(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

mangogal

i have gone back to work since early feb. cant wait to go back and work as i feel its more me. i cannot imagine having to bring out porridge when we go out and all. my "army" haversack will start to get heavier and heavier!

muddypaws

i dont think i will start on cereals too early for andrew. he has not even learned how to flip yet haha, my lazy bum bum.

Melissa,

Honestly I can't quite remember how to go about feeding cereals already hehe.. even though it was only 1 year + ago when I introduced it to my no 1, mumnesia la..

but i can roughly remember that i started replacing 1 feed with cereal, so she only ate semi solids once a day, timing really depends on you and the baby..

I gave her in the morning, some sort like breakfast, cos she was also more alert then.

And then when she reached 6 mths, i introduce brown rice porridge with fish even though most ang moh parenting books say dun introduce fish until 8 - 10 mths..but i follow chinese style (both mum and MIL say can feed), so i gave her blended brown rice, fish and veg for her lunch.

Juliana,

whereabout in the East will your bro be most likely working or staying? cos there are lots of childcare choices in the east.. Price range is quite huge, if you opt for those run by the government (PCF type), its quite affordable at about $300 - $400 per mth.. Of cos if your SIL would like to choose "brand-name" schools then will have to pay up to $1600 per mth...

I must say it will be very daunting for your SIL, so the best way for her to choose will be to pay a personal visit to the childcare centres around the area..

Andrea,

i understand how u feel... i remember feeling so sad when my elder gal didn't really smile at me or acknowledge me whenever i came home from work, she was only 4 mths old then.. After a few mths of seeing how she became closer to daddy and to her grandma, I made the decision to stay home w her for a year..

Now after 1 yr with her, she is super close to me.. Sigh, I believe the same thing will happen to my no 2, i'm sure she won't be as close to me when i return to work. Sob..

Juliana, dunno lei. Just now bend sideway wanna pick up something than e knee joint gave way away after hv e crack (te sound) than can walk.. Siao liao!! THink i really lack of calcium.

Thanks dew.. but it's not sprain.. it's my joint problem i think.. Can tuina?

raspy, jia lak.. i old liao huh.. cham...boohoo ;p

andrea!!! I miss you!!! How are you??

haloo mummies... wahh so many posts in the morning!

i dont see anything wrong w mangogal sharing and posts. i've met her too, and she's a v nice mummy. as said, this is a forum and u can choose wat not to read.

i agreed tat tallie u r getting personal w mangogal.

diaper rash:

my girl is not having the rash but a red spot ard her butt. its been there for so long and i brought her to see doc, he gav some cream for it. jus say tat the diaper is damp.

flipping:

haa.. after flip, now my baby 'roll' gotta keep watching her eh.

oshgosh, my girl recognise ppl at 3mths old and even cry when her daddy come back from reservist. haa!! and i find tat especially when she jus wake up, she has no mood to let anyone carry.

weaning:

me also v lazy mummy leh. already SAHM but dragging the time to feed her even at 6mths! haa!! anyway, she still cant sit properly and hold herself well. i guess i will wait till she's able to do so.

stefie, there's Nan made in phillipines. my hb says tat when he research online, it caused alot of bubbles and will be gasy to baby. tats why he insist only get those made in netherlands.

too many posts to catch up le. come back again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oshgosh: I dun think she wants "brand name". She said need to be thrifty coz she won't be working if she comes over. So, cheaper better but of coz cannot be too dodgy. I prefer PCF or NTUC ones coz at least it is known.

Ya! $800 expensive right for PCF? I always thot PAP ones shd be cheaper. Unless she quoted wrongly. She wasn't very sure, she said roughly $800. Strange, My first Skool which is NTUC only charges $500+ but it's full!

