(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

But for my case, I don't wanna take the risk of jl health to go full day cc now so he is now a stay at home boy,

That doesn't mean that he nv learn.. He learnt thru play and he is very good in listening to instructions

Of course there might be cons, as he will only face my mil.. N he will be the king at home. Have to tell my mil if he is wrong, u have to also scold him

I will try to teach him but at times I go Høme still have to struggle with housework etc n seriously the best time would be weekends. Alternate nights I will color with him, do some art n craft. Sing songs etc with him

Jl is going weekend classes at Gug soon. I just hope he will be less active n let him have some "serious" learning by the professionals

Thereafter, he will go two hours playgroup every weekday when he turns two. If there is no slot, I will either wait till he is three (mine cannot pre register) etc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sorry I gotta break intO so many post in case its gone

Nv go to cc doesn't mean they don't fall sick

But at least they have the full attention n will recover very fast

Jl gain weight very slowly even though he is not such a fussy boy n he can est a lot but he hate milk

So I can't imagine if he go cc now, he sure be a skinnier boy cos they won't have the patient ESP when feeding him milk

I have to look out for those near my house in the event if

The one I want cannot take him since it cannot be pre register n I called up a few n all started Is at the age of three

I asked them why, all tell me the similar thing, at the age of three is then the appropriate age for them to learn n absorb faster

Hmm.. Don't know if I mention before, I even called up consultant about my concern as jl cannot go school to learn n I kind of sounded funny n also very stressful n we talked very long very the phone

My hubby just say he is still young n also, next time he Cfm will need to go to the school n why worry so much? Hsha that's the main diff btw me and hubby

He think so easily n I'm always do stressful

I think at least by now, 19 mths he can speak more n express himself more, can engage him to some learning stuff but also not do lOng hours as they still have very short learning concentration time

At cc doesn't mean they teach 12 hours per day also, right?

If I can, able to, I wish to have more time with jl

cheese,

u are so spot on

"My hubby just say he is still young n also, next time he Cfm will need to go to the school n why worry so much? Hsha that's the main diff btw me and hubby

He think so easily n I'm always do stressful"

wondering are we mothers thinking too much...hahaha

ya..i most prob will place him into N1 at 3 years old or straight into N2 at 4.

the rest i will put him at weekend class n let him learn thru there. now he's like a chatterbox at home, talks like as if he swallow a loud speaker n a drama king.

now my only worry is no 1 speak to him in mandrian at home. ended up i keep getting chinese children songs and make him listern n listern to it..gt slight inprovement after a mth..hope will get better on it.

lasery: i guess i have the decision like what u said. but cant bear to leave the sch la haha! coz it took us 1 year to get in. it's easier to get in at this age coz they are considered as the youngest batch and get promoted thru the years. if wait until she turns 3, we can only wait for kids to withdraw before there's slot.. im staying in the very west, and after doing so much research i dont find any gd sch near my mum's. cos i dont want her to bring my girl ard & take public transport. what if it rains, etc? so inconvenient to carry her, take the bag, umbrella and board the bus.

my mum keeps saying i'm being brainwashed by my friends for wanting to let my girl attend sch so soon, but seriously i have seen my friends who have kids in CC at young age and those who attend half-day preschools. only modern mums will encourage.. the difference is obvious. in fact she doesnt find it necessary for kids to attend sch at all till they go K1! She ask me why do i have to be worried, eventually they all go P1 they study the same thing.

nw she goes round telling all relatives, ppl think im silly when i have my mum to help, say i have too much $ to spend, etc etc. what they dont know is that i really cant accept them when they pamper my girl so much. that i told my bro to quickly have a baby so my parents can spread some of their love... lol

I asked her, what if i have #2 next time? she say save the CC $ to employ maid for her. Faints!

cheese: oh, i thought ur boy was in infant care previously & went on to CC. didnt know u withdrew him.. i agree with you, when they are looked after by parents, they are very pampered.

