(2011/02) Feb 2011

Baywater, your birth story is so fast and direct! Last check up Bb head has turned down but not engaged. I scare it'll be long hrs for me again.. And Bb is already more then 3kg. So scare will kena c sect..

Baywater - Congrats! Your delivery is indeed fast. Luckily you made your way to TMC...

dadnmum - your edd is only 2 days before me nad now you are going in already! Btw, why do you need to induce? baby big?

Hi Riverie,

The date/time was chosen by my fengshui master for auspicious reason. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fyi, i went shopping yday and happened to chance upon the Gina Ford's New contented little baby book @PS carrefour. Guess im lucky coz only left one & selling @$10. Mummies who interested can check with carrefour whether they still have stock but i dun think hv lor coz clearance sales.

Ah Ching, thanks for the info on GF book. Just contacted the seller. Thanks for the wishes too...

Mrs Ong, you are so lucky to buy the book at $10 only. Is it version 2002 or 2006?

Sovana.. I will be at TMC.. Dr say BB a bit small (2.6kg) at week 37 + 5 days.. n not absorbing much.. So ask me to induce.. I also dun know y the hurry.. Jus trust his judgement.. Hoping for natural without epi.. Let pray hard..

Btw wat ur BB wt now??

Moo moo.. Ya two days different.. Wt ur BB wt now?? Will u be sticking to ur Edd ??

Mummies on my way now..

Dadnmum,

BB weight was 2.94kg on 36w check. Forgot to ask abt her weight on 37w check cos was busy discussing with dr ww on the c sect. Good luck and hope u to have a smooth and fast delivery.

mummies with older children

did you get a gift for your older child when yr baby was born? what kind of gift did you get?

did u also get yr newborn a 'gift from korkor/jie jie'?

i made her choose her didi pj. and i brought her to a shop and let her choose btw two soft toy which she wants to buy for didi.

she told the maid herself she wanted to use her "money" to buy flower for didi. find it so sweet. we nvr taught her that.

but we din get anything fr didi to jiejie.

i m also the same.. quite upset.. the bb din grow much since last week. still ard 2.8kg for a boy.

My ger was born 3kg when born...

anw, bb will be out in about 15 hours time... the challenge begins.

so sweet... I have some gifts on standby at home, but quite bulky so was wondering whether it's worth lugging to the hospital cos gotta lug back. then was thinking of maybe just getting some hair accessories/ crochet beanie as gifts... easier to pack... hmm... too many soft toys at home, don't think I want to buy more...

all the best for yr delivery!

trinket: i bought a 'world's best older sister' for my girl and a 'little brother' for baby. then brought to hosp. told her didi bought for her and little bro is for didi. next day she wore it to hosp!! then ask me to let didi wear the little brother shirt hee but it is too big.. for 6-12 mth. :>

we also bought a doll toy for her but havent give her, not intending to say is from didi this time. still in store room

trinket: no, didnt get a present from mei mei to kor kor..

my boy still too young to understand what is present imo

just came back from Novena sq and United Sq

got my sleepy wrap already and used it..

hee hee.

Keira got a little rabbit soft toy for little Shyanne, and my she's proud of it! Those which little kids can hug to deep and take em out size.

Shyanne, "gave" her elder sister a wrapped up gift, which is a vacuum cleaner.

dadnmum - my bb's wt is abt 2.5kg and my gynae said probably wont be due this week. My next appt is next wed. Hmm.. if your gynae suggested induce, i guess it's better lor..

@Sovrana - not sure, should be 2006 and it's light blue in color. u going for csec tml & may i know why u opt of csec?

@dadnmum - izit ur placenta not good that why bb not absorbing? So far how much hv u put on? Hope everythings run smoothly for u & all the best!

Hi Mrs Ong,

I am coming to 38 weeks soon and my baby still not turned down yet. In fact she has been the same position since early stage. My gynae advised me to go for c-sect lor....he thinks baby will not turn due to her size. She is already 2.94 kg in 36 weeks.

Hey if anyone wanna get any insurance policy, i can introduce you my friend. he is in GE. He is a very nice guy. He shares alot of things with us (outside of insurance) and with no obligation that is why his service is very good and he climb up the corporate ladder v fast not becos he is pushy but becos his service is amazing.