My bro will be working at Changi Business Park. They haven't decided where to stay yet. Initially they thot wanna stay near his office but now they considering Sembawang coz got express bus direct to Changi from here. Then if stay near me, my mum can help out both sides maybe? So, I think now they still considering, that's why I'm helping them to find out some info like Primary School, Childcare, Rental, etc. At least to help them make some decision on where to stay. Hse rental now is super crazy!

tigger, my PD doesn't check on my gal's developments but that might be cos i only bring her to PD when she's sick. her immunisations are taken at the polyclinic so it's one of the assigned docs there who checks on her when it's time.

starting solids:

i thought about starting my gal on solids too but then i think will wait til later also. since i've stopped bf-ing, she's been taking fm during the nights and is putting on weight rapidly! so cute to see her so chubby. hehehe...

nan pro 1:

i also didn't know there's a difference btw philippines and netherlands... my mum just bought a tin from shop & save... think it shd be philippines. but so far my gal doesn't have problems with it (touch wood!). better start buying those from netherlands just in case!

hanging up my pumps:

i've officially put away my breastpump and the bottles and i must say it's an immense relief! bf-ing was great while being a SAHM, but once i started work, it didn't really gel with my lifestyle. still it was great while it lasted and no matter whether it's fm or bm, i'm sure my gal will benefit from either. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

childcare:

juliana, my cousin just placed her 18mth in full CC in simei. one of the community centres... after subsidy, it's about $520 a month. she said if it's just half day, the difference is about $50.

andrea, your little andrew looks so much like his jie jie! both are absolutely adorable, love seeing their photos on FB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

killing germs:

i've read before that mixing white vinegar with water and spraying them on furnitures can help to kill germs/bacteria. read more here: http://www.vinegartips.com/scripts/pageViewSec.asp?id=7

oshgosh

but i cant give up my job. we need dual income to sustain, haha! guess we gotta lose some in order to gain some. really up to individual to weigh our priorities.

rainbow

im good, miss chatting with you! your boy is getting v handsome! have you gone back to work alr?

cherry!! yr gal sucking her toes liao ah!! next one sure boy!!! can try liao.. dun wait.. lol

Andrea, starting work in jun but can't fit into my suit!! just had my massage and ML says i;ve lots of water retention. ;( Tell u ah, i realise my boy look abit like la pi xiao xin!! lol

Juliana> Yupz, that was me who added you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Roz> Speaking of other groceries.. Before bb was born, I used to go Giant to buy a trolley-load of food to cook.. After bb born, no time to cook, every time go Giant only buy a trolley-load of bb related stuff, mainly diapers and wet wipes… How life has changed with a bb around.. hehe…

Raspy> You're so funny, say your girl scared people steal her diapers.. Lol!! And *hugz*, can understand how you feel abt the BF discussion, jia you in your efforts to continue to give your girl BM k, your efforts are not wasted.. For one, every ounce of BM you give saves you a bit of $$.. hee.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dec Mum> I rmb when I was pregnant, every workshop / talk I attended, I will receive lots of samples of those milk for pregnant and breastfeeding mums.. If you can get hold of those samples, try all to see which one taste okay for you.. They all taste a bit different.. Adding different amount of powder/water will also affect the taste.. If too bland, maybe try adding more powder? Anw I love bubble milk tea too!! But that day after I drank Gong Cha, my bb was super HIGH at night, so I a bit scared of drinking bubble tea now.. hahaha…

Tigger> My PD always does all the routine checking of bb when we bring him to her.. Like touching the soft bone in the head, pressing on the stomach, checking his testicles etc..

Rainbow> My hb recently also got problem with his knees! Cannot even climb stairs properly.. Went to see 中医 who prescribed some black stuff and told him not to eat chicken / duck / fried stuff (can't rmb what else was on the list).. He also took glucosamine.. Now better le..

Oh no.. i just found out that the IFC I'm sending my boy to, which is Sparkle Tots PCF, doesn't have Chinese as mother tongue in ther CC programme. Hmm... may have to register him in advance for CC in another centre then..

Dew: OK thanks. SO far I find out only Sembawang. Will start finding out east CCs.

muddypaws: what is ang huay?