This is the reason why i didnt want to put her in their place coz when i went to the CC, i could see that my girl was the most selfish & bad tempered girl there!

the only thing is at this age.. if go CC, they will stay there till they turn 6. that is like 4 yrs+ of being in an air-condtioned place & enclosed place for almost 10 hrs daily..

sweetkiss,

ya i put him there for 1mth only. coz the maid went bk for 2 weeks and my MIL can't handle him alone. inside only gt 5 bbs, 3 same age as him while the other 1 is a infant. he was the biggest n tallest..=.=!! like king kong like tt..n also don't like to share coz he's the king at home. i felt the aunty there taught him well for 1mth only. he know how to hold his own bottle n know how to share after 1mth only. he was about 13 or 14mth tt time.

withdraw him after 1mth, coz luke got sick just 1 week after he went in. then almost every week also gt diaper rash. see liao sim tia..hahaha

it's not silly to think of putting our child into school early as the competetion is so strong nowadays. the elder might not know that as they had been off the children days for so long. they won't know how the schools are like. my hub nephew is learning 5 sybullus words (hippopotamus) at pri 1 when we are still learning apple n pear.

the education lvl had increase so much in diffculities that we as young parents can't even catch up not to say the elders.

i was looking at CS monte at serangoon tt time. but luke don't seems like ready as he was not able to walk stablely still when i brought him there to see. there's alot of moving around and if i were to put him in he would be the youngest around n i m just afraid he might nt be able to cope by himself. i was so wrong loh, when he was 18mths he is already running and walking stablely n bla bla blaing around at home...=.=!!

went around bringing him for alot of trial classes and found 1 which he like to attend n will move around *disturbing girls*.

nowadays we seldom have group gathering le....must find 1 day bring them out.

Lasery, our worry is opposite!! Haha jl Chinese is better... Eh my own English also not good la haha.

Yes I am not going to stress myself over it already

Just let him have a good childhood life

Yes sk, jl withdraw when he is 11mths old but I will still bring him so school Occasionally to visit the teachers

If I ever going to have #2, we will going to have a maid n my mil to look after. But don't know If going to happen! Lol

cheese,

u should be glad...u know what last time my hub is from st andrews. 1 of his teacher actually leave near my old place there n we met her a few times at the market with my son. she n her hub was telling us. talk to him in chinese n not english. when they goes to school they can learn all the english they want but not chinese and now seldom parents speak chinese to their kids and alot had diffculties passing chinese in school.

tt's y i worry abt his chinese coz no 1 speak to him in chinese except my mum.

lasery: like you, no one speaks to my girl in chinese either. she only knows how to call nainai, gugu etc etc.. and da pi gu (hit backside, and with action) haha. but since my chinese is also so bad, i'm scared i'll end up teaching her wrongly which is worse because it's very hard to unlearn!

we enrolled her in half day CC starting in July. actually my mum has been taking care of her when i work, but i think she's getting naughtier because my mum is the typical grandma who won't scold. will just let her run wild. and my girl knows who she can bully. she will listen to me and hubby but will just do what she wants when my mum is around. her manja-ness will increase very obviously when my mum comes. buay tahan.

my hubby agrees that we need to send her to school coz the house is getting too small for her haha. in fact he said wanna send her in May, but i think that may be a bit soon. i think she needs to interact with other kids and learn life/social skills. i'm not so worried about academics coz there's so much time for that, no need to be too kiasu. but i dont want her to be selfish or bully other kids. she already just helps herself to other kids' toys at the playground until a 3 year old boy cried coz of her.

peanut,

totally agree loh. luke also just help himself to the toys on my friend's kid birthday party n went around hugging the girls. i bet those boys must be jealous.

tt's cute with da pi gu n action...hahaha

like yr girl girl,mine also very obvious when i m around or his dad is around. he will guai guai behave himself. once we goes out he will go crazy. zoom around the house n fall dwn liao he will wail...

if we all around, he only dare to run abit n if fall dwn he won't dare to cry..but will look at the floor n beat the floor after tt walk to me n point at the body part n say pain pain..=.=!!

sweetkiss,

don't worri too much on when to put yr little girl in cc lah. she will show signs when they are ready...

toliet training:

any 1 start liao mah? i was wondering shld i start coz he know when he pee n poo. he will tell us wet wet n chou chou.