PM me if you are interested in his service.

Dadnmum- when is your edd? Is this ur first bb? For me dr Adrian induce me for both pregnancies, both are princesses. For 1st gal, I was overdue by 1 day, and gynae didn't press me at all to give birth, i had so much difficulty walking and getting up the bus and closing my legs. He induced me based on the reason that mummy was not feeling good anymore. My gal was born 3.4 kg. For 2nd gal, very early he said 2nd delivery will be earlier before Cny even though my edd was 9th feb. Also my gal didn't seem to put on good weight in the womb. I guess gynae needs to manage our pregnancies, so cannot take too much risk. Can u imagine how stressful it is for them to be responsible shd anything go wrong at such a late stage. 2.6kg is ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Gals,

My birth story...

0705 went toilet and realized got "show". Slight tummy discomfort.

0730 told hubby to take leave and send me to hospital as this is my third, I don't want to take a chance. I showered and scrubbed myself clean from head to toe haha. 

0815 left for hospital 

0845 reached gynae clinic and was told to go delivery ward

0900 CTG shows no contraction but 4cm dilated. Cervix no signs of thinning. 

0930 gynae announced 5cm, I requested for epi. Gynae says no need since I hv history of short labour. I insisted on it and epi administered at 1030.

1130 9cm dilated. 

1150 got ready to push. Pushing was hard work as bb was facing up.  

1230 baby arrived.   

Congrats first mum.

In less than 10 hours time, i will see my baby boy... thou second preg but still v nervous. so used to taking care of 1 tod now another coming...

Hey hey ... I went to color my hair today hohoho!!! After nine months bed rest and close to one month confinement, driving my car out to run errands feels so so good!!! ;)

Wanted to cut hair also but no time today. Have to go back before mil comes with the confinement dinner. Hiak Hiak Hiak ... Tomorrow I going to wax n trim eye brow. Sat n sun is the full month party so have to look decently groomed. I look like an ape after the home confinement n bed rest. Whaha!!

Feels so nice to color all those white hair sticking outta my head.

Also bot some clothin for bb Emma and my son.

Reverie island, which hospital and wat time is your c sect? Mine also tomorrow at tmc at 12noon.

I think dadnmum is hugging her baby now. Wondering how is she now?

MamiB - Happy for u.. It's nice to doll up again after 9mths! Must look glam and pretty on the full mth celeb day. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Reverie n sovrana, Congrats soon u can see you little one. So excited for u both. Smooth delivery.

Reverie, Geri are more active at facebook =)

Mamibi, great have doll up urself n enjoy ur new look. Hehe I think after my confinement I will also go doll up myself haha. I haven start my confinement already thinking what to do after my confinement hehe.

Jeanie, Congrats!!!!!

Mommies don't know how is Zanta. Don't know is she doing well? Hmm..

Hihi, did any mummy give birth at TMC and attend their parenting class? They gave out a number to call. My Hubby lost that card.

Prob is I'm now engorged but there's no milk when baby latches or when I express. Getting very upset with myself

HI mrs ong,

hmmm.. my 1st prenancy, i put on 12kg.

this time, @wk38, coming to 10kg..

my problem is tummy protruding out n quite big when pregnant.. even after a yr, still can see the tummy esp sit down. one of the colls commented that i have to take care.. cant really wear the tight fitting top.. I have no problem with pre-natal skinny tight jeans after confinement..

wow.. like many mummies are going to pop today..

congrats to all mummies who have popped..

me too, tired of the waiting game liao.. will start my ML next week.. hope she will pop this weekend

@Mami B: My pain killer is the same as yours but I still feel some pain. Did you have any backache from the result of epidural? I already start to feel the impact..

@wish_child: Thanks alot for your concern. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I just discharged from hospital today and the whole day I was trying to settle down coz need to sterilize and pack alot of things. And I was left alone with bb for afew hrs in the evening, luckily bb never gave me trouble. But in the night time, she starts to be cranky and kept crying after her milk.

