(2011/02) Feb 2011

trinket: my son behaves perfectly fine when he is not ard me.

The teachers in school and my brothers and sisters have all commented that he is very well behaved and a happy boy.

The aggressive behaviour only occurs at home and towards me.. sigh.

My Jun09 thread mummy recommended bringing him to KKH.. think I'll call and find out whether they have such a department

Thanks for your help

jeanietan: thanks.. I'm generally feeling fine.

Just that become very drained and on the edge when my elder one is ard.

He was with my brother since CNY eve and came after 3 days...

Hubby also just left S'pore yesterday so nobody to help..

luckily he is attending CC in the day.. otherwise I will really go bongkas..

I thinking of investing in a sleepy wrap... as retail therapy. ha ha

Mami

Thx for ur reply!

Wah how can u made it wo a cl? Must b tiring n ur boy should b attending pre n this yr, how can u cope??? N how u settle ur confinement n food?

We bought a single bed n put down all mattress dwn on e floor n zzz w her since she was 8 months. She zzz w us in e same bed since 4th month. We love zzz w her. According to gf, I think we haf to put e bb to zzz for at least 6 months in dark rm for all zzz n nap. I think it will b difficult if e bb cot in our rm as we will make trips to e toilet n my ger zzz at abt 9-10pm to 8-9am. She naps at abt 2-3pm.

U mean u hand squeezed n threw away e milk?

Starting on gf method means we mother has to start our day EVERYDAY fr abt 630am.

Thx again for sharing.

Congrats to those who have delivered. I m going for my last check up tmr n c section on fri. Hopefully my boy will come out to b at least 3.2kg. His last wt was 2.8kg.

mamiB: I tried putting my gal to sleep without patting or carrying..

but 2 days ago some relatives came and were rocking her all the time..

now she wants to be carried before she can fall asleep...

also as I'm a one man show.. I need to bring her out when I send my son to CC.

So I put her either in a carrier or sling.. and she sleeps.

Will cry when I take her out of the carrier or sling when I return home... in my case.. how to 'educate' her?

Hi all mummies, thanks all for your well wishes!!

@Val: Congratulations!! We got the same EDD and also ADD. Hehe..

@Mamaying: Ya lor, I think my bb top Feb'11 bb weight. =p

@Mami B: Which type of binder should I get?

ah ching

welcome! on sleepy wrap, one of my friends bought it and LOVES it.

zanta

wow big baby! great that your c-sec went well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

check-up

I went yesterday and was so relieved that I only gained 200g over the past 10 days. I was mentally prepared to gain 1kg, cos of all the food and snacks. gynae says ADD likely to be this coming weekend! bb is already 3.25kg at 28 weeks and 2 days, head is engaged, amnotic fluid at a good level...

Zanta, Congrats!!! Wow ur bb 3.9kg wow a giant bb. Should be very cute n chubby. Too bad I can't go over to see u or else I will go see ur bb. Hehe.

Valeria, Congrats!! Wow u have a hard time going through the delivery. But after saw ur bb boy all the pain n tired are gone. Some mommies have side effect of inject epidural. Hmm scary le. Don't know whether I can tahan the pain without epidural. =)

Ah Ching, hang in there... Sounds like a tough situation. My boy doesn't seem to like his sister either. Think they want attention from us.

Morning mummies! Started my ML yday and hv sms my sup whether i can go back to work tml & start my ML on next monday since gynae commented that my bb still can wait till 41wks!

This morning my parents in-law went out to buy 拜拜 stuffs for tian gong coz yday i told my MIL tat gynae said my bb still can wait. I thought they can pray tian gong but not me...in fact all cannot pray if i pop before chu jiu! Hopefully my bb can pop out spontaneously after chu jiu coz i dun wan to affect their prayers to tian gong, besides i can still go shop, eat & do my own stuffs leisurely. However, scare if my bb still inside my tummy after 16 feb - will be my last check up i guess coz 20 feb i'll be 41 wks!& that mean i have to prepare for induction! Wish me luck mummies!

@ourfirstbaby - huh thn no chance for us liao...

@zanta - congrats and it's so right to take gynae's advice. Guess i cannot be stubborn if my gynae advise me to go for csec.