I hv not started potty training with my boy yet....cuz now he will only, at times, tell my ILs (since they take care of him during weekdays) he had "da bian" after he is done.

We tried to let him sit on the potty to poo but every time, he refuses to poo when sit on the potty. Then when we wear back his diaper, within 10mins, he will poo in it liao. Aiyo.

Last time when he was 11-14mths old, he will sit on the potty and poo in the morning, but dunno why now dun like/dun want liao.

mrslong,

ya, he will tell after he's done..mine nv use a potty be4 coz no 1 at home at let him..most of the time is the maid look after him n she is lazi. think must make her use the potty n train him liao..

morning everyone....so nice to see that this thread is still moving

saw u gals brought the kids to dentist....where n how much har?

Hi SK,

You are not alone.

My girl also down with cough and flu since she started her playgroup.

So heart pain seeing her suffer all the nights..

I also wondering i should withdraw her or not..

sometimes we thought we are giving the best to our kids but actually they are not happy with our arrangement =(

thanks cheese & lasery. for now i will just wait till july then start sourcing for weekend music classes. perhaps she will join sch next year.

my girl is fully potty trained in the day. she only wears diapers when she sleeps or when we go out.. actually since 5 mths old my mum trained her to poo on the potty daily & by 1 yr she stopped pooing on diapers. she will signal us by pointing to her diaper when she wants to poo, and she sits on the toilet bowl with a child seat on it. 1 tip if ur child doesnt like to sit: my gal loves to play with water! so everytime she sits on the toilet bowl i will let her play with a mini pail with water and a spoon inside, etc. so she will sit still and enjoy her water play. haha

for peeing part, i didnt expect to train her but it just happened that she had fungal infection at her privates. she wld scratch till it bled. i kept thinking it was diaper rash and applied diaper cream religiously! it looked so bad i finally brought her to the doc who said i have to stop letting her wear diapers or else the problem will keep coming back. he told me.. at her age its also about time to train them. he said we must let them know the feeling of wanting to pee so they will know next time when this "sensation" comes they have to go toilet. so for a start i only let her wear panties at home.. easier to wash immediately if she wets it. then i will ask if she wanna pee every 30mins. surprisingly we had only 3 accidents and after that she was able to tell us each time she has to go. i guess she also hates to pee on her pants.. anyway, my gal is a clean freak, she will pick strands of hair or specks of dust if found on the floor and ask me to throw into the bin!

carol.. every mummy who been through this told me to hold on... u have to be strong too ok? they told me kids will confirm fall sick, lose weight and stuff but once they pass that "3 mths", slowly things will improve. i am ready to go through that but quite xian of putting her in sch and withdrawing and arguing with my mum. if my parents are supportive still nvm.. so i will now wait till next year when she is more independent then go sch.

SK

so fast diaper free during daytime? my gal juz started telling us shh shh but most of the time we bring her to toilet already too late she pee on diaper liao

Carol: How was the seperation anxiety level for your gal when you first put her in the PG? My boy will be starting in April this year for a 2 hr PG, I think mine and his anxiety level will be high even though it is 2 hrs..cos I have been taking care of him since he was born.

JTS: Yesterday my friend and I went to a new PG in the West area, just to KPO and to compare with the one which we have enrolled our child in. It was a Montessori concept, the teacher teaching phonics and giving Montessori time is the only good teacher around.

The Chinese teacher is really horrible, even though we the parents were there! She used much strength holding my frd's gal's hand and forced her to paint, and when she was teaching Chinese, she got so pissed and I heard her say "Pai seh"!!! when the children did not respond to her. Hello! She did not even teach and she started to ask the children "where is your eyes? Where is your nose?" in Mandarin and there were only 3 young kids around- 2 19mths old, and 1 23mths old. Then she just let the children take a piece of paper to colour with no explanation. This led us to think, what will happen to the kids when the parents are not around with them during the PG? And the yound child has no capacity to feedback to the parent. Anyway, this PG lacks content teaching, and there were 3 sessions of painting within the 2 hours which I think is a waste of time.