Re: friso

They just called to tell me they'll courier samples for Stage 2 to try.. I don't remember where I left my contact number le..

mummies, just ignore whoever she is... Let con't to chat everything under the sun!!

mango mango... u;re alaways our sweet sweet mango.. ;)

Jialing,

Tingkat: sorry I checked,East only. Companies usually cover specific area to keep food fresh as tend to deliver very early. This one does not use MSG, halal(so my maid can eat as well) thats why I like.

There are a lot similar in the market, maybe mummies staying in Central/West can recommend?

muddypaws: oh.. pomegranate leaves! it works? I'll try later.. thankie!

rainbow: you make feel like eating sweet sweet mango liao.. staying home is really no good, I feel hungry all the time..

bubbly.. lol.. look at his brow so la bi ziao xiao look alike!! kekeke. He was 63cm ard 3mths.. now dunno wat's his height. Hopefully, he'll be tall cos his dad and me is below 1.65cm.. lol

bubbly, ang huey is pomegranate leaves. i also use that sometimes on my gal.

rainbow, if bb sucks on toes, it means the next one is boy??!! jia lat, mine also started sucking on her toe last week! lol!!!! i thot it looked really cute. :p

as for joint pain, i'm not sure if still can tuina but can call to ask. they speak mandarin though, and the tuina people are mostly from china. they have acupuncturists, those are local.

Mangogal

I certainly dun feel tt way. Dun be upset. I think wer all here to share n every mummies is 'adult' enuf to decide wat they wan to do and wat they prefer. As a 2nd time mummy yself, sumtimes i also share wat i do with #1 when she is jus a BB so tt 1st time mummy can also knw n 'agar agar' decide where n what they wanna do frm there. We r nt like making decision or forcin them to do wat we do. I dun think u were so pushy, self centered or watever as mentioned.. Forum is for us to chat, share everything. Dun get affected.

My view, i hope i dun offrnd anyone, is tt if u can share or be open, better dun get involved n point finger cos its jus so nt fair for 2nd ti mummie who sonetimes wan to share & we haf a lot of experienced mummies sharing a lot of valuable information!!

And seriously, there is nothing wrong with mummies being proud of their kids!! I am one too..

bubbly, lol.. u can read my mind!! Now is durian crave! Siao liao.. how to slim down!! With my mum ard to lure me with all e sweet stuffs.. I'm be a fat auntie too cos i love to shop at NTUC!!

Rainbow> Eat high calcium everything then! Haha.. I eat high calcium milk bread with high calcium cheese every morning.. And I make my milo with high calcium condensed milk... When we go grocery shopping, my hb will take all the different brands of bread / cheese / milk to compare and see which has the best balance of high calcium + low fat content before buying... Super Uncle lah.. And also, must cut down drinking anything with caffeine, coz caffeine will block calcium absorption.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dewdew, congrat first hor. Tat's wat old folks said... if my boy suck, i must immediate pull out.. next one i wan a GAL!!! if yr gal nipple is pointed, next one will be a boy. if you boy thigh only has 1 line, next one will be a boy. go check.. haha. I've checked mine and all e more cfm next one boy again.. *sigh*

raspy, ya, feel for u too. i only pump 20 each time and sometimes getting remarks always make me so guilty for not able to produce more and total bf. but watever it is, we just jiayou!

muddypaws, really admire ur perseverance on pumping. hw abt feed liz when she jus had a bath, before going to nap and/or when she jus woke up? i find tat these are the times where my bb is in her 'drowsy' mode. dont knw if it helps?

feeding becomes a real challange now when my girl is so playful and distracted! i've to split up her feed sometimes twice or thrice. i dont wanna become a habit leh. how??

rainbow, nw suck toes also hav meaning to get boy? lol!! me dont want so fast to hav 2nd eh. haa!! think u get more calcium ya. and stock ur house with milk in fridge [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yes, Alyssa now advance to sucking toes besides her thumb =_=

Stefie, Eoneon, Muddypaws:

ya thanks will bring bb out more, else after I start work can only bring on weekends.

