bb has gone out sincr she turn 1 mth. Now bb is going out almost every weekend. She seem to sleepmore n better when we are out.

I find my bb getting big for the pouch wanna try n put her on the bjorn this weekend.

Goofie i suspect mine ate too much tats why so fat fat! Anyway she was born big (3.590kg) so norm to bigger than others.

Angie yeah TT queue damn super long!! But i like him lor. He is very good with babies.

Pixie the GSS was on pupsik website. A cpuple of their normal desin was gping at $36-$39 i think.

Any mommies need pigeon disposal b pads? I hv a box of 60+12pcs to let go at 13(bot at 13.90 fr Taka). I'm also using washable ones now so too many disposables liao. Do pm me if u r interested. Tks!

hello mummies, reporting from office.. 1st thing when i reach my office, my desk & shelf are covered with dust.. so messy... inbox are flooded with over 2k of emails... haven't finish clearing...

next, my colleagues compliment me that i look so slim & doesn't looks like a mother of two.. heheheee...

Goofie: jus turned 2 months only le...

Sunflower: hang in there..the tough period will be over soon...

Starfruit: I didn't go le...I called n he is very nice....initially b4 I heard raves abt him I find him abit weird in the hosp cos he seem too concerned but now I know he really is...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly: haa that is great!

Re: split house gathering

Thanks for having us split! Everyone brought their bb except me....soo cute. Photo uploaded on fb! Soo efficient ar me...it was great meeting all the mummies!

Dolly, me too... inbox flooded with emails.. so stress! Worst still, i din get compliment from colleagues [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

So at least these compliments can cover the dust and emails... haha

Goofie: Thanks! I stayed at Sengkang too.. but the part-time cleaner is required by my mum so hope the auntie goes to my mum's area

Arisz: heehee...i will miss my bb once start work...

Dolly: Envy u can slim down so fast after 2 mths only...

Angie: Ur bb is big ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dolly,

need ur review on freestyle....how? the suction as gd as pisa even u run on rechargeable batt instead of power pt?

Wow..I see all the cutie pies @ split house..so fun!! So sad I can't join..and NEX gathering I also gotta give it a miss [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sob sob..need to return to office on that day!

Angie, u mean TT just returned your call when u rang up the clinic? Today he is off duty wor..

arisz, u never consider to extend your current maid?? I seriously need the luck to strike maid lottery for the next one coming. Really tired of training and changing maids..

I even thought of extend nanny's service, but the levy is so ex! Now I applied as confinement nanny, so it is $170 but max only 16wks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Little fly: ya lo...on 7th July I will one his exact weight...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple: ya he said I could call him anytime le....maybe cos he was the pd when bb is born? Ya so nice ya...

Precious: can u have to go to the group then upload....I did it on iPhone on my way back jus now...

Sh, yes! it's a good buy & worth buying.. suction is as good as PISA.. i regret that i didn't get it earlier... manage to pump out 8oz of milk within 9mins...

Angie,

The boys designs for the pediped also nt bad le. I bought 2 pairs for my #1 but he didn't get to wear for more than 10per pair so this time rd I decided to get 1 pair per size starting frm 6-12m =p I just cldnt resist la. I saw 1 pinkie boots which I sooo like but no chance to wear in sg la. Haha.

Swimwear I think for gals new choices, can wear tankini, bikini etc but I will let mine wear the bodysuit type to keep warm. For a start, try nt to let them stay in water for too long. I started with 15mins then stretch to 30mins then 1hr.

How is vv?? Sooo soo long nv see her here already.

Cloudpoem,

I am going back early sept..nw still thinking to resign or nt! I just can't make up my mind.haiz.

Ya, child birth does alot of damage to us le. Boobs, figure, back, pervic!!

Dolly,

Hw is ur 1st day back at wk??

Haha! U must b on cloud 9 on hearing ur colleagues compliment =)

Apple,

Perhaps ur maid knows u are going to send Her away and she long already no mood to wk thus she can't be bother tat the nanny is handling her tasks. Gd tat ur nanny has been a great help so far. At least $$ worth spending.

Goofie,

Pupsik pouch is my gd friend. Everyday use her to pouch my gal when I bring n fetch my boy =p my hb likes to use it at hm whenever she cries.

I do pouch her n eat at the same time- left arm for support, hand hand for eating. 

Deon,

It's call Ooi baby clinic. Let me know if u nd the addr n # ya.

Starfruit,

U so funi la. Heheh. Let her wear nice nice swimwear for photo taking Nia.Keke.

Did see u at split's place today le.

Re: washing clothes

So far still hand washing my #1 and #2 clothes =) day in day out wash clothes. So I really like it when the sun is out bright and shine so tat my clothes can be crispy dry =)

Pixie,

Think the cheapest for the pouch is $30+++. if u go to the pouch section, the price in red is the discounted price.        

Re: rl

make shipping payment for the loots. Batch 3 more ex as vol weight is heavier than the rest of the other batches due to shoes box. The rest sld be standard shipping as clothes are pack compact based on my exp.

Val: she is good...said shw will join the chat agn when she start work...ohh great the loots are here soon...batch 3 got shoes? Wa u very li hai still can hand wash...

Angie - u spoke to vv? Miss her lots..hope she will back to SMH when she has time.