SK: My boy is only playing around with his potty. Like sticking his legs in the potty, cannot sit down for 5mins...how...haha..

SK,

Thanks for your encouragement!!

It is true that our child tend to fall sick after they go to school.

Cough, flu or fever i still can accept, but i most worry of the HFMD.

The teacher in her playgroup never measure the kids' temperature and check their hand/foot b4 they enter the class.

I think i will observe until end of Feb then only decide whether should let her continue or not.

When i see she down with flu, i think my initial decision is wrong as i cause her to fall sick.

But whenever i saw her homework from school, i will feel that my decision is correct since she still learn sthing in the school and better than learn nothing with nanny at home.

Anyway, i will still let her continue at least til march.

charliebrown,

The teacher in the montessori sound horrible wor.

But my gal's teacher and the assistant are as lousy as the teacher you described too.

Whenever the kids cry, the assistant will warn them in threatening way, shout at them loudly like seeing ghost.

The assistant is those older aunty type, who still using old ppl way to educate the kids.

When the kids try to open the door, the assistant or teacher will hit their palm which i totally disagree since they are still so young..

Anyway, i just close 1 eye now as i will transfer her to kinderland in Jan next year.

Now just let her mix around with other kids and some more there is no other playgroup which accept 18 months toddler and near to my nanny's house.

For separation anxiety, my girl actually cope with it very well.

First day i accompanied her to the class for 2 hours, 2nd day i spent 1.5 hours there and although she ll cry once in a while, but she will stop crying once the assistant carried her.

When i was leaving, i try to bid goodbye to her and tell her i was going to leave, but the assistant keep asking me to leave and don't let my girl know!!

Oh my god, doesn't she know that we not suppose to leave like that or else in future our child will lost confident in us?!!

On 3rd day, nanny accompanied her about 1 hour and she was ok of being alone inside.

But according to my nanny, the teacher and assistant not allowed her to follow my girl on the 4th day, they just carried her away and asked nanny to leave!!

The assistant even "jia li hai" and said let my girl be the last one to enter the class.

Imagine my girl is still new to the environment, suddenly ppl snatched her away from nanny's hand, put her in new class and close the door directly, sure she will be very scare.

Since then my girl had nightmare for 2 nights, wake up in the midnight and cried.

even in her afternoon nap she will also wake up and cried "Aunty, aunty (calling the nanny)"

Then i went to the school again and asked the teacher to allow my nanny to follow her at least 10 mins and let her enter the classroom 1st to warm up before the lesson starts.

Now she no more crying in the afternoon nap and during the midnight and when the teacher asked my girl, "Aunty go back home ok?", she ll just nod her head and waive goodbye to nanny.

I think sometimes our kid can cope better than we expect. But it also depends on how capable the teachers are in helping our child to overcome separation anxiety.

suika: let her try without diapers & see how.. dont wait for her to tell u, u try to make it a point to bring her to the potty every 30 mins, that's what i did. u have to be prepared for accidents, but maybe after that she will know how to tell you when she pees. i guess they dont like the feeling when they wet themselves.

charliebrown: which PG is that? i am thinking of putting my gal at summer montessori nxt year. the boonlay campus is near my mum's. if not she will continue to go LSH. We just withdrawn her and told the principal we will put her in the waiting list for next yr, because i really like the sch.

get the toilet child seat and let him sit on toilet bowl. then his legs wont be long enough to reach the floor and he has no chance to move. haha~!

carol: i was always told kids adapt better than adults. when they start having fun, u will see that not giving up is worth it. just like how my fren told me, her kid always ask her not to pick her from CC so early coz she has not finished playing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SK,

she likes to following my #1, when he says shh shh she'll says shh shh oso...it's like monkey see monkey do

none of my kids uses the potty

Sk, I think it's amazing your baby is potty trained. I bought a potty for Amelie but when I got her to sit, she just wants to play. Sit down, stand up & repeat. Not pee or poo. She's also a clean freak, insists on wearing shoes at home cos she can't stand dirty floors. But she seems ok with peeing & pooing in her diapers.