@pinkyal - Congrats & rest well! Good for u as no induction needed and ur bb just pop spontaneously!

this period is so tricky to deliver!

on one hand there's the whole CNY thing... and how CLs are more expensive...

then there's the whole valentine's day thing... I'd like my girl to come out AFTER valentines, so people can buy her flowers on her birthday NOT at cut throat prices! haha.

And dates wise, 20 02 2011 looks cute. but of course 人算不如天算, so I'll just be happy whenever she decides to come out....

Trinket, wow we have the same edd but ur bb ADD this weekend. Wow make me very kan cheong. Haha my bb head just half way engage only. Wow must update us when ur little bb girl is out.

Mrs Ong, ur gynae can tell when ur bb coming out ah. Hmm I think I will ask my gynae today. Really can't wait for my bb to be out.=)

wish child

yours is first child, different mah... i tell you, you'll really appreciate the time the bb is inside, after the bb is out! it's NO JOKE caring for a newborn.

sure! will definitely be online thru forum and FB heh heh.

Trinket, Haha yap now im enjoy she inside me kicking n moving. But i feel she very poor thing. It like too cramp for her inside n she have limited space to move also. Hehe.

Must enjoy now and rest more. Or else once she out i will lose my sleep forever. haha

hihi everyone

So happy that a good number of us has popped :> and are enjoying the time with the bbs">

Jia you for those in the waiting line, ur turn will come.

My bb is still quite happy inside my tummy and I'm still enjoying her company, her movement.

I'm into my 39 wks and bb has yet to be in the engage mode, and this mummy is adopting wait n c. My gynea said that since my first is late, my second should be around the same timing as my first, so 2/3 more wks till she is out ">

Feeling so sleepy for this preg, just finish celebrating CNY and she is such a darling to let mummy celebrate and eat all the nice food.

Now is recuperate time and getting all the things necessary for her arrival ">

hi mommies

I have just completed my baby 1st month and have 30 leftover bengawan solo cake vouchers, expiring on Feb 2012. Selling at 10% off. Interested pls pm me.

Hey there trinket,

If my baby is not out by 14 feb I will probably choose to be induced on that day too! I didn't think about the expensive dinners for his birthday LOL....

Hopefully he will be on time...I am already 3 to 4 cm dilated and almost effaced and still feel nothing!

Hi mami

As I read, I have some doubts. Pls share w me ur exp if u don't mind. Btw, u sahm? I m staying in katong.

Regarding zzz in dark n quiet rm, what happen when he is a few months old n we go out often in e wkn? It will be bright n noisy. There is also a contrary. I feel that bb should Also learn to zzz in all circumstances n how do we keep our tod n volume at home dwn to e minimum?

Congrats to all mummies who popped...

Ah Ching: hang on thr...they jus tend to wan attention n my boy also hit me or hit table...then i will take his hand n hit myself harder then ask him now who more pain? Ur hand or my leg? End up he slowly ustd n wont hit me le...

I also one woman show cuz dad cant handle kaiden n i had to juggle them both...worst than u cuz u stil can haf time out when he go CC...hates it when both of them clash n nid attention...but i tell myself when both bigger, we can relax le...jus tahan awhile more...

Worst wif all the stress, my milk supply drop n hb tell me if too stress jus feed FM le...

No choice cuz i sahm so din get CL as hb pay low...but we jus hapi wif the all-in all-out income...jus nid to tahan for a yr then i will go wk & either get a maid or put both kids in CC...endure the little hardships now & will b hapiness aft 1yr time...so y not?

U jus take care loh...hugs

Bigflamingo, wow 3-4cm so fast. Mine still 0cm. Haha but her head already enagage.

I also hope my girl will be valentine day bb. Hehe. Just asked my gynae whether she will be overdue. My gynae Said maybe will because I'm 0cm dilate. Haiz. Hope she will out early than 19feb or else will see whether need to induce or c sect le

hi wish child, went for gynae check up today. am 37 week & my baby is abt 2.4kg. baby still not engaged yet. urs edd is 19th rite? very near to my edd. how u feeling now since your baby engaged now.

so many mummies have popped. it will be ur turn soon. =)

Ah Ching, wads sleepy wrap? When your hubby coming back? He's helping you throughout your confinement?