BM: I also din joined the discussion here. But there are some specific forums that are very good and encouraging that kept me going when I encountered a lot of problems with my first child.

bubbly, me too leh. feeling hungry all the time!! lol

hw to see bb is tall anot? alyssa was 69cm when she went for her 4th mth jab. she's 5mths old today le. how fast!!

well said, dbaby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i really learnt alot thruout my preggie journey and during tat tough months after birth from all 2nd time mummies. v valuable to me!

rainbow: My gynae prescribes calcium pills for me for bf-ing and till now, I am still taking them. 30pills for S$3... maybe you can ask your gynae for them? I also drink a lot of milk.

cherry: haha... i don't dare to feed liz when she is drowsy. I was feeding her cereal last time and she was both sleepy and hungry, so she struggled through the feed with her eyes half open and eventually without notice, she just felt asleep into the bowl! My helper and I were trying not to laugh too loud!

cherry/rainbow: liz hasn't learnt to suck toes yet. She has however learnt to hold her teether and put it into her mouth, and when she's tired of it, she throws it onto the floor. I pick it up, wash it, pass to her, and she would throw again! Faint...

cherrry, alyssa is 5mths already, wow!!! congrats and happy 5th month to her! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and she's really growing tall, mine i think will be short like her parents. :p no choice, got our short genes! lol! lucky she's a girl...

rainbow, my mum says if bb's face looks like boy, then the next one will be boy. like mine, sometimes ppl will mistake her for a boy so my mum says next one will be a boy. but not so soon lah, maybe next year or so. let me have a break first.... lol!

ooh, muddypaws, hw abt feeding milk when she's drowsy so can help her to take milk? hee! so funny lar, fell asleep into the bowl! sure both of u find her so cute to see her does tat.

liz can now hold the teether properly to put in the mouth? alyssa still anyhow poke her face lo.

rainbow

is it due to the thick eyebrows of your boy? haha cuteness! how come you started your massage so late? why must wear suit huh? *curious* haha

dewdew: Liz looks so much like a boy now... sigh, that means my #2 (if i decide to have another) would be a boy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cherry: Yup, she can put the teether into her mouth. SOmetimes, she's tired of holding but still wants the teether, she places it on her mouth/upper lip, so that she can lick it. Quite funny to see her do these things.

Good idea, but liz is the kind where if she wants to sleep, she wants to sleep... she would drink 2 sips then zzzzzzzzzzz

rainbow

so cute of u all to keep guessing the gender of #2... i also very curious to knw so i played the 'thread & ring" game.. very accurate for me.. hahaha.. and the nipple thingy, my grandma also said nxt is a boy, and my auntie also said tt.. so can believe 50-50 ba..

cherry

cos i very angry to see tt post. we learn frm everyone here, even frm 1st time mummy. some stuff tt we didnt experience with our #1, we might with #2. so sometimes when 1st time mummy share certain experiences, we also gain as well...

teething

i also feel tt my boy will teeth earlier.. hahahhaa.. jus another strong hunch again..

2nd time mummy

jus wanna ask if any of u makes 'cooling' drinks for ur #1?? cos my gal gave me a fright on fri nite. i tot she HFMD le.. she gt 2 ulcers on the sides of her mouth, and both upper & lower lips red red and like skin gonna break. so worried and brought her to A&E. but end up didnt wait cos no med to stop but only cream and also cos no red spots on hand n feet so cant cfm. but frm fri nite til nw, she still no signs of red spots and also the 2 ulcer didnt add on, and its healing up. so i am relieved.

i think cos i dun make 'cooling' tea for her weekly. and also the weather lately hot n cold, so her body 'flare' up ba.. can share??