Babycoco: take your time.. perhaps because my girl was already introduced to the potty at very young age, she knows what it is for and seldom plays with it. but i prefer to let her sit on the toilet bowl coz i hate washing her potty! at home, if she wears diapers, she will also not pee in it but want to use toilet bowl. but if we were outside at someone's house, she will not inform us! so its strange she knows when to do it on diaper and when not to.

hello everybody, this thread is alive again... :p

Playgroup - baby K also attending thrice weekly playgroup at a Montessori centre. The teachers there very lively. She was a little hesitant in the initital days but now she will stroll into the class and waive us bye...

SK - if I were you in your shoes, I will still put baby K in CC. my MIL takes good care of Keila but they also pamper her too much. My MIL is not good at maintaining a routine. I feel baby K naps too little during the day just because MIL says she does not want to sleep. You know how kids can fight sleep, and can go on playing for hours. I usually wont allow that... I believe in CC, every thing will be more structured, including nap time times. Since baby K does not have a structured nap time, we still have to accompany her to bed. And she cannot sleep in her own room. I prefer my kids to be more independent.

SK: I have PMed you the name of the PG. I also think it is very clever of your girl to be day time potty trained already at this age. Save on diapers too! Cos I read about potty training and signs of readiness in a child, my boy is only like 1/5 ready. Hahah! He will only cover his front part after he poos or pees in diaper.

I think the Summer Boon Lay campus is very big and nice, since their population is getting bigger, maybe you can put K on waitlist first, be kiasuuuuu!! The old campus for the younger kids is already very packed. I also like LSH cos I went to their open house b4 and I like the curriculum which is literacy-based. But again long waiting list and the fees are very steep, even after subsidy.

Carol: So bad of the teachers to hit their palms! Yea, we must say a proper good bye when we are leaving, cannot just sneak off like that. The PG my boy is going in only allows the parents to stay for 15mins for the first day. Very cold-hearted and cold-turkey treatment like that...

SK: so gooooood! potty trained already! i think your girl is probably just distracted when outside so forgot to say when she wants to go toilet. she'll probably be fully trained soon!

mine, like some of the others, will only say when she has already pooped. sometimes she only farts but will still point and say "poo!" then i'll check and realise false alarm. i think coz my mum says "pooot" when my girl farts. confuses her only.

i need to be daring like SK and let her go diaperless haha! esp nowadays my girl is very prone to getting diaper rash sigh.

charlie, Carol: those teachers really sound terrible, until Carol your kid got nightmare! sometimes i think it's hard to tell what a CC / PG will be like until our kids are already there, coz a lot of them dont let us observe (to protect the existing children). But then it's so disruptive for our kids to keep changing schools.

Peanut: Agree with you. Furthermore, that was a trial session I went to at the new PG. Shouldn't the teachers put in their best effort in the trial so that the parents can spread how good the school is, instead of tarnishing their name, like what I am doing now? muahahaha! But is also good to see their true colours.

Going diaperless:

Maybe I should also let mine try..find one good day and stay at home whole day and be diaperless and train and train..

SK: ya...so good...mine only know how to tell us when he poo or pee in the diaper liao. i think must start to train him le...

i saw on yahoo Gmarket there's this boys urinal which can be mounted on the wall for children to pee..feel quite tempted to get it for him...but he's not even ready to pee without his diaper..

peanut: Yea loh! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lasery: For mine, I'll just train all poo and pee sit down first. So not so difficult for me and him. Next time then teach him how to aim standing up. This aiming is very difficult I feel, even some male adults also cant do properly. My ah lao said is possible to pee sitting down for guys leh..hahahah.

charlie:

yes it's possible for guys to pee seating dwn. coz the "bird" will drop dwn mah...=X

ya, it's always gd to go for trial classes n get a feel of it. i went the gymacadamics be4 too...i totally KO not to say luke..the physical part quite intensive but learning is abit only. they let the child hang on the monkey bars on their own then after tt parents will assist them dwn. alot of gym components..after tt gt storybook time then follow by flashcards.

by the time reaches flashcards, luke was already yawning le...lolx.

SK: wow, good for yr girl to be potty trained liao.