Pinkyval, your birth story sounds alot similar when I deliver my no1. Slow dilation, stretching of cervix, need two nurse to help to push the tummy.. In the end got vacuum too.. And rib cracked due to nurse pushing. Hehe

I'm back from gynae.. Was strapped to the ctg and realize not much contractions. Gynae say base on tummy size, Leonard will be at least 3kg.. 38w1d Liao.. Hope he comes out soon!

Darlest, my bb now week 38 but nv ask the weight. Haha. Happy bb head engage le but 0cm dilated. My gynae said maybe my bb overdue. Hmm hope she will be valentine day bb. Haha.

Bb head engage feel quite difficult when turn left or right when lie on bed. And keep have feeling she kept push her head down to my pelvis. Feel very happy head engage but heard she will overdue feel sian. Haha.

When ur due date?

Hello.. I went for my 37 week check today and gynae said I am 1cm dilated already but my cervix still long... Will do my CTG next week. Actually I am quite surprised I already 1cm dilated.

trinket and wish child,

Actually I have no idea how big he is, I only know he Is of average weight but tall. I think he will be big like his brother ha ha. My doctor asked if I am feeling any contractions, but I'm like, my pelvic bone aches my back aches everything aches and I have quite a lot of Braxton hicks but nothing regular. I find myself feeling pretty grumpy these days though. I think ghat is a sign?

Moomoo, wow so good. 1cm dilate. Soon u can see ur bb soon =)

Bigflamingo, better take note when u have bad backpain and contraction. Hmm I told my gynae I have slighty contraction he said is BH n it very normal. Hmm need to walk around when BH started. If the contraction gone when u walk around then is BH if the contraction get worse mean it contraction.

My BH will getting stronger n harder n longer each day pass.

hi wishchild, my edd is 23th Feb. my no. 1 also overdue by 3 days. so gynae say mei mei might follow my no.1 too. =)

even though my baby not engaged yet, i also feel quite difficult when turn left or right when lying down. also feel my baby keep pushing down too..

esp this week, been feeling whole body & feet super tired & heavy. my tummy also feel super heavy too.. when i go cny visiting, every1 is commenting im sooooooo skinny, only stomach round round, like carry a football in front.

when i hear tat, i almost burst out laughing.

Rev island, I used to be working mom when I had my #1. Now I am SAHM for these few months. Then I will be WFHM work from home mom! LOL!!

I am staying close to u. I am at meyer road. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My experience with #1 is children are v adaptable. We had him sleep in the early days in darkness. But that doesn't mean that he cannot go to sleep in the stroller when we go shopping etc. Tired kids sleep any where. The key about the darkness thing I feel is basically to help a young Bb differentiate day from night & be insync with us. After that is established and Bb is sleeping more at night than in the day, it doesn't matter so much if we go out once awhile to meet friends etc. In any any case, if routine goes haywire,just try to get it back on track as soon as u can (on same day). If all else fails, start over at 7am the next day.

Noise at home

Once the nursery door is shut, we can watch tv, my son can cry and scream. And it has very little impact in the nursery. Key to this is getting a baby monitor so u feel ok shutting the door.

I dont put my son in the same room as Bb. So when my son comes back from school, my Bb will be transferred to the cot in my bedroom. In the day, my Bb sleeps in the cot in the nursery/kids room. My son plays and reads in the kids room so it's not conducive for Bb to sleep in. And I don't wana deprive the poor elder one who is already so jealous of the NB , the comfort of his own room and access to his toys n bks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hm... These are my own interpretations n applications of the GF method. Hope it is useful for ur reference! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear all, please beware of CL auntie Meijie. Her contacts are 93500170(sg), +60165181278 & +60125841293. She is not fit to be CL and claimed that she has worked as CL for more than 10 years. I am sharing here so as to cautious future mother not to face the bad experience I have, more important is the harm done to the new-born baby.

First, she got no sense of hygiene at all. She got long fingernails and kept on dropping her hair. U can see hairs almost everywhere. baby bath basin, towels, feeding towels etc.

Second, her cooking skills sucks as the food got no taste at all. Think her taste buds got issue as she got to eat at least 3 chilli paties every meal. She don't know how to cook confinement food to help the mother to release the wind or reducing the tummy.

