(2011/04) Apr 2011

piggy

icic yah if no supply pump ll be painful too & might hurt yr nipple. hope this time yr supply ll be good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ha ha Piggy 1 last time for you to eat 1 month confinement food .... after that no more liao... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gerry,

how long it takes for you to pump on one side using ameda pump? Supply must be more so that it will be easier to use the ameda pump?

Fungfung,

cos for me i dun wan to waste time tryin diff pump den buy freestyle i may ended up payin more n if u r serious abt breastfeedin can jus go ahead n buy la.. unless u wan to consider ameda ...

BBgoh,

yes in fact i gt short nipple so the tear n soreness is v bad tt y i v scare to latch... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Vivi,

if can i rather no need eat at all haha.. tink i only like the vinegar trotters n rice wine chix..

piggy,

hmm.. quite true also.. ya.. i'm serious about BF.. i even want to Bfeeding for 1 year if my supply allows... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning gers - want to ask how u guys bring the sterilized bottles to the hospital ?

i was thinking to sterilise the bottles & will bring it in zip lock.

do i need to bring the pump ?

I likely c-sec in kkh so might stay 2-3days

JJ

dun need lah

while in hospital they feed bb by glasas btl ready to drink milk, if u not latch on then pump got bottle can direct feed it to yr bb. if not wrong they got used glass bottle too so can ask to kp yr EBM in fridge

piggy - that means got to bring the b-pump la.. I still need to bring a bottle then transfer to milk bag (if any milk is produced !!)

JJ,

no i wun bring the pump can always borrow from the hosp n usu 1st first days we will try to latch first n bb dun drink alot.. cos bring pump the washin etc also troublesome..

bbgoh ... is it ... hmmm... now in process of packing the hospital bag, don't know if the b pump is necessary to bring along... think i just leave it in hubby's car if need then think how to sterilize it.

Thanks gers

hi mummies,

sorry to interrupt. i'm a new mummy and have the following to sell. anyone keen?

1) BN pigeon BPA free 160ml feeding bottle (S size teat). retail price $15.90. I selling $12.

2) BN Spring maternity beansprout pillow. retail price $19.90. i selling $15.

pls pm me if u interested. i've pic to show u if u want.

thx

JJ: i think if yr hubby is going home daily & u don't wanna bring the pump, maybe just pack nicely put 1 side then get him to bring if need be. Depending on where u're delivering, if it's TMC the car will be under hot sun whole day. May spoil the pump motor hor.

bbgoh - ya the b-pump got to attach to 2 bottles cos freestyle is dual pump.

kkh's car parking is underground so no issue with parking under the sun. ok can I think i know what to do liao.

Thanks all for yr advices

piggy

u said u got short nipple, is it bcoz yr bb latch got prob so ll effect the suuply?

maybe u can try use pump to stimulate it?

yah dun have to brg everythg on 1st day, just prepared at home then ask hb to brg wat u need lata.

if brg pump remember to brg a container for wash & keep. if dun wanna use sterilise tablet can just use hot water to soak. usually they ll provide a thermol of hot water for evry ward

bbgoh,

no leh cos the LC come n help me latch 1 n be4 i was discharge alr sore... tt y i jus pump n pump when i discharge cos latchin is uncomfortable n painful for me...

Yoti,

I bought the ameda pump 3 yrs ago wor.. I think about $300+ from baby kingdom.. Can check out robinson.. Apparantly if you spend $100 or more this weekend, will get $20 voucher..

Fung fung,

I usually pumped for 15mins.. get about 200+ml milk at work last time.. Ya some mothers have told me that slow let down.. Ameda not quite good.. But my let down quite fast and when I pump, I will massage my boobs..

Bbgoh,

Ya if latch on, no need to pump so often..

Bye gals, I'm on half day today! Going for high tea & shopping with my gfs at Orchard! Heehee.... Much needed break and 'me' time =D

have a good wkend all!

Hi Mummies,

Long time no 'see'.

All the talk about breastfeeding :)

yes, pls bring along the nipple cream, I use Purelan, cos with the frequent latching, the nipple can get really sore and red...

btw, I just did my Wk32 growth scan and bb is abot 2kg already :)

I have ameda dual and find it works quite well. They have a control for u to turn to control d speed of suction. For stimulating letdown, just turn d control to max and once d milk start to flow, can turn d control to lower suction power.

Anyway, I've dropped my ameda pump from table height to floor and one of d part connecting d tubes is loose but if I hold onto it for awhile after operating, it still pumps milk well.

None of my ameda parts have been replaced, d triangle part attached to funnel is still working well but maybe coz I only use d pump for 4mths.

Juz tested my pump last wkend n still working well even though it's put to rest for 2yrs+. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

During confinement, can we drk those fresh milk keep in fridge de?? or not advisable?? Haha blur mi i tot thru out e confinement, we onli can drk longan tea..so we oso can tak milo n holicks, ye ye..