I also dunno when & how to train my boy to be ready. When make him sit on the potty nowadays, sit for awhile either want to get up or tell us 不要 (when we asked him if he wanna pee or poo), or if not put his hand inside to touch his "kuku"...haha. aiyo.

Then after poop in diaper liao then say.

Morning mummies.

Talking abt PG. My boy is still on the waitlist for the daily 2hr PG near my ILs plc since Nov 2011....dunno when will be his turn.

He is getting nottier lor. And since my ILs are helping me to tske care of him, they do spoil him at times. Ironically, its my FIL who spoils him most. Everything also let him be....cry only carry him, give him what he wants, etc.

Then sometimes i will tell my FIL, leave my boy alone...dun give in to him!

hi mummies,

long time never read this thread...

didnt know this thread is still very hot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

M just started his preschool last week but was down with fever & cough on his 3rd day. MC for 1 day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

lucky M blended in on his 2nd day.

he was very discipline &"quai" everytime back from school last week but back to to square on sat & sun plus MC on monday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] little rascal @ home...

anyone keen to have swimming playdate next saturday afternoon at my place (katong area)? but only can accommodate 10 adults + 10 tods. got small heated pool... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies

i don know how ppl think, when i told him i sent my kids to infant when they r 2mth old.

fussy eater: at hm, i do see my kids prefer some food, don like certain food.

but at cc, they only serve veg, so my kids eat lot of veg, specially my elder, she love veg so much, she eat more veg than meat.

as my son, he will request for meat / fish during meal time.

losing weight: at 18mth, is a x where they will explore, so when they were at cc, there r lot of activites, like dancing, singing, a small playground for them to climb, that y, some grandparents do think that cc don give enough food to their grandkids, that y they lose weight. there was once, the teacher was doing a refund, so i check with her, she told me, the granny is complainting her grandson is not eating much at cc, cc don give enough food, that y her grandson is losing weight, so i tot her grandson is very skinny n small, but end up her grandson is quite big in size and not skinny at all. (-_-)!!

they can all behave in sch, but once back to us, they start to bully us, maybe they know they can't get their way in sch.

jasmine:

it's common for 2mths to be at infant care nowadays. old people might think HUH so poorthing. but they don't understand our hardship.

ya when L was at infant care for a week tt time (temp de)...he was so much well behave....but now at home he's like a monster..everyting also goes his way coz the maid won't dare to scold him..his nai nai at times only when he's really getting on her nerves.

most of the time is only the parents reach home then he will be slighter better..

now reaching the terrible 2 stage..they are more explorsive and also more curious of their surrounding items. abit of things also will trigger their curosity. =.=!!

mrslong: true, my dad spoils my girl so much. already told him many times not to give in to everything, he insisted he is not spoiling her! whenever my dad is around, don't expect my girl to walk. he will carry her everywhere till my girl refuses to walk most of the time when she is with me. for me, i will ignore her and walk away. she will cry and follow. my dad simply cannot bear to see her upset. everytime he scolds my girl and she cries, he says to my girl "ok la ok la.. gong gong sayang you".. like that how to discipline?

lasery: even though my girl in cc less than a month. i could see some changes in her like she becomes less clingy to me and can play on her own. last time she will follow me everywhere even when i need to bathe or do biz! but my mum insist is not the school but that she is the one who taught my gal well. -.- the only upsetting thing is that, my gal during that period hates me. everytime i bring her home, she refuses me and wants to hit me. it's like she knows i throw her in sch and she doesnt want me~ but my friend told me its normal. then my mum will gloat over it and tell me, nxt time my girl will not be close to me anymore, cos i'm the bad guy.