**sorry for being so sensitive or a bit agitated in my earlier post. cos i really enjoyed myself here as compared to my prev thread with #1. cos there are also some 'not so friendly' mummies there too. thus i enjoy the chat with all the 1st time n 2nd time mummies. i seriously dun like her post on mangogal when she is jus sharing experiences.. pai sei hor***

Rainbow! durian! ish! sinful.. sinful.. hahaha.. next one boy, handsome.. next next one gal, pretty.. ok la.. :)

Lee: your hubby good le.. mine also compare, but compare price only.. hahaha..

cherrry: Alyssa so cute sucking her toes lor.. super aerobic.. whoa.. your gal also long ah.. 69cm at 4 months.. and happy 5th month! i still remember you went to USS and next day labour liao.. :-D

rainbow,

i also can't fit into my old work clothes, siannn... think my hips have expanded, and my tummy still too flabby.. end up, i've been buying lots of new clothes for work, shiong financially.

Cherry,

Alyssa is very tall! 69cm for 4 mths very tall.. u can use those online baby weight and height calculator to check.. i posted b4, i post again.. u can check under Length for Age (link on the right)

http://www.infantchart.com/index.php

Dbaby, Cherry, Rainbow, muddypaws & Melissa

thks for ur sweetness and encouragement, HUGS[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wah come to think of it, must thk Tallie for her posting, hehe if nt I wont know who are the real mummies that speak up for me and treasure me as a fren[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yalo, last time in my gal's thread, those 2nd time mummies also share good and useful info, I also learn frm them, everything is trial and error, exchange info[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dbaby & Roz, hiaz..weather nt good, think good to make liang cha for our #1.

Dbaby, ur gal gt any fever? Eh..seems like u bring her to A & E recently? SHe recover frm flu liao? Brufen helps?

THink ur gal just heaty la, ulcers or maybe thrush? Thrush also white spots on mouth and gums area...

so long as no blisters n red spots are nt HFMD.

Make green bean soup for her also, u are expert in cooking so make more liang cha for ur family[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so far I make barley and chrysanthemum tea for my gal, but sick cant drink cos scared phlegm.

Dbaby, hey u chk out our medical hall dwnstairs? that time my gal gt cough n phelgm, they gt me baihe lian hua (Hua4 tang2 zi3 ke2 cha) sometink like dat to brew and let drink to clear the phelgm n cough...whole family can drink also

Rainbow: do u hv musle pain? Take more calcium ok?

BTW any of u hving backpain?

I scare slip disc :p

Woo hoo! now that so many mommies are back at work, the thread is SUPER active now! just one morning and i can't seem to catch up on all the posts liao! hehehe... someone commented thread runnign fast. indeed it is. i kaypoh, went to check on posts of the 2010 mommy threads, our Dec MTB has one of the highest posts, next to March mommies. well done all! hahaha

TenQ- ya la, maybe your girl not used to sitting up like that yet. i agree, cannot sit too long, maybe short periods of time but of course not like half an hour or more.. start with few mins then 5, then 10 etc... but depends on babies also. my girl likes it and is able to sit in it watching us, specifically her sister, play or just our activities. it's a different perspective from lying down and staring at the often bare ceiling! oh ya, tip, you might have to adjust her thighs a little to get the right 'fit'. pull them out a little bit, jst a little, so she won't fall forwards so easily. ;)

Mango - rough morning huh? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope with the jiemeis' support here you're feeling much better now.

Tallie- We're all here for the friendship and support and i think so far we've all been doing that pretty well. it's true that some topics aren't so relevant and like the rest, i'll take a backseat if nothing to share/contribute, and Mango is probably just really enthusiastic about sharing on topics she's had experience with and may have come across the wrong way to you.

Vouchers -

i'll probably also go for NTUC vouchers.. sure can use de! heheh... big First choice also good, giant is a superstore, besides groceries, there's so many other things you can buy! speaking of which, i do have $200 taka vouchers. planning to use it this wed when they have ladies and bags sale at the basement square [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] looking forward to shopping before i go back to work in May...

Hi mummies!