Third, she like to deny things even if she got caught. e.g. use baby clothing pail to soak her clothes.

Fourth, she is not automatic in doing housework like vacuum and mopping floor. Got to instruct her to do.

Fifth, she do things at her own convenience with no consideration of the baby and mother's welfare. She can wash her clothes when the baby is awake, leaving the baby alone.

Sixth, she dunno how to operate equipment such as warmers, steriliser etc.

Last of all and the most important point, she told me she don't want to work anymore when I told her to do her work seriously after spotting her not cleaning my baby hygienely and allowing shit to be on my girl's pussy.

Feel free to msg me if u want to know more and happened to have booked her in advance. Pls think thrice to confirm her as ur CL

Checkup,

went to gynae yest on wk38.3, baby is abt 2.8-2.9kg n engaged. amnio fluid is okay. baby puts on 300g since last check up at wk36. i put on 0.7kg instead. =P

Hi trinket n wishchild,

as having same EDD with u, gynae said might pop these few days if follow my no1 pattern. the comment made me a bit kan cheong as these few days clearing my projects at work.. physically i am very tired esp my backache

Hi Darlest,

hmmmm.. my body din change much for my no1 except the tummy is huge like carrying a big ball.. however, i find it very difficult to shrink back after giving birth. do u have the same problem?

today i told my gynae the concern that i have, she commented after the 2nd will be more difficult to shrink back.. arghhh!!!

@Mami B: Which type or brand of binder are you using? The one the clinic assistant gave me was to be wore after I don't feel so much pain so I'm not wearing any now as I still feels pain at my wound area and my mum and friends commented on my big stomach yesterday. I also felt bloated and can feel alot of wind inside. Luckily my mum made me Ginger tea which helped in getting rid of some wind in my stomach.

@Idaar: Hehe.. True la but I feel sad to hear them say that coz I still look 4-5 mths preg now.. And my gynae commented that due to big bb, my uterus will take longer time to shrink and the wind in stomach is normal.

Zanta, I am using the clinic one I got for my first Bb. Hope u recover fr the wound soon. I didn't have any pain for this delivery apart from uterus contraction when breast feeding on day 1 & 2... Maybe my threshold is high or the pain killers I ate was very high dosage - synflex.

My tummy has come down quite a bit as I only put on 4kg nett for the pregnancy.

@wishchild - my bb also engaged le & 0cm dilated as cervix still tight & closed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I guess my bb also overdue coz my gynae said i can wait till 41wks! Scare go for induction...will u opt for csec if induced?

@pingping - why hard to shrink back? Thot should be easy if din put on much wt? How much u hv gained so far?

Zanta: slowly, I think everyone looks 4-5 mths preg even on discharge. Drink the longan tea, if can get massage, eat healthy confinement foods, slowly will go back to original. I think minimal 6 mths. Slowly work it back dun rush [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] oh yeah breastfeed then will shrink faster also [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dun go n weigh urself just makes u feel worse. Naybe end of confinement then weigh. There's some water retention tt takes time to go away as well. Take care preTty mommy!

Hi mommies,

Congrats to those who have delivered!! I'm officially into 39weeks today. Am already 2.5cm dilated since last sunday. My mucus plug just dropped this morning. I wonder how long more do i still need to wait...getting more and more impatient at this stage...mommies who are waiting to pop, lets encourage each other!!

Hi Mummies,

Have been following the thread but this is my first post. Today's my due date but still no signs of labour. Baby's 3.8kg, going to induce this Friday if he's not out by then. Getting scared coz I'm still trying for natural, wish me luck guys!

Zanta

i took 10 months to regain my waist line for #1 .

this time, i think sure take a min of 4 months. its a small but stubborn pouch... think must do sit ups.

Hey ping ping

I realised we have the same gynae too!

She said hard to shrink back ah? No worries lah... most impt is bb is healthy. many ways to get body back in shape.

zanta

it's very normal...for the first two weeks to still look preggie.

go for malay massage and wrap, breastfeed... look after bb yourself... those are the best ways of getting back in shape. lots of the mummies on this thread who have given birth lost loads of weight already! jia you! a lot of mummies I know lose until less than pre-preg weight some more!

Back