Sk:

oh not, tt's not nice to say tt to u...

sometimes L gets angry n will hit people..there's a period of time (13-16mths) he will smack mi or his dad when he's angry or when things don't goes his way..partly his communication skill nt as good n we can't understand what he wants n he will get angry.

he smack mi i will stare at him and n walk awy...he smack his dad he will get a hell of scolding n beating...now he don't dare liao...

if he throws temper the most he dare is cry until very loud n squirm on the floor n refuse to move. then the maid / his nai nai will wanna try carry him n calm him dwn...i will scold them also if they dare go near him. usually when no 1 look at him he will auto stop n get up.

now if his dad/ mi start scolding him. every 1 will run awy...he will know no 1 will help him.

the 1 and only person tt dare to take him awy is my FIL...coz every 1 in the hse is scared of him. he will go.."ok enough. u come yeye here."..L will auto quiet dwn n walk over. his yeye will start telling him.."see lah. naughty boy hor then bla bla scold u rite"...L will nod his head but quiet de...

lasery

same here, whenever i scolding my kids, my mum, dad n sisters will want to save them.

i will stop them gg to them, also them coming near.

just yesterday, i was scolding my elder, so happen 2nd bath finish n need to wear clothes as his daddy is busy, so i asked my elder to stand aside n wait. then my mum tried to recuse her, by asking her go to her, but my elder was well train by me, she don dare to go over, she just stand there n wait. end up my mum gave up, and comment, aiyo, mummy ask u to stand there, really don move at all. haha! cos she know, if she move over, i will drag her back and she will kena more scolding from me. but i wonder if my 2nd can do the same.

Potty training: I have not really started training Kayden on peeing but he know how to tell us when he wanna poop. He will come find me and give me that "gek sia" face. Then I will ask him if he wanna poop.. if he indicated yes, I will tell him "let's go find Pooh Bear, ok?" He will say ok and follow. What I did was decorated the toilet with pooh bear stickers. Even the toilet cover and his kiddy toilet seat also pooh bear one. Like that he will willingly follow me to toilet to pooh. But never shout loudly and frantically when he indicate to you that he wanna poo or else he will cry. Cause he will think pooping is wrong and that's why the person scream loudly. My hubby always does that and always kanna scolding from me.

Childcare: We also starting Kayden with childcare next Monday. I told daddy we monitor for one month.. if Kayden show any sign of stress and cannot cope, then we will pull him out and put him in 2hrs playgroup near my in-law place.

ann,

me me, i going..during lunch..fly there n fly back...need to get shoes for L....all his shoes n slipper buang liao...haiz..big feet.left his formal shoe which i just bought during CNY tt time.

My MIL and my dad totally spoils G also. My MIL even tell us not to smack him when we are trying to discipline him. She will say she never beat or cane her son (my hubby). Of course my hubby is damn shock she will say that la cos his memories are different from hers. hahaha

As for my parents, my mom is alot stricter to G. But my dad also super spoil and pamper him!!

Now they are all getting very naughty already! =|

suika,

mrslong n me going dwn ltr..but i will go during my lunch...

jaclyn,

ya...agree on it...mine is those chi ran bu chi ying kind...the more fierce u get the more fierce he gets too..(..my genes..bao ying as according to my mum)..so only his dad can fight his fierce coz he is super damn fierce when disciplining him.

my mum is those soft kind so she talk to him he will listern even he don't want...like finish his porriage then play toys..i can scold n scream at him when at my mum place. totally useless..my mum open her mouth. he will look at her n obey..(miracle)

lasery2k : my son also .. damn fierce. I scold him loudly his first reaction is want to hit me and pull my hair! (revenge syndrome sia).

Scary man.

But I'm also very fierce to him.. no choice.. everyone else so soft.

haha! bao ying! my mum says that to me too. coz my hus' bro is very naughty. when preggy that time, i was still staying with them so i everyday complain to my mum how naughty and noisy he is. my mum says now my daughter become like that, confirm is due to me complaining too much.

but nowadays my girl seems to know who is gd to her and who isn't. my dad spoils her so much that she would rather be with him than me.

everytime when i wanna bring her home, she will cry & rather follow my dad. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] when my dad comes home from work, she will quickly run to the gate to call him, then hold his hand to bring him to her playroom.

but when i reach my mum's, she just looks up at me and continue playing, only when she is in a gd mood, she will run to hug me.

sometimes it breaks my heart.. especially when i rem those days i struggle so hard to bear with the pain & BF her, now she feels so distant to mommy. sob..

Back