Experience mums, does babies know how to reject milk when they're full? The last feed in the hospital she had was 45ml, and just now she drank 45ml then stop and burp. But my mum was afraid she got not enough to drink so she asked me to continue feeding and she drank another 45ml of FM and gets cranky after that. Do you all think I fed my girl too much? I felt so guilty after that seeing her like so xin ku.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I don't know if it's due to over-feeding or due to the change in environment.. And I already gave in to soother as I'm afraid she'll have wind in her stomach after crying for so long..

0215 left hm

0300 checked in

0330 now resting n waiting for op at 730.

Thx wish baby. So nervous now. I fear more of e pain. My pain lasted almost a week for my 1st preg. Quite immobile.

I m told I will haf no food till sat n can only drink a bit of water! I m so hungry now.

@ally: Try putting warm towels around your breasts since they are engorged. It might help with the letdown.

@zanta: how old is your child? My boy tends to wants more in one feed while my girl prefers to drink less but more often.

Mine due 26th. Anyone opting for no epi? I went for that in my first pregnancy but really scared now. Thinking whether I should go for it for this one.

Reverie, Jia you. After see ur bb all the pain are worth it. After operation try not to move around or sit down. Jia you another 2hrs+ to go.

Zanta, great u doing fine. =). I think u better don't over feed ur bb girl. Feed her just nice the amount of milk. If u feel not enough for her just added another 10ml or 5ml.

Now newborn bb stomach very very small can't take it lot milk. Jia you =)

Zanta, my back not aching from epi.. i didnt have any side effects. not even shivering.. doc said that my spine was ideal for epi as he very easily found the exact spot he needed so my side effects will be very minimal. by the way, i found the brand name of the binder i am using. its Ammeda. bot it from my gynae clinic.

Rev Island, JIA YOU!!!!!!! So exciting that its your turn now. don't worry abt the op. you are surrounded by medical professionals!!!

You are finally going to meet your baby!!!!

Later remember to ask for baby to latch on three hourly from start of feed to start of feed regardless of any FM top up. latch start with 5min and gradually increase by 5 min until 20-25min tops. you dont want sore nipples before milk comes in.

Just woke up. Having breakfast while typing this. Need to eat full and drink as much as I can; if not I can't eat anything after 6am for c sect at 12 noon.

Rev island, jia you! Very soon you can have your baby in your arm.

Jia you to mommies who r going to pop [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mami b: time flies! Emma man yue le! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I have abt 2 weeks to go [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] when baby shave his head I will have a good wash too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zanta: most likely change of environment or ur baby trying to settle. It takes time, at hosp there are nurses so when u get home all seems too over whelming. Give it some time. I only got comfortable with my boy now after 2 weeks hee.

Also I think babies should know when they r full. They will not drink but ur baby still young so just be careful ba, esp is formula. Sometimes baby cry or open their mouth(a reflex) but may be want to be carried. Afterall they were in the dark and comfy womb for 40 weeks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so carry ur baby sing to her etc. She knows ur voice best!

zanta: since your BB is big, maybe need more milk than our BB who's smaller in size.

Have your milk come in?

If havent come in, I suggest u bf, hourly if need..

latch 15 mins or so.. bb still cry then give FM.

so early intro soother will affect ms.. wait until ms established then intro may be better..

anyway, jia you I know very scary to be alone with NB, happened to me my first pregnancy.

if feel overwhelmed, take up phone call frens or relatives. it helps

ally: When I cant have milk letdown, I pincy my nipples and roll between my fingers. It helps.

Also put cold cabbage leaf on your breast to relieve the engorgement. It sounds silly but it really helps.

sometimes when breast too engorged, bb can latch on. so try express out with fingers/ hand then latch BB when breast is softer.

Congrats all mummies whi have popped n jia you who havent

Those who wanna try w/out epi.... Jia you.... My 5 were all w/out epi.....

Mummies w big babies... Dun b scared.... My last one in 2009 was 4.14kg n delivered w:eek:ut a tear... Seriously... Have to listen to nurses when to push... Bt if doc advise u otherwise.... It is also fine... Believing gynaes knows best n mine is all the pro natural guy.....

Ah ching--- hows sleepy wrap... I wanna get one also w my frns gave me the cash for one... Wat color u bought? Easy to use? Cn use till hoW many kg?? Saw the video to use... Must get used to it hor??

Back