Val - anyway I can't be bothered about her anymore. 2 more days she will be OUT! Yes, so far nanny is such a great help, hope the good attitude stays [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so devastating! All along i have v low supply. Over the 10 period, i xin xin ku ku pump in my office n gotten 200ml but i forget to bring the cap for my storage bottle. I then used plastic bag to tie. Who knows when im walking, the milk spill n i only left with HALF! Sob sob!

so devastating! All along i have v low supply. Over the 10 period, i xin xin ku ku pump in my office n gotten 200ml but i forget to bring the cap for my storage bottle. I then used plastic bag to tie. Who knows when im walking, the milk spill n i only left with HALF! Sob sob!

Apple: she is ok but she said she premature n now very occupied so can only login when she start work...btw I m at chong bang now....I saw alot of durians n I tot of u! Which stall again ar?

2ww: aiyo so 心痛

@2ww: I kinda understand how u feel. When I went back to work for a few days, I tried for the 1st time using my Avent manual to pump at work... 1st day, don't really know how to use or milk kept leaking out. On 2nd day, after i managed to pump a lot out, the bottle came unscrew and spill all over... All the milk wasted, after all the effort I put in until my hands so 'suan'. Felt like... Ahhhhh!!!!

Btw, shall we arrange a playmate for our furkids + babies at the dog cafe at NEX?

Angie: wat software u use to upload to fb via iPhone? I using e iloader lite but it only retrieve my personal albums n not in group.. :p lost

i suggest next gathering at city hall or plaza sing or bugis or somerset 313? any suggestions for a place where we can sit longer & park many strollers? hehee

iloveparis, high5! Im using avent manual pump too.. I have 2 dogs +my bb.. Wow, dunno can i handle.

Starflower - there is fruit tart place at plaza singapura level 4 which has a lot of space and dun have many ppl during weekday. They sell main course too.

Evie: gd suggestion!! So when shall b our next gathering again??

Wa.. My boy must b missing his girlfriends ar.. finally coax him to sleep.. Was so cranky earlier on.. Hehe

Hello mummies!

My first post of the day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] must really thank split for opening her house! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] we should have a mummy shot too actually. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Enjoyed myself throughly today. Jus came back with hubby from a jap buffet~ very full!

Iloveparis: thanks for the soya! Ure very sweet!! Only mine and ur Bb are duet symphony during the group shot~ lol

Preciousmum: u are damn funny la! The way u feed him was rather amusing.. Must knock his bottle. Haaaha.

I jus can't bottle feed my Bb at all. Will keep crying and I'll feel so arghhh..

Tell ur Bb that he sure got chance to see his gf agn! Take his pick!

Cloud: wat romatic jap buffet is it?? Is it exp?

Oh.. Reg e knocking of e bottle, it was taught by my aunt tat it serves as a reminder to e baby if he goes into lalaland..he still got milk to drink...

Dear mummies, i bother wif something, ask all mummies for advice. My hb going for business trip to shanghai, thought of bring my bb go together. But my mum say bb too small. Do your think should i go a not?? Can a 2mth bb go on flight??

Preciousmum: pretty nice jap cuisine.. It's ard $50 per pax, ordered shabu shabu, my beef cravings, and so on. I love jap food so I like it! Heehe. Not romantic la. Jus go and eat nia.

Poohlyn: hmm, how long is the trip? My hubby goes on business trip too, I dun tag along leh.. If I go, I sure shop, I ask him buy things back. Haaaha.

Bb still small, not advisable, right? Cux the pressure might be too 'stressed' on their ears?

Dear cloudpoem, ya my mum also say the air pressure will be xin ku for bb. I thought to tag along cause still on ML no need to take leave. Can go shopping...hehe. My hb very bad in shopping, he dun know hw to buy!

Cloud, i also knock on her bottle when i feed her leh ;p think Mrs Wong's class taught that ;p

So BIG question, where are we going to set at Nexx next week ? That hK cafe issit? If we start at 11, then I think we have more choice, there's a nice jap (combi of 3 shop names can't rem but one is ajisen), w nice deco. Also another jap close to Swensons, never tried before but looks ok

I read about babies flying as young as 1 month old in the motherhood forum. Its not a problem for newborns to fly as all u need is to get the baby to suck on something (pacifier/bottle/nipple) and that can relieve the air pressure thingy in the ear. U can confirm this with a PD to be sure.

I feel that the only concern is that (touch wood) if baby got sick in Shanghai, is there any reliable and affordable medical care? I heard that can find reliable med care in big cities in China but they might charge ridiculously high prices.

The Jap place besides Swensons @ Nex is MOF. Next door to MOF is LENAS (Jap western food). Both are very big & spacious and usually not much ppl on weekdays. I have 10% disc for both.

Poohlyn, ya if u're going, then maybe stck to evian water for baby? Iloveaparis w telling me about somebody in India, had to stock 1 month supply of evian water coz of newborn. Also as much jabs as possible his age, prevent as much ir borne virus as possible. My gf even bought a mask for baby for use in the plane, in case passengers nearby are having coughs/runnies.

Also the usual, thermometer, insect bite creams, fever patches, etc on board.

Oh mummies,

Where can get nursing covers ar? If I'm always using football hold kind of position to bf, can nursing cover really cover all? Cux if I bring Bb out at nex, I scared she will want to be nurse instead of drinking fm.. She damn smart, cry Cux she knows I'm ard and wants BM. Arghh.

How much is 1 too? I wanna spend money again!!!

Back