Rene: reali envy u leh... i oso lv high tea with a cup of hot tea or kopi n some cakes, wah yummi...

Vivi,

ya pls bring ur nipple cream best apply be4 even u latch cos majority of the mummies will get sore/tear nipple on the 1st wk...

Little Twin star,

anything cold is not advisable.. n milk best to drink maternal milk cos ur bb need nutrient ...

Vivi,

yes v impt n get a gd 1 keke.. i almost try all the brand liao n still tink lansinoh is better[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lil twin

i dun thk can drink fresh milk, even warm up it still consider 'cold'

aiyo i dun have the nipple cream ler, last time nvr use at all so not intend to buy it

oh my goodness. u guys start to pack hospital bag.i still haven list it out wat to brg ler,can someone post it here, in case i miss out somethg need to buy?

Thanks gers, I have already bought a medela nipple cream (testing see which one good) then will remember to put in the bag.

I also bought 2 sets of open top PJ's so can easy access to boobs ! hahaa...

bbgoh,

wah lucky u.. all my friend kena sore nipple the 1st 2 wk lo... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

JJ,

hahah dun forget ur nursin bra too keke..

Tweety,

oh i mean after delivery during confinement...

cos we need nutrient n fresh milk is not enough.. n it cold so no gd...

bbgoh,

Ya lucky you.. I remember I was sore for the first week.. I really felt like as if I got an electric shock everytime Lisa latch on.. Really hope this time wouldn't be so bad..

For me I still drank normal milk.. cos I really don't like those mother's milk.. but then again, I didn't do confinement..

piggy, gerry

maybe i totally not latch on, only pump & just lucky got supply so heard the BM is the best cream for nipple

piggy - yup already stuffed into the bag already .. i will be so mortified if i open my bag & didn't find any bra !!

disposable panties recommendation ? i want to get those that feel like cotton type ... since I C-sec thinking get those high cut one ... cos those low cut type will touch the wound ~ ouch!

bbgoh,

i tried BM n air my nipple but i tink my 1 tear too badly n i heard boi is more forceful -_-

Gerry,

yes i agree machiam electric shock the 1st wk esp.. hope this time round more season liao not so bad hahah...

Tweety,

for me i dun drink powder milk but bo bian leh need the nutrient i drink similac mum wher it more vanilla taste n not so powdery so quite ok.. still mus continue fish oil n calcium lo..

tweety,

Ya flavoured milk just taste wrong.. Bleagh!! =)

bbgoh,

Yes.. I also rubbed BM on my nipple too.. Cos it not only soothes but will prevent infection..

JJ,

i be wearin disposable panties in hosp easier but will wear own panties upon discharge cos i dun like disposable panties like v loose... ya i bott the cotton 1.. u can brin from NTUC extra $3.5/pack..

piggy: just dun like flavoured milk.. but for the sake of bb.. will drink when BF... heehee..

oh ya.. your 1st full month u catered Mum's kitchen right?? They have a pack (Red Egg in Basket, Glutinous Rice with Dried Shrimp & Mushroom,Ang Koo Kuih) for each pax?? or can only select 1 item?

Gerry: ^5... =P

Just came back from lunch .... super satisfying ...

Yeah Piggy thanks for the recommendation I ordered from Rach liao now awaiting for my loots to come

Tweety me also like to drink fresh milk am drinking the Meiji full cream milk...

JJ I got my disposable undies from Tomato at AMK ... the packaging mentioned for maternity and they are the cotton kind. About $4.50 for 5 pieces or 7 pieces. I think John Little also sells it and Piggy recommended NTUC Finest I think.... but I dont know if the cutting is high or not

I also need to buy more at least 30 pieces for me... cant be asking the CL to wash hee hee

Just now MIL called my hubby and she went to calculate the Bunny gal's name that we have given her and ok to go ahead. So bunny gal settled both her chinese and English name. I told hubby we can do her birth cert in TMC liao...

What are the documents to bring when we do cert in hospital?

Tweety,

i not goin for their full mth menu will customise my own menu cos my MIL got AKK contact cheap n nice tink $0.40 each nia n my CL can make v v nice G.rice so nice tt every1 love it so no pt....

ya i also drink when BF bobian for bb sake..

JJ,

btw NTUC 1 is norm cuttin dun tink it high.. n i bott 1 pack of maternity 1 end up i open liao it too big for me if u wan i can pass to u durin PS let me know ya..

Vivi,

since u got CL ask her to wash la.. it her job mah.. dun waste $$ la..

wah so fast calculate ah.. i goin to wait till bb born got the timing n date den calculate tink better.. cos now i really wonder the master base on wat to tell if the name is gd wor.. cos chinese got 5 element etc mah..

Back