Low hCG in early pregnancy

cloudless

Hi all mummies,

I am a mother of 3 young kids.. tested positive on 1/5. Went to gynae duely to check out on the progress yesterday.

when i was on the ultrasound, nothing showed up, no gestational sac has been formed. my gynae tested a urine test on me and showed negative as well ( with a very faint line appearing after a while). he later suggest that i do the blood test to confirm pregnancy as it is 100% accurate as compared to test kits.

Gynae called back today and says positive and mentions that my hCG level is low. could be a 'chemical pregnancy'.

I'm supposed to wait for my period these 2 weeks to confirm if my hCG doubles or declines. i do get the pregnancy symptoms, no MS though. just the tireness and frequent hunger pangs.

i am feelin at a lost.
sad.gif
any mummies ever had similar incident? will we lose the baby eventually via period or?

When is your last menses period?

I tested positive a day before my expected menses date, went to KKH and also got a very faint line.

Nearly scared to death by KKH because they say the HCG is very low. Went back to do another blood test to confirm the pregnancy. And because HCG is not enough during early pregnancy (I think I was only 3 weeks then), I had to be scheduled for a scan 2 weeks later.

It didn't help when I also don't have a lot of symptoms like MS. I only had sore boobs 2 weeks back, fatigue, super hungry and slight nausea.

We prayed very hard because we were so worried. Thankfully things turned out well, and I just had my scan at 7 weeks 4 days, saw the baby and the heartbeat.

Hang in there and don't worry!
happy.gif
You might be in super early stage of pregnancy? That's why ultrasound cannot detect yet.

Hi Cherie,

Congrats in your pregnancy! my LMP was on 25/3/2013. and my hCG count was 60 as compared to the usual 500. Gynae says highly my body will reject and i will be regarded as a chemical pregnancy or simply, miscarried. symptoms are pretty similar to my previous 3 cases. fatigue and cramps. review again next week to see if it grows or some other issues.

in fact, i do have mixed feelings for this pregnancy.
sad.gif
with 3 young childrens, i am in no position to have another one. our finances cant hold and support another lil one. my hubby is suggesting that i do not keep it.

Oh,Hi.. cloudy. Hope everything will go well for you. If the baby is fated to be yours,just accept it. We all know very well that raising 3 kids in Singapore Is not easy.. .. But for the 4th one, just make it the last lor. For your baby and your own good.. sorry to have comment ,But I truly hope to hear good news from you.

Cloudy, sorry only saw your reply now
happy.gif

How is everything? Hope all is well! Yup, might be difficult to raise more than 2 kids in Singapore. But well, kids are blessing and gift from above right?

Cheer up!

Back