Haven't posted for a long time but I try to keep up with all your postings... Learnt a lot from you all and also compare your babies progress with mine so that I know it is normal when certain things happen... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyway, just an update, my girl is 5 months already and she doesn't show any interest in flipping at all! The most she can go is 3/4 way... Always get stuck at the sholders... then she give up and go-stan... back to lying on her back... haha...

Yesterday, we really shag her out, brought her out early in the morning for my dog's swimming gathering. After that, came home fed her then went out for lunch followed by a trip to the mums and babes warehouse sale then went back fed her and went to my parent's place to let her swim.. After dinner, by the time reach home, it was 9pm already... She was so tired she kept crying and didn't want to sleep...

Normally, every night we will just switch off all the lights and just leave a small light on, turn on the music and her cot mobile and put her into the cot, she will talk to herself for awhile before dozing off and sleep until next morning... Last night, she will just cry and cry... need to carry her and pat her to sleep in the arms before putting her down... think she was really shag out... even skipped her last feed at 10.30pm... by 10 she was out until this morning... haha...

Think next time cannot pack too many things in 1 day... brought her to my MIL place today, she said how come she is so dark??? hahah...

Just to check with you all, I'm not sure why i can't find the 2010 Dec mums group in FB already... I was a member previously but now I can't find it anywhere under my FB account... Funny... any of you experience the same thing?

Raibbow, wah JB, njoy!!

Yvaine, yes thks to the jiemeis support and brother yugal support, haha!

Sidetrack food craving:

Any of you tried BK latest burger promotion? Single crispy and mashed potatoe burger?

Isit nice? Ask my hubby to buy for dinner later

Raibbow, wah JB, njoy!!

Yvaine, yes thks to the jiemeis support and brother yugal support, haha!

Shivan, hey long time didnt see ur post! Ur gal is very pretty and fair, love her rosy cheeks!

Sidetrack food craving:

Any of you tried BK latest burger promotion? Single crispy and mashed potatoe burger?

Isit nice? Ask my hubby to buy for dinner later

wahh.. the thread going too fast le.

roz, mangogal, at hw old then feed bb w childlife?

haa.. muddypaws.. so cute lo.. liz wants to sleep means sleep. hmm.. gotta find a way to make them drnk milk. mine too distracted to finish whole feed now.

yalor, dbaby, we learning from one another, good u stand up to say.

bubbly, think mummies here rem me going to USS to enjoy before labour. lol... yeah.. she really can put her toes in mmouth now.

thanks oshgosh.. haa.. me so short lor. but her daddy is tall. hee!

Thanks for the feedback on pd assessments. Guess I better bring my son to polyclinic for his jabs.

I have officially stopped pumping from yesterday. It is very tiring to juggle both work and pumping. Really hats off to mummies who are still going strong. Jia you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rainbow: Glucosamine is good for cartilage and joint problems. It is better for you to check with the doctor. Caltrate (calcium) tablet is also good for your body. Try eating anchovies, milk cheese etc as suggested by jiemeis here.

Dbaby,

I always make once a week for my kids.. The Chinese parsley with water ..

Just buy from ntuc I pack Chinese parsley

Washed .. Do not cut the roots

Put whole thing in a pot then fill water in medium size pot by half then boil for 30mins.. Let cool and drink..

Good for whole family.. U try.. Can clear hfmd when they have and it's not too cooling for them

U can drink too

Mango just saw the later posts. Yes agree with Dbaby too. Don't take it to heart ya. Flaming here doesn't get very far. Like u said, it's a blessing in disguise! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hugs

rainbow: enjoy!

mangogal: i feel like killing you! I have been trying so hard to counter all the food temptations! :p

shivan daddy: long time no see.. ya woh, i can't find you in Dec'10 MTB on FB also, but listed in my friend list only..

Rainbow,

Try buying calcium pills from nature farm.. It's from bio science.. It will not cause constipation on make body heath.. It's very good .. I had it when I was pregnant